Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Byron Nelson

tony@CIC

Just got home and started watching it. Is this course as boring as it looks on tv? Not sure if it's the camera angles or its just a wide open course.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I was saying to some guys at the course earlier today that I thought it looked pretty interesting - and difficult? I also think TV makes it look boring. It's flat as a pancake it appears. TV makes golf appear much flatter than it is at most venues. Think Augusta as one example. Of course Augusta is a Parkland course and not what I'm calling the Nelson course as a heathland. I'm sure the Nelson course is much different when you are standing there. But.... it's kind of boring on TV.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I was saying to some guys at the course earlier today that I thought it looked pretty interesting - and difficult? I also think TV makes it look boring. It's flat as a pancake it appears. TV makes golf appear much flatter than it is at most venues. Think Augusta as one example. Of course Augusta is a Parkland course and not what I'm calling the Nelson course as a heathland. I'm sure the Nelson course is much different when you are standing there. But.... it's kind of boring on TV.

Yup after about an hour I still couldn't get into it. Normally my wife and I enjoy watching golf on weekends.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I agree Tony, heck some of the greens were bigger than my yard!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I somewhat enjoyed it but I have a problem with the course itself. I really hate when a designer destroys the natural land and trees to build this type of course. The aerial shots were crazy Trinity forest all around and this barren wasteland of a golf course in the middle of it. I think that is terrible. The golf course in my opinion should just fit naturally into what is already there. If you want a links style course maybe Dallas isn't the place try the heartland or something. I didn't like it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

I somewhat enjoyed it but I have a problem with the course itself. I really hate when a designer destroys the natural land and trees to build this type of course. The aerial shots were crazy Trinity forest all around and this barren wasteland of a golf course in the middle of it. I think that is terrible. The golf course in my opinion should just fit naturally into what is already there. If you want a links style course maybe Dallas isn't the place try the heartland or something. I didn't like it.

Agreed. The blimp shots were totally stunning....but also a little sad. I remember saying to myself "I hope that was already farmland" but I saw the true scale of it when they panned even further out to show an expanse of trees.

I think this guy might have something to say about the situation:

the-lorax-pic09.jpg

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Agreed. The blimp shots were totally stunning....but also a little sad. I remember saying to myself "I hope that was already farmland" but I saw the true scale of it when they panned even further out to show an expanse of trees.

I think this guy might have something to say about the situation:

the-lorax-pic09.jpg

A course like that needs tons of wind I mean like 25-30 the fairways were huge...the greens were huge. I was laughing when they shot FIR and GIR stats it's like well yeah he hit every fairway.SmartSelect_20180521-083741_Samsung%20Internet.jpg

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

OMG. Poor guy wins his first tournament at such a young age and gets stiff armed on national TV. Nobody deserves this:

suSOP6N.gif

TFW you just want to shrivel up and disappear

AzJlD0U.jpg

TF was built on a landfill, which has environmental constraints as far as what can be done.  Either way, Coore & Crenshaws signature is to use as much as the natural landscape as possible.  I am not going to say that there were no trees taken out but being a landfill I doubt there were many where the course was routed.  I struggle with seeing certain courses on TV because the broadcast doesn't do it justice for all the undulations.  I bet this course plays WAY better than it portays on TV.  Uneven lies, etc.  

:callaway-small:  Epic Flash SZ 9o w/ Ventus 6X

:callaway-small:  Rogue 4wd w/ ATMOS Red 7X

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20o w/ ATMOS Blue 7S tipped 1"

:mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour 4i - PW (standard lofts) Rifle

:titelist-small:  SM6 51o, 59o, SM7 55o   

:titelist-small:  2019 ProV1x

:tp-mills-1: Custom Ming

i believe the girl is the sister of Aaron Wise.

I don't think I would try to kiss my sister like that...

:callaway-small:  Epic Flash SZ 9o w/ Ventus 6X

:callaway-small:  Rogue 4wd w/ ATMOS Red 7X

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20o w/ ATMOS Blue 7S tipped 1"

:mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour 4i - PW (standard lofts) Rifle

:titelist-small:  SM6 51o, 59o, SM7 55o   

:titelist-small:  2019 ProV1x

:tp-mills-1: Custom Ming

TF was built on a landfill, which has environmental constraints as far as what can be done. Either way, Coore & Crenshaws signature is to use as much as the natural landscape as possible. I am not going to say that there were no trees taken out but being a landfill I doubt there were many where the course was routed. I struggle with seeing certain courses on TV because the broadcast doesn't do it justice for all the undulations. I bet this course plays WAY better than it portays on TV. Uneven lies, etc.

Correct. It was a landfill so there were no trees on site and they were not allowed to plant new ones due to environmental concerns. Not sure how that even works but that's what I read leading up to the tournament. Benign winds and some rain made the course much easier. Hopefully next year they put some teeth back in it.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

So they went out to this landfill and Ben Crenshaw said wow look at these natural contours of this landfill let's build a link course here on top of this trash that will be fun.

Bryson DeChambeau

I am only joking yeah I read the article hard to believe they didn't have to remove any trees though I just domt like the look at all. I would love to play it though get my FIR and GIR percentages way up make me feel good.

Bryson DeChambeau

i believe the girl is the sister of Aaron Wise.

According to this article, it's actually his girlfriend:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/05/aaron-wise-kiss-rejected-girlfriend-video-byron-nelson-pga-win-celebration-golfer/amp

Still, doesn't make it hurt any less. I know we all know this feeling...that's probably what makes it even more viral.

Uf da. I mean- throw a guy a bone, right?

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Archived