fixyurdivot

Kirk Triplett Hat

I like the PING logo hat Kirk has been sporting of late, but I'll be dang if I can find a source. The design of this hat is different than many soft wide brims and I think I could make it work.  I wish I could reach out to Kirk and ask him.  Perhaps they are specially made for him by PING?  I've seen him wear the white, tan, and black.  

See the source image

See the source image

• Like 2

Maybe if we can get enough of us on here to request one, we could get PING to make some?!

Not sure if I would wear one, but I’ll cast a vote in favor for them to bring them to retail.

• Like 2

Did some searches,  seems to be a tour only item based on what they tell people when the contact Ping.   it is called a Boonie hat;   if you were more brand agnostic,  I found one with a Titleist logo.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Maybe if we can get enough of us on here to request one, we could get PING to make some?!

Not sure if I would wear one, but I’ll cast a vote in favor for them to bring them to retail.

One would think they would offer them to the open market.  I'm kind of surprised I cannot find it.  With growing emphasis on protecting our largest organ from the sun, it would seem a great market.  Almost as good would be this hat offered with the MGS logo 👍.  

• Like 2

Just now, cnosil said:

Did some searches,  seems to be a tour only item based on what they tell people when the contact Ping.   it is called a Boonie hat;   if you were more brand agnostic,  I found one with a Titleist logo.   

I've seen a couple "boonie" hats with other logos (even PING), but not the same shape. 

• Like 1

Tilley makes a nice hat which serves this purpose. I have one. It is great. Packs well. Washable. Looks good. 

• Like 3

Tilley makes a nice hat which serves this purpose. I have one. It is great. Packs well. Washable. Looks good. 

Tilley are great hats and very similar but not the same as Triplets. I have 2 Tilleys original hats and 2 that are Tilley knockoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Tilley are great hats and very similar but not the same as Triplets. I have 2 Tilleys original hats and 2 that are Tilley knockoffs.

Oddly enough I found the Tilley hats while looking for the “Triplett” hat. Still haven’t seen one in the wild.

• Like 2

I'm surprised that these hats aren't more popular in the US. My dermatologist says that the tops of the ears are a critical area since people often forget to put sunscreen on them. And since most golfers use baseball caps it makes for a common skin cancer area.  

• Like 2

I'm surprised that these hats aren't more popular in the US. My dermatologist says that the tops of the ears are a critical area since people often forget to put sunscreen on them. And since most golfers use baseball caps it makes for a common skin cancer area.  

I never considered a hat of this style until we moved to FL and SWMBO kinda “suggested” I get one. Sun is on you 11 1/2 months of the year.

I use a a Tilley hemp hat. Love how it feels, but don’t like the floppy brim. Does anyone know it this one has a stiffer brim?

• Like 1

If you want a similar hat with a stiff brim, here’s your answer - brim is rock solid in front. I have one and it’s outstanding for golf, boating, and many other activities. Several styles, colors and sizes - I have a Sand Dune (light tan) Seahawk. Expensive but less than a Tilley (I used to have a Tilley, the Shelta is far better for active outdoors IME).

https://www.sheltahats.com

DA6462C9-11D3-4050-90A6-5D67D4EE7AE8.jpeg

Edited by Middler
  • Like 2

If you want a similar hat with a stiff brim, here’s your answer - brim is rock solid in front. I have one and it’s outstanding for golf, boating, and many other activities. Several styles, colors and sizes - I have a Sand Dune (light tan) Seahawk. Expensive but less than a Tilley.
https://www.sheltahats.com

DA6462C9-11D3-4050-90A6-5D67D4EE7AE8.thumb.jpeg.5aa88fa57fb34d421fd86f1193017a42.jpeg

I’ve seen them advertised and look good.

I use a a Tilley hemp hat. Love how it feels, but don’t like the floppy brim. Does anyone know it this one has a stiffer brim?

Tilley has a ton of hats available. Theres a store nearby that stock Tilleys and they many different styles. Some brims are stiffer, smaller, bigger etc.

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Tilley has a ton of hats available. Theres a store nearby that stock Tilleys and they many different styles. Some brims are stiffer, smaller, bigger etc.

Having owned both including two Tilleys, there’s no comparison between a Shelta vs a Tilley if you want a brim that won’t flop in your face no matter what (wind or other). The Shelta is far superior.

Edited by Middler

Now if we can only find the elusive Triplett Ping hat

Interestingly I was watching the Bermuda Tour today and one of the caddies had a Kirk hat with a Valspar logo on it. Prior to this thread I didn't pay much attention to the different hats.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Joel Dahmen wear a similar hat.  He is a cancer survivor, and I believe he wears an Imperial hat.

HAT.thumb.jpeg.8af362d9ce39c063e395f343eb144f4d.jpeg

Here's the link...

https://www.imperialsports.com/product/wssea-seabird-sport-sun-protection-hat/

• Like 2

All I wear are bucket hats..I"m a bit of a connissuer.  I have a couple favorites...the one I got from Bettinardi (which is made by imperial), a UA Cold Black and one from William Murray Golf.....they are comfortable and great for golf

• Like 1