Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Music on the Golf Course?

49 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

Although I don’t play music while golfing (I don’t even take my phone on the course), I don’t mind it when others play music at a reasonable (low) volume level while I am playing. I have never found it to affect my concentration or my enjoyment of the game of golf when there is music being played in my foursome.

I am glad that I don’t play golf with you, because I almost certainly would not enjoy myself, considering your hostile attitude.

Well, aren't you a nice person.  I'll do my best to  ensure we never meet ... :-)

Anxiety is contagious, please keep yours to yourself ... 

... While this tread is endlessly entertaining it reminds me of a George Carlin bit that certainly fits this topic:

"You ever notice that anyone driving slower than you is a MORON!?! And anyone driving faster than you is a MANIAC!?!" 🤪

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

No.  No way.  I want the quiet of being in nature, and quiet conversation.  And the quiet to hear the hit, hear the ball land, hear it crack a tree, bounce off a root, go in the water, etc.  There is too much noise, crappy sound systems, everywhere else.  Shopping, in a restaurant, fast food, doctor's office, etc. etc.  Notice that almost all corporate owned stores and food joints blare MUZAK, or other bland music, while owner operated often don't because the owner and his personally known staff want to interact with me the customer, while a corporate owner views me as merely a $10, $25, or $100 wallet.  I am not a musician but I used to sing in chorus, and have about 3,000 vinyl LPs and a good stereo, not home theater.  Being on stage with 60 other singers, and an orchestra, is soul reviving, heart healthy, blood pressure reducing, mind improving experience.  Even better than a well struck driver down the fairway on the 1st hole.

Drv: PXG 0211, Evnflo Riptide CB Senior, Callaway 454 TI (2004) 10 and an 11, regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram senior. TM Burner Superfast 3.0 M flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC 3 18 degree, on Mamiya Recoil reg flex.

4 iron:  forged Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hollow body.

6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil reg flex.

Gap: 52/9 GFF Mizuno S5, Lob: 60/6 GFF Mizuno T7.

Sand: Ancien Regime 56/12 Hogan Sure Out, Apex shaft. Heavy sole.

Chipper:  Ancien Regime Don Martin "Up n In" bronze or copper. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

Music used to bother me on the course, I felt it to be strange and distracting. 
Now, It seems that more and more people are playing music.  Most everyone I play with these days will have music.  I'm now to the point that it's strange if no music is playing. 
I can go either way, music doesn't bother me at all now as long as the volume is down at a respectable level and it's music I like.

I think that I’ve answered this question before. But I’ll repeat myself. I would rather have no music and enjoy the peace and quiet as well as the nature. The people who I’ve played with and have music have been respectful and kept it down for their enjoyment.

I have a small speaker and will go out in the fall as a single, put on a college football game and enjoy some golf.

Go Dawgs!

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

I’m ok with music on the course.  I think it’s simple courtesy to ask your playing partners if they’re ok with it.  Even if the answer is yes, I keep it down so I mostly can just hear it in the cart and maybe on the tee.  Definitely background music.

My previous course it seemed like every cart has a speaker and music playing.  Very few of the members at my current course play music.  I’m ok either way.

Driver:  Ping G425 LST 9 degrees, stock shaft regular

Fairway: Ping G425 LST 13.5 degrees, stock shaft regular

Hybrids: Ping G425 19 and 22 degrees, stock shaft regular

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max, Project X  LZ105 5.5; 5-AW

Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 52 degrees, TT Dynamic Gold 115; Cleveland SmartSole 58 degrees, stock shaft

Putter:  Axis1 Rose with FlatCat grip

veteran.gif.ce23e65765944402b155f425df8cdfdb.gif.5b4cd6901ad1d0966d36704e6b4d9e7d.gif

image.png.2c141450bfdc56c40426d9df08a4bb4d.png

image.png.3ce9d749de4445b748c0a563eb19c35b.png

I enjoy listening to music while I play. But if whoever I’m playing with doesn’t like it I’ll keep it low or turn the music off. I use the Bushnell Wingman which also has a built in audible gps that plays through the speaker with a push of the remote that sits on top of it, and it pairs with a really nice app on your phone. So even if I’m not playing music it’s a handy tool to have ! 

Terry Bonilla

I have zero problem with music , usually you can’t hear it unless you’re sitting next to them . I have played with many annoying people whom I would love to hear music over their continual rants or blather . Anything in moderation is fine, if you are offended then play alone or find other people so inclined. The constant screaming of obscenity and witching about course conditions are way worse than a little tune 

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

Ron,

Greeting from Buhl, Idaho bro.  I am with you. I go to the golf course for peace and quite.  I want to hear the wind blowing in the trees, the frogs croaking, and geese honking in the distance. If someone wants to listen to music they should wear earbuds and not bother other people who just want some peace and tranquility.

Driver - PING G410 PLus - stiff 

#3 wood - PING G400 SFT - stiff 

19* Hybrid - PING g25 - stiff

4 iron - Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal - stiff - + 1/2 '' - 2 degrees up

5-UW - PING i210 - AST stiff - + 1/2" white dot

56 & 58  Ping Black Stealth Weges - + 1/2 " white dot

putter  - PING Oslo mallet

ball - Titleist Tour Soft & Snell MTB

While I love listening to music I don't want it on the course.  I play on a public course and the occasional group will have it blaring so it can be heard as they play the hole behind.  I would hope people wouldn't find yelling on the course acceptable, so why would playing music at a loud volume be acceptable.

On 7/24/2023 at 8:37 AM, Frozen Spy said:

Ok, I don't have music so loud that anyone outside of my space hears it, it's about respect for others, I understand and practice that.  What I've never understood are people who need complete silence to swing a golf club, especially on a public course.  The course I grew up on is in the middle of the city with a few holes next to a busy road, people would honk during your back swing sometimes, I guess it trained me to tune out the noise, so it doesn't bother me.  My biggest problem with music is not singing and dancing😁

We all need to learn while enjoying our freedom and our rights, not to invade or intrude upon the others who are entitled to the same as you do.  

We know this "me" generation will have issues decades ago, when parent s tried to be their children's best friend instead of being a parent.

It is not difficult to act appropriately for the place you're at.  Golf course is not a place to have broadcasted music or even continuously loud conversation.  

I have no problem with golfers using earbuds to enjoy their time, Not looking to socializing between the golf shots on the golf courses.  

But please, don't be that guy blasting their earth shattering bass in the traffic with their windows rolled down.  That kind of behavior is for the young who had not learned their lessons yet.

If one is not considerate enough to realize to respect the others, then they will have more issue in life than not being welcomed on the golf course.

Think of the music could be an invading instrument when not wanted.  Especially on the golf course.

Edited by release
spelling

1 hour ago, Patpott said:

While I love listening to music I don't want it on the course.  I play on a public course and the occasional group will have it blaring so it can be heard as they play the hole behind.  I would hope people wouldn't find yelling on the course acceptable, so why would playing music at a loud volume be acceptable.

Call the club house to have them send someone down to baby sit the group, or to give them the instruction of how to behave on the golf course.

We had golfer asking to join our group on the golf course because they could not stand their pairing who curse loudly on every bag golf shot.  And we could hear this guy grumping a fairway away.

We really should provide a brief 30 minutes lesson for the new golfers to learn the etiquette and proper behavior on the golf courses.  When something becomes more popular, their be a larger presence of unwanted elements.  What we could do is to educate and minimize the inappropriate element.  

Edited by release

Quit being a stick in the mud!  Playing Golf is supposed to be an enjoyable 4 to 5 hours away from the worries of the day, enjoying the company of your Boy's away from the wife and kids.  I really believe this post should be about those "serious" players who look at golf as work, worrying more about their score than having a good time.  Having a little music/fun of the course is much more memorable to all than your crappy little birdie on the ninth.    Lighen up have some fun let the music flow...

Mountain golfer

Personally I’m not a music on the course fan. Love it other places and am a music fan. Would rather listen to it after the round. 

WITB

Taylormade M3 (for now)

Taylormade R15 3W(can’t get rid of this)

Taylormade 3 hybrid

Srixon Zx5 irons 5-AW

Vokey 54,60 wedges

S. Cameron Newport putter

7 hours ago, craiger1 said:

Quit being a stick in the mud!  Playing Golf is supposed to be an enjoyable 4 to 5 hours away from the worries of the day, enjoying the company of your Boy's away from the wife and kids.  I really believe this post should be about those "serious" players who look at golf as work, worrying more about their score than having a good time.  Having a little music/fun of the course is much more memorable to all than your crappy little birdie on the ninth.    Lighen up have some fun let the music flow...

Golf truly is a good walk spoiled especially when trying to enjoy nature and it’s  silence only to be interrupted by the squawk of loud music It’s not a bar If you want to drink and play loud music find a bar or go to Top Golf 

Marsha Estefan

I prefer not hearing music while I'm playing but so long as folks ask and keep it barely audible from their cart it's tolerable.  What I don't appreciate are those who act like they could give 2 $hit's about others around them.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

I prefer not hearing music while I'm playing but so long as folks ask and keep it barely audible from their cart it's tolerable.  What I don't appreciate are those who act like they could give 2 $hit's about others around them.

This is exactly how it should be!

If you want music, use COMMON SENSE and COURTESY FOR OTHERS while playing it during your round.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Some of the newer golf carts now have the ability to synch their phones up via Bluetooth and use it as a Bluetooth speaker, so it seems like some golf cart manufacturers are encouraging it.

I’m okay with being slightly audible from the tee box, but that’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver:   :taylormade-small:TaylorMade - R11s 

4 Wood:   :callaway-logo-1:Callaway - Big Bertha War Bird

Irons:   :mizuno-small:4 - GW  Mizuno Pro 223 w/ Dynamic Gold 105

Wedges:   Lazrus 56* & :titleist-small:Titleist Vokey 60*

Putter:  :ping-small: Ping Zing Blade

Bag: :nike-small:

I don't mind either way as long as it's not too loud. Captains choice tourneys, it's almost a must, along with a few chilies!

WITB: 

BombTech 9 deg gen 4.0

T/M M6 3 wood

Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro

Kirkland 50, 54, 60 

Scotty Cameron Monterey

On 7/9/2023 at 10:57 PM, Ben Joest said:

I’m pro cart speaker and have no issue with music on the course with this caveat: 

I shouldn’t be able to hear your music 3 fairways over.

As long as the volume is reasonable and the language is clean, then live and let live.

I'd normally agree with live and let live, but then you experience people in the real world.  Just last weekend I was playing at a nice course ($70-$80 range) and on three occasions the group behind rolls up right behind our carts while my group is on the tee hitting with their music playing at a reasonably loud volume.  It was completely rude and disrespectful. Turn the music down while you wait for us to hit and leave or stay back far enough that the music is not a distraction to others.  People are just inconsiderate.

Titleist TS3 9 deg Grafalloy Pro Launch Red Supercharged - regular

TaylorMade SIM Titanium 3 wood Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue Supercharged - regular

Titleist TSi 2 5 wood Tensei Blue - regular

Titleist TS2 hybrid 23 deg Tensei Blue - regular

Callaway Apex 21 irons 5-PW KBS Max 80 regular

Cleveland CBX ZipCore 49 deg gap wedge Project X 5.5 shaft

Titleist Vokey SM4 54/8 deg sand wedge Project X 5.5 shaft

Cleveland RTX ZipCore 58/8 deg lob wedge Project X 5.5 shaft

Odyssey 2-ball blade DFX putter with UST frequency filtered shaft and Winn 1.38 grip

We have a regular 4 some we take turns with the play list. Only our group can hear it. If I play in a tournament or with other individuals I have not met before I don’t even ask and leave the speaker in the bag.

I played in a tournament a couple of months ago and a group had music blasting and you could hear it anywhere on the course. 
Very inconsiderate and self centered.

TSR 3 driver, TSI 3 wood, PXG gen 4 7wood,

Miziuno 923 forged irons, 48,52,56,60 Cleveland ZipCore wedges, Scotty squareback

On 7/25/2023 at 3:43 PM, craiger1 said:

Playing Golf is supposed to be an enjoyable 4 to 5 hours away from the worries of the day, enjoying the company of your Boy's away from the wife and kids … Lighen up have some fun let the music flow...

There’s a Top Golf driving range I’ve been to in California where the music is flowing, the beer is running and there’s a loud, laughing fun time in all the stalls, where friends go and have a great time. I think it’ a great idea for a driving range. It’s like the bowling alley on a Saturday night when bowling alleys were the thing to do.

On 7/25/2023 at 3:43 PM, craiger1 said:

Quit being a stick in the mud! … Having a little music/fun of the course is much more memorable to all than your crappy little birdie on the ninth. 

Yeah. That’s the attitude I usually associate with folks and music on the course. Music supersedes my crappy little birdie.

I know it’s not everyone, and it’s unfair to slot you all into the same stereotype—but it’s clear why it happens.

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°
PUTTER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png KING GRANDSPORT 35

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO WHITE/BLUE ICE
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

I think it all comes down to respect. As long is the group I’m playing with has a consensus. The music is fine maybe offer everybody a choice on genre or mix it up throughout the day. What’s not OK is to hear who whatever they’re playing from four fairways away. When the course is backed up and the next group drives over to the Teebox when you were up there and you can’t hear yourself thing because of music is blasting just turn it down you’re not any more important than anybody else who payed their green fee to play golf that day

Callaway Mavrik irons, Ping woods

I remember when nobody played music. I love music,wireless headphones, be respectful. I have playlist for front 9, back 9 and take me home. . But if I'm playing with my buddies no music,  conversation and catch up. And try to take their money

65 year old in Michigan

I'm not a fan.  I'm easily distracted and music, even music I like, just bugs me.   Dealing with distractions is a part of the game, so I don't say anything unless there's something on the line. 

XY

-XY
BALL:  Titleist ProV1, Kirkland Signature
WOODS: Taylormade Stealth2 +, Callaway Epic Flash 3-wood
3- and 4- HYBRID: Ping G30, stiff
IRONS: Ping i525, 6 - U-wedge, 1 degree flat, ProjectX 5.5 110 g shafts
WEDGES: Ping 4.0 60 degree, Titleist 56 degree SM8
PUTTER: L.A.B Mezz Max, 69 degree, 37 inch LA Golf shaft, 1.5 degree press grip