FCD6E517-A2AF-4240-A01D-77B2F1010AC2.jpeg

Our Sponsors

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to FAAB for Dummies, I’m your fearless leader @Berg Ryman, getting ready to lead you on a fun filled, hopefully informative journey through the FAAB wilderness. I know it looks intimidating to

FINAL PRE-DRAFT NOTES AND TIPS Hey everyone, it's your old pal @Berg Ryman here to leave you with some important notes and strats as we are now 36 hours away from draft night in America... or whe

Here you go with the Divisions and Drafts Picks:   Patience Pays. The end of the video has a summary if you forgot who's in your division. Just like last year, pick trading is turn

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Ready To Rock? emoji6.png

No! No rocks or sticks or anything of that nature. They've got too many injuries as is. 

• Like 1

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

How do I do a mock draft? I accidentally joined a mock draft league but can’t figure out how to do an actual mock draft?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

3 hours ago, revkev said:

How do I do a mock draft? I accidentally joined a mock draft league but can’t figure out how to do an actual mock draft?

Use sleeper.app. You can make an account and mock against a computer in about 5 minutes total. The computer uses average ADP I believe. 

I have no idea how to do a mock in fantrax though...

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

I looked around. I don't think Fantrax has mock drafts. I did a few mocks on fantasypros.com where you can toggle settings to match our league more closely. Downside is the draft is against computers but it's blazing fast. 

Yahoo has live mock drafts with real people but they always seem to take forever and customization isn't quite there. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

1 hour ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

I looked around. I don't think Fantrax has mock drafts. I did a few mocks on fantasypros.com where you can toggle settings to match our league more closely. Downside is the draft is against computers but it's blazing fast. 

Yahoo has live mock drafts with real people but they always seem to take forever and customization isn't quite there. 

this is the best and most realistic I've ever done and is used by a lot of industry guys...

https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/mock-draft

fantasypros is quick and efficient but if you want real world this is the best you'll get for free.

G410 LST | King F7 | 818 H2 | Srixon Z785 | ZipCore | Newport 3

Attention Stud Division:
36 hours and change left to trade for the #1 pick.

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

FINAL PRE-DRAFT NOTES AND TIPS

Hey everyone, it's your old pal @Berg Ryman here to leave you with some important notes and strats as we are now 36 hours away from draft night in America... or wherever you may be drafting from. Again, some of this will be old hat for the vets, some of this may be new to the rookies, but I hope everyone takes advantage of this info.

1) Click Here  to be transported to the rules page for our league. There you will find our line-up structure and our scoring structure. Know them both. I'll also drop the line-up structure here in the post.

14 roster spots, starters first

1 QB

2 RB

2 WR

1 TE

1 Flex (RB/WR/TE)

1 Kicker

1 Defense/Special Teams

5 bench players

2) The draft starts at 9:00 p.m. EST. I would arrive to the draft 15 minutes early, throw some barbs in the chat, familiarize yourself with the draft , set-up your queue, etc.

3) If you will not or can not make the time, take today and pre-rank your players. By pre-ranking you will at least not force the computer to take whichever player they feel is best. Also attached to this...

4) If you will not or can not make the draft, please go into the draft room right now on Fantrax and set up your autopick settings. To do you, enter the draft room, click on where it says "Auto-Draft off" and select your settings. If you know you are not going to be there, select Always Auto Draft and then fill your queue with players you wish to target.

Now, and this is important so I'm breaking it out here, you must choose whether or not to have the auto-draft fill active slots first, or just go in the order of your queue. For example, if you have fill active slots first, I could almost guarantee you that the computer will draft you a kicker and defense within the first 9 rounds. If you're cool with that, that's cool, but if you want to at least potentially fill your bench and get quality depth before going kicker and defense, you'll want to leave the fill active slots first box unchecked.

5) Now, some tips and strats for how to approach this draft

The Zero Strats:  So, there have been versions of the zero strats for years in FFB, but now they are classified as Zero RB and Zero WR, respectfully. The reason for these names is simple. You would eschew one of these positions early in the draft for an advantage at the other one. SO instead of bouncing back and forth between these two star positions, you heavily invest in one or the other, maybe missing stars in one, but hoping to land breakouts later on in the draft. 

The BPA: Sometimes though, you just take what falls to you, having a centralized draft strategy is nice, but it hardly ever goes to plan. You need to be able to adapt and adjust as things go and sometimes, that's just taking who you think the best player available is at the time.

The Handcuff: Say you want to invest in an oft-injured player or someone holding out, you better know who the back-up is and you may want to get them on your roster, just in case. This is called landing the handcuff to your stud. It's a valuable strategy if you own say a Todd Gurley or a Zeke Elliott this season, and it's also a good way to fill out your bench if you wanna hold a guy who might go off. Take it from a guy who nabbed James Conner ahead of the LeVeon Bell owner in a different league last year. Also, phenomenal trade bait as well.

The RBBC: The bane of all fantasy players existence, the Running Back By Committee. Some would say to avoid at all cost, some would say get the guy who fits your scoring system, some would say invest in the whole thing and work the match-ups. Your call as to how to approach the RBBC

QB Depth: You listen to most experts and everyone is talking about how deep QB is. Sadly, it never seems that way in a drafts because sometimes people prioritize this position over others when other good solid options at the other positions remain on the board. MAybe that means you can get good value by waiting on a QB and scooping up more players to try and fill the quiver of arrows, or maybe you want to invest early in a star and get an advantage there. You'll see that this goes along with my next point...

The TE Trinity: So, everyone is in agreement that Travis Kelce, George Kittle, and Zach Ertz are the top three Tight Ends, in whatever order you want to do it. People also agree that below them is a lesser trinity of Evan Engram, OJ Howard, and Hunter Henry. The problem is, the top guys are all likely gone before the middle of round 4 and the second tier is gone middle of round 6. So, you need to choose, invest early, or take a shot later with a guy who might not bring it week in-week out like these guys, but could key you a win with a good performance and the rest of your team's overall strength.

K and D's: I don't like picking them before the last two rounds, but to each his own. Remember too, our defenses get 4 points for a win, so maybe that defense that doesn't get a ton of turnovers, but you expect to win 9-11 games may just be a good call in the end.

6) HAVE FUN DRAFTING!   Seriously, draft day is Christmas morning for most fantasy players, here's hoping tomorrow night you don't get coal.

• Like 9

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 18.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

:nickent-small: Pipe

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2019)

....geez; at least make them do a little homework and research before giving the answers to the quiz !

but seriously; if you won't be able to draft do those that will be a favor and set autodraft on otherwise we have to wait for the timer to expire every time you have a pick and it drags it out unnecessarily (kinda like slow play HAHA!)

• Like 4

G410 LST | King F7 | 818 H2 | Srixon Z785 | ZipCore | Newport 3

Thanks guys on the mock draft advice - I know how to do them on other sites - it would have been nice to have a crack at the Fantrax system - that's what I was looking for - Every draft site has different ADP values so I like to familiarize myself with where I might find the players that I'm looking for (I had to auto draft last year for this league.)

Good luck tomorrow night and see you in the draft room.

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Hey Berg, thank you for the pre -draft info.  I will not be able to attend so I set up auto darft.  I can only que or "target" 40 players.  Once those 40 are exhausted by myself and others will the auto draft continue to draft for me or am I missing something?

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-G

:cleveland-small: - CBX 52 and 56

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

4 hours ago, Wedgie said:

Hey Berg, thank you for the pre -draft info.  I will not be able to attend so I set up auto darft.  I can only que or "target" 40 players.  Once those 40 are exhausted by myself and others will the auto draft continue to draft for me or am I missing something?

I fear you may have done it incorrectly. Making a list in the draft room doesn't do anything for you. I think this is where people went wrong for last year's draft and the golf draft as well. 

It's gotta be done in your pre rankings which are unlimited according to the textA83E35CA-2B36-4725-B525-7E208AE82171.jpeg

• Like 2

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

4 hours ago, Wedgie said:

So yes, but to cover yourself I'd also do what Stud is suggesting as well

• Like 1

I fear you may have done it incorrectly. Making a list in the draft room doesn't do anything for you. I think this is where people went wrong for last year's draft and the golf draft as well. 
It's gotta be done in your pre rankings which are unlimited according to the textA83E35CA-2B36-4725-B525-7E208AE82171.thumb.jpeg.baf7e00414c5ae590dcc18745c69e933.jpeg

Boom! Done suckers! See you in hell!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Oh...and thanks for the tips.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

T-minus 12 hours and counting. Whose excited besides me? 

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

I am going to have to set up a fantastic pre-draft ranking. Unfortunately we just transferred my kids to a new school district and they're having a "start of school pep rally" tonight. Ugh.

• :tour-edge: EXS Driver
  • :cobra-small: King F8 3w
  • :titelist-small: 818 H1 Hybrid
  • :nike-small:VR-S Forged 5-PW
  • :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP 56*
  • :wilson_staff_small: Infinite Lake Shore

For all of you dreading the preranking process, I preranked my team to go to a Sawyer Brown concert last year with my family and my girlfriend, and I rode it to the semi-finals last year. It can be done.

• Like 2

I have auto-draft turned on, I have a meeting that ends at 9 but I probably won't be home until it's time to draft sleepers. Fingers crossed for a decent draft. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Big Bertha Mini (the :wilson_staff_small:  D7 is in time out)
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

21 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

It's gotta be done in your pre rankings which are unlimited according to the textA83E35CA-2B36-4725-B525-7E208AE82171.jpeg

Yeah, its a good idea to set your pre-draft rankings if you're not going to be in the draft.   As you can see Kyler Murray is ranked 8 by Fantrax?  Or.... is that Stud's rankings???

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:odyssey-small: Sabertooth