GolfSpy MPR

2019 Maxfli Tour and Tour X Golf Balls

Our Sponsors

I recently purchased a dozen each of the Tour and Tour-X. I started at the top of this subject and started reading about the balls. To save time I honed in on Rev's comments as we're similar age and playing ability. After getting through about 6 pages where I read Rev's comments I skipped the rest as I am probably already convinced that the Tour will be a better choice for me also. This weekend I'll be playing at least 2 rounds so I may play the Tour one round and the X another and just see. Anyway... they sound like good balls.

• Like 3

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

8 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

I recently purchased a dozen each of the Tour and Tour-X. I started at the top of this subject and started reading about the balls. To save time I honed in on Rev's comments as we're similar age and playing ability. After getting through about 6 pages where I read Rev's comments I skipped the rest as I am probably already convinced that the Tour will be a better choice for me also. This weekend I'll be playing at least 2 rounds so I may play the Tour one round and the X another and just see. Anyway... they sound like good balls.

+1 ... I did the exact same... but didn't buy the X.  Beyond Rev there were also a number of other guys that preferred the Tour vs the X.  Seemed to be the most popular anyway.  Even though it's supposed to be mid to low 40's I'm hoping to be able to get out on Monday and give them a try.

• Like 3

StrokerAce
:cobra-small:  Speedzone Xtreme 
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:titelist-small:  816 H1 21 Diamana red
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 4-A KBS tour 120 
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:cleveland-small: S.O.F.T. #1
--------------------------
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
:Arccos: Stat tracking

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

With the Matte Green on for 17.98 yesterday I thought about giving 3 dozen a try... But with just buying a bunch of last year's Bridgestone Tour BX I couldn't justify it

• Like 1

In my bag:

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9* Project X Smoke Green 60 6.5

Wood: :cobra-small: Speedzone Big Tour 13.5* Project X Smoke Yellow 70 6.5

Hybrids: :755178188_TourEdge: CB Pro U 17* Mitsubishi Kura Kage Silver 90X

Irons: :cobra-small: King Forged CB/MB 3-PW Modus Tour 120X

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM 52* and 58* Modus Tour 130 Wedge 

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

The tour is a good ball -from what I saw the x only performs for guys with very high SS. The tour is a great value IMO

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

I've been playing the Maxfli Tour ball for awhile now...well, since last year's MSG Ball Testing.  I have a bit of nostalgia for the brand since I played the Maxfli Blue Max back when I started playing golf.  Tells you about how old I am (76) haha.  I have to say this is one of the most underrated balls on the market, especially when you consider you can pick them up for as low as $17.50/doz. if you're patient and wait for Dick's BOGO sales.  I mean where can you find a urethane golf ball for that price, and the ball's performance is as good as any I've played

• Like 3

Interesting video from the guys at TXG dropped today. Numbers look great with the Maxfli, I was just not a fan of the overall feel during our ball test. Solid ball though!

• Like 4

P790s/M5 Driver/F9 3wood/F9 hybrid/MG2 wedges/Ardmore putter

4 hours ago, jddaigneault said:

Interesting video from the guys at TXG dropped today. Numbers look great with the Maxfli, I was just not a fan of the overall feel during our ball test. Solid ball though!

I saw that as well. I am still playing this ball since the testing and am playing some of my best golf ever. I'm hoping this video doesn't drive up demand since they are so easy to get on the cheap! 

• Like 5

My bag is a revolving door!

I saw that as well. I am still playing this ball since the testing and am playing some of my best golf ever. I'm hoping this video doesn't drive up demand since they are so easy to get on the cheap! 

That was my concern!! They perform very very well given the price!!

• Like 2

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero (8.5* HZRDUS Smoke Shaft)

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies 2 (15*) 

5-Wood:  :adams-small: Tight Lies 2 (19*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 5-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR or a :srixon-small: Z-Star

Currently deciding between :Arccos:  and the :ShotScope:  V3

I agree that the Tour is a great ball at a tremendous price point.

My swing prefers the Pro VIx though and I was significantly longer with that ball than the Tour.

The Maxfli Tour x only seemed to work for our fastest swingers.

• Like 1

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

I agree that the Tour is a great ball at a tremendous price point.

My swing prefers the Pro VIx though and I was significantly longer with that ball than the Tour.

The Maxfli Tour x only seemed to work for our fastest swingers.

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

36 minutes ago, revkev said:

My swing prefers the Pro VIx

... I don't know what my swing prefers Rev. Probably some rest. LOL

• Like 4

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

On 6/19/2020 at 12:51 PM, jddaigneault said:

Dicks had some even better sale prices on the Maxfli Tour & Tour X but haven't seen those offered recently ... maybe the word is getting out and moving price up?

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

... I don't know what my swing prefers Rev. Probably some rest. LOL

:)

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

I've been playing some Maxfli Tours recently and I reeeally like it. I've never been very stingy about playing a single model, so I've hit quite a few. Bit of a jack of all trades and expert in none when it comes to familiarity to any specific ball, but the Tour actually kinda reminds me of a Bridgestone. When I'm in need for another dozen I think I'm gonna give the Tour-X a go. But I think the Tour might be my new gamer!

• Like 3

Right Handed

Driver (9.5°): :taylormade-small: R9 SupterTri (Fujikura MotoreF1 65 Stiff shaft)

FW (15°): :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft)

Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons (PW-3) :ping-small: Eye 2's

Wedges (52° & 60°): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2's

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour

I've been playing some Maxfli Tours recently and I reeeally like it. I've never been very stingy about playing a single model, so I've hit quite a few. Bit of a jack of all trades and expert in none when it comes to familiarity to any specific ball, but the Tour actually kinda reminds me of a Bridgestone. When I'm in need for another dozen I think I'm gonna give the Tour-X a go. But I think the Tour might be my new gamer!

Unless you have a very high driver swing speed I would avoid the x and by an extra box of the regular Tour. Only the guys with tour like swing speeds did well with the x.

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Hi,

I found a Maxfli Tour CG the other day and thought I would give it a try. I've been playing ProV 1 for the last few months, but after playing 2 rounds with the Maxfli Tour CG I think I'm hooked. I gain 10 to 15 yards off the Tee and they have a great feel off my irons and hybrids. I would recommend this ball to anyone in the 12-20 handicap with a average swing speed.

Thanks

MikeB21

Edited by MikeB21
name