Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

L.A.B. GOLF BY TPT GOLF - anyone had hands on yet?

G0al3d

I talked briefly to LAB about it and they said if money isn't an issue, TPT is the way to go but if you need to save a bit of $$, the Accra shaft is very good. 

I would imagine if you're going over length for arm lock or broom, tpt is the way to go, that's what I see Pros using. For std length, I would imagine the Accra is suitable. My upcoming Mezz max will have the Accra in it at 34". 

They also told me another Accra shaft will be available for custom options soon for $150. Stiffer than the current one, although I still can't really find conclusive evidence that stiffer = better. I've used the Uber stuff Fuji putter shaft and I thought it was horrible. 

Tsr2 Ventus TR Blue

Tsi3 Ventus TR Blue

Tsr2 Ventus TR Blue

0211 ST 4-GW Axiom 125

Mizuno T22

Flat stick - who knows

14 minutes ago, z1ggy16 said:

that's what I see Pros using. 

Stiffer than the current one, although I still can't really find conclusive evidence that stiffer = better. I've used the Uber stuff Fuji putter shaft and I thought it was horrible. 

I would suggest ignoring what the pros use.  The majority of them just play golf and have ZERO equipment knowledge and based on discussions play simply what feels good.   

Just like our other clubs stiffer isnt always better.   The way the shaft feels influences how you swing the putter.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I was able to use the TPT shaft in my Meez Max for the first time on the course this past weekend while on vacation in Orlando. I do feel the weight of the putter is definitively more distributed throughout the shaft. I felt like my old Accra shaft most of the weight was near the head of the putter. I like the more even-weighted feel of the TPT waaaaaaaaay more. I do feel like my distance control was a little bit better, which was what I needed personally, as I have a better sense of the impact the putter head will have due to the even-weight. Subjectively, I felt the ball was "softer" off the putter head with the TPT shaft, not sure how to exactly define or describe. I liked the feeling, but some people may describe it as not being able to "feel" the ball when they strike it. I use a very firm ball (Left Dash ProV1x). Overall, I putted well (after the first hole on each course after not going to the practice green at either course) in both rounds. I am okay with the money I spent to reshaft my Meez Max putter. I can see it being worth it for those that like a more evenly weighted shaft and have a few hundred dollars to burn. If you dont have a few hundred dollars to burn, I could see some people complaining about their purchase. In the end, I wouldnt think twice about sticking with the TPT shaft over the Accra shaft. TPT for me!!!

Edited by Sherlock

"Stay in the short grass"

I can say unequivocally I love this putter and now that I have had some time to adjust to everything it's just so freaking good. I have so much confidence now, I expect vs. hope putts drop. Lag putting is much improved and even on slight miss hits ball goes on line. This thing is just magic. The TPT shaft took some adjustment from a weight perspective, its much lighter overall than the steel shaft you would swing in a store. The feel is incredible though and you can really feel when you do or do not strike the ball pure. That said the DF 2.1 head is SO forgiving it doesn't matter nearly as much as it did with my SIK Flo C. Did this thing cost a small fortune? Yes! Was it worth it? 10000% and my score cards show it. The guys that I play with regularly have just been shaking their heads at some of the ridiculous putts i have holed over the last few weeks. I think the biggest thing for me (and I know a lot of people say this) was just getting out of the putters way and just let it do its thing. Once you trust that its gonna go on line, you just rock your shoulders and the putter does the rest...its insane. Having only tested the steel shaft in the store vs the TPT shaft I can tell you it does make a difference. It probably is more of a factor on the other smaller heads than the DF 2.1, but the feel is really really nice. I'm of the mindset that you use your putter more than any other club so investing money in something that improves things even a little bit is probably money well spent. YMMV 🙂

What's in my ping-Ti.png.6cd5b395c0cff9084e0a161b65c03b28.png Pioneer Bag:

Driver: ping-Ti.png.6cd5b395c0cff9084e0a161b65c03b28.png G430 Max 10k 9* (fujikra.png.8382fa5c997744d5f1292f9e8f7a8183.png Speeder NX 50s)

3 & 7 Woods: ping-Ti.png.6cd5b395c0cff9084e0a161b65c03b28.png G430 Max (fujikra.png.8382fa5c997744d5f1292f9e8f7a8183.png Speeder NX 60s/70s)

3 & 4 Hybrids: ping-Ti.png.6cd5b395c0cff9084e0a161b65c03b28.png G430 (KBS Tour Prototype Hybrid 75r) 

5 - PW Irons: mizuno-png-file-mizuno-logo-svg-1280-Ti.png.126a6588b3a078798a2ef7665da37175.png Pro 243 (KBS $ Taper 120s)

Wedges: cleveland-Ti.png.75bbccb15db6b4f1af15544ff6d82299.png RTX-6 50*/54* (mid) CBX&RTX Full-Face2 58*

Putter: lablogo_small_stacked.png.6384fc480e5c02d0a2a3ce2194f2fc8a.png DF 2.1 TPT shaft

Ball: Titleist ProV1

arccos.png.b5139ec0e8590e6219c1043121e31b84.png

On 11/28/2023 at 8:28 AM, Sherlock said:

@ole grayIt cost me total of $549 ($399 for the shaft and $150 for the labor).

Shipping would be another cost to consider. As of now, I would be afraid to change shafts due to I'm more confident now with my putter than I ever have been in my life. 😍 I've had two round in the 20's (putt count) and my last round putt count was 30 which I felt was off.  Before getting the LAB broom I would take 30 putts in a skinny minute!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

The cost of shipping the putter to Oregon was pricey from Illinois, I think another $50-$60.

Thats fantastic!! You definitely want to stick with whatever you are comfortable with. “The grass isnt always greener…” But for me, I was willing to take the chance, that at bare minimum, the TPT wouldnt be any worse than the Accra shaft. I was okay with the “financial loss” if it wasnt better. Luckily it worked out and I am super happy about exploring the unknown!! 

• 1 month later...

Shipped mine off yesterday for a TPT shaft. I’m going to miss her for the next few weeks! 🥲

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleveland

You are going to love it! I guarantee it!! Lol

Sounds like a plan!

Cleveland

• 4 weeks later...

My putter finally came back today with the new TPT shaft! I’ll be heading to the course for some practice in a couple of hours. I’ll give my initial impression when I return. I realize it will take a few reps during actual play to see the complete results so that too will be coming.

I have three rounds coming up this week so stayed tuned!

Cleveland

Ok so after spending 30 minutes on the practice green I have two observations from my new shaft.  The first is instant feedback when not striking the ball on the sweet spot. Secondly a much firmer feel with the TPT vs the Accra.  I think I'm in love but we'll see after I get it on the course tomorrow. 😍

Cleveland

5 minutes ago, ole gray said:

Ok so after spending 30 minutes on the practice green I have two observations from my new shaft.  The first is instant feedback when not striking the ball on the sweet spot. Secondly a much firmer feel with the TPT vs the Accra.  I think I'm in love but we'll see after I get it on the course tomorrow. 😍

Awesome!! Guaranteed you’d love it!! Enjoy!!

1 hour ago, ole gray said:

Secondly a much firmer feel with the TPT vs the Accra. 

I would agree; which is why I don't like the TPT shaft.  I like a softer feel.

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I would agree; which is why I don't like the TPT shaft.  I like a softer feel.

I never made more one putts in my life than I did with the Accra. It will be interesting to see what happens this week with the TPT

Cleveland

@cnosil Did you try the TPT in a Broom?

Cleveland

12 minutes ago, ole gray said:

@cnosil Did you try the TPT in a Broom?

No,  tried it in a regular length DF3.   

No,  tried it in a regular length DF3.   

I don’t know as I’ve not tried a LAB in regular length but I’m hoping the stiffer profile will suit a broom better.

Cleveland

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

Ended up getting the DF3 with TPT shaft! Only rolled a few putts indoors, but so far I like it!! Will keep you posted if I like it better than my Meez.1 max with TPT and white Link.1 with accra shaft.

3 LAB putters !  Great Scot!  Find me if you want to get rid of one!

🙃

I've had several rounds with the TPT shaft and I'm 100% satisfied! 😍 Just saying it feels great in a broom and I have zero buyer remorse.  I had to sell off two plow mules and a fat cat but it's well worth it 😉

Cleveland

Well, I thought it was a lifetime commitment as I've been a habitual three-jacker for several decades however since gaming my LAB Mezz Max broom, three putts are now a rarity.  I'll be leaving the support group! 😁

ThreePutt.jpeg.023a74869f77d1db0db0563778466d71.jpeg

Cleveland

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty excited about getting my DF 3 as its going to be green 34" (L) alignment but instead of the TPT shaft I went with the BGT Stability Tour ONE as my last 3 putters Odessey 2 ball Bettinardi Inova and my Enroll EV 2  have all been Stability shafts as yes both the BGT and TPT are a bit pricey but I have never regretted having one. I have another 4-5 weeks before mine will arrive as I'm planning for the DF 3 to be my go to putter for 2024 as it's still pretty cold up here in Ohio. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G430 Max 10 w/OBAN KIYOSHI Purple Tour Reserve 45

3W: :callaway-small:  Paradym Ai Smoke Max D w/GD AD CQ5

5/7 W: :callaway-small:  Paradym w/ :projectx:HZRDS 60

all woods have CPX grips

5 thru PW : 😍 :ping-small: BP S w/ i70 SteelFiber black Label PR shafts

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  RTX 6 Full face 48*, 54* w/ i95 SteelFiber shafts

All irons have WINN DRI-TAC LT grips

Puter: 😍 :L.A.B.: GREEN DF3 w/Black 34" w/ BGT Stability ONE w/Press II 3 grip

(Back-up):EVNROLL:  E2 34" w/ BGT Stability Fire shaft midsize Black Pure Grip

I'm pretty excited about getting my DF 3 as its going to be green 34" (L) alignment but instead of the TPT shaft I went with the BGT Stability Tour ONE as my last 3 putters Odessey 2 ball Bettinardi Inova and my Enroll EV 2  have all been Stability shafts as yes both the BGT and TPT are a bit pricey but I have never regretted having one. I have another 4-5 weeks before mine will arrive as I'm planning for the DF 3 to be my go to putter for 2024 as it's still pretty cold up here in Ohio. 

Congrats and enjoy!

Cleveland

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any insights to counterbalancing this putter? I have the DF 2.1 and that was not a customization option, but I’ve always wondered what it would do for this large head. And now they offer counterbalancing for the smaller head. Can someone please enlighten me as to the change in feel this provides?

My 2.1 came in at just under $800 … this configuration for me, is over $1k. BUT, I still think it’s worth every penny.  

I like the large head of the 2.1 because it’s in peoples faces … it intimidates some of our league members. For this reason, I think I would go with Barbie Pink, just to get in their head again.

IMG_3451.jpeg

Edited by B_R_A_D_Y
Added pic

:titelist-small: TSi3 #1-3-5 all with Tensi Blue S-flex

:callaway-small: 2019 Apex Pro black 3 & 4H Catalyst 70 or    

:titelist-small: TSi3 #2-3 depending on how I’m playing. Tensi Blue

:callaway-small: 2019 Calloway Apex Pro black, 5-PW, Catalyst 100 - 6.0, Super Stroker Jumbo   

:cobra-small:  2020 RadSpeed OL 4H, 5-GW … won’t get to actually use till warmer weather

:callaway-small: 2019 PM-grind, 56° & 60°, KBS steel, Green Cap

:taylormade-small: Blue Spider EX

:titelist-small: Pro V1X

37 minutes ago, B_R_A_D_Y said:

Does anyone have any insights to counterbalancing this putter?

If you follow the theory that putters matter, counterbalancing a putter helps offset the weight of heavier heads, makes the putter more stable, and improves distance control.   This approach will work for some players and not for others as each player has different feels and needs.  We could also go with the theory that counterbalanced putters won on tour over the past year and as a result we as players a think that is what we need to putt better.    LAB putters are not different from any other putter in what counterbalancing does.      

23 minutes ago, cnosil said:

If you follow the theory that putters matter, 

🤣 I agree … 85+yr old at our club could still shoot par if he wasn’t too proud to play our gold tees (closest) … and he still putts lights out with a bullseye from the early 1970s ($25 in a barrel of putters). Although, I must add that he started caddying at the club when he was 10. So he knows the greens like the back of his hand. Anyway … thx. You are a gentleman & a scholar. 

:titelist-small: TSi3 #1-3-5 all with Tensi Blue S-flex

:callaway-small: 2019 Apex Pro black 3 & 4H Catalyst 70 or    

:titelist-small: TSi3 #2-3 depending on how I’m playing. Tensi Blue

:callaway-small: 2019 Calloway Apex Pro black, 5-PW, Catalyst 100 - 6.0, Super Stroker Jumbo   

:cobra-small:  2020 RadSpeed OL 4H, 5-GW … won’t get to actually use till warmer weather

:callaway-small: 2019 PM-grind, 56° & 60°, KBS steel, Green Cap

:taylormade-small: Blue Spider EX

:titelist-small: Pro V1X

Just like the topic states, anyone have hands on with the new TPT shaft from LAB golf? I have an LA Golf shaft on my current SIK putter and I love it, and I'm about to order a DF 2.1 and I'm hung up on if I want to do the LA Golf shaft again or take the plunge on the TPT tech? I know alllll of this is based on feels basically so its super subjective but i would welcome any input here. I reached out to LAB golf directly of course but hope there are some others here who might be able to weigh in. 

I just ordered from the outlet a Link 1 with the LA golf shaft. I’m stoked as I did not like the feel of the steel shaft when testing at the PGA Superstore.

Do we know any difference between the TPT and the LA Golf?

Driver:  default_taylormade-small.jpg.9a874ad8a996841fc076f0c36de3537c.jpg Qi 10 - 10.5
Fairway Wood -  default_taylormade-small.jpg.9a874ad8a996841fc076f0c36de3537c.jpg Stealth 2 - 3 wood
Hybrid -  default_titelist-small.jpg.db420c3ca36fac3a72e048cee087d037.jpg TSR2 - 3 Hybrid
Irons -  default_titelist-small.jpg.774a89cdc5052751964944dfd89f4abe.jpg T150 4-GW
Wedges -  default_titelist-small.jpg.7a2037dc2c74ab24da80e97ff0dceb44.jpg SM10 54, SM10 60
Putter -  default_cameron-small.gif.603e4137dddf8c72d055583ca8fdcf8e.gif Phantom 5
Ball -  default_titelist-small.jpg.0f1f98b946a5d5ccfbd4befb41c0a2f6.jpg True-Feel