Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Printed Yardage Books

19 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Planning to experiment with something new (for me) this year: carrying a printed yardage book.

I have a couple of goals/reasons for it:

• I need my wedge distance chart; this is a good place to keep it. I'll probably putt my club-gapping numbers in a chart as well, although I don't tend to forget those.
  • I want to play with mapping the greens on my home course. No commercially-available green books have maps for us, which is unsurprising.
  • I had a really cool Zoom chat with Lou Stagner, going hole-by-hole through my course and mapping out the best strategy for me. I want to make those notes to reference during the round.

Anyone else here carry a hard-copy yardage book? If so, have you found it useful? Or does it end up being like using iron headcovers? 🙂

I don't use one at my home course, however I have mapped everything so I have that knowledge in my head. When I play tournaments I always have the DECADE yardage book with me. Usage comes and goes and I should rely on it more than I do during events, if for nothing else to just reinforce the info.

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

6 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

...if for nothing else to just reinforce the info.

This is, for me, the biggest anticipated benefit.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

[HONESTY HOUR DISCLOSURE: there is also a bit of Tour Sauce factor here, right?]

Full WITB with pictures

I have not since all my info is electronic using with the GHIN app for course and green views. Plus using shotscope on courses I play often, I have a good idea of clubs to use and where I typically place or need to place my shots. 

I assume you've tried GTC for printed info? https://www.gotocaddie.com/product-page/order-a-3d-yardage-book

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

12 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I assume you've tried GTC for printed info? https://www.gotocaddie.com/product-page/order-a-3d-yardage-book

A bit out of the price range I'm looking at for this experiment.

I had a gift subscription to DECADE, so I have the PDF of that book for my home course. And I pulled the trigger on the PuttView book (with another coupon code).

No one has an official mapping of our greens, which isn't surprising. Kicking around making mine using one of the "bubble level" apps you can get for a phone, along with dropping balls at different parts of the green. The USGA limits right now are on book and scale size. The prohibition of information from mechanical tools (like a level) is currently only a local rule option for the PGA Tour, so (as I understand it) is not a violation for normal play.

Full WITB with pictures

1 hour ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

A bit out of the price range I'm looking at for this experiment.

I had a gift subscription to DECADE, so I have the PDF of that book for my home course. And I pulled the trigger on the PuttView book (with another coupon code).

No one has an official mapping of our greens, which isn't surprising. Kicking around making mine using one of the "bubble level" apps you can get for a phone, along with dropping balls at different parts of the green. The USGA limits right now are on book and scale size. The prohibition of information from mechanical tools (like a level) is currently only a local rule option for the PGA Tour, so (as I understand it) is not a violation for normal play.

It costs a few dollars more, but I think you'll get better accuracy using a digital level in the 10" to 12" range.  This is the one I got to help train myself with Aimpoint:

https://www.amazon.com/Husky-10-Digital-Level/dp/B015NE6R4A/ref=sr_1_8?gclid=Cj0KCQjwjN-SBhCkARIsACsrBz5ETzGludXjwfkh7NsvVUYpT_qtAZEGBN7nQ2gmZqDoWA1F8nZy85IaAnmtEALw_wcB&hvadid=410033536790&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9059749&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=2747321063045048043&hvtargid=kwd-384578537210&hydadcr=8769_11537986&keywords=10+digital+level&qid=1649959836&sr=8-8

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I was debating on doing this. Has anyone ordered printed yardage books from https://store.golflogix.com/collections/US_massachusetts?sort_by=title-ascending&utm_source=2021 Green Books Home Page - Slide 1 - Shop Now&utm_medium=2021 Green Books Home Page - Slide 1 - Shop Now&utm_campaign=2021 Green Books Home Page - Slide 1 - Shop Now

Was looking at doing this specifically for tournaments where I am not familiar with the course.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

23 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

It costs a few dollars more, but I think you'll get better accuracy using a digital level in the 10" to 12" range.

Definitely on my radar. I'm going to play with the phone version first just to see if it's at all adequate, and then I'll consider upgrading.

