Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Garsen Putter Grip - Ultimate - 2023 Forum Review

On 7/24/2023 at 6:36 AM, golfinnut said:

I've been putting really well since the install of the Ultimate.  Consistent & accurate.  It all comes down to feel & confidence for me.  The putter grip just feels good in my hands for one.  

Same.  I've been putting more consistently while using this grip.  So much that I'm shopping around for decent used putters to put the other Garsen grips on, I don't want to change this setup!  

I do want to test out the other grips however, maybe one of them will work even better?

Driver - PXG GEN5 0311FX 9°+1° flat - ProjectX Cypher 40 5.5 trimmed to 44"
Wood - PXG GEN5 0311FX 4-wood flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5 
Hybrid - PXG 0211 22° flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5  and Adams Idea 5HY - 39" Fubuki z60 Hy Flex-R shaft
Irons - 5-PW Callaway Rouge ST Max w / ProjectX Tour Flighted 105 steel shafts
Wedges - Kirkland Signature G/S/L
Putter - Kirkland Signature KS1   Wilson Brass Tech BT-2 with Garsen ULTIMATE grip

Balls - Titelist Pro V1 (PROTO 388) and Pro V1x (PROTO 348 test balls from current '22 ball test.

RH player shooting ~112 in Portland, Oregon.  New to the game and improving every week!

20 hours ago, Mr. Mushball said:

Same.  I've been putting more consistently while using this grip.  So much that I'm shopping around for decent used putters to put the other Garsen grips on, I don't want to change this setup!  

I do want to test out the other grips however, maybe one of them will work even better?

I'm going to put the MAX on one of my mallet putters.  I have a lot of them to choose from 🤣

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Still haven't found a 2nd putter to put the Max on yet, still gaming the Ultimate and loving it!

Small update, my putting continues to improve with my current Ultimate on Wilson BT-2 putter.  I shot my current low putts on Thursday at 32.  34 was the previous best.  Had 7 1 putts (and a chip in).  3 putts were all due to being long and ending up short on my lag, but lines were good and held.  I feel super confident with this grip, it gives me all of the feel and comfort to not let hands get in the way of my stroke.  I guess I pulled it twice on the last round, but that was due to rushing and not setting up well.

Edited by Mr. Mushball

Driver - PXG GEN5 0311FX 9°+1° flat - ProjectX Cypher 40 5.5 trimmed to 44"
Wood - PXG GEN5 0311FX 4-wood flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5 
Hybrid - PXG 0211 22° flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5  and Adams Idea 5HY - 39" Fubuki z60 Hy Flex-R shaft
Irons - 5-PW Callaway Rouge ST Max w / ProjectX Tour Flighted 105 steel shafts
Wedges - Kirkland Signature G/S/L
Putter - Kirkland Signature KS1   Wilson Brass Tech BT-2 with Garsen ULTIMATE grip

Balls - Titelist Pro V1 (PROTO 388) and Pro V1x (PROTO 348 test balls from current '22 ball test.

RH player shooting ~112 in Portland, Oregon.  New to the game and improving every week!

I wish this grip helped me with my speed control cause that seems to be the only issue with my putting right now.  Inside 10' I'm pretty good but those longer putts, like over 20' are killing me.  I tend to blow it by the hole a lot, rarely short, so at least I get it to the hole.  Guess the grip can't help with that.  But at least the grip feels comfortable in my hands. So I've got that going for me ... which is nice 🤣

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to Garsen Putter Grip - Ultimate - 2023 Forum Review
  • 2 months later...