Testers Wanted: CaddyDaddy The Claw Golf Gloves ×

Titleist T Series Irons - 2023 Forum Review

GolfSpy_APH

17 hours ago, Shrek74 said:

I'd love to hear your feedback on the Recoil Dart 105's. They're on my short list for testing in the Spring when I go for some fittings. I'm going graphite (unless I just can't play graphite) due to elbow issues (and oncoming wrist and hand angriness) and Darts are high on my list.

Oh you will be able to play graphite.  Recoils are awesome & they have multiple weight options, all the way down to 70g or so I think.  I really love the trajectory & stability of them.  True to the saying "play like steel, feel like graphite"   Ask @Golfspy_CG2 he has them in his irons as well.  He believes in them. 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

On 10/15/2023 at 12:47 PM, chisag said:

... You may be a little young to remember ribbed grips were pretty much all that were available in the 70's and early 80's. Tour Velvet were about the only grip I can remember that could be ordered round without the rib reminder. Many on tour used them along with low index players that like to manipulate the club head around the green, out of sand or playing a big draw or fade and better control of the club face. Slowly round became the predominant grip style and I had to smile at *NEW* Calibrate and Align grip technology and the description is pretty much the same as when they came out with round grips  "now available with ALIGN® Technology to improve clubface awareness and bring more consistency to your game" and  "Calibrate, our pronounced reminder strip technology, creates more clubface awareness, accuracy and feel." 

... My personal opinion is a rib reminder is a good idea for beginners that are still learning to grip the club correctly while round grips are a better option for players that like to play different shots. Of course feel and personal preference can have a big influence on using one over the other. 

The black and green victory grips were the big seller at the club where i worked in the late 70's.  I installed a few thousand of those over 6 years,  they were not ribbed.  Tacki mac and chamois were the next choices for most.  I dont remember them being ribbed either.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

33 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

The black and green victory grips were the big seller at the club where i worked in the late 70's.  I installed a few thousand of those over 6 years,  they were not ribbed.  Tacki mac and chamois were the next choices for most.  I dont remember them being ribbed either.

... Such is life at a club. 👍  I didn't start playing golf til the early 80's but I honestly don't remember picking up any club in a golf store that didn't have rib reminders on their grips. And for at least some of the time, Golfsmith didn't even keep 58r or 60r in stock and I had to order them. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x 

1 hour ago, golfinnut said:

Oh you will be able to play graphite.  Recoils are awesome & they have multiple weight options, all the way down to 70g or so I think.  I really love the trajectory & stability of them.  True to the saying "play like steel, feel like graphite"   Ask @Golfspy_CG2 he has them in his irons as well.  He believes in them. 

Yeah, I'm not quite the young big hitter like @golfinnut is, so I have the Recoil Dart 75 in my Wilson CB's and they are fantastic.   I used to play Recoil 680/780 several years ago, then switched to SteelFiber I80 in my past 3 sets.   I hadn't tried the Darts until Wilson was out for a fitting day, and they were just so smooth yet stable, I had to try them in a set.   I really like them.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

10 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yeah, I'm not quite the young big hitter like @golfinnut is, so I have the Recoil Dart 75 in my Wilson CB's and they are fantastic.   I used to play Recoil 680/780 several years ago, then switched to SteelFiber I80 in my past 3 sets.   I hadn't tried the Darts until Wilson was out for a fitting day, and they were just so smooth yet stable, I had to try them in a set.   I really like them.  

My dad had them in his TM M4's and has them in his 0211XCOR2's now and he loves them. I hear a lot of good things about them even though MMT and Steelfiber seem to get all the notice. Now that Recoils come in over 100g options, I'm definitely going there first then to MMT/Steelfiber. I've even seen a HZRDUS Black option lately, which is awesome since HZRDUS is all I play in woods/hybrids.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver, 11.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

16 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

... I am still a little amazed that the myth of steel shafts being more consistent and accurate is alive for more than a few. If anyone has ever spine aligned steel and graphite they know the opposite is true. I do think the difference in performance is non existent all things being equal. But of course there are weight, kick point, tip stiffness and most importantly dampening properties that are much better for your joints, can make graphite superior to steel. And considering popular steel shafts are $40-70 while comparable graphite options from Recoil and Steelfiber are in the same price range, cost is no longer a factor. And lastly since most Am swings compare much less to the PGA and more to the LPGA (and some pretty big hitters using Steelfiber shafts in their irons) considering graphite in your next set of irons seems like a no brainer to me. 

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I am still a little amazed that the myth of steel shafts being more consistent and accurate is alive for more than a few. If anyone has ever spine aligned steel and graphite they know the opposite is true. I do think the difference in performance is non existent all things being equal. But of course there are weight, kick point, tip stiffness and most importantly dampening properties that are much better for your joints, can make graphite superior to steel. And considering popular steel shafts are $40-70 while comparable graphite options from Recoil and Steelfiber are in the same price range, cost is no longer a factor. And lastly since most Am swings compare much less to the PGA and more to the LPGA (and some pretty big hitters using Steelfiber shafts in their irons) considering graphite in your next set of irons seems like a no brainer to me. 

I wholeheartedly agree. Graphite isn't the graphite of 20 years ago. Technology is so different these days, not just in heads but maybe even more so in the shafts. Every time I see YT reviews on graphite shafts, one of the main differences I see is dispersion which is always tighter on graphite. There are so many options out there now with all the different types of EI profiles, pretty much any golfer can find an option that fits their swing and needs. My DG120's are almost $40/shaft these days. I can get into most of the non-overpriced graphite options for around that or maybe just a little bit more. My elbows, wrists, and hands are pretty much demanding it now.

Driver: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver, 11.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g

I had Recoils put in my 2019 T300 irons and really liked them.  Went to a Titleist fitting and tried the T350's with the Recoils, Fubukis and Tenseis and liked the Recoils the best. I hit them higher, slightly longer, same spin but seemed more consistent. Just got them and will put them to the test. 

Driver- Ping G430 9 degree senior

3 wd- Ping G425 15.0 senior

5 wd- Ping G400 17.5 senior

4 hybrid- Ping  G425 22 degree senior

5 hybrid- Ping G-425 26 degree senior

6-pw- 2023 T350 Recoil ESX 460-F2

Gap, Sand - Vokey SM6, SM9 

Scotty GoLo 5 Center shaft

MGI AT Navigator Cart

24 minutes ago, chisag said:

It's still that stigma or macho attitude that people won't use Maxfli balls or refuse to hit a distance long iron and/or only play blades. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

41 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

My dad had them in his TM M4's and has them in his 0211XCOR2's now and he loves them. I hear a lot of good things about them even though MMT and Steelfiber seem to get all the notice. Now that Recoils come in over 100g options, I'm definitely going there first then to MMT/Steelfiber. I've even seen a HZRDUS Black option lately, which is awesome since HZRDUS is all I play in woods/hybrids.

Actually, Recoil iron shafts have been available in 110 and 125 gram versions since almost the very beginning of the Recoil history (more than 10 years, for sure). It's just that the golf equipment "catalog stores" only offered them as a custom order option because they had very little demand for the heavier-weight graphite composite iron shafts from UST Mamiya, Aerotech (SteelFibers), and other manufacturers.  I know this because I was a UST Mamiya TourSPX Fitter/Dealer for more than 10 years and prior to that I worked for Golfsmith as a Clubmaker/Trainer/Manager from the mid-late 1990s through early 2000s.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

3 minutes ago, jdparker said:

It's still that stigma or macho attitude that people won't use Maxfli balls or refuse to hit a distance long iron and/or only play blades. 

... I played with two of my financial advisors Saturday and both are in their late 20's. They both play ProV1's and would never play "Cheap Maxfli's*" and use MB's. Probably 50 yds longer than me off the tee, so it really chapped their bee-hinds when I joined them at the tips for 9 holes and the other 9 holes from my tees. No better feeling than hitting a driver on a 377yd hole while they hit 3 woods leaving them just a few yds ahead of me, then sticking an 8 iron with my "forgiving" King Tours while they miss the green with their MB's. One told me on the first tee "Today is gonna be a battle Old Man and it ain't gonna be pretty". On #13 and down by 6 strokes he declared "Battle Over so I'm switching my focus to drinking now". 🤣  

* after the round I gave him a "Cheap Maxfli's" because he wanted to try them.  

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... I played with two of my financial advisors Saturday and both are in their late 20's. They both play ProV1's and would never play "Cheap Maxfli's*" and use MB's. Probably 50 yds longer than me off the tee, so it really chapped their bee-hinds when I joined them at the tips for 9 holes and the other 9 holes from my tees. No better feeling than hitting a driver on a 377yd hole while they hit 3 woods leaving them just a few yds ahead of me, then sticking an 8 iron with my "forgiving" King Tours while they miss the green with their MB's. One told me on the first tee "Today is gonna be a battle Old Man and it ain't gonna be pretty". On #13 and down by 6 strokes he declared "Battle Over so I'm switching my focus to drinking now". 🤣  

Haha!!!  Exactly!  Shoot half the pro's are playing much more forgiving clubs these days.  Technology has come so far, why wouldn't you want to take advantage of it if it improves your game.  Other than ego of course.

2 minutes ago, jdparker said:

Haha!!!  Exactly!  Shoot half the pro's are playing much more forgiving clubs these days.  Technology has come so far, why wouldn't you want to take advantage of it if it improves your game.  Other than ego of course.

... I think a real eye opener for some should be Rickie Fowler that has played small headed MB's his entire life and switched to more forgiving Players Irons this year with the King Tours and has had a career resurgence. He basically said the same thing "why wouldn't I want the same accuracy with some added forgiveness?"  

2 minutes ago, jdparker said:

Ego and stupidity - 2 worst things for playing golf well. As you say, a lot of pros have gone away from MB and into CB's or similar. They may have an MB or two in the "scoring" clubs, but really nothing else. And why would they. CB's are as accurate and consistent as anything else with more forgiveness.

I'm actually looking to step back to GI's as I work on my swing with my coach. I may only utilize player's irons in scoring irons, PD in mid irons, and GI in long irons (T150/T200/T350 type combo) in order to get the most forgiveness where it's needed most.

Ego left me a long time ago in this game.

8 minutes ago, chisag said:

I guess he missed one of the main rules of a battle “never underestimate your opponent”. 

Play like a champion today!

4 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I think a real eye opener for some should be Rickie Fowler that has played small headed MB's his entire life and switched to more forgiving Players Irons this year with the King Tours and has had a career resurgence. He basically said the same thing "why wouldn't I want the same accuracy with some added forgiveness?"  

There are a few of them that have said the same thing.  

4 minutes ago, Javs said:

I guess he missed one of the main rules of a battle “never underestimate your opponent”. 

... Haha it really gets to him because he has never beaten me even though he is more physically talented but he doesn't always make the right course management. Perfect example is after a big drive on a par 5 he had 210 to the pin with his ball sitting above his feet on a sidehill lie with water on the left side coming around to cover about 1/4 of the front. I had 225 and hit a choked up 3 wood just right of the green while he had a 5 iron and turned it over a little going right at the flag and it ended up in the water with a little right to left wind. Had he aimed for just right of the green he probably would have had a 10 foot eagle putt or worst case been in the light rough for an easy chip or putt. I come away with a birdie and after dropping and a mediocre pitch, he had a bogie. He easily has the talent to birdie that hole every time but just doesn't make the smartest choices. He certainly has the ability to stick his 5 iron from 210 but with water left front, has no business going right at that flag. 

4 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Haha it really gets to him because he has never beaten me even though he is more physically talented but he doesn't always make the right course management. Perfect example is after a big drive on a par 5 he had 210 to the pin with his ball sitting above his feet on a sidehill lie with water on the left side coming around to cover about 1/4 of the front. I had 225 and hit a choked up 3 wood just right of the green while he had a 5 iron and turned it over a little going right at the flag and it ended up in the water with a little right to left wind. Had he aimed for just right of the green he probably would have had a 10 foot eagle putt or worst case been in the light rough for an easy chip or putt. I come away with a birdie and after dropping and a mediocre pitch, he had a bogie. He easily has the talent to birdie that hole every time but just doesn't make the smartest choices. He certainly has the ability to stick his 5 iron from 210 but with water left front, has no business going right at that flag. 

Course management and smart golf are very hard lessons to for many to learn! Probably why Phil never won a US Open! Often the most talented of players are taken out by their own hubris. 

Admittedly I am one of the players assuming i needed steel shafts and I am regretting it now.  Not as fast as I used to be and struggling with tension in my wrists.  

Getting fit for the t series in the next month or so and hope to get moved into some solid graphites shafts as well! 

Driver - TsR3 with Tour AD black 6x shaft

3wood - Cobra Speedzone 

3 and 4 Hybrid - Tsi2 

5 - P - Callaway Apex Pro 21

50/54/58 - Callaway Jaws Raw

3 minutes ago, Javs said:

Course management and smart golf are very hard lessons to for many to learn! Probably why Phil never won a US Open! Often the most talented of players are taken out by their own hubris. 

... I think playing QB was a big help for me when I started playing golf. There are times you can take a chance but just so many times that taking the under route, checking down to a RB or even throwing the ball away is the best option. Squeezing the ball into coverage can pay off sometimes but can really bite you other times. I found the same things hold true for golf. 

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I think playing QB was a big help for me when I started playing golf. There are times you can take a chance but just so many times that taking the under route, checking down to a RB or even throwing the ball away is the best option. Squeezing the ball into coverage can pay off sometimes but can really bite you other times. I found the same things hold true for golf. 

That’s probably why I would have made a lousy QB (I was pretty good at RB and WR, as well as Safety on defense). I’m too much of a risk-taker and would have been the “riverboat gambler” type of QB for sure.

I’ve finally learned to be more conservative on the golf course (at least, most of the time), and don’t “go for the gusto” too much any more.  However, if it’s not a competitive round, I will still try some high-risk shots just to see if I might be able to pull that type of shot off in competition.

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, chisag said:

Agree with you fully. A lifetime of other sports and the military as a combat leader taught me to evaluate the situation. I learned that you need to set the conditions for movement and aggressiveness can’t be reckless, but needs to be controlled aggression. You seize opportunity when it presents itself. I try to approach course management the same way. Set the best conditions for success. Seize the opportunity with controlled aggressiveness when the odds favor a successful result. Trying to hit a shot that has the same odds as winning the lottery is just crazy to me.

1 minute ago, Javs said:

Agree with you fully. A lifetime of other sports and the military as a combat leader taught me to evaluate the situation. I learned that you need to set the conditions for movement and aggressiveness can’t be reckless, but needs to be controlled aggression. You seize opportunity when it presents itself. I try to approach course management the same way. Set the best conditions for success. Seize the opportunity with controlled aggressiveness when the odds favor a successful result. Trying to hit a shot that has the same odds as winning the lottery is just crazy to me.

Probably (no, make that CERTAINLY) if I had made it through USMC OCS, I would have learned those same lessons.  I didn’t “wash out” of OCS; I had a spinal injury that was cause for an immediate Medical Discharge from the Corps.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

That’s probably why I would have made a lousy QB (I was pretty good at RB and WR, as well as Safety on defense). I’m too much of a risk-taker and would have been the “riverboat gambler” type of QB for sure.

I’ve finally learned to be more conservative on the golf course (at least, most of the time), and don’t “go for the gusto” too much any more.  However, if it’s not a competitive round, I will still try some high-risk shots just to see if I might be able to pull that type of shot off in competition.

... While not a riverboat gambler, I was pretty much called a gunslinger too Doug and my high school coach called knick named me "Shotgun" and not after the formation. I was far from a game manager but also understood game situations called for intelligent choices. If we were up by two scores I may take a chance on a deep ball to a covered WR after looking off the safety, but in a close game I am not taking that chance. I had a strong arm so I fit throws into some tight windows, as long as I felt my WR had the edge. I guess overly simplified in football and golf, there is a time to go for it and a time to be more conservative and those successful at both know the difference.   

3 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

Probably (no, make that CERTAINLY) if I had made it through USMC OCS, I would have learned those same lessons.  I didn’t “wash out” of OCS; I had a spinal injury that was cause for an immediate Medical Discharge from the Corps.

Yes, those are certainly part of the lessons taught there! 

4 minutes ago, Javs said:

... Well stated, I really love "controlled aggressiveness" 👍. A turning point for me was hearing Annika in her prime say she won't attempt a shot unless she has "at least an 80% chance of pulling it off". And of course most Ams attempt a shot they have an 80% of NOT pulling it iff. 

Update from today’s range session:

I’m back to considering the gap between the T150 8 iron and the T200 7 iron, but for slightly different reasons.

The T150 is still a wonderful club and a joy to hit.IMG_1668.jpeg

Averaging 157 yards carry is fine.

The 7 however, may be too hot

IMG_1669.jpeg

the carry gap between the 2 today was 21 yards, as well as the fact I’ve never considered my 7 iron a viable option on a 195 yard hole, but if this keeps up, I may have to

WITB:

D: :ping-small: G430 Max 10k ping 2.0 65s

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 Kai Li White 70x

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-7i:  :titleist-small: T200 recoil 110 s

7i-PW: :titleist-small: T150 recoil 110 s

52°, 56° & 60°: Kirkland V2 

P:   :cameron-small: Special Select Del Mar

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

I’ve come to learn not to read too much into the total distance number and focus more on the carry number. At least that’s the case for me. Even on the firmest of greens I don’t get 25’-35’ of roll out with my short or mid irons. That would still mean a pretty significant gap in carry between the 7 and 8 but not so crazy that it can't be accounted for on a course. How do these numbers compare for you IRL compared to the launch monitor?

Edited by Preeway
typo

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

7 hours ago, Ben Joest said:

Update from today’s range session:

I’m back to considering the gap between the T150 8 iron and the T200 7 iron, but for slightly different reasons.

The T150 is still a wonderful club and a joy to hit.IMG_1668.jpeg

Averaging 157 yards carry is fine.

The 7 however, may be too hot

IMG_1669.jpeg

the carry gap between the 2 today was 21 yards, as well as the fact I’ve never considered my 7 iron a viable option on a 195 yard hole, but if this keeps up, I may have to

Did you leave it the 5.5 degree difference between the 7I t200 and 8I t150?  If so, could have the loft weakened a touch to bring that gap down.