Testers Wanted: ExPutt! ×

OFFICIAL #CobraCONNECT CHALLENGE 2018

hckymeyer

Congratulations GeekingGolf...I screwed my math up somewhere.

Thanks I got lucky that I checked the MGS app at the right time or I wouldn't have been the first to get it right. I had to check my math a couple of times too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I never checked 😳😝

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

I think HardcoreLooper takes the win this week he already had good GIR this past week and he missed some fairways. If he gets that left miss under control he will push his GIR up I have faith in his ability to adjust this week. Good luck.

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

My moneys on Joyzee, the rest of you boys should just take a week off and rest up for the next challenge...

Question wise, has anyone become more accurate with the F8's over their old sticks? Im especially interested in changes in accuracy with the lower lofted irons (4,5,6), and you guys that went one length might still be adjusting so I'm not necessarily asking you, but still feel free to chime in, especially if you've got them figured out by now. 

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Reesedw had some solid GIR stats last week, my money's on him in this week's challenge! 

Are you guys finding having the instant stats a help, a hindrance, or neither? Do you look at the stats after the round and say "ok I can do better here and here", or do you look at them and obsess over what went wrong in the round even more than you normally do?

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:maxfli: Tour S

My moneys on Joyzee, the rest of you boys should just take a week off and rest up for the next challenge...

Question wise, has anyone become more accurate with the F8's over their old sticks? Im especially interested in changes in accuracy with the lower lofted irons (4,5,6), and you guys that went one length might still be adjusting so I'm not necessarily asking you, but still feel free to chime in, especially if you've got them figured out by now.

I can't really say because I opted to go the 5 Hybrid option rather than the 4 & 5 iron. My thought was a lot of my buddies have dropped the 4 & 5 irons for hybrids, so I thought this is a good time to try.

I'll try to post some comparisons as I did have 4 & 5 irons in my Cobra F6's used as my baseline.

file-38C0B559-721B-45A2-90FA-AF15166313E8-15629-00000A9E116DF386.jpg

#CobraCONNECT using the new F8's from Cobra

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip or Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I can't really say because I opted to go the 5 Hybrid option rather the 4 & 5 iron. My thought was a lot of my buddies have dropped the 4 & 5 irons for hybrids, so I thought this is a good time to try.

I'll try to post some comparisons as I did gave 4 & 5 irons in my Cobra F6's used as my baseline.

attachicon.giffile-38C0B559-721B-45A2-90FA-AF15166313E8-15629-00000A9E116DF386.jpg

Yes please post those thoughts, I would definitely like to hear how the switch to the hybrid is going, I think others would appreciate it too. 

RH:

#cobraconnect19

I can't really say because I opted to go the 5 Hybrid option rather the 4 & 5 iron. My thought was a lot of my buddies have dropped the 4 & 5 irons for hybrids, so I thought this is a good time to try.

I'll try to post some comparisons as I did gave 4 & 5 irons in my Cobra F6's used as my baseline.

attachicon.giffile-38C0B559-721B-45A2-90FA-AF15166313E8-15629-00000A9E116DF386.jpg

I'm interested in your results on this also. In carrying a 4&5 iron and 4&5 hybrid. I can't get the trust in the hybrid that I have in irons although I've been hitting the hybrid better lately.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Reesedw had some solid GIR stats last week, my money's on him in this week's challenge! 

Are you guys finding having the instant stats a help, a hindrance, or neither? Do you look at the stats after the round and say "ok I can do better here and here", or do you look at them and obsess over what went wrong in the round even more than you normally do?

I am Still getting used to using the Arccos app mid round.  for me the biggest leap is looking at the app.. I am so used to getting my yardages and playing that i forget to look at the caddie... i do get the yardages and they have been spot on.. I did use it yesterday and it was money.. I just have to trust it which is hard to do.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

I am Still getting used to using the Arccos app mid round. for me the biggest leap is looking at the app.. I am so used to getting my yardages and playing that i forget to look at the caddie... i do get the yardages and they have been spot on.. I did use it yesterday and it was money.. I just have to trust it which is hard to do..

Does arccos keep track of a stat for when you listen to it's recommendation and vice versa and how it turned out? I think we might see some interesting metrics if so..

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

RH:

#cobraconnect19

Does arccos keep track of a stat for when you listen to it's recommendation and vice versa and how it turned out? I think we might see some interesting metrics if so..

I am not sure.. I have not seen it.. 

Dave-

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

I'll take that question. I've been slowly tooling around with Arccos lately and recently sent them a bunch of recommendations for improvements. This was one of them.

