JohnSmalls

Alex Rodriguez has some eclectic equipment tastes

Our Sponsors

You beat me to this by a couple minutes.  What an eclectic setup... 🤣

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MGoBlue100 said:

You beat me to this by a couple minutes.  What an eclectic setup... 🤣

Eclectic is about the nicest possible word you could use. This is the setup your uncle who plays once a year in a company scramble has in the cobweb-covered bag in his garage. Except he doesn't have a personalized putter that likely has a negative MOI 🙂

• Haha 2

Thats awesome! I love this. That is a very REAL set of clubs right there. Im sure Callaway or TM gave him some free ones to promote but its cool to see that even Mega-millionaires can have Joe-Shmo bags. 

How was his swing and game?

Would the ERC II even outdrive any current drivers now anyway??

• Like 3

what in the ??? 

this is something you pull out of a dumpster.  this has to be a joke.  someone get Bob Parsons on the line.... STAT!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

what in the ??? 

this is something you pull out of a dumpster.  this has to be a joke.  someone get Bob Parsons on the line.... STAT!

He can have my clubs..and probably still swing them better than me  😂

How about the 8 iron still with the plastic on the face??  What kind of sorcery is this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Whatever else one might say about his postseason performance, I don't think anyone can accuse him of cutting his season short in order to get a tee time.

• Like 5

Gaa, I've seen better bags at the local muni lost & found.   I will take a shot here and say the ERC non-conforming is non-too-surprising.  In all honestly I think I'd rather see him use a bat of a tall tee though than an ERC.  Looking at his set-up what's he really got to lose  🙂

That guy ought to be ashamed of himself. He could at least have sprung for a nice matching set of Kro-Flights. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Okay, maybe this is the Mets fan in me coming out, but what kind of moron decides he’s going to show up at Riviera with a bag like that?

Cmon man, you’re worth about half a billion. If you’re going to go there to play, at least act like you give damn.

Thanks, I’m done yelling at clouds now! 😜

1 hour ago, Grand Stranded said:

Okay, maybe this is the Mets fan in me coming out, but what kind of moron decides he’s going to show up at Riviera with a bag like that?

Cmon man, you’re worth about half a billion. If you’re going to go there to play, at least act like you give damn.

Thanks, I’m done yelling at clouds now! 😜

Apparently there was issues with his clubs in transit. He then asked one of his assistants go into his garage to grab one of his older sets of and this was the first bag the assistant saw, got it and it sent to LA. 

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Apparently there was issues with his clubs in transit. He then asked one of his assistants go into his garage to grab one of his older sets of and this was the first bag he sawdust and got it sent to LA. 

That's pretty funny, because after I posted, I thought to myself it was probably a case of someone shipping him the wrong bag.

I'm glad you cleared that up. I've come to like the guy. He's really good as an analyst, and though it pains me to admit, he was a pretty good ball player.

It's still kind of weird a guy like him would keep stuff like that lying around though. I mean jeez Alex, have someone clean out that garage for you... call up the First Tee, LOL

On 2/11/2020 at 9:49 AM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

this has to be a joke.

My initial thought as well... maybe Tiger and others hijacked his custom PXG's and threw this in the cart right after they teed off.  But if the dates on this are correct, it could very well be that he was fitted to his current sticks... by a Goodwill employee. 🤣

https://www.golf.com/news/2020/02/11/breakdown-alex-rodriguez-golf-swing/

Does anyone else find it funny that he was using a non-conforming driver?  You mean ARod was cheating at a sport?!  I find that hard to believe.  haha

• Haha 1

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 10:29 AM, GolfSpy MPR said:

This is the setup your uncle who plays once a year in a company scramble has in the cobweb-covered bag in his garage.

I resemble that remark. 😎

• Haha 1