Mid-Atlantic: NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

How long have you been playing golf? I’ve been playing golf since I was around 10. My grandfather would take me a 9-hole course that hand sand greens and everything was cut one height. It was $4 to play and most of the time that was on a honor system.

What’s your handicap or normal score? I got down to a 7 handicap, I’ve grown my family over past few years so my golf has taken a backseat to my priority and I currently have an 11 handicap.

What do you love about golf? The competition against myself and knowing I can always do something better.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I think I originally got on for the testing (never been chosen), but I am using it now as a social platform. I don’t do facebook and/or Instagram and right now I’m stay at home dad so I don’t get a lot of socializing. I am a high school teacher and at home for the summer with my kids.

Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from the central Virginia area, Charlottesville being the closest city. My home course is Greene Hills.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I can’t complain about the golf in my area. Wish I had a few more courses to pick from.

What do you do for a living? I am a high school physical education teacher.

How’d you pick your user name? I went to Emory & Henry College and our mascot was the Wasps. 007 is a number that I’ve used a lot, nothing to do with James Bond.

Callaway Maverick driver, Mizuno 3-wood and irons, Cleveland wedges, TaylorMade putter. Primarily play with Oncore golf balls

Playing Bristow Manor tomorrow morning at 7 am if anyone wants to join 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

On 7/6/2024 at 10:08 AM, Wasper007 said:

How long have you been playing golf? I’ve been playing golf since I was around 10. My grandfather would take me a 9-hole course that hand sand greens and everything was cut one height. It was $4 to play and most of the time that was on a honor system.

What’s your handicap or normal score? I got down to a 7 handicap, I’ve grown my family over past few years so my golf has taken a backseat to my priority and I currently have an 11 handicap.

What do you love about golf? The competition against myself and knowing I can always do something better.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I think I originally got on for the testing (never been chosen), but I am using it now as a social platform. I don’t do facebook and/or Instagram and right now I’m stay at home dad so I don’t get a lot of socializing. I am a high school teacher and at home for the summer with my kids.

Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from the central Virginia area, Charlottesville being the closest city. My home course is Greene Hills.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I can’t complain about the golf in my area. Wish I had a few more courses to pick from.

What do you do for a living? I am a high school physical education teacher.

How’d you pick your user name? I went to Emory & Henry College and our mascot was the Wasps. 007 is a number that I’ve used a lot, nothing to do with James Bond.

Very happy to see a fellow Virginian here.

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       TSR1
  • Fairway.      635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Halo XL Hy-Wood 4+
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg                GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg                Epic Flash 3H
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png         Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png         CBX2 - 54 degree, CBX Zipcore 52 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg       Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png        Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 5:20 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Mid-Atlantic Region

New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

2. What do you love about golf?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

Hey spies! Glad to join this community!

1.) I've been playing for three years. My handicap is 26.3 and I typically score in the high 90s to low 100s. 

2.) I love that it can be both casual and competitive. It also allows me to connect with a lot of close friends and professionals in a different environment. 

3.) I've read a lot of posts on MyGolfSpy over the past two years and liked the content. 

4.) I am from Delaware. I play Deerfield weekly and I also frequent Back Creek and Patriots Glen. 

5.) I think the best thing is the number of golfers to connect with. The worst I would say is the low amount of courses in a close proximity can cause overloaded courses at peak times. 

6.) I am a Regional Customer Service Manager. 

7.) I picked the same username as my X account. 

Hey All! New to this group, new to this game. Just started playing golf this March. Never knew how infuriatingly fun it could be. You know everyone talks about "what's the shot that made you come back and play again" my answer is all of the bad ones. The ones where I top the ball and it rolls 40 yards. Or i hit it 30 yards left instead of on the green. Its similar to baseball where its a game of failure and you have to minimize the failure to get better. 

If you told me 10 years ago that id be playing golf in my 30's i would have asked what drugs you are on....Yet, here I am lol 

Driver - Calloway X-hot

Iron Set -Wilson Dynapower 5-PW 

60 Wedge - Cleveland CBX zipcore 60

Sand Wedge - Calloway Jaws 56

Hybrid - 2, 4, 5 Calloway Razer

Putter - YES C groove Putter (Wilson Infinite South Side on route) 

On 7/5/2024 at 8:32 AM, Shapotomous said:

I am not familiar with North Hills at all so I didn't comment on it.  It may be the equal of the other two i just dont know.  @funkyjudge is from the area and has played quite a few courses, he may have a review and/or suggestion for you. 

I have played Wyncote often and it is a favorite of mine.  It is a links style on most of the course where there are options to run the ball onto the green if you need to keep it low and out of the wind which is prevelent there (a couple holes aren't quite a links style set up).  The conditions have always been fantastic every time I played.  I have only played Hartfeld a few times over the years in some DWGA events with my wife but the layout is very challenging and the conditions were also fantastic the times I played.  

Wanted to follow up on this: Wynecote was fantastic. Such a beautiful property and course. 100% believe that course is easier to play the second time around, with all the blind shots. But absolutely loved that course and will be back.

Hartefeld was also great. The elevation changes and views were really enjoyable. And the club itself, particularly the outdoor patio, were wonderful.

North Hills was also really nice, but a very different course. Definitely a city course on a small property, so tight fairways and errant shots ending up on other holes. But it was a nice, challenging, very historic course. I believe it was founded in 1908 and it feels historic in a cool way. Worth playing. 

WITB

Callaway Mavrik Iron Set 5-PW,AW W/ Elevate 95 R-Flex Steel Shafts

Callaway Epic Max Star 10.5* Driver HZRDUS Smoke

Cleveland Golf 58-degree wedge

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter