Testers Wanted! Takomo Long Game Clubs ×

MyGolfSpy: State of the Forum (Monthly Updates)

Already the best golf site on the web! Looking forward to the new look, and more good things to come.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Madison bats -

Driver - Callaway Mavrik 10.5*, Reg 55 gram Riptide

3W - Taylor Rocket Ballz 15* R

5W - Taylor Rocket Balls 19* 

Hybrid 22* Rocket Balls R, 25* Hyper Speed R

Irons - 6-P Titleist AP2 712 S TT Gold Hi Launch

W 52, 56, 60 Vokey SM6

The amount of posts is truly incredible…don’t check for a few hours because work gets in the way and come back to a significant number of updates.  It’s hard to keep up with everything!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Thanks for your comments on the Forum, Jamie. As a long time member I have seen the small group of regulars turn into a very large group of Spies.  Keep up the great work and let’s get this forum rolling along.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

4 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

The amount of posts is truly incredible…don’t check for a few hours because work gets in the way and come back to a significant number of updates.  It’s hard to keep up with everything!

You ate not.wromg!  I leave for a few hours and had 120 notifications!!!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

March Recap For The MyGolfSpy Forum

Another month has come and gone and another batch of milestones have been hit. 

A core part of what I believe in for this community is to be open and transparent with all of you. This is a community of like-minded golfers after all and it takes all of us to make this community what it is. While I may not be able to completely open up everything (testing schedule) I want all of you to be as informed as you can be so you can continue to help us grow and contribute in the ways that are best for you. 

Posting

To give everyone a better idea of the high the forum is on I am going to leave this graph for you all to check out. 

image.png

There a ton of new members here now, but it is worth noting a few things in regards to these numbers. 

First of all - This graph is number of posts per month from the forums creation back in 2010. No surprise we see a boost in 2019/2020 during the pandemic. The hidden aspect of this is the previous system for registering for a test was the requirement to make a post within the thread. This artificially inflated numbers - imagine all the registrations now being posts. 

We had a big dip in 2021 into 2022. A number of things attributed to this which is a story for another day. However a portion of this dip is the new testing registration system was introduced as well as for some who remember the reviews were also posted here. It meant that a lot of comments were not counted. 

Late summer 2022 we had another big change over in staff and the crew that you have today really got to work in making changes and strides to improving the platform we have here. 2023 the forum team started managing and running forum testing and we saw a big jump. 

So with that said - this month we had 18k plus posts. Two thousand more than any other month ever in the forums history. Thank you! It is truly astonishing to see the level of activity on the forum now and I am even more excited to see how things continue to progress when we get into the meat of the golfing season. 

New Members

Next up is registrations for the forum - same deal by month from start to today. 

image.png

A jump now, but clearly this is more consistent or not... what I can say from my end of looking at things is our baseline or floor has been raised significantly. This part is a whole team effort, from HQ promotions, Forum staff socials and a lot more. We are thrilled to see all the new members joining and participating. 

For socials it is equally impressive - Hayes and Mark have done a great job leading this project to the tune of near 10k followers and consistent posting. Proud of these guys and proud of what more we can do with this platform that we have. 

Member Testing

We know and recognize that this is a key pillar to our platform here on the forum. However it is also a key for MyGolfSpy as we are a stepping stone to getting various brands involved in the HQ space. This team effort has helped us gain new contacts, new opportunities, but also grow the variety of tests we bring to the forum. 

We take this responsibility seriously and bottom line is our testers have never had more pressure on them to perform and produce than before. Our expectations for every test is sky high - no matter how big or small the product.

Of course you have seen a lot more opportunities so far and that isn't about to stop. 

At the time of writing this we have 

April - 7 opportunities
May - 8 opportunities
June - 6  opportunities
July - 5 opportunities
August - 3 opportunities
September - 1 opportunity

There are still spaces to fill, but at least at this time we are putting the brakes on to wait till fill later spots. Still having a lot of conversations, but we are not pushing to fill those spots for a little while. Most companies prefer to go asap. 

As a rough value we have provided just over $33,000 worth of equipment to our members for testing. Not bad! 

We will continue to work at getting new members involved, we continue to try and get worldwide testing opportunities for everyone and we continue to try and make them have value to you the community and consumer. Bringing new brands, different ideas and of course some of the most popular items out there. 

At last look we will be needing close to 300 members for testing this season. 

Other Features Etc 

We are still working on a few other projects which will be introduced soon, but in terms of March here are some of the highlights. 

MGS Forum VCT updates - The whole system is being revamped to make it more inclusive for all. 

Trophy Room - This is a big part it and we will soon have a Trophy Room for each profile when they are awarded the various Trophies. 

Community Map - Still TBD on this - if you really truly miss it let us know. We need to gather whether it is worth the investment or not. 

BST - Back up and running (sorry about that delay). 

FAQ - Updating to make various sections relevant and adding in new areas to help members. 

Masters Theme - Up and running! 

Wrap Up

So that is about it for March. Sure I missed a few things along the way, but it was an incredible month. I am very much looking forward to April and see how we progress. Thanks to the forum staff for doing all that you do and working hard to keep this place moving forward. Thank you to the members for making it more active and lively. 

As always if you have more questions or anything please do not hesitate to reach out! 

Are you someone who wants to look at taking a small step into an expanded role? Let me know about it in a PM and we can chat about getting you involved in our focus group!

This is a fantastic summary…love to see the community growth and active participation.  My only regret is not finding MGS sooner!

Again, none of this would be possibly without the great team of moderators working…so, thank you!

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

Hazaaah, hazahhh!!  Thanks for sharing the stats and the direction the forum is moving.  Keeping us spies informed, is another part that I enjoy about being a member here. 

I thought you were done???

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

These updates have been one of MANY great improvements over the recent years. 

Thank you for the clarity and the great work. I love my MGS time and it’s only getting better 😊

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

A core part of what I believe in for this community is to be open and transparent with all of you. This is a community of like-minded golfers after all and it takes all of us to make this community what it is. While I may not be able to completely open up everything (testing schedule) I want all of you to be as informed as you can be so you can continue to help us grow and contribute in the ways that are best for you. 

Posting

To give everyone a better idea of the high the forum is on I am going to leave this graph for you all to check out. 

image.png

There a ton of new members here now, but it is worth noting a few things in regards to these numbers. 

First of all - This graph is number of posts per month from the forums creation back in 2010. No surprise we see a boost in 2019/2020 during the pandemic. The hidden aspect of this is the previous system for registering for a test was the requirement to make a post within the thread. This artificially inflated numbers - imagine all the registrations now being posts. 

We had a big dip in 2021 into 2022. A number of things attributed to this which is a story for another day. However a portion of this dip is the new testing registration system was introduced as well as for some who remember the reviews were also posted here. It meant that a lot of comments were not counted. 

Late summer 2022 we had another big change over in staff and the crew that you have today really got to work in making changes and strides to improving the platform we have here. 2023 the forum team started managing and running forum testing and we saw a big jump. 

So with that said - this month we had 18k plus posts. Two thousand more than any other month ever in the forums history. Thank you! It is truly astonishing to see the level of activity on the forum now and I am even more excited to see how things continue to progress when we get into the meat of the golfing season. 

New Members

Next up is registrations for the forum - same deal by month from start to today. 

image.png

A jump now, but clearly this is more consistent or not... what I can say from my end of looking at things is our baseline or floor has been raised significantly. This part is a whole team effort, from HQ promotions, Forum staff socials and a lot more. We are thrilled to see all the new members joining and participating. 

For socials it is equally impressive - Hayes and Mark have done a great job leading this project to the tune of near 10k followers and consistent posting. Proud of these guys and proud of what more we can do with this platform that we have. 

Member Testing

We know and recognize that this is a key pillar to our platform here on the forum. However it is also a key for MyGolfSpy as we are a stepping stone to getting various brands involved in the HQ space. This team effort has helped us gain new contacts, new opportunities, but also grow the variety of tests we bring to the forum. 

We take this responsibility seriously and bottom line is our testers have never had more pressure on them to perform and produce than before. Our expectations for every test is sky high - no matter how big or small the product.

Of course you have seen a lot more opportunities so far and that isn't about to stop. 

April - 7 opportunities
May - 8 opportunities
June - 6  opportunities
July - 5 opportunities
August - 3 opportunities

There are still spaces to fill, but at least at this time we are putting the brakes on to wait till fill later spots. Still having a lot of conversations, but we are not pushing to fill those spots for a little while. Most companies prefer to go asap. 

As a rough value we have provided just over $33,000 worth of equipment to our members for testing. Not bad! 

We will continue to work at getting new members involved, we continue to try and get worldwide testing opportunities for everyone and we continue to try and make them have value to you the community and consumer. Bringing new brands, different ideas and of course some of the most popular items out there. 

Other Features Etc 

We are still working on a few other projects which will be introduced soon, but in terms of March here are some of the highlights. 

MGS Forum VCT updates - The whole system is being revamped to make it more inclusive for all. 

Trophy Room - This is a big part it and we will soon have a Trophy Room for each profile when they are awarded the various Trophies. 

Community Map - Still TBD on this - if you really truly miss it let us know. We need to gather whether it is worth the investment or not. 

FAQ - Updating to make various sections relevant and adding in new areas to help members. 

Wrap Up

So that is about it for March. Sure I missed a few things along the way, but it was an incredible month. I am very much looking forward to April and see how we progress. Thanks to the forum staff for doing all that you do and working hard to keep this place moving forward. Thank you to the members for making it more active and lively. 

As always if you have more questions or anything please do not hesitate to reach out! 

Are you someone who wants to look at taking a small step into an expanded role? Let me know about it in a PM and we can chat about getting you involved in our focus group!

Transparency with end users is paramount to any organization flourishing. Seeing this and the fact that the MGS staff is so involved and willing to listen, doesn't surprise me when growth happens to this scale. Well done folks! 

Callaway Rogue ST max driver (Tour Ad IZ-6)

Cobra LTD-X 3 and 5 wood (Tour AD UB-6)

PXG 0317 X Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue)

PXG Gen 6 P 5-G irons (Mitsubishi MMT)

PXG 0311 Forged wedges (Mitsubishi MMT)

Ping Tein 4 putter

blessed beyond measure. 

Shoutout to the MGS team who have continued to push towards an improved experience and community for us all. Can't wait to see where we go from here!

Current WITB:

Bag: image_2024-02-27_104948566.png.b92168231016d467eb3d016dba2075b9.png MV2 Golf Bag

Driver:  image.png G425  Max 9.0º, Graphite Design Tour AD VR-6S

Fairway: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png TSR2 3 wood 15º, Ventus Red 7S, image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png TSR1 5 wood 18º, Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW Blue 65S

Driving Iron: image.png G425 Crossover 2-iron 18º, Aldila Rogue 95TS Graphite 

Irons: image.png.b5950bd367d637859d211fef578a14af.png MP-54 (4-P), Project X 6.0S

Wedges: TM23WDG-MG4-Stacked-Color-OnLight-v1-1024x410.png.ac724a75349db558663486b0cf600638.png 50.09 SB, 54.11 SB, 58.11 SB

Putter: image.png.2a889a80c6a733b582bbac9dbc3cecf2.png California Del Mar, 34.5 Sweet Rollz "Safari" Midsize Grip

Ball: image.png.52cb58764bddc9c00ba3060db6a87cc7.png Tour B XS

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Posting

image.png

New Members

image.png

Member Testing

April - 7 opportunities
May - 8 opportunities
June - 6  opportunities
July - 5 opportunities
August - 3 opportunities

Other Features Etc 

Wrap Up

Amazing to see the growth of the forum and the transparency shown by the staff. This is a testament to the mods and what makes this place so great. Amazing work all!

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1 (currently testing the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track)

Reviews:

2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Official Forum Test

2023 Mizuno Long Game Official Forum Test

I have said it before and I will say it again, thank you all for the hard work that the forum staff puts in to keeping this place running and growing!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Phenomenal growth! The effort and focus put forth by the staff, and the engagement of the members has created the best golf forum experience available. 

Thanks to everyone who plays a role in keeping the My Golf Spy Forum improving and growing!

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

Great to see the efforts of the MGS forum staff paying measurable dividends.

More members, more threads, posts, and still the great camaraderie that makes the forum a friendly place where everyone kind of looks out for the other members, to answer questions, provide assistance, and most of all offer an opportunity for personal interaction.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

7 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Still a few minutes left in "the day" it ends at 6am my time - but my goodness you all crushed it today!

image.png

I woke up this morning and had 11 PMs to respond to and another 34 notifications! This place freaking rocks!

Great day of activity!

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

Still a few minutes left in "the day" it ends at 6am my time - but my goodness you all crushed it today!

image.png

I woke up this morning and had 11 PMs to respond to and another 34 notifications! This place freaking rocks!

Wowzer!  Great day!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

image.png

Fantastic figures!!!!

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik 3 hybrid 

Irons: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik  4-AW,

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws MD5 50 and 56 wedges

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

IMG_5085.jpeg

I've tried to do various comparisons over the years but it's really hard given the change which was made to signing up for tests. That happened sometime in 2021 and for about a year (maybe a little more) reviews were also posted within this platform. It created separation between the forum posts which are counted and all the member testing posts. 

There are essentially eras for the forum with the beginning being from 2010 to early 2016. This saw some growth but was a slower period. From 2016-19 there was more growth and many of the things that are here today come from this era. 2020 was it's own beast for obvious reasons then the 2021-2022 was another separate era with well a lot. From 2023 on is what I would consider the current era. 

I don't know the whole history of the forum as I have only been here since 2016, but have definitely seen my fair share of ups and downs within the forum. Where we are now is certainly a fantastic high which I hope continues!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)