Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Sluggos new bomber driver!

Sluggo42

Last year I spent the small fortune on a new a Titleist TSr2 at 9°. Fit on a Tensi blue stiff shaft. It’s been pretty good, but I always wondered if a 10.5 might have been better. When I put a good lick on it, it does go well though, so no real worries, but my drives are always those stiff line drives than would go through a tree. So anyways, my curiosity got the better of me and I pulled the plug for a new driver at 10.5°. Played it today and what a show it put on, long towering blasts all day.

the shaft is a Tensi “grey”, I think. 65 gram stiff. Is there such a thing as a “grey” stripe? My Titleist is a “blue” stripe, and white was a consideration. I just don’t recall there being a “grey” band. Maybe it’s supposed to be white… I dunno..

so a few weeks ago in my garage SIM, I somehow snapped the shaft on my good old Mavrik. So I fiuered I’ll just to on eBay and snag me a used one, with a Callaway tip. So I started looking, and then I had the idea to just look for an old Callaway driver with the same tip, at a 10.5°, and then I could see how that flies compared to the 9° Mavrik.

so after a few days, I put down a bid on an old Callaway Alpha double black diamond, with the Tensi stiff shaft with the gray band. It won at $59…

Took it out on the track today to see how it works, and all I can say is wow. It’s longer and straighter than the billion dollar Titleist…

moral of this story is that when you stumble upon the perfect club, magic can happen…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes