Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

checking out a country club saturday

2 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Yeah, the tee time thing is big for me. At my club, we still need to make tee times, but I consistently get the tee time I want every week. Even with the move to a new, easier online tee time system, I get my 7:10 AM Sunday tee time every time. And although I could take the 7:00 AM tee time, I know there is a group of guys that wants that tee time every week, so I give the courtesy of letting them have it even if i log in before them to book 7 days in advance.

i followed up with the pro and asked all about tee times and how busy the club is. 

he said it’s busier in the morning around 8, but times are still available. from 10-1 things are wide open. that’s huge for me, i’ve got a flexible work schedule and could get out at 10am every day if i wanted. definitely a huge plus. 

they get a lunch time crowd in, and then the evenings are open again. 

“busy” is also relative. he says they get about 120 to 130 golfers out in a day on average. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

29 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

i followed up with the pro and asked all about tee times and how busy the club is. 

he said it’s busier in the morning around 8, but times are still available. from 10-1 things are wide open. that’s huge for me, i’ve got a flexible work schedule and could get out at 10am every day if i wanted. definitely a huge plus. 

they get a lunch time crowd in, and then the evenings are open again. 

“busy” is also relative. he says they get about 120 to 130 golfers out in a day on average. 

That seems reasonable. Sounds like plenty of available tee times to get out any time you wanted. That's a big plus.  

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

On 9/27/2020 at 8:18 AM, Chip Strokes said:

update for you guys who were nice enough to point me in the right direction:

1. the course was gorgeous. it was hard to remember you were in the middle of queens, NY while you were out there. it was tree lined, well kept, and had a bunch of challenging dog legs and elevated tees and greens. also, the course was completely empty at 2:30 on a beautiful saturday afternoon.  we had the place to ourselves  

2. it’s carts only because a large portion of the membership is older and the course is pretty hilly with some long stretches between the last green and next tee. given the option a lot of the older members elect to walk, which the head pro said slowed things down to an unbearable pace on the weekends, so they took the option away and make it carts only  

3. it’s $4300 for the year. if i join now, i get the rest of this year and all of next year for that price. bag storage is $370. i’m unsure if i’d use that service. for your $4300 you get unlimited golf (they don’t hold outside events), plus access to the pool, gym, movie theater, tennis courts, basketball courts, and a discount at the pro shop. there are no minimums as far as dining or anything else.  there’s a nice dining room/bar and outdoor patio next to the course, but no obligation to spend a certain amount with them  

4.  since it’s a condo complex with a golf course, assessments are shouldered by residents and not charged to golf members. 

5. guests are $42 for 9 holes and $78 for 18 holes. that’s a little steep but it’s still about $20 cheaper than a round at the local public course on the weekend. 

6.  one downside is there’s no driving range. there’s a great short game practice area wirh places to chip and a few large bunkers around a large putting green, but the only place to really warm your swing up is in two nets. 

7. it’s 20 minutes closer to my house than the course i currently play. getting out on my current course runs about $100 per round on average, so the break even point is between 40 and 50 rounds of golf.  if i play that many, then it’s worth it  

i’m gonna call tomorrow and have my last few questions answered. first: if i join id like to know if that gets my wife and son access to the pool. if so, that value just skyrocketed. second: can i pay my cart fees annually? the cart fees don’t bother me one bit, but if i can make a lump sum payment i’d rather do that. third: tournament schedule and how that works for members. i’d like to play some competitive golf

i appreciate all the input you guys gave me. i went in with much better questions than i would have without your help. 

Sounds great. I'd be sure to check out if there are many other members in your age bracket. If the course has a ton of older membership this could create two issues, the first being there aren't many people you may want to play with, and they could be 5-10 years away from falling a huge lack of members due to members stopping golfing. That could increase your costs. I would think because the course was wide open at 2:30 on a Saturday this could be an issue (old guys like early morning play generally). 

This happened to a course near me and they have been very aggressive with membership drives because of it, having to resort to hosting lots of tournaments and even some *gulp* public play. 

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

Just now, newballcoach said:

Sounds great. I'd be sure to check out if there are many other members in your age bracket. If the course has a ton of older membership this could create two issues, the first being there aren't many people you may want to play with, and they could be 5-10 years away from falling a huge lack of members due to members stopping golfing. That could increase your costs. I would think because the course was wide open at 2:30 on a Saturday this could be an issue (old guys like early morning play generally). 

This happened to a course near me and they have been very aggressive with membership drives because of it, having to resort to hosting lots of tournaments and even some *gulp* public play. 

it’s an older community, but the golf membership is split 50/50 between community members and outside members. 

the costs have been stable for a long time, and there’s no plans to raise them. no assessments or minimums either. 

the pro said he’s been signing a good amount of younger members up, though i really don’t care who i play with. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

it’s an older community, but the golf membership is split 50/50 between community members and outside members. 
the costs have been stable for a long time, and there’s no plans to raise them. no assessments or minimums either. 
the pro said he’s been signing a good amount of younger members up, though i really don’t care who i play with. 

When I 1st started playing it was mostly w older guys, mostly retirees. They were a blast to play with and very patient. They got antsy in last hole when the Budweiser sign came into view at the Grill Room.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Well....are you now a proud member of a CC?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list