Full WITB with pictures

22 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I was debating on doing this. Has anyone ordered printed yardage books from https://store.golflogix.com/collections/US_massachusetts?sort_by=title-ascending&utm_source=2021 Green Books Home Page - Slide 1 - Shop Now&utm_medium=2021 Green Books Home Page - Slide 1 - Shop Now&utm_campaign=2021 Green Books Home Page - Slide 1 - Shop Now

Was looking at doing this specifically for tournaments where I am not familiar with the course.

The prices seem pretty reasonable, I remember looking at the Strakaline books a few years ago, and it was $75 or $80 for a book with the green info.  I just looked, and they're competitive with the Golflogix books.  Its hard to tell, but the format of the Straka books looks a little better for the tee-to-green layouts.  But I've never even seen one of these, let alone ordered one.  I'll often buy a book in the pro shop if I'm playing a course for the first time, more as a memento than anything else, but those rarely have any detailed green contours.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

2 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

The prices seem pretty reasonable, I remember looking at the Strakaline books a few years ago, and it was $75 or $80 for a book with the green info.  I just looked, and they're competitive with the Golflogix books.  Its hard to tell, but the format of the Straka books looks a little better for the tee-to-green layouts.  But I've never even seen one of these, let alone ordered one.  I'll often buy a book in the pro shop if I'm playing a course for the first time, more as a memento than anything else, but those rarely have any detailed green contours.

YEs I actually collect the yardage books from courses. Use them when I play there but they are definitely more of a memento and really the only thing useful greens wise is the depth IMO. A lot of places locally are not doing them anymore either which is unfortunate. 

These would really just be one offs for somewhere I know I am going to play competitively. Some decent reviews out there with pictures and they seem legitimate. May give one a whirl. Seems like @GolfSpy MPRis looking to plot his own. 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

YEs I actually collect the yardage books from courses. Use them when I play there but they are definitely more of a memento and really the only thing useful greens wise is the depth IMO. A lot of places locally are not doing them anymore either which is unfortunate. 

These would really just be one offs for somewhere I know I am going to play competitively. Some decent reviews out there with pictures and they seem legitimate. May give one a whirl. Seems like @GolfSpy MPRis looking to plot his own. 

I did my own yardage book a while back for my home course, I think I've posted a sample hole in MGS somewhere.  I didn't do detailed green mapping, but I definitely noted significant features, ridges and knobs and tiers, with distances to the front.  

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Seems like @GolfSpy MPRis looking to plot his own. 

Unless the one I bought from PuttView (mentioned above) blows me away, my intent is to scan all the pages immediately when I get it. Then I will combine the aspects of PuttView with those from the DECADE images I like best, and then print the thing in a format that fits the yardage book cover I got.

Full WITB with pictures

Planning to experiment with something new (for me) this year: carrying a printed yardage book.

I have a couple of goals/reasons for it:

• I need my wedge distance chart; this is a good place to keep it. I'll probably putt my club-gapping numbers in a chart as well, although I don't tend to forget those.
  • I want to play with mapping the greens on my home course. No commercially-available green books have maps for us, which is unsurprising.
  • I had a really cool Zoom chat with Lou Stagner, going hole-by-hole through my course and mapping out the best strategy for me. I want to make those notes to reference during the round.

Anyone else here carry a hard-copy yardage book? If so, have you found it useful? Or does it end up being like using iron headcovers? 🙂

I intend to start doing it more religiously this year…I started a bit last year at my home course and saw some benefits.  I just upgraded to DECADE Elite so I plan to get plenty of use out of the yardage books.

Curious, how did you get a one-on-one course review with Lou Stagner?!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Have you tried the GHIN GPS app? There's an added subscription fee of mid $30. for the greens view which also includes a greens heat map. That subscription covers any course which is in their system. I would have taken a pic - but you're not allowed to take a screen shot (I tried once and got my hand slapped). 

Edit: here's an article on the added capability of the App. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikmatuszewski/2021/08/03/usga-adds-gps-green-reading-tech-to-golf-handicapping-app/?sh=29ea08516746

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

6 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Have you tried the GHIN GPS app? There's an added subscription fee of mid $30. for the greens view which also includes a greens heat map. That subscription covers any course which is in their system. I would have taken a pic - but you're not allowed to take a screen shot (I tried once and got my hand slapped). 

Edit: here's an article on the added capability of the App. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikmatuszewski/2021/08/03/usga-adds-gps-green-reading-tech-to-golf-handicapping-app/?sh=29ea08516746

I have just really been a fan of paper the past year. Its nice to be away from the phone for those few hours. I know it will be more expensive this way but I am not buying a ton of them.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 hour ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Curious, how did you get a one-on-one course review with Lou Stagner?!

Last year, he asked for volunteers to participate in a new podcast he was starting. He was looking for a mid-handicap player to receive a whole bunch of coaching and the podcast would chronicle the improvement. I was a finalist, but wasn't chosen, so this was my consolation prize (which was a pretty generous offer, I think).

Full WITB with pictures

Last year, he asked for volunteers to participate in a new podcast he was starting. He was looking for a mid-handicap player to receive a whole bunch of coaching and the podcast would chronicle the improvement. I was a finalist, but wasn't chosen, so this was my consolation prize (which was a pretty generous offer, I think).

Nice.

I’m heading to Army War College for a year, and every year there is a tourney on the base course (Carlisle Barracks) where the best players from Navy and Air War College come in to compete.  I’m going to be dissecting that track for literally months trying to make sure I’m playing it “right”…

I saw Chris Nickel’s advice on Twitter…he’s right…do that, pull the yardage book for your course, and maybe you end up sticking around on Decade too.  

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

35 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I have just really been a fan of paper the past year. Its nice to be away from the phone for those few hours. I know it will be more expensive this way but I am not buying a ton of them.

Ah yes I can relate - when I was working. And the benefits of retirement now my primary use of the phone is golf apps and answering texts from my wife. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I collect yardage books and love to use them than using SkyCaddie or other iOS GPS apps.  I'll even splurge and get Strakaline books for special courses.

:titelist-small: Linksmaster bag  

:titelist-small:  TSR3 11° Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6 stiff

:titelist-small:   TSi2 16.5° and 21° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 stiff 

:titelist-small:  T200 Utility Build 22° Graphite Design Tour AD 85 HY stiff

:titelist-small:  2021 T200 5-P Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff

:vokey-small:  SM9 48.10F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff52.12F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 120 stiff and 58.10S Jet Black Premium True Temper AMT Black-Black Onyx S300

Scotty Cameron   2022 Special Select Jet Set Newport 34" 350g

ArccosSig.jpg.ebcfd079607adabd46a71d6125ee2ab6.jpg P3 sensor, Caddy Smart grips, and Apple Watch

:titelist-small:  ProV1x

I have been carrying a yardage book for about 4 years, now.   I have mapped greens on several of the courses I play frequently.  I *did* purchase a commercial green book for my home course, but it only replaced one I had already made.   You can purchase a circular bubble level on Amazon (maybe $15)  that gives you the slope (1 to 3 degrees in .5 increments), and  shows you the fall line.  I started with just a reading every 3 or 4 paces across the green, and then filled in details or edited as I played and found more/better information.  I also carry a club distance chart -- 1/2, 3/4 and full shot distanced for LW up through 6 iron.   Its useful  to know how far you hit a 1/2 6 iron when you re punching out from under a tree and wondering if you will go front of green, middle, or over, for example.   I also recently started carrying a chipping matrix.   I have percentages of fly vs. roll for up to 40 paces away from the flag and for firm, regular, soft and extra soft greens.  I usually just test what club is 1/2 fly and 1/2 roll during warm up, and that gives me the best indication of the green firmness.   In play:  if you pace 27 steps from the flag to your ball, and assuming you have ample green to work with, this will give you guideline for how far to carry a PW, 9i or 8i on to the green for the appropriate roll out.   Obviously, I adjust for up and down hills (both lie and roll out).  But it's been pretty successful in the first couple of weeks of using it.  Disclosure:  I am 63 and play to around an 8 index.   I don't get that much use for the *fairway* mapping in the usual yardage books.  But then I carry a GPS watch and a laser range finder to cover that part.   

