Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

SCOTTISH OPEN

Shankster

Eddie Pepperell has been trending in a direction that makes me think he will close this one out. 

Saw Renaissance on the Erik Anders Lang series "Un/Official Guide to Scotland" episode #5.  The story behind it is pretty neat as well if anyone is interested.  It can be found on Youtube in the video mentioned above.

Another week with a links course unguarded! no wind, soft greens and a course design that leaves no place to guard pins for calm conditions.

I hope it blows a hooley for the Open next week

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

8 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Another week with a links course unguarded! no wind, soft greens and a course design that leaves no place to guard pins for calm conditions.

I hope it blows a hooley for the Open next week

Wouldn't  it be cool if they had sharpshooters guarding a couple of the greens?  Shooting down approaches...where ever the ball lands is where they drop and chip or putt...😁😂😅

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

20 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Better than another tree lined parkland course that gets -22 as the winning score...?

My thoughts exactly!  Renaissance may not be in my top 10 choices if I were traveling to Scotland but it's infinitely better than the garbage TPC's the PGA Tour play every week!

35 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Better than another tree lined parkland course that gets -22 as the winning score...?

6 minutes ago, sixcat said:

My thoughts exactly!  Renaissance may not be in my top 10 choices if I were traveling to Scotland but it's infinitely better than the garbage TPC's the PGA Tour play every week!

I don't disagree as I love Links golf.

You might get -22 this week at a links unless it blows.

For example, there are 4 'current' low score course record holders at the Renaissance.............all done this morning!😮

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

For example, there are 4 'current' low score course record holders at the Renaissance.............all done this morning!

Still time to grow up the fairways and make the greens run 4...

That would be a good test. Rolling putts on shag carpet.

3 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

there are 4 'current' low score course record holders at the Renaissance.............all done this morning!😮

That went up to 8 'current' record holders, then someone got -8 to beat the previous (a few hours ago) record.

Lets hope the wind picks up or they do something to protect the course.

46 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Hope someone shoots a 56 out there... emoji6.png

I've done that loads of times.............I was so excited I didnt finish the last 5 holes!😂

Well, the 8 record holders from yesterday were beaten that afternoon by a new record.

Today that new record was demolished yet again, plus one player shot -7 both days, another record.

They need to toughen this course up when the forecast is calm and warm.

On 7/11/2019 at 2:48 PM, perseveringgolfer said:

For example, there are 4 'current' low score course record holders at the Renaissance.............all done this morning!😮

well, we're at -20 after round 3, looks like -22 will be smashed.....on a links Championship course!!!!!

Don't expect that next week at The Open.