Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Where to get a club fitting in Wisconsin?

MayorTito

Between MGS and YouTube I'm really turning into a gear nut.  It seems that every article and every video I watch mentions one should get "a fitting".  I'm all for it because even though my game has vastly improved this year,  I just don't think I am maximizing distance with my irons.  No issues with height and stopping ability on the green.  If there is an issue, it's that my ball is too high therefore sacrificing distance    

So, I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations on where to get fit southern Wisconsin?  I live in Madison but am willing to go to Milwaukee or to northern Illinois.  There is a GolfTec in Madison.  Club Champion and Golf Galaxy in Milwaukee area.  

I'd like an agnostic fitter since I don't want to feel like I'm going to be steered toward a particular brand.  Would also like to try to try as many brands as possible that would fit my swing characteristics.  Also, like to think that if my current club heads will work and I just need new shafts that that would be an option too. I am willing to buy new irons and certainly have some setups I'd like to try but am completely leaving this open ended with trying to get the best setup for me for the money I'm willing to spend.

Any recommendations, "beware of" comments are much appreciated.  I've read some reviews by people who have been disappointed in their fittings so I'm trying to avoid the same result.   I'm really looking forward to getting fit,  working on my swing and conditioning this winter, then come out next year to push for a single digit handicap.      

Cobra Speedzone 9* Hazardous Smoke Stiff

Cobra Speedzone 3 Wood Tensei Blue Stiff

Cobra F9 3 19* Hybrid

Ping 425 4 22* Hybrid

Mizuno JPX923 Hot Metal Pro 5-GW

Taylor Made MG3 54* & 58*

Cleveland Frontline Cero Putter

I've also heard good things about Vitense, but they may lean more towards TaylorMade clubs as they are an official TM Player Development facility.

If you time it right The Oaks golf course in Cottage Grove has large outdoor fitting days where they get multiple manufacturers on their driving range.  They do fittings year round but I'm not sure how robust their day-to-day offerings are.

Club Champion in Brookfield is rock solid.  With CC you'll just have to make it known right away what budget you are looking at so they don't slip in a $300 shaft if all you want is stock offerings.  I made the mistake of not mentioning my budget last year and before I knew it they had me hitting a $500 PXG three wood with a $300 Accra shaft.  It was a nice club but not that much different than a stock shaft in my Cobra F9.

Golftec and Golf Galaxy are hit or miss.  Their selections will not be as great but that doesn't mean you still can't have a good fitting with either of them.

Good luck!

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array F-2

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

2 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

I've also heard good things about Vitense, but they may lean more towards TaylorMade clubs as they are an official TM Player Development facility.

If you time it right The Oaks golf course in Cottage Grove has large outdoor fitting days where they get multiple manufacturers on their driving range.  They do fittings year round but I'm not sure how robust their day-to-day offerings are.

Club Champion in Brookfield is rock solid.  With CC you'll just have to make it known right away what budget you are looking at so they don't slip in a $300 shaft if all you want is stock offerings.  I made the mistake of not mentioning my budget last year and before I knew it they had me hitting a $500 PXG three wood with a $300 Accra shaft.  It was a nice club but not that much different than a stock shaft in my Cobra F9.

Golftec and Golf Galaxy are hit or miss.  Their selections will not be as great but that doesn't mean you still can't have a good fitting with either of them.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info.  I've been leaning CC simply for the amount of options but concerned with the attention to detail or getting stuck with "Joey" as my fitter who's been on the job for 3 weeks.

I'm glad you offered your opinion as we share some clubs and I see your hitting a Ventus shaft in your Cobra F9.  Love the feel of my F9 head but toying with idea of having the shaft looked at for replacement.  Also, one of my top irons of intrigue for my iron fitting are the Mizzy JPX Forged.

Thanks again.

Cobra Speedzone 9* Hazardous Smoke Stiff

Cobra Speedzone 3 Wood Tensei Blue Stiff

Cobra F9 3 19* Hybrid

Ping 425 4 22* Hybrid

Mizuno JPX923 Hot Metal Pro 5-GW

Taylor Made MG3 54* & 58*

Cleveland Frontline Cero Putter