What is your driver for 2024?

GolfSpy_APH

2016 TaylorMade M1 9 degree set to 7 degrees. Mitsubishi Tensie Pro orange 70TX shaft. GolfPride Tour Wrap white. 

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: bjohnson@northamericangolftour.com

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

Was fit for the TSR3 10 degree, with an Accra shaft and then 3 weeks later the GT's were released.  But just love the TSR.

WITB T3 Driver, T3 3 wood, 5 wood, hybrids, Mizuno 923 irons, vokey wedges, Scotty 009 putter

I sipped the Kool-aide and became obsessed with the 430 10K MAX.   I was convinced it was going to be what I needed to hit every fairway and have supreme confidence stepping into the tee box.   I got one off the rack because let's face it---it is supposed to be a point and shoot driver---same weight class black profile shaft that is super forgiving.   It started out great--impressive high, long, straight ball flight.   Then it seemed like a struggle to get contact, then things seemed to steadily go left....  It was me no doubt but we just weren't having fun together any more.

I looked at my TSR 3, swapped them in the bag and the next drive was a cute fade landing 10 feet left of bunker on the right side of the fairway.   A bunker that I was 30 yards short of all year.   

Yeah---the TSR3 and I are together again, but I have been hearing about this GT thing that I should keep my hands off of.....

• Driver--:titleist-small: TSr 3 -9* (B1) -Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6-X 
  • Fairway - image.png.d0176d18d9ceb1317233e258be95d3b7.png- G430Max 15*-Flat, 3 Wood Tour 2.0 Chrome stiff
  • Fairway - image.png.15c97d4865288e26d52bce8c57064167.png- G430MAX 20* (-1, flat) 7 Wood Tour 2.0 Chrome stiff
  • Hybrid - image.png.9e093926e300ff1030b63d07f1aa41b7.png- G430MAX 3 Hybrid (-1, Flat) Alta CB Stiff (looking for a new shaft)
  • UDI- :ping-small:- iCrossover Utility Driving 3 iron (18*, flat) UST Proforce V2 Stiff sometimes  :Sub70: -699 Pro 4 -22* Driving Iron UST Proforce V2 Stiff
  • Irons- :srixon-small:- ZX4 MK II 5-7, Srixon ZX5 8-P Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 105 X-Stiff
  • Wedges-  :cleveland-small:- RTX Zip Core 50*, 54* Nippon Modus 3 Wedge, 58* True Temper Dynamic Gold S400
  • Putter- :EVNROLL: - ER5v Short Slant
  • Ball-  Bridgestone Tour B X
  • Bag- :ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag
  • Clic Gear 4.0 push cart

image.png

image.png

My current & favorite  driver is a Callaway Paradym X, 9°Loft that I have adjusted -1°. IT has a 45.75” Project X EvenFlow Riptide 50 Graphite shaft. This was purchased in August 2023 and has been in my bag since. It has been an excellent replacement for the merry go round of drivers I've had over the previous years.

Paradym X_1.jpg

Paradym X_2.jpg

Driver: Callaway Paradym X

3Wd: Callaway Mavrik

Hy: Callaway Apex 21

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max OS 5-PW

Wedges: Mack Daddy 4 Matte 50°-10° (Bounce)& Jaws Full Toe Black 56°-12°

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Versa Double Wide

Taylormade Qi10, 9 degree dialed up to 9.5, with one of their standard option shafts, a regular Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 5. It's definitely more forgiving than the Callaway Epic Flash it replaced, though I'm not sure if it is quite as long if I manage to hit the sweet spot on each. I'm inconsistent enough that rarely happens, though. In general it's straighter, longer on mishits, and I get much better feedback in general. I did not get fitted.

Callaway Epic Flash Driver (9 degree), Callaway Mavrik 3W, Titlelist 910H 3h, Taylormade Speed Blade irons (4i-PW), Kirkland v1 wedges (52-56-60), Odyssey Versa 7 putter. All clubs R-flex

TourEdge 721 9.5º Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 60 Stiff.
If it aint broke...

TourEdge 721 9.5º Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 60 S
TourEdge 721Pro 15º Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Orange Graphite 75 S
Callaway Apex UW 19º Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 70 S
Mizuno JPX921 Irons 4-GW True Temper Project X Steel 6.0 S
Taylormade HiToe 54º & 58º KBS HiRev 2.0 115
Mizuno TP Mills Workshop Design II Putter
Vice Pro Plus

Well this is too funny as I started with the AiSmoke Max D, moved to the PING 430 10K, then TM Qi10 Max and waiting on the new Titleist GT 3, those are the only 4 I have ever been interested in. There is not one bad driver out there for there would be a very lengthy explanation of what all I like and dislike about each driver as I just wanted a driver with the most adjustability available so we will see in a few short weeks just how I feel at the end of the year. 

Driver:titleist-small: GT2 9*  w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 5 

3W :titleist-small: GT 2 13.5* W/ Graphite Design Tour AD-VF 5 

5W :taylormade-small: Qi10 w/ :Fuji: NX Speeder TCS 5

4H: :taylormade-small: Qi10 w/:Fuji: NX Speeder TCS 5

5 thru PW : 😍 :ping-small: i530 5-PW w/ :Fuji: AXIOM 75 shafts

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  RTX 6 Full face 48*, 54* w/ i95 SteelFiber shafts

Puter: 😍 :L.A.B.: GREEN DF3 w/Black 34" w/ BGT Stability ONE w/Press II 3 grip

(Back-up):EVNROLL:  E2 34" w/ BGT Stability Fire shaft midsize Black Pure Grip

Bag: :titleist-small: FOLDS of HONOR

23 hours ago, sellemental said:

Will be keeping the Srixon ZX7 with the stock smoke black shaft in the bag.   Tried to kick it out all winter and early season, but nothing I tried to finish it off.  

Sorry everyone, I wasn't completely honest with you, LOL!

I'm actually gaming the ZX7 MKII driver, and giant kudos to Srixon for it.

Late last year my ZX7 developed a rattle in the head.  I sent it in for warranty repair over the winter.  During the several weeks it was gone, I tried several different drivers but couldn't find one that delivered from one visit to the hitting bay to the next.  Even purchased 2 different used ones and ended up returning them.

Meanwhile, shortly after my repaired head was returned, I/we noticed the same rattle returned.  I contacted Srixon with my frustration, and they very quickly sent me a return label and shipped out the replacement head, upgraded to the latest model.  Been rocking it all season, and pretty well for the most part.  Here it is:

IMG_1433.jpg.8947e8c22e2a6ca8c5e6bd96fd74f953.jpg

:srixon-small:      ZX7 MKII  Driver 9.5 Stiff flex Smoke Black shaft

:taylormade-small:  3HL 17 Rocketballz Matrix Ozik Stiff

:wilson_staff_small:  C300 Hybrids 20. 23 Fujikura Speeder Stiff

:taylormade-small:   Stealth 5- PW Ventus Red 6-R

Screenshot2024-07-132_16_06PM.png.b5cba86d1671728aea26101cb7b4e4a9.pngEdison 49 and 55 degree wedges

:cleveland-small:  RTX 4  64/6 Raw Wedges

:EVNROLL:  ER5 CS 35 in putter

:ShotScope: V3 GPS Shot tracker watch

:OnCore:  OnCore Elixr

:BagBoy: Nitron Push Cart and Revolver XP cart bag

Currently gaming TSi4 9 degrees lofted down to 8.

Tested the GT4 a few days ago and it felt really nice but the shaft wasn't mine and I was spraying it (no warm up, no gloves) but I was hitting 270 on a miss hit and 320 on a center hit. Maybe I should bring my shaft and test it again...?

Driver :  TSi4 8 degrees with 7x Aldila Tour Blue

3W : Cobra LTD 13.5 degrees

Irons   4 - P : Sub70 639MB Plus with Dynamic gold x100

Back up irons    5 - P : Honma TW575 VX with Nippon Modus 105 S

Wedges : Cleveland RTX zipcore 50, 54, 58

Putter : Evenroll Zero

PXG 0211 10.5 loft on A flex Evnflo Riptide 40 gram blue.  Fitted 3 yr ago.  AM just now beginning to swing the long shaft clubs (driver , 3 w and 5 w) at same speed as my irons, so am just now beginning to hit this club properly.  By year end, I might treat myself to a fitting of the new Titleist, Ping, Cal, and TM whizbangs.  I also still use a 20 yr old Callaway 454 Ti on reg flex. 

