Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

After Hours Spy Saloon

chisag

4 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I am absolutely giddy with Bagent as the back up and I would have continued to play him over Fields. DII and undrafted, a rookie that won the back up job over PJ Walker and Nathan Peterson, comes in and wins 2 out of 4 games and showed me enough that I would be confident in him starting if the #1 QB is injured. Now mentoring is a different story and I can see where a proven vet would be quite valuable. I remember Flacco saying mentoring wasn't his job so probably not him. 🙄

it’s interesting in my mind (scary place I know ) but with the potential new QB do you let him  watch a vet for a while or throw him to the wolves.   If the later and he doesn’t do better than Fields are you okay with the continued losing seasons and being beaten by Green Bay.  If the former, do you sign for bigger money and sacrifice other positions.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

.... Well @Jnoble89 I have to admit the Packers put up a good fight. I know Love is a rookie and prone to rookie mistakes but reckless throws in the 4th qt is what separates the franchise QB's from the really good QB's. That said, it was Loves 1st time in the playoffs and he looked very solid and impressive from mid season on. We have to assume he will learn from his mistakes and not force a suspect throw in crunch time but as a Bearz fan if he doesn't learn from his mistakes, that's OK too. 🤪

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

1 hour ago, chisag said:

.... Well @Jnoble89 I have to admit the Packers put up a good fight. I know Love is a rookie and prone to rookie mistakes but reckless throws in the 4th qt is what separates the franchise QB's from the really good QB's. That said, it was Loves 1st time in the playoffs and he looked very solid and impressive from mid season on. We have to assume he will learn from his mistakes and not force a suspect throw in crunch time but as a Bearz fan if he doesn't learn from his mistakes, that's OK too. 🤪

Tough way for it to end, but yes that game ultimately came down to either capitalizing on mistakes or not. SF capitalized on two poor throws to turn them into INTs, Packers dropped two gifted INTs (one most likely a pick 6 that has the potential to alter the entire game). Tried to force something to happen instead of living to play another down looked a whole lot like Brett Favre lol. Definitely have to imagine he will learn from it.

They battled last night and were in a position to win but youth ended up showing its head at the wrong time. Three red zone trips for 6 points and a missed FG simply won’t get it done against the top seed in the playoffs but boy was it a game to watch.

Future looks bright in GB; Love & Co. will be back again. Never thought I’d be in a position this year to feel gutted by a postseason loss. 

Already looking forward to next season, and now I’m pulling for the Lions!

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

8 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Already looking forward to next season, and now I’m pulling for the Lions!

Wait what?!? Packers fan cheering for the Lions???

But seriously, screw the Bucs - hoping the Lions win today AND next week, along with the Bills.  I can’t imagine a Super Bowl with more “deserving” fan bases than those two (well, except for the Falcons) 😂

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-PW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  images (1).pngHaywood Signature Raw Wedges (50 / 54 / 58)

Putter:   download.png.d49e715a77153bd649b58a0d4e33fab5.pngL.A.B. DF3 (aka "Chewie")

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Reviews: 

L.A.B. DF3

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Testing

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Just now, CFreddie said:

Wait what?!? Packers fan cheering for the Lions???

But seriously, screw the Bucs - hoping the Lions win today AND next week, along with the Bills.  I can’t imagine a Super Bowl with more “deserving” fan bases than those two (well, except for the Falcons) 😂

I don’t despise the Lions in similar fashion as the Bears or Vikings lol. They have been bad for so long, that I legitimately would love to see them win the whole dang thing this year. Dan Campbell is a super likable coach.

After that, though, no more friendly support of division rivals 😂

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

2 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

I don’t despise the Lions in similar fashion as the Bears or Vikings lol. They have been bad for so long, that I legitimately would love to see them win the whole dang thing this year. Dan Campbell is a super likable coach.

After that, though, no more friendly support of division rivals 😂

... I think most of us feel the same. HATE the Packers, don't like the Vikings but I'll be pulling for the Lions. It's been such a long time since they sniffed a shot at a SB so as a pure football fan ya gotta pull for them. (If the Packers never make the playoffs again, I still won't be pulling for them 😎)

Edited by chisag

... You Saloon rednecks @Jnoble89 @TSauer @JohnSmalls @CFreddie are probably familiar with this tune but I found another Country gem. YeeHaw! Not quite the SNL Lake Song but I think these ladies are not fans of modern country video's. 

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

... You Saloon rednecks @Jnoble89 @TSauer @JohnSmalls @CFreddie are probably familiar with this tune but I found another Country gem. YeeHaw! Not quite the SNL Lake Song but I think these ladies are not fans of modern country video's. 

😂 how did I get lumped in here?!?

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-PW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Putter:   download.png.d49e715a77153bd649b58a0d4e33fab5.pngL.A.B. DF3 (aka "Chewie")

Reviews: 

L.A.B. DF3

Callaway Paradym

1 minute ago, CFreddie said:

😂 how did I get lumped in here?!?

... You're in Atlanta ya'll. 🤠

4 minutes ago, chisag said:

😂 That’s a funny video! 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black Official Tester Review

:BagBoy: Nitron push cart Unofficial review  

Thanks for finding and posting that video @chisag Sam. 😎

I am going to share it with some friends of mine who may look similar to some of those guys in it, and also seem to love "old school country" music. 😉

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

2 hours ago, chisag said:

Is this your first tee walk-up song? Be honest.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

40 minutes ago, TSauer said:

Is this your first tee walk-up song? Be honest.

... If I have to pick a walk up song. HAVE to. If the video could accompany the music, this would be it:

Did my new WITB pop up for anyone 

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

... Still a long way to go til April and most of the mock drafts have Caleb Williams as the Bears #1 pick. A few have Drake Maye, which as most here know is my choice. Again, I will not be disappointed with Williams and think he has a higher ceiling but also a lower floor. I think Maye could start right away and be the Franchise QB Da Bearz have been looking for. He also has a pretty high ceiling although not as high as Williams who can be off the charts creative outside the pocket but Maye a much higher floor than Williams. When it comes to QB's Da Bearz have swung and struck out more than Adam Dunn in his best years. 🙄  So as close to a sure thing as there is in Maye would be the smart pick. The glass half full (maybe over flowing) is Justin Fields will be gone and can run for 99yds a game while being near the bottom of the league passing for some other team. 

18 hours ago, chisag said:

... You're in Atlanta ya'll. 🤠

Spot on with the video.  However, now that you're in Arizona you have to use the correct spelling of y'all 😉.  

Edited by JohnSmalls

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

46 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Still a long way to go til April and most of the mock drafts have Caleb Williams as the Bears #1 pick. A few have Drake Maye, which as most here know is my choice. Again, I will not be disappointed with Williams and think he has a higher ceiling but also a lower floor. I think Maye could start right away and be the Franchise QB Da Bearz have been looking for. He also has a pretty high ceiling although not as high as Williams who can be off the charts creative outside the pocket but Maye a much higher floor than Williams. When it comes to QB's Da Bearz have swung and struck out more than Adam Dunn in his best years. 🙄  So as close to a sure thing as there is in Maye would be the smart pick. The glass half full (maybe over flowing) is Justin Fields will be gone and can run for 99yds a game while being near the bottom of the league passing for some other team. 

From what I've seen from the "NFL Draft pundits", about 75% say the Bears will draft Williams (some also say that they will make a trade so that they can get the 4th pick in addition to the #1 pick, and draft Marvin Harrison Jr at #4). The others are mostly saying that the Bears will stick with Fields and trade the #1 pick to get themselves more offensive weapons to surround Fields with by acquiring a couple additional high-round picks this year and next. I have only seen one mock draft that had the Bears drafting Drake Maye, who is still an excellent choice, in my opinion.

If the (VERY) remote possibility exists that the Bears can keep the #1 pick and trade the #9 pick as well as some lower round picks to move up to the Cardinals' spot at #4 and get either Marvin Harrison Jr. or Malik Nabers as a super-high impact WR, that team would be tremendously improved and their offense would almost certainly jump to #1 in the NFC North.

EDIT: Rome Odunze would also be a great pick at #9 if he's still available when that pick comes up.

Edited by funkyjudge

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max, Newton Motion 4-Dot shaft

4W - Titleist TSR2, Newton Motion 4-Dot FW shaft

HYB - Sub 70 949X 21*, original HZRDUS Black 85-S shaft

7W (if played) - Titleist TSR, ACCRA TZ6 7S

Irons - Cobra King Forged Tec X, KBS TGI graphite shafts

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 47* (bent to 48*), 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100 Tour S

Putter - Evnroll ER10 ""Outback” Mallet

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus

Bags - Vessel / Ghost stand bags

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

Lots of short game practice has made this a strength; now the driver is causing problems!

22 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

From what I've seen from the "NFL Draft pundits", about 75% say the Bears will draft Williams (some also say that they will make a trade so that they can get the 4th pick in addition to the #1 pick, and draft Marvin Harrison Jr at #4). The others are mostly saying that the Bears will stick with Fields and trade the #1 pick to get themselves more offensive weapons to surround Fields with by acquiring a couple additional high-round picks this year and next. I have only seen one mock draft that had the Bears drafting Drake Maye, who is still an excellent choice, in my opinion.

... I think most draft pundits are a combination of click baits and morons. Poles, the GM's job depends on finding a franchise QB. The last several Gm's were fired because they couldn't. There is just no chance he risks his job on Fields that is at the bottom of the league in passing. Not only is an upgrade in passing performance from Williams/Maye a no brainer, they will be on a rookie contract for the next 3 or 4 years and Fields dynamic running ability will cost someone $100 million or more next year. Aside from his inability to read a defense or find his 2nd read after 3 years, it just doesn't make financial sense to keep him. Draft pundits can spend all the money they like on Fields with zero repercussions but the GM does not have that luxury. 

... I think the bigger question is will he take one of the outstanding left tackles if they are still available at #9, or take an edge rusher/wide receiver with the pick. Being an ex lineman while starting a rookie at QB next season a WR won't be any help if the line can't give him time to throw downfield. So I would love to see him take a tackle. But I don't have scouts that have studied every play from their potential draft picks or interviews with coaches going back to high school and they have them rated. Since all 3 are a position of need, choosing the best player on the board is never a bad idea. 

Pretty good feature on Maye:

https://sports.yahoo.com/2024-nfl-mock-draft-why-drake-maye-is-the-man-for-chicago-while-the-top-10-is-a-run-on-offense-140027576.html

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I think most draft pundits are a combination of click baits and morons. Poles, the GM's job depends on finding a franchise QB. The last several Gm's were fired because they couldn't. There is just no chance he risks his job on Fields that is at the bottom of the league in passing. Not only is an upgrade in passing performance from Williams/Maye a no brainer, they will be on a rookie contract for the next 3 or 4 years and Fields dynamic running ability will cost someone $100 million or more next year. Aside from his inability to read a defense or find his 2nd read after 3 years, it just doesn't make financial sense to keep him. Draft pundits can spend all the money they like on Fields with zero repercussions but the GM does not have that luxury. 

... I think the bigger question is will he take one of the outstanding left tackles if they are still available at #9, or take an edge rusher/wide receiver with the pick. Being an ex lineman while starting a rookie at QB next season a WR won't be any help if the line can't give him time to throw downfield. So I would love to see him take a tackle. But I don't have scouts that have studied every play from their potential draft picks or interviews with coaches going back to high school and they have them rated. Since all 3 are a position of need, choosing the best player on the board is never a bad idea. 

Pretty good feature on Maye:

https://sports.yahoo.com/2024-nfl-mock-draft-why-drake-maye-is-the-man-for-chicago-while-the-top-10-is-a-run-on-offense-140027576.html

Any of those picks would be very good for the Bears at #9 (Edge, stud LT or one of many “instant starter and #2 receiver” guys who may very well be available with that pick). There are usually many very good OTs and OGs in every year’s draft, but this year the number is even higher than usual.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max, Newton Motion 4-Dot shaft

4W - Titleist TSR2, Newton Motion 4-Dot FW shaft

HYB - Sub 70 949X 21*, original HZRDUS Black 85-S shaft

7W (if played) - Titleist TSR, ACCRA TZ6 7S

Irons - Cobra King Forged Tec X, KBS TGI graphite shafts

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 47* (bent to 48*), 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100 Tour S

Putter - Evnroll ER10 ""Outback” Mallet

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus

Bags - Vessel / Ghost stand bags

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

Lots of short game practice has made this a strength; now the driver is causing problems!

... Gonna be interesting to see what happens in Atlanta and Chicago for different reasons. I have always said a HC is over rated for wins and loses. They set the tone for their team but the real architects are the OC and DC. No better example than when that idiot coached the 85 Bears while Buddy Ryan ran the defense that had the Patriots to -19 for the entire first half. They won in spite of their HC.  

... It seems someone like Dan Campbell turned around the Lions franchise and I have no doubt his positive attitude and love for his players were infectious, but if the OC and DC weren't doing their jobs well you just have a bad team that loves and plays hard for their HC. 

... All that said, coaches coach and players play. In the end the HC has little to do with the outcome of games other than clock management and some decisions like going for it on 4th down or kick a FG. But the HC isn't responsible for a missed kick, or a dropped pass, or an interception, or the most egregious off sides penalty by an OLineman that got mentally lazy.  

... So what happens with a HC in Atlanta and what kind of staff he brings with him will be very interesting. As well as the new OC for the Bears, Shane Aldrin who did wonders with Gino Smith. Eberflus has turned the defense into one of the NFL's best so a lot will be on Waldrons shoulders, including whether he prefers Williams or Maye.

44 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Gonna be interesting to see what happens in Atlanta and Chicago for different reasons. I have always said a HC is over rated for wins and loses. They set the tone for their team but the real architects are the OC and DC. No better example than when that idiot coached the 85 Bears while Buddy Ryan ran the defense that had the Patriots to -19 for the entire first half. They won in spite of their HC.  

... It seems someone like Dan Campbell turned around the Lions franchise and I have no doubt his positive attitude and love for his players were infectious, but if the OC and DC weren't doing their jobs well you just have a bad team that loves and plays hard for their HC. 

... All that said, coaches coach and players play. In the end the HC has little to do with the outcome of games other than clock management and some decisions like going for it on 4th down or kick a FG. But the HC isn't responsible for a missed kick, or a dropped pass, or an interception, or the most egregious off sides penalty by an OLineman that got mentally lazy.  

... So what happens with a HC in Atlanta and what kind of staff he brings with him will be very interesting. As well as the new OC for the Bears, Shane Aldrin who did wonders with Gino Smith. Eberflus has turned the defense into one of the NFL's best so a lot will be on Waldrons shoulders, including whether he prefers Williams or Maye.

Certainly Atlanta will be interesting. I think Albert Brier was toying with the idea that the Falcons could make a play for Baker Mayfield if Belichick hired. Regarding Chicago, Is Shane Aldrin there to work with Justin Fields or has that not been decided yet?

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°
PUTTER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png KING GRANDSPORT 35

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO WHITE/BLUE ICE
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

2024 Fit For Golf Training App Review

Raheem Morris to the Falcons… 🤔🤔🤔

Reviews: 

L.A.B. DF3

Callaway Paradym

• 3 weeks later...

... I have lived all over this country so I have no allegiance to any state. So other than the sunshine and ideal golf weather most of the year (summer the exception when we can play but 110-115* is not ideal) I have no state pride. I always thought that was kinda silly but I digress. It seems nationally the only time I hear anything about AZ it is in a negative light. Cyber Ninjas recount of votes, refusing to honor Martin Luther King and losing the Super Bowl and the 16th hole at the Phoenix Open. A golfing friend asked me if I was going and I said "No. Not even if they paid me". 

"Security was stretched to the limit to keep an increasingly inebriated crowd under control. One fan ran shirtless onto the famed 16th hole, stopping for a snow angel in the hole’s greenside bunker before he was arrested. Another group of fans started a de facto slip-n-slide in the mud. A third group broke into a greenside brawl, and fought for what felt like a while before security personnel appeared. Countless videos circulated social media showing fans too drunk to stand upright, faceplanting in the mud or falling over their own two feet.

As the clock ticked closer to the start of the third round, tournament organizers decided on a second first: they were suspending alcohol sales to the general public for the remainder of the afternoon.

To the credit of organizers and security personnel, the situation seemed to simmer in the hours following. Fans sobered up, and the golfers were able to get most of the way through the third round before the final horn blew. Hope sprang anew as golfers returned to the course for Sunday morning, but unfortunately, so did the tournament’s alcohol sales.

It was shortly after 10 a.m. local time, only minutes after play began, that tensions rose again — and this time the players were in the middle of it. Zach Johnson, the typically stoic former Masters winner, was filmed in a shouting match with one fan off the side of a fairway.

“Don’t ‘sir’ me!” He yelled. “Somebody said it. I’m just sick of it. Just shut up, okay.”

As that video made the rounds quickly, a second one followed. This time it was Billy Horschel, hot-headed but unquestionably gregarious with fans, in a shouting match of his own. 

“Buddy, when he’s over the shot, shut the hell up,” Horschel yelled into the gallery. “C’mon. He’s trying to hit a damn golf shot here. It’s our f***ing job!”

Later, in the 18th fairway, it was Spieth himself with ire for the fans, mouthing a profanity seconds after a fan appeared to scream in his backswing."

All around the players, the biggest party in golf rolled on. Inside the ropes, though, some couldn’t wait for it to be over.

4 hours ago, chisag said:

... I have lived all over this country so I have no allegiance to any state. So other than the sunshine and ideal golf weather most of the year (summer the exception when we can play but 110-115* is not ideal) I have no state pride. I always thought that was kinda silly but I digress. It seems nationally the only time I hear anything about AZ it is in a negative light. Cyber Ninjas recount of votes, refusing to honor Martin Luther King and losing the Super Bowl and the 16th hole at the Phoenix Open. A golfing friend asked me if I was going and I said "No. Not even if they paid me". 

"Security was stretched to the limit to keep an increasingly inebriated crowd under control. One fan ran shirtless onto the famed 16th hole, stopping for a snow angel in the hole’s greenside bunker before he was arrested. Another group of fans started a de facto slip-n-slide in the mud. A third group broke into a greenside brawl, and fought for what felt like a while before security personnel appeared. Countless videos circulated social media showing fans too drunk to stand upright, faceplanting in the mud or falling over their own two feet.

As the clock ticked closer to the start of the third round, tournament organizers decided on a second first: they were suspending alcohol sales to the general public for the remainder of the afternoon.

To the credit of organizers and security personnel, the situation seemed to simmer in the hours following. Fans sobered up, and the golfers were able to get most of the way through the third round before the final horn blew. Hope sprang anew as golfers returned to the course for Sunday morning, but unfortunately, so did the tournament’s alcohol sales.

It was shortly after 10 a.m. local time, only minutes after play began, that tensions rose again — and this time the players were in the middle of it. Zach Johnson, the typically stoic former Masters winner, was filmed in a shouting match with one fan off the side of a fairway.

“Don’t ‘sir’ me!” He yelled. “Somebody said it. I’m just sick of it. Just shut up, okay.”

As that video made the rounds quickly, a second one followed. This time it was Billy Horschel, hot-headed but unquestionably gregarious with fans, in a shouting match of his own. 

“Buddy, when he’s over the shot, shut the hell up,” Horschel yelled into the gallery. “C’mon. He’s trying to hit a damn golf shot here. It’s our f***ing job!”

Later, in the 18th fairway, it was Spieth himself with ire for the fans, mouthing a profanity seconds after a fan appeared to scream in his backswing."

All around the players, the biggest party in golf rolled on. Inside the ropes, though, some couldn’t wait for it to be over.

I’ve always thought that would be one tournament I’d like to travel to, but after everything I’ve heard and read, no thank you.   Don’t see it as a negative reflection regarding AZ - im sure a good number are from there, but probably a lot travel there as well.  It is a reflection of those that can’t control themselves and behave and I think that is happening across the country.  It’s sad.

And just as I wrote this there’s a streaker at the SB.  That’s so 70’s lol.

Edited by GaryF

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

• 2 weeks later...

... The Bee Gee's have been ruined by SNL. 😱  Nights On Broadway came on Sirius XM and I actually laughed out loud alone in my car because these guys instantly popped into my head:

• 2 weeks later...

... The Saloon is a lonely place these days. But thought I would update Da Bears QB derby and it certainly looks like Caleb Williams will be the choice. I still prefer Drake Maye, but if Maye weren't in this draft I would be ecstatic with Williams. And who knows, maybe Williams will all up side as I think his ceiling is the highest in this draft. 

6 hours ago, chisag said:

But thought I would update Da Bears QB derby and it certainly looks like Caleb Williams will be the choice. I still prefer Drake Maye, but if Maye weren't in this draft I would be ecstatic with Williams. And who knows, maybe Williams will all up side as I think his ceiling is the highest in this draft. 

Been the predication for a while.   Obviously going to need to see how he actually performs and make sure he isn't a problem child.    about a month and a half and we will start to see what  the team will look like. 

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Been the predication for a while.   Obviously going to need to see how he actually performs and make sure he isn't a problem child.    about a month and a half and we will start to see what  the team will look like. 

... There were several that preferred Maye but said the pick would probably be Williams. Most of them have disappeared and as you said, it is almost all Williams now. And yes to all you said. But I do remember saying Mahomes could be a bad pick because he was so reckless with the football in college. 🤪 I hate to compare anyone to Mahomes but Williams does have some crazy unique abilities that don't fit the mold of the prototypical NFL QB. 

17 minutes ago, chisag said:

... There were several that preferred Maye but said the pick would probably be Williams. Most of them have disappeared and as you said, it is almost all Williams now. And yes to all you said. But I do remember saying Mahomes could be a bad pick because he was so reckless with the football in college. 🤪 I hate to compare anyone to Mahomes but Williams does have some crazy unique abilities that don't fit the mold of the prototypical NFL QB. 

he and others are just bucking the normal expectations of what is done at the combine

https://apnews.com/article/nfl-combine-4faea3a6a4c6b1d7f89a3ee7e5f875f2

Yes,  things change (sometimes for the good and sometimes for the bad) but also makes me wonder if these players are worth the risk.