Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Other “Range”: Lets talk guns

GolfSpy_SHARK

21 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Guys thx for all the info on safes .. better prepared to shop now 👍

The hardest part about owning a full size safe, is where to put it, and how to get it there!!! (And who is going to help you!!!)

An appliance dolly with a strap system works good, as long as it is not one of those aluminum ones.  I've snapped the toe slide on one. 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

7 minutes ago, Swood1994 said:

if you're planning on moving it yourself I highly recommend renting or buying an appliance dolly that's rated appropriately and has a kick stand. my safe empty is around 600lbs it took 3 guys a truck and a blown out back to get it in the house without said dolly...

Haha. We posted the same advice at the same time... iykyk !

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

On 2/24/2024 at 9:08 PM, Rob Person said:

I won't post pics or videos. But thank you for posting this thread. I know some will be "triggered" 😆  from this, but they have the option to not look either.

I got started in hunting in my teens, family rifles were used. Mossberg 12g pistol grip, a Winchester 308, 10g snake gun, couple different .22 rabbit poppers. Hunted moose, bear, coyote, hogs, deer. All sorts of fowl, small game,  etc. First skinning was a squirrel, and had to roast it on a stick and eat it.

It wasn't until my late 30s I began in Law Enforcement,  and by then, the world of defense had changed/progessed alot. We went through G17, G19, G27, and most recently a G43 as a backup piece. 

I've been through a dozen or so personal handguns, from 22s to 45s. Trades, swap sales, pawn shop specials, gun shows, etc. Currently my CCW consists of a few different 9mm's. The home intrusion deterrents are a few custom builds (that are 100% compliant), 2 rifles, a shotgun.  I also inherited a nice Ed Brown from my uncle. That gets taken out and used once a year, as a memorial to him.

I have 2 heavily wooded acres in back I use for "sighting" in, and "testing" different ammo. If I need more than 75 yards, my neighbor has 5 acres behind me.

I no longer hunt solo as it got darned expensive! Lot leases are not cheap here, nor are clubs. I do have opportunities to go through friends, but it's not a priority. 

Love the thread. I lost all of my guns in a fishing accident. Lost the boat too. I don’t recall what lake I was on or if it was in the gulf, the pacific or the Atlantic. Sorry, I have Zero guns. I’m envious of you all though! 
IMG_4218.gif.ad143c6eb22808806fc2ad07fd506aaf.gif

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 45” shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 44” shaft

Ping 425 Max 3 wood w/Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1 shaft

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons w/6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

PXG 311 Gen 3 52 & 56 Wedges w/ Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

May have to put on a seminar in this house! 3 feisty felines of our own, and a half dozen foster rescues at any given time.  Wonder if it's tax deductible? 🤔  🤣 

FB_IMG_1709780037321.jpg.577ca734f252c41c5f9e33039a6bcb41.jpg