#1  PXG 0211 10.5 deg, Evnflo Riptide CB 40 gram A flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr,  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram A flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1,    Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 3i 18 degree, Recoil 95 reg flex.

4 iron:  GFF Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree forged hollow body,  Aerotech Steelfiber 😍😃💥.

5 Hybrid: Mizuno (2017) JPX Fli-Hi wave tech, Recoil ESX 460 reg flex.

Irons: 6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil Smacwrap ES 760, reg flex.

Wedges: 2 x Mizuno S5 52/09.  1@ 50 deg, 1@ 54 deg; New (July 2024) Mizu ES 21, 58 x 08, jet black.

Chipper: Don Martin "Up n In" brass/bronze. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, with 2 piece Stroke Lab multi material shaft.🙃💘

Well, I thought I was set after getting fit for a PXG Black Ops. Made the “mistake” of going to a Callaway fitting event…. Got fit into the AI Smoke Triple Diamond. This gave me an additional 5mph of ball speed and is almost as forgiving. 

LW- MG4 58* (60* bent strong)

SW- MG4 54* (56* bent strong)

GW- MG4 50*

4-PW - Paradise P-1 Prototype

3 Hybrid- PXG Black OPS

3W- Taylormade Stealth 2 HL

Driver- PXG Black OPS 9*

Putter- L.A.B. DF 2.1 Armlock

9 hours ago, geeman8 said:

Well, I thought I was set after getting fit for a PXG Black Ops. Made the “mistake” of going to a Callaway fitting event…. Got fit into the AI Smoke Triple Diamond. This gave me an additional 5mph of ball speed and is almost as forgiving. 

It is too bad we can't try PXG at the same time as all the other brands.  Got to pay for 2 fittings or do-your-own fitting at a retailer and compare.  

#1  PXG 0211 10.5 deg, Evnflo Riptide CB 40 gram A flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr,  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram A flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1,    Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 3i 18 degree, Recoil 95 reg flex.

4 iron:  GFF Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree forged hollow body,  Aerotech Steelfiber 😍😃💥.

5 Hybrid: Mizuno (2017) JPX Fli-Hi wave tech, Recoil ESX 460 reg flex.

Irons: 6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil Smacwrap ES 760, reg flex.

Wedges: 2 x Mizuno S5 52/09.  1@ 50 deg, 1@ 54 deg; New (July 2024) Mizu ES 21, 58 x 08, jet black.

Chipper: Don Martin "Up n In" brass/bronze. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, with 2 piece Stroke Lab multi material shaft.🙃💘

28 minutes ago, Donn lost in San Diego said:

It is too bad we can't try PXG at the same time as all the other brands.  Got to pay for 2 fittings or do-your-own fitting at a retailer and compare.  

Full disclosure, I was fit at a Club Champion so the fitter did have all the heads available. However, I was not ever considered for the Triple Diamond there and never swung it. I’m not throwing shade, but from now on I’ll probably just go to the demo days and try all the new clubs at no cost. The Black Ops is not disappointing by any means, but FOR ME the combination of the Triple Diamond head with Ventus TR Blue XStiff shaft just performs better. I get more distance and I still find the fairway. 

LW- MG4 58* (60* bent strong)

SW- MG4 54* (56* bent strong)

GW- MG4 50*

4-PW - Paradise P-1 Prototype

3 Hybrid- PXG Black OPS

3W- Taylormade Stealth 2 HL

Driver- PXG Black OPS 9*

Putter- L.A.B. DF 2.1 Armlock

I have been playing a PXG Gen 6 driver with an upgraded shaft (Motore X F3 R shaft 1/2" shorter than standard). I have been very pleased with it, especially the consistency of center-face contact. Last week, just to shake things up, I put my old Callaway Epic Flash back in play. If I look at my stats for all of last year, playing the Callaway through May and the PXG the balance of the year, statically they were pretty close. I did hit 7% more fairways with the PXG (63% vs 55%), but misses right and left and total dispersion were basically the same as was distance (1 yard difference for both)

Granted, it has only been a little over a week since I put the Epic Flash back in play, but FIRs is a wash (Callaway 60% / PXG 59%), dispersion 