Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

DSG Product Replacement Plan?

GolfSpy AFG

Does anyone have any experience with DSG’s product replacement plan for golf gloves?  I got hit with a pretty hard sell for it this past Thursday.  I’m normally not the type to buy protection plans, extended warranties, etc., but I bought a Nike Tour Classic glove, and for $4 got a replacement plan where supposedly I can get a new glove free if the one I bought fails or develops holes or tears under “normal wear and tear.”

Has anyone done this before?  Between rounds, practice sessions, and speed training I’m going to develop holes in this thing in 4-6 weeks…seems too good to be true but I’ve scoured the fine print and can’t see any hang ups.  I suppose I won’t really know until the moment of truth…

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

I've no  positive experience with DSG  unfortunately and, like you, am of the "this has got to have a hidden 'out' " for them buried somewhere.  Keep us updated if you don't mind?

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Ping G430 SFT 3 wood and Ping G430 HL 7 wood SR flex

Ping G430 4,5,6,7 hybrids  SR flex

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 8,9,P,G, SW irons   A Flex

Cleveland Smart Sole S wedge  A Flex

Cobra Nova putter

Lol, I used to work for DSG, that company always has kooky stuff like this. Offering warranties on things that have no business having them, like golf gloves or running shoes. Obviously these things are going to wear out before the year is over. But they (retailers in general) are betting that you (consumers in general) either forget about the warranty purchase or misplace the paperwork, if it's required. 

There's other low cost items like this that lots of businesses offer low cost protection plans on. Other things that pop into my mind are kids electronics, electric scooters, and power tools - I also worked for a hardware chain. In the case of these types of warranties there's ample opportunity for the customer to take advantage of the company, because the company doesn't require any proof of damage. Lots of times, the consumer just calls an 800 number and tells them "product X" is broke. Then a gift card is sent out for the original purchase price. There's literally no double checking or anything. There's nothing stopping a person from waiting 10 months then calling and saying the item broke and getting their money back.

I think the interesting thing would be it's if the protection covers you for the entire year from the initial purchase OR can you keep buying the plan essentially continuing to get new gloves for $4.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

45 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

I think the interesting thing would be it's if the protection covers you for the entire year from the initial purchase OR can you keep buying the plan essentially continuing to get new gloves for $4.

According to the DSG rep the plan will float to the next glove and I can keep getting it replaced into perpetuity.  Sounds waaaay too good to be true, but it was only $4…worth a trial.  I’ll update this thread in a month!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1: