Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

My swing video using T200 Irons

Be kind guys, my swing with a 7iron and the limitations after major tummy surgeries. Every shot is left and one reason is my irons are too upright, I've had a few lessons recently and what you see is my ave shot based on smash factor. Thoughts ?

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

• 4 weeks later...

I am no swing coach. But I can say I am envious of that left wrist at the top of your swing.  I am interested to hear what the others on the forum who are more qualified to offer analysis comments have to say.  I bet you hit your irons very consistently solid though!

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

On 5/6/2022 at 5:35 PM, Bang60 said:

Be kind guys, my swing with a 7iron and the limitations after major tummy surgeries. Every shot is left and one reason is my irons are too upright, I've had a few lessons recently and what you see is my ave shot based on smash factor. Thoughts ?

... Be kind. OK, you seem like a really nice guy? 😉  While I think there are many issues with critiquing a swing on video, especially when I can't see everything, there are a few factors I can address. 

You have a LOT of movement and that makes consistency difficult at best. Calming down your movement and shortening your swing would help.

Your takeaway is a little too far inside setting up and over the top downswing. Although you do a really good job of limiting the over the top move. 

Because of so much movement your hips and shoulders are square at impact instead of having square shoulders and open hips. This robs you of power and almost forces you to basically drag the club through impact. 

... You have a nice tempo and that is a great start! But I am reluctant to offer any solutions other than taking a lesson because how and why we do what we did can be very complicated. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I can’t offer critiques.  Chisag is much more qualified than me for that.  But I like your tempo, for someone who has ailments you seem to get through to your left side pretty well. 

Keep up the good work. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

8 hours ago, chisag said:

... Be kind. OK, you seem like a really nice guy? 😉  While I think there are many issues with critiquing a swing on video, especially when I can't see everything, there are a few factors I can address. 

You have a LOT of movement and that makes consistency difficult at best. Calming down your movement and shortening your swing would help.

Your takeaway is a little too far inside setting up and over the top downswing. Although you do a really good job of limiting the over the top move. 

Because of so much movement your hips and shoulders are square at impact instead of having square shoulders and open hips. This robs you of power and almost forces you to basically drag the club through impact. 

... You have a nice tempo and that is a great start! But I am reluctant to offer any solutions other than taking a lesson because how and why we do what we did can be very complicated. 

Well I've booked a lesson for Sunday, I've tried to shorten my swing but I'd say 60% of the time I forget which is the worst thing long term after a month in a Coma. Since I've been using the Rapsodo I'm getting reminders when I watch that video replay, so I'm working on it and improvement is slow but happening. Really appreciate your advice, I realize that you don't see all of me but I'm still trying to get more of my body in the shot. Thanks, cheers Colin

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

33 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

Well I've booked a lesson for Sunday, I've tried to shorten my swing but I'd say 60% of the time I forget which is the worst thing long term after a month in a Coma. Since I've been using the Rapsodo I'm getting reminders when I watch that video replay, so I'm working on it and improvement is slow but happening. Really appreciate your advice, I realize that you don't see all of me but I'm still trying to get more of my body in the shot. Thanks, cheers Colin

... Slow improvement but happening sounds great! Good luck with the lessons Colin and please keep us posted. 👍

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x