Waste of Money

Paul Hedrick

Let's be realistic; golf is expensive.  Or at least I think it is.  We buy this or that, and hope for the best. What have you bought that turned out to be such a disappointment, and a waste of your money?

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       TSR1
  • Fairway.      635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Halo XL Hy-Wood 4+
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg                GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg                Epic Flash 3H
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png         Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png         CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg       Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png        Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

lazarus.png

That's an easy one - Eclipse training aid. I would have been better off just lighting the $$ on fire. The eclipse training aid is cheap thin plastic that probably costs less a dollar to make. I was hoping it would help my wife from swaying when she swings - but didn't work for her.  At one point I was going to write an uncomplimentary "unofficial review", but decided it wasn't worth my time. 

https://www.eclipse.golf/

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Aero tech shaft 

Got a great deal on it at $550. 😇

Driver: Taylor Made Xi10 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

Not a disappointment, but definitely a waste of money...short tees.  There's always a number of broken tees available that work for most non-driver shots.

The $5 pull cart at a garage sale probably qualifies...used it once and realized why they were selling it 😂.

My son and I have made some purchases that either we weren't ready for or don't need often enough.  He bought a Lagshot and didn't care for it but I've started using it a lot.  We'd bought a Garmin G80 last year which is great for new courses but we didn't hit many new courses this year.

We bought a divot board that was a waste of money because it doesn't work well with our current setup.

The Phigolf simulator kit was an impulse buy and a waste of money so far, but the plan for that was winter use so time will tell.

The growing collection of garage/thrift clubs in my basement is disappointing my wife!

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

I guess I am the king of Cheap SOB golf. I do have a lot of thrift store junkpile clubs. Actually this week I  am scrapping a lot of stuff. Most of my stuff I got when I worked for a Metal recycler. Some clubs I have a whopping 5 cents in. Scrap metal is up now so I will make a little bump on them. Most stuff I trade for. Good example this week I traded a M-6 driver that I did not get along with for an older Cally Gravity Core ( 2014) in pristine shape that I absolutely love. I actually got $40 to boot for the M-6. LOL the M-6 I traded a set of Izette persimmon woods for that I had 25 cents total in that were junkpile finds. Golf balls I have a plethera of having won quite a few in the shootiuts and door prizes the last few years. Gloves I am the same way. My golf I recently bought into a full membership that cost me up front. But I have unlimited free golf and cart fees and range balls. Also get reduced rates on events etc. I have had my membership some 2 months now and calculated I have saved around $1000 so far on greens and cart fees and on events. Even my Vokey wedges in my signature are a older generation or 2 but they were brand new in plastic never hit. A bud of mine is a former Titleist staffer and has a bunch of stuff. LOL those did "cost" me I traded a set of Mac Muirfields I had like $25 in. No loss on the Muirfields though I have 3 more sets including the ones in my signature. There is a methid to my madeness though. Good example--- TM Burner hybrids , drivers and FWs are dirt cheap these days. But those Rombax shafts are Fuji and are great shafts. I buy every one I see as long as they are cheap for the shafts. The NVS recently in my 3 wood after years of use split at the tip. No problem I had a Rombax from a Burner 3 wood I had $10 in and I changed it out and it hits just as good

As always I think outside the box and I guess I relish in Cheap SOB golf. Funny thing is even with the signature set I beat 90% of the guys with new expensive stuff. I can not beat everyone but I hold my own.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G