Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Edel Putters

Zippybrown

Dave Edel is a very cool dude. Used to work in the same shop I do now. Still comes in a few times a year. One of the most knowledgeable fellas about putting I have met. I can't bring myself to spring for a putter yet, because I know how it will end up, but maybe if I spent that kind of $$$ I would have a different attitude..

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Dave Edel is a very cool dude. Used to work in the same shop I do now. Still comes in a few times a year. One of the most knowledgeable fellas about putting I have met. I can't bring myself to spring for a putter yet, because I know how it will end up, but maybe if I spent that kind of $$ I would have a different attitude..

Spending a lot on a putter will only make you hesitate before you fling it into the lake. That'd be like your version of the yips. You wouldn't want that.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

Dave Edel is a very cool dude. Used to work in the same shop I do now. Still comes in a few times a year. One of the most knowledgeable fellas about putting I have met. I can't bring myself to spring for a putter yet, because I know how it will end up, but maybe if I spent that kind of $$$ I would have a different attitude..

Maybe a Clearview?

(iPhone posting is a challenge)

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Spending a lot on a putter will only make you hesitate before you fling it into the lake. That'd be like your version of the yips. You wouldn't want that.

I destroyed a $200 Never Compromise last year.... I might need to spend a lot more. this is another one of those don't tell the wife threads...

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

The clear view, isn't that a beer coaster? Back on track. The edel system allows you to have several different putters in one with the ability to change face lofts and weights. Also with the edel being hand made it is like buying a piece of art that you line up correctly every time. Everyone might want to at least do the fitting to see how their putter compares aim wise.

The aimchart come from the same person that does Aimpoint on the Golf Channel, Mark Sweeney. The clinic and chart will allow you to read greens better than you have ever before. The best way to describe it is that once you understand when and how to use it people will ask "how did you do that and where can I learn." This system along with Edel are about to become huge. Players on all tours are already using the system like Bo Van Pelt and others to be named.

For a better look at aimpoint go to aimpointgolf.com

Dave's stuff is SOOOOOO pretty. He makes some incredible watches as well.

The aimchart come from the same person that does Aimpoint on the Golf Channel, Mark Sweeney. The clinic and chart will allow you to read greens better than you have ever before. The best way to describe it is that once you understand when and how to use it people will ask "how did you do that and where can I learn." This system along with Edel are about to become huge. Players on all tours are already using the system like Bo Van Pelt and others to be named.

For a better look at aimpoint go to aimpointgolf.com

If you don't mind me asking, what does an aimpoint clinic cost?

• SPY VIP

The website shows clinics. The closest they get to me is Indiana...yuck.

OK found it. Berkeley (90 min) is the closest to me. Troon North in AZ would be a good roadtrip.

{btw, people in Indiana do not appreciate the 'yuck' comment}

Volvo Intorqueo

OK found it. Berkeley (90 min) is the closest to me. Troon North in AZ would be a good roadtrip.

{btw, people in Indiana do not appreciate the 'yuck' comment}

While I suspect you're right, sadly, I don't care.

I am genuinely surprised that there's nothing in the Chicagoland area, we have tons of golfers here.

I am genuinely surprised that there's nothing in the Chicagoland area, we have tons of golfers here.

Come West... Dave's Workshop is in Reedsport Oregon. On the way to Bandon Dunes from my house......

Road Trip??

• SPY VIP

I get the impression that the aimpoint may be very big very soon if there are tour players looking into it.

The graph for Scott McCarron is impressive.

Volvo Intorqueo

Come West... Dave's Workshop is in Reedsport Oregon. On the way to Bandon Dunes from my house......

Road Trip??

I'll be happy to drive to Bandon if you're picking up the green fees! My godfather just raves about Bandon and I thought about going this summer, but a few days there is out of my price range.

Cost is variable. Just depends on which services you sign up for, anywhere from $125 to $1200 is what I have seen. My buddy Tim Tucker is one of the top Aimpoint Edel fitters. We set up a facebook page with some videos and pics. Look for "Edel Putting Experience" on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Edel-Putting-Experience/291330573054?ref=nf

aimpoint green reading 1 or 2 day

aimpoint + edel putter fitting

Aimpoint + edel putter fitting + edel custom handmade putters

Lots of room to work a deal with Tim Tucker.

Ok, thanks for the info. The fitting process that is talked about on the Edel web site sounds very intriguing. Can you tell us a bit about your fitting experience? What kind of customizations did they make on your putter to help your aim?

I'll be happy to drive to Bandon if you're picking up the green fees! My godfather just raves about Bandon and I thought about going this summer, but a few days there is out of my price range.

Winter rates man.. Winter rates.. $75 with a $40 replay. impossible to beat.

Winter rates man.. Winter rates.. $75 with a $40 replay. impossible to beat.

Isn't winter very cold there? More importantly, winter is basketball season. Time to hang up the sticks and pick up the clipboard. Unless "winter" starts in October.

Isn't winter very cold there? More importantly, winter is basketball season. Time to hang up the sticks and pick up the clipboard. Unless "winter" starts in October.

November 1. Usually there are some amazing days on the coast here. there are some really bad ones too, but I have played there in December when it was 64* and blowing 5-10 mph.

November 1. Usually there are some amazing days on the coast here. there are some really bad ones too, but I have played there in December when it was 64* and blowing 5-10 mph.

Hmmm. If it was a lot closer, that would be great, but it's hard to plan a trip and then just hope that the weather cooperates. I guess those great deals are just for the locals.

It looks like Dave may have moved his shop... Bummer. I haven't seen him in about a year, But I figured I missed him when he came in.

Archived