What Equipment Have You Tested?

GolfSpy_APH

Not so much tested, but tried a MEZZ Max Broomstick putter... It may work for some but not at all for me. 

Well aware that it would take a lot of time and new method but the weight, feel and more was not to my liking at all. 

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

Good morning ladies and gentleman. It’s a great day to have a great day. I hope everyone is soaking up the last bits of summer. I am looking into GPS watches for the course and looking to see if anyone has recommendations as to brand, usability, and other factors so I can narrow down what to buy. Appreciate you all.

Edited by drewfisher09

Driver: Titleist TSR4

3 Wood: Titleist TSR2

2-Iron: Titleist 200

4-iron - PW: T100s

SM9: 48

SM9: 52

SM9: 56

On 9/21/2024 at 12:40 PM, drewfisher09 said:

Good morning ladies and gentleman. It’s a great day to have a great day. I hope everyone is soaking up the last bits of summer. I am looking into GPS watches for the course and looking to see if anyone has recommendations as to brand, usability, and other factors so I can narrow down what to buy. Appreciate you all.

Scan through the Reviews topics...

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/forum/57-golf-product-reviews/

.. both Forum and Member reviews and you'll find a bunch of threads about different GPS devices.

Personally I have an AIM W12 that I'm pretty happy with - distances seem pretty close when compared to on course markers and range finders; plus out had several other features including a hole overview. 

Suggest to decide which features are most important to you and start there.

WITB of an "aspiring"   play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A*)
3W...Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (ProForce V2 HL 5F3)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour/Tour S. Or a found Pro V1/x.

* (current) Forum tester for the Newton Motion driver shaft (2024)
Forum tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

20231223_133657.jpg.960669f48157ee1fbafde043ef7f132a.jpg

For Sale in Classifieds: SkyTrak home launch monitor in excellent condition

None yet but I'll keep signing up until I do.  

Srixon Driver ZX5 MkII 10.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 - Stiff

Srixon 3+ fairway - 13.5* (RH Only) UST Proforce V2 HL 6 - F3(R)

Srixon 5 - fairway 18* (RH Only) UST Proforce V2 HL 6 - F3(R)

Srixon 4 - hybrid UST Proforce V2 - F3(R)

Srixon ZX4 MkII irons - 5 - AW KBS MAX 65 - Regular

Cleveland CBX Zipcore wedges 54* and 58* Aerotech SteelFiber fc90cw - Regular

Cobra Agera 3D printed putter

3 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

None yet but I'll keep signing up until I do.  

You don't go to golf stores and hit clubs to test them out or try a friends club?   This thread really isn't about things tested for the MGS forum.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

As soon as I hit reply I figured that but it was too late!

The only thing i have tried recently was a friends new Newton shaft, didn't hit it any better than my tensei blue.  I would like to try it in my Srixon, he has a Cobra driver.

I have hit the 925 HMP, it's really good! Seriously, it is. It looks bigger than my 921 from the bottom and at the ball, but it's not obtrusive and it's actually a touch smaller on specs by like .1 mm. 

So here are the numbers... like for like. My 921's with Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff against 925 with Nippon NS Pro Neo 950 Stiff. Taken with Trackman with estimated spin numbers on an AVX since they didn't have a Maxfli Tour S... despite being a golf galaxy.

921: 81.8 club, 112.9 ball, launching 16.7, spinning 5800, carry 157, total 166, decent angle 44 degrees

925: 82.4 club, 113.5 ball, launching 16.3, spinning 5800, carry 158, total 167, decent angle 43.7 degrees

So... yeah, not much improvement from the clubs but a fun one to hit. Tried 5 other shafts. The other two that stood out were KBS Tour Lite which launched the ball at 18 degrees spinning it at 6400 which were very playable results and the Recoil Dart 90 which present a slight ball speed jump to the mid 114's and felt a touch lighter obviously being graphite so maybe allows me to continue swinging hard through the round. 

So what's there to say here? Perhaps what's the pay here instead of a new set of irons is a reshaft of the 921's to graphite. I still hit them great, as evidenced by the strike patter tape being completely dead center perfect on the face tape. Think I might want to call up @McGolf and see how bad we wants to make another reshafting video! 😉

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:callaway-small: AI Smoke Max, 12*, set -1/D, Project X RDX Smoke Red 50, 6.0 Flex

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:titleist-small: Prov V1X Left Dash... for now

18 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

I have hit the 925 HMP, it's really good! Seriously, it is. It looks bigger than my 921 from the bottom and at the ball, but it's not obtrusive and it's actually a touch smaller on specs by like .1 mm. 

So here are the numbers... like for like. My 921's with Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff against 925 with Nippon NS Pro Neo 950 Stiff. Taken with Trackman with estimated spin numbers on an AVX since they didn't have a Maxfli Tour S... despite being a golf galaxy.

921: 81.8 club, 112.9 ball, launching 16.7, spinning 5800, carry 157, total 166, decent angle 44 degrees

925: 82.4 club, 113.5 ball, launching 16.3, spinning 5800, carry 158, total 167, decent angle 43.7 degrees

So... yeah, not much improvement from the clubs but a fun one to hit. Tried 5 other shafts. The other two that stood out were KBS Tour Lite which launched the ball at 18 degrees spinning it at 6400 which were very playable results and the Recoil Dart 90 which present a slight ball speed jump to the mid 114's and felt a touch lighter obviously being graphite so maybe allows me to continue swinging hard through the round. 

So what's there to say here? Perhaps what's the pay here instead of a new set of irons is a reshaft of the 921's to graphite. I still hit them great, as evidenced by the strike patter tape being completely dead center perfect on the face tape. Think I might want to call up @McGolf and see how bad we wants to make another reshafting video! 😉

Interestingly enough, I just had the conversation about the 923 model. The visual is typically because they removed the chrome accent on the bottom of the 925. 

From a pocket book point of view, Unless the club is completely off the ROI is very low to switch.  If you get the opportunity try the same NEO shaft in R.

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

10 hours ago, McGolf said:

Interestingly enough, I just had the conversation about the 923 model. The visual is typically because they removed the chrome accent on the bottom of the 925. 

From a pocket book point of view, Unless the club is completely off the ROI is very low to switch.  If you get the opportunity try the same NEO shaft in R.

Gotcha, thanks Jim! 

:callaway-small: AI Smoke Max, 12*, set -1/D, Project X RDX Smoke Red 50, 6.0 Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

• 2 weeks later...

16 surgeries over the last 4-years have resulted in multiple new body parts, including 2 new hips. Just coming back to the links and yesterday walked (pushed) 9 for the first time in 6-years. Testing out all kinds of equipment that was not around 4 years ago. Current club head speed for 7 iron = 78 mph. At 63, I am not expecting that to increase much more than another 5-7 miles per hour as I get fitter and more flexible again. I hope the below helps some others who may also be the "walking wounded"!

Balls tested: TP5, TP5X, ProV1, ProV1X, Chrome Tour and Tour X, Srixon ZStar Diamond, Vice Pro and Vice Pro Plus. Down to Vice Pro and Srixon. Both give me the flight I want, are long enough off the T, stop well enough even with 6 iron, and spin enough around the green. Price point on both are awesome. 

Clubs being tested: Irons - Sub70 699 Pro V2, Sub70 TC, PXG 311P (Gen 6), Taylor Made P Series (not the TW Model), Callaway Apex, Ping G430, Mizuno Pro 245 and 243. 

Shafts: Soooo many, but the winner so far (hands down) is the steel KBS $-Taper Light Stiff 100 PVD in Black Chrome. 

Best Results so far (6 Iron through Gap): Sub70 TC or Mizuno 243 with said shafts and either the Vice Pro or Srixon Star Diamond Ball. 

Driver: Tried so many heads and shafts - went with PXG Black Ops with a Newton 4 dot shaft. PXG Gen 6 3-wood through 7 Wood with Project X Red Hazardous shafts. 

5 Rescue: Sub 70 with Project X Red Hazardous Shaft

Wedges: Sub 70 TA Milled 54 and 58 with ProjectX 6.0.

Just for context, I was a +1.6 index before I fell apart, best round since being back is 76. I know the shaft flexes are all over the place, but those are the shafts that performed the best for me in the clubs they are in. 

Just a quick thank you to everyone who posts on this board as for over 4-years you did a great job keeping me motivated and up to date on equipment. Thank you. 

Ball: Either Vice pro or Srixon Star Diamond > Irons: Either Mizuno P243 or Sub70 TC 6 through Gap Wedge

Shafts: KBS $-Tour Lite PVD Still Black Chrome > Driver: PXG Black Ops - Newton 4 Dot

Wedges Sub70 TAIII Milled - 54 and 58 with Project X 6.0  > Fairwys: 3 - 7 wood PXG Gen 6, ProjectX Hazardous Red

5 Hybrid Sub70, ProjectX Hazardous Red > Putter: Rossie S

IMG_0765.jpeg

On 9/23/2024 at 10:16 AM, Berg Ryman said:

If clubheads are basically equal, what would you want out of your next set of shafts? Higher flight? When you hit that KBS Tour Lite shaft and the launch angle jumped, were the carry and total distance numbers similar? What about the decent angle?

golf is fun

On 9/22/2024 at 6:48 PM, Pinetree said:

As soon as I hit reply I figured that but it was too late!

The only thing i have tried recently was a friends new Newton shaft, didn't hit it any better than my tensei blue.  I would like to try it in my Srixon, he has a Cobra driver.

What dot was the Newton? I have a 4 dot with callaway adapter on the classifieds for sale. Could change out adapter. 

Have the 5 dot in my mini, 4w and gt3

Titleist GT3 11* Tensei 1k blue

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

Vokey SM9 Wedges 50* 54* 58*

DF2.1 Putter

33 minutes ago, KurtActual said:

If clubheads are basically equal, what would you want out of your next set of shafts? Higher flight? When you hit that KBS Tour Lite shaft and the launch angle jumped, were the carry and total distance numbers similar? What about the decent angle?

So, KBS Tour Lite: 83 Club, 113.5 ball speed, launch 18 spin 6437, Carry 155, Total 162, Land angle 46.6

What I mean when I say playable is that those shots exist in a realm where everything looks solid and allows me the ability to hit consistent shots that I know how they are going to fly. As far as what I'm looking for, I'm looking for something lightweight enough to keep me fresh through the round, while also feeling hittable, not swingable because I make a pretty aggressive move down through the ball, it is not silky smooth. Nippon does that, KBS does that, DG, which I tried is more swingable to my feels.

Basically I'm chasing a unicorn, but over the weekend I got to thinking that maybe we stick with what we've got unless there's something that blows the doors off in testing during winter 2025.

SIK Golf Flo-C

He originally had the 5 dot, didn't hit it bad but he sent it back and got the 4 dot.  Don't think I am going to be hitting the Srixons much longer so I am going to hold off on trying any new shafts at current time. The spin rate actually went up quite a bit with the 4 dot, think I will stick with the blue Tensei for right now.