The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

3 hours ago, rkj427 said:

Good morning Spies on a wet TGIF morning here in Michigan.

Happy Birthday to @Lefty11 today! Hope your day is the best it possibly can be. 🎂

@Northern Monkey great news on the pup coming home, and hoping complete recovery time is short and smooth. 👍

I played yesterday with some retired military friends at a short course where I only take irons just for practice. More about the socializing and fun for this group.

Planned to head to Frankenmuth, MI later today for the start of their big Autofest, they start by driving and parking some cars on the main street for the evening before it really kicks-off Saturday and Sunday.

With the weather, I am unsure if I will make that drive.

Hope that your day is the best it can be, and that something fun and enjoyable is in your plans for today and the weekend. ⛳

Any plans to visit Zehnder's or the Bavarian Inn while you're in Frankenmuth? My wife and daughter loved going there when I was assigned at the Lake Orion Assembly Plant.

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

What do you try to move SBST? Hands, putter, shoulders?   How do you move your shoulders?  Vertically or horizontally?    Do you start the ball where aimed?  

I would say I start the stroke with my shoulders, moving horizontally. I have tried to keep my hands out of the putting stroke. Sometimes I start the ball where aimed, sometimes I just pull that sucker. Very rarely do I push a putt.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

6 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

I would say I start the stroke with my shoulders, moving horizontally. I have tried to keep my hands out of the putting stroke. Sometimes I start the ball where aimed, sometimes I just pull that sucker. Very rarely do I push a putt.

IMO,  and while we might be miscommunicating, the shoulders should be moving more vertical.  At setup arms hang naturally under your shoulders.   Since you power the stroke with shoulders the left shoulder drops down toward the ground until the stroke has reached its backswing length.  Then you can raise the left shoulder or drop the right to do the forward stroke.  If you were to put the outside of your hands against a wall without the putter, they just move straight back and then straight through.  

moving the shoulders horizontal means they are turning parallel to the ground.  As a result ball position becomes more critical.  Ball  slightly forward starts moving the ball left.  You probably dont push because you play ball forward of center and the face is square to closed at impact.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

9 holes this morning and I couldn’t have played worse!  Greens were really nice rest of course decent shape but a little juicy from last 3 days of evening rain.  
Only good part was putting.  I brought out and old Ping Anser 2 BeCu and it was dead on.  Driver, hybrid And irons just horrid.  You never know in this game.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 minute ago, Northern Monkey said:

Pup has been discharged and is now at rehab. He seems to be doing pretty well but is still pretty drugged up00f169c5-17b9-45fc-b28c-a787387bf9a2.jpeg.1e0f589dcddd8a38671b5181173a29f9.jpeg

On

Seems to be moving great for such a big surgery.  Happy it went well!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

4 minutes ago, Northern Monkey said:

Pup has been discharged and is now at rehab. He seems to be doing pretty well but is still pretty drugged up00f169c5-17b9-45fc-b28c-a787387bf9a2.jpeg.1e0f589dcddd8a38671b5181173a29f9.jpeg

On

That's great news!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

5 minutes ago, Northern Monkey said:

On

That's awesome! Go Blu!!!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.