They said it's part of a planned future update so I'm hoping we'll have something before the challenge is over. If not, we have a pretty good chance of that hitting the official Arccos 360 test in stride.

Gotta give it to them, they're supporting the crap out of their product. I love seeing that in companies. Maybe this goes back to my baseball days but I tend to evaluate things based more on future potential than current value. I'm liking what I'm seeing from Arccos.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Are you guys ready to see how My game has progressed since I started using the Cobra F8's.... Numbers Do not lie..

Do not forget that i am still using MY old putter... 

These are my numbers from when I got my Arccos for my old clubs til I put the Cobras in play.... 

Pre Cobra baseline..PNG

And these are the numbers for my Cobra F8 clubs..... 

Cobra after 1 month.PNG

How about some Cobra Love..... 

Dave-

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

I'll take that question. I've been slowly tooling around with Arccos lately and recently sent them a bunch of recommendations for improvements. This was one of them.

They said it's part of a planned future update so I'm hoping we'll have something before the challenge is over. If not, we have a pretty good chance of that hitting the official Arccos 360 test in stride.

Gotta give it to them, they're supporting the crap out of their product. I love seeing that in companies. Maybe this goes back to my baseball days but I tend to evaluate things based more on future potential than current value. I'm liking what I'm seeing from Arccos.

Yeah. If nothing else it will show how useful the system is. Of course filtering out shanks and chunks would need to be part of it. But given how they are marketing the caddie feature, this stat feels like a no brainer. I'm surprised they didn't start with it.

Would you mind sharing the other ideas you submitted? I'm curious.

RH:

#cobraconnect19

Are you guys ready to see how My game has progressed since I started using the Cobra F8's.... Numbers Do not lie..

Do not forget that i am still using MY old putter...

These are my numbers from when I got my Arccos for my old clubs til I put the Cobras in play....

attachicon.gifPre Cobra baseline..PNG

And these are the numbers for my Cobra F8 clubs.....

attachicon.gifCobra after 1 month.PNG

How about some Cobra Love.....

That's damn impressive. What do you think is driving it? Clubs? More practice/play time? Better focus as part of the challenge? Since I am in a similar range of handicap, I know I need more/better practice time, but also have a strong suspicion my equipment is holding me back some too.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Test Currently In ProgressFit For Golf 2.0

I was not playing really old equipment prior to the Cobras. Ping G30 LST driver, Wilson D300 irons.. I think honestly some of it is the clubs, and some focus..

I am driving the ball better then I ever have, (Ping G30 and Taylor made R9 Supertri before that.) I had 3 holes yesterday that I went 270 to drive the green, 290 to within 5 yds of the green, and 261 to the corner of a dogleg par 5.. IN prior rounds I have had drives of 269 and 301 with the F8+.. yes I have had long drives before, but not this consistently long or straight.. I absolutely love the driver, 3wd and hybrids.. 

The irons are getting the ball to stop on short irons like nothing Ive played before and distance out of mid to long irons is fantastic. The irons have a great feel when hit..   Prior irons were the Wilson D300, and Ping G25's.. 

When I say focus, I mean i am taking a little extra time to stay within myself, and make a good swing, as ALL the stats counts at some point this season for the challenge.. 

SO yeah i think alot of it is the clubs, they are so much fun to play with.. are they the end all be all for everyone? probably not but they are definately worth a look.. Chisag did great write-ups on I think driver, woods and Maybe the Hybrids, go give them a read. What he wrote was spot on.. 

Dave-

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Sorry for just now jumping into this thread, but I was able to catch up on all the posts to ask a few questions of my own.  Great job so far with everything guys!!  Hope you're ready for the list!!

• How do the set wedges compare to normal wedges?  Are you able to get the same type of spin and performance?
    • Sorry I love wedge testing, so I'm always curious!
  • Has anyone made any adjustments to their clubs either to complete the challenge, or just to get better performance?  If you adjusted loft on the woods, how quickly did it change your averages?

• How do you feel about the grips?  Do you want more options in grip selections?

• Do you feel that you could perform better with your old clubs for these challenges?

• Are you playing any new courses during this, or are you sticking to the ones you know?  I know Joyzee played a few new ones.

• Are any of you going through coaching or swing changes right now?

• Were any of the courses you went to play not loaded into Arccos?

• Is there a challenge that you really want to see?

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

Blue Heron 5.PNG

Blue Heron 6.PNG

Blue heron 7.PNG

Boom.. 

Blue Heron 17.PNG

here is a 6 iron over a corner to the middle of the fairway, I've always had trouble with middle to long irons being hit consistently.. I stepped up and crushed this one... then I promptly crapped the bed with a hybrid.. But What a 6 iron shot... LOL

Dave-

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Take a look at my 180-230 yard approach stats with my old clubs:

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 11.12.12 PM.png

And with the F8s:

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 11.13.31 PM.png

I don't practice much, but this does help me focus what little practicing I do.

Yes please post those thoughts, I would definitely like to hear how the switch to the hybrid is going, I think others would appreciate it too.

At the current time, I don't care for the three hybrid. It sets up closed to me, and I feel like I need to manipulate the club to keep from hooking it off the planet. I need to give it some range time. I do like the idea of the rails. I played a wooden Baffler four wood back in high school.

I don't follow the caddie suggestions all that often. It seems that any time I do look at it, there's enough elevation change to make me want to go up or down a club. I keep Arccos in Tournament Mode, so it doesn't factor in elevation changes. But it's nice to know that you're in the ballpark.

Yeah. If nothing else it will show how useful the system is. Of course filtering out shanks and chunks would need to be part of it. But given how they are marketing the caddie feature, this stat feels like a no brainer. I'm surprised they didn't start with it.

Can't speak for Stud, but my suggestions are:

- Let users mark recovery shots as recovery shots, instead of just relying upon AI to figure out when you're in the trees.

- Let users download their data.

- Practice mode to generate data quickly.

Sorry for just now jumping into this thread, but I was able to catch up on all the posts to ask a few questions of my own.  Great job so far with everything guys!!  Hope you're ready for the list!!

• How do the set wedges compare to normal wedges?  Are you able to get the same type of spin and performance?
    • Sorry I love wedge testing, so I'm always curious!
  • Has anyone made any adjustments to their clubs either to complete the challenge, or just to get better performance?  If you adjusted loft on the woods, how quickly did it change your averages?
  • How do you feel about the grips?  Do you want more options in grip selections?
  • Do you feel that you could perform better with your old clubs for these challenges?
  • Are you playing any new courses during this, or are you sticking to the ones you know?  I know Joyzee played a few new ones.
  • Are any of you going through coaching or swing changes right now?
  • Were any of the courses you went to play not loaded into Arccos?
  • Is there a challenge that you really want to see?

I love the wedges. They're definitely not your typical set wedges. They look great, and they play really nicely. If anything, these wedges spin better than my old ones. These are real wedge grooves.

I've been playing with the driver setup constantly. I've been losing it to the right, whereas I hook every other club in the bag. So right now I have the heavier weight in the draw position, which seems weird to me. Stay tuned for results.

I like the grips, but I was in the process of putting Lamkin RELs on all my old clubs anyway.

On the whole, I would not be playing better with my old clubs. I was knocking off quite a bit of rust when I received the Arccos sensors for my old clubs, so this is a bit of a tough comparison, but I'm playing better with the F8s.

Mizuno:

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 11.56.10 PM.png

Cobra:

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 11.56.52 PM.png

Considering that I'm fighting with the driver and the hybrid, I've gotten this much better with 12 clubs in my bag right now. It's no contest.

I had every intention of playing a couple of new courses last week, but both opportunities fell through. I'm still open to it if I get a chance.

No real swing changes but I'm fighting my annual battle against taking the club too far inside right now. Happens every year.

All of the courses I've played so far have been loaded into Arccos.

I'll let Stud and Rob come up with the challenges. They're going to work out every part of our games.

What's in the bag:
Driver - TaylorMade Qi10 - Mitsubishi Diamana 60g (S)
3 Wood  - Callaway OG Big Bertha - RCH 90 (Firm)
5 Wood - Cobra Speed LD (L)
Driving Iron - New Level NLU-01
5i - PW - Wilson Staff D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - Cleveland CBX
58* - Cleveland CBX Full Face 2
Putter - Ping Craz-e
Bag - Sun Mountain 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  Titleist AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Sure no problem. Here's the rest of my suggestions. In their response, they said all of these recommendations were in work for future updates because they align with the #1 goal of making the system more useful/intuitive to the users. I didn't mention the practice mode because they had already acknowledged that as a future upgrade as well:

1) Positional Shots/Positional Handicap

Laying up or punching out is a skill. In some cases, it's extremely difficult to get the ball back in play and this "recoverability" could provide a nice insight into a player's total ability. Users can tag the shots and let algorithms take over. An obvious benefit is better fidelity in smart distance but it'll also help place blame where it's due for missing the green. Driving, not approach, should be affected in these instances.

2) Approach shot flag tag

Currently, Arccos assumes the pin is in the center of the green until you've putted to give it a best guess. Another app I use allows you to set custom points in your GPS overview. If Arccos allowed you to move the default mark, it could be an easy way to get an early approximation of pin location. In addition to saving time on post-round edits, it'll allow Arccos Caddie to recommend clubs in the short game based on a better guess at the distance plus figuring how much green there is to work with.

3) Hole/course history

It would be useful if you could look at your history for certain courses or holes. Average scores for laying up/going for it would be very helpful. It would also be nice to have insight into which holes you struggle with and which trouble on the course you find often. This insight could really help with course management strategy.

4) Listen to your Caddie!

Would love to see data related to Caddie suggestions. After it recommends a club, it would be nice to know if you made a good decision choosing something else or if the Caddie would've been right all along. This information would certainly help you guys in development as well.

5) Hole view resolution

I'm not sure what can be done about this, but the hole overviews through GPS are extremely fuzzy. When I zoom in, I have a difficult time making out certain features so I'm making wild guesses at pin location. Other apps have much clearer pictures so I'm sure it's possible to get better imagery.

6) Midsize Smart Grips

How about a little love for us guys with big hands?

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Take a look at my 180-230 yard approach stats with my old clubs:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-07-23 at 11.12.12 PM.png

And with the F8s:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-07-23 at 11.13.31 PM.png

I don't practice much, but this does help me focus what little practicing I do.

At the current time, I don't care for the three hybrid. It sets up closed to me, and I feel like I need to manipulate the club to keep from hooking it off the planet. I need to give it some range time. I do like the idea of the rails. I played a wooden Baffler four wood back in high school.

I don't follow the caddie suggestions all that often. It seems that any time I do look at it, there's enough elevation change to make me want to go up or down a club. I keep Arccos in Tournament Mode, so it doesn't factor in elevation changes. But it's nice to know that you're in the ballpark.

Can't speak for Stud, but my suggestions are:

- Let users mark recovery shots as recovery shots, instead of just relying upon AI to figure out when you're in the trees.

- Let users download their data.

- Practice mode to generate data quickly.

I love the wedges. They're definitely not your typical set wedges. They look great, and they play really nicely. If anything, these wedges spin better than my old ones. These are real wedge grooves.

I've been playing with the driver setup constantly. I've been losing it to the right, whereas I hook every other club in the bag. So right now I have the heavier weight in the draw position, which seems weird to me. Stay tuned for results.

I like the grips, but I was in the process of putting Lamkin RELs on all my old clubs anyway.

On the whole, I would not be playing better with my old clubs. I was knocking off quite a bit of rust when I received the Arccos sensors for my old clubs, so this is a bit of a tough comparison, but I'm playing better with the F8s.

Mizuno:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-07-23 at 11.56.10 PM.png

Cobra:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-07-23 at 11.56.52 PM.png

Considering that I'm fighting with the driver and the hybrid, I've gotten this much better with 12 clubs in my bag right now. It's no contest.

I had every intention of playing a couple of new courses last week, but both opportunities fell through. I'm still open to it if I get a chance.

No real swing changes but I'm fighting my annual battle against taking the club too far inside right now. Happens every year.

All of the courses I've played so far have been loaded into Arccos.

I'll let Stud and Rob come up with the challenges. They're going to work out every part of our games.

Those are incredible numbers, whats even more impressive than doubling your GIR % from that distance is how much more on line you are, almost all of your misses are short a few yards but dead on. Crazy. I really love seeing this kind of data, I'm sure you don't mind seeing those stats either!

Sure no problem. Here's the rest of my suggestions. In their response, they said all of these recommendations were in work for future updates because they align with the #1 goal of making the system more useful/intuitive to the users. I didn't mention the practice mode because they had already acknowledged that as a future upgrade as well:

Laying up or punching out is a skill. In some cases, it's extremely difficult to get the ball back in play and this "recoverability" could provide a nice insight into a player's total ability. Users can tag the shots and let algorithms take over. An obvious benefit is better fidelity in smart distance but it'll also help place blame where it's due for missing the green. Driving, not approach, should be affected in these instances.

Currently, Arccos assumes the pin is in the center of the green until you've putted to give it a best guess. Another app I use allows you to set custom points in your GPS overview. If Arccos allowed you to move the default mark, it could be an easy way to get an early approximation of pin location. In addition to saving time on post-round edits, it'll allow Arccos Caddie to recommend clubs in the short game based on a better guess at the distance plus figuring how much green there is to work with.

3) Hole/course history

It would be useful if you could look at your history for certain courses or holes. Average scores for laying up/going for it would be very helpful. It would also be nice to have insight into which holes you struggle with and which trouble on the course you find often. This insight could really help with course management strategy.

Would love to see data related to Caddie suggestions. After it recommends a club, it would be nice to know if you made a good decision choosing something else or if the Caddie would've been right all along. This information would certainly help you guys in development as well.

5) Hole view resolution

I'm not sure what can be done about this, but the hole overviews through GPS are extremely fuzzy. When I zoom in, I have a difficult time making out certain features so I'm making wild guesses at pin location. Other apps have much clearer pictures so I'm sure it's possible to get better imagery.

6) Midsize Smart Grips

So I thought you could mark a shot as a positional shot? are there just no stats around how well you did with it? Hole / Course History would be a cool feature as well, these are well thought out. If these features get pushed live, its gonna be really difficult not to purchase arccos.

RH:

#cobraconnect19

attachicon.gifBlue Heron 5.PNG

attachicon.gifBlue Heron 6.PNG

attachicon.gifBlue heron 7.PNG

Boom..

attachicon.gifBlue Heron 17.PNG

here is a 6 iron over a corner to the middle of the fairway, I've always had trouble with middle to long irons being hit consistently.. I stepped up and crushed this one... then I promptly crapped the bed with a hybrid.. But What a 6 iron shot... LOL

A 225 yard 6 iron dang that must be nice I dont think i have a club that goes 225 maybe my 2 hybrid wow the only think that has steered me away from game improvement irons is the lack of distance consistency because i have often read that while they are more forgiving there is a greater dispersion from well struck shot to off center shot. Are any of you seeing that at all? For me i hit my 6 iron 173 give or take a couple of yards I would hate to flush a 6 iron and it sail over the green.

Bryson DeChambeau

3) Hole/course history

5) Hole view resolution

6) Midsize Smart Grips

Those are all great suggestions and I never thought about recoverability being a skill but you are right that is definitely a skill.

Bryson DeChambeau

A 225 yard 6 iron dang that must be nice I dont think i have a club that goes 225 maybe my 2 hybrid wow the only think that has steered me away from game improvement irons is the lack of distance consistency because i have often read that while they are more forgiving there is a greater dispersion from well struck shot to off center shot. Are any of you seeing that at all? For me i hit my 6 iron 173 give or take a couple of yards I would hate to flush a 6 iron and it sail over the green.

I was thinking the exact same thing!  My 2 hybrid is what I would have to use for 225.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

I'm not seeing much distance loss on off-center shots. It's much better than with my old Mizunos. My big fear was the crazy-long one when you flush it, and I really haven't seen that yet. My big problem is trusting the new distances. 200 yards is an awfully long six iron, but it's a power bat (like the four and five irons). So I take the numbers on the bottom of the clubs with a grain of salt. 200 used to be a hybrid for me.

The other night, I had 195 to a back pin, and I just couldn't bring myself to hit a seven. So I hit the six, I hit it 200 yards, and it caught the downslope behind the green and took off. Again, I should have known that long is dead, hit the seven, and dealt with a potentially long putt.

What's in the bag:
52* - Cleveland CBX
Putter - Ping Craz-e
Ball -  Titleist AVX
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I'm not seeing much distance loss on off-center shots. It's much better than with my old Mizunos. My big fear was the crazy-long one when you flush it, and I really haven't seen that yet. My big problem is trusting the new distances. 200 yards is an awfully long six iron, but it's a power bat (like the four and five irons). So I take the numbers on the bottom of the clubs with a grain of salt. 200 used to be a hybrid for me.

The other night, I had 195 to a back pin, and I just couldn't bring myself to hit a seven. So I hit the six, I hit it 200 yards, and it caught the downslope behind the green and took off. Again, I should have known that long is dead, hit the seven, and dealt with a potentially long putt.

That sure is a long way. Your distance for your old 6 iron was showing 185 from the intro, but thats the same as your 5 iron...Soo does that mean these clubs have given you around a 15-20 yard distance gain? Thats almost scary if true...

RH:

#cobraconnect19

That sure is a long way. Your distance for your old 6 iron was showing 185 from the intro, but thats the same as your 5 iron...Soo does that mean these clubs have given you around a 15-20 yard distance gain? Thats almost scary if true...

At the top of the bag, it's about a 15 yard gain. Closer to 10 as the clubs get shorter.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in the bag:
52* - Cleveland CBX
Putter - Ping Craz-e
Ball -  Titleist AVX
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

How did you get the yardage did you go to the range or launch monitor to get them down or are you still figuring it out. With the new gains in distance are you seeing problems at the bottom end of your set with gapping?

Bryson DeChambeau

At the top of the bag, it's about a 15 yard gain. Closer to 10 as the clubs get shorter.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Holy Bankruptcy Batman I need a new set of F8's like yesterday. 

RH:

#cobraconnect19

Archived