Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Nicklaus Calls "Bullshit" on World Rankings

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

“I don't think it means anything,” Nicklaus said Wednesday. “How could it mean a lot? Tiger (Woods) is No. 1 and hasn't won a tournament all year.

“To me whoever is playing the best right now is the No. 1 player, not a bunch of computer rankings.”

READ FULL ARTICLE: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/fromthebunker/2010/10/20/jack-nicklaus-doesnt-know-or-care-whos-world-no-1/

#TruthDigest

Hilarious! He does make a good point...

Titleist 910D2 9.5 | PX HZRDUS Handcrafted Yellow 75
Titleist 915F 16.5* | Aldila Rogue Black 80
Srixon Z U65 20* | Mitsubishi OT 105
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 4 | Project X LZ 6.0
Mizuno MP-15 5-P | Project X LZ 6.0
Vokey SM6 50.08F, 54.10S | TT DG S200

Vokey SM7 58.12D | TT DG S200
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #3 350g

The "World #1 Ranking" is the most over-hyped worthless rating ever. Why the hell is it talked about so much, when being #1 pays nothing and is based on.......... WHAT??? Earnings over a large period of time. Gotta say, there is NO reason for TW to have been #1 for not only this year, but last year too. What did he do last year? Not much. Not bad, but not much when compared to previous years. Oh hell, in fact, lets go back a year before. What did he do in '08 that kept him at #1. He was injured most of the year.

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

Only won the US Open in incredible fashion but I guess thats not much...People need to stop hating on Tiger, the dude will be the best for a long time, hes just in a slump which everyone goes through. Hes still young so you can bet on more majors for sure and plenty more wins! Tiger is the MAN!!!

Only won the US Open in incredible fashion but I guess thats not much...People need to stop hating on Tiger, the dude will be the best for a long time, hes just in a slump which everyone goes through. Hes still young so you can bet on more majors for sure and plenty more wins! Tiger is the MAN!!!

Mike is a Tiger fan, and has MUCH respect for the guy. What he's saying is true, though... in no other sport can you take half the year off and still retain your #1 ranking. Think about it: what if Nebraska (for argument's sake; and they're my favorite team) is the preseason #1 in college FB, plays 6 games in outstanding fashion, then calls it a day and doesn't bother showing up for the remaining six games? Of course they'd lose their #1 ranking, maybe not even be invited to a bowl game. Same with tennis and NASCAR- if Federer and Johnson did that, they wouldn't be where they are. Why should golf be different?

Really, it's not just for the #1 spot. There's volatility in EVERY spot. I hate to say it (well, maybe I don't...) but golf needs to be more like NASCAR. From the rankings to the selling of the product (the golfers).

Archived