----------

PIng G410, 10.5 set at 9.5/  Cleveland 3+ Hy-wood (18*) / Titleist 915 7w / Callaway XR 4h / Tour Edge HL-4 5h / Mizuno JPX-921 Hot Metal 7i - GW / Tommy Armour 845 CB wedges (52, 56*).   Ping Sigma 2 Fetch Putter.   SkyTrak in the Garage.  

On 4/14/2022 at 2:16 PM, DaveP043 said:

That's just like the one that was recommended by my AimPoint instructor - have used mine on practice greens, not on the course (yet?).

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

On 4/14/2022 at 12:42 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

And I pulled the trigger on the PuttView book

Interesting that they sell a book *without* the green slopes .. I mean, it's even in the name PuttView ... 🤷‍♂️

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

On 4/14/2022 at 2:24 PM, Lacassem said:

So I had bought a GolfLogix printed book last year - we'd joined a new course that has 3 x 9s and I felt like it helped me 'learn my way around', check distances off the tee and to hazards, etc. The greens side of the pages offer two views - both overlaid atop topo contours and using 5 yd gridlines - one's a heat map and the other is white with smaller, closer arrows to show you the direction of the slope at all points on the green. A lot of useful info but me being me used it less and less over time...

I'd also look at the PuttView books .. similar but a little different .. to see which presentation you prefer.

Oh, PS:
We're at a different course this year but didn't buy a book for it; have been looking at both Google Earth and provisualizer.com (thx @cnosil!) to look at lines and distances off the tee - but, of course, neither of those otherwise excellent tools has golf course green mappings.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

I just received a Strakaline book for my home course yesterday. Played this morning using it and really liked the green details.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

• 4 months later...

Will need a book if visiting the new Kings Collins course LandMand. Too new for any of the GPS systems out there. And it is very detailed. Lots of advice from the architect.  If wondering about the difficulty/hole ranking - they list two for all of the holes - it is based on SE vs NW wind direction  You’ll also get a kick out of this - the Black tees are the shortest distance/forward tees and the Red tees the longest back tees.  Laughed out loud when I saw that  

1A19EB31-0C90-4CA1-887D-25B9417A375D.jpeg.393727bd09a8415e7a3f3f97f8f29d1a.jpeg

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

On 8/13/2022 at 11:35 AM, loyepe8191 said:

I'm curious to know how many books you've collected so far?

I have more than 10 Strackaline books (including my home course) and yardage books from courses that provide their own. 

:titelist-small: Linksmaster bag  

:titelist-small:  TSR3 11° Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6 stiff

:titelist-small:   TSi2 16.5° and 21° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 stiff 

:titelist-small:  T200 Utility Build 22° Graphite Design Tour AD 85 HY stiff

:titelist-small:  2021 T200 5-P Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff

:vokey-small:  SM9 48.10F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff52.12F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 120 stiff and 58.10S Jet Black Premium True Temper AMT Black-Black Onyx S300

Scotty Cameron   2022 Special Select Jet Set Newport 34" 350g

ArccosSig.jpg.ebcfd079607adabd46a71d6125ee2ab6.jpg P3 sensor, Caddy Smart grips, and Apple Watch

:titelist-small:  ProV1x

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Most the yardage books you now get from courses( which are far and few anymore) are not detailed and only gives the width of the green most of the time. I do have a few that give you the best line to take off the tee but these are local courses and i already have that knowledge. I walk most of the time and have my yardages written down and taped to my cart. I only do this because i switch clubs so often i have 4 sets of clubs all diffrent yardages. I play blades when im trying to give my opponent an advantage and i play my forgiving clubs when i wanna win. Wedges are the main reason i keep my yardages the irons dont change much i dont hit the ball far i have a short smooth swing 7 iron 145 to 155 max. But putting it all together onto my phone would probably be very helpful so please let me know how it works out. Im very intrigued.

Have thought about it - pretty much been a local knowledge person.  The courses I tend to play most often, I have developed some knowledge of how the greens play.  Conversely when I played La Cana last year in the DR, the course book provided gave some great insight into yardages in, etc.  The caddie was really good about helping read the greens and advising where to putt. 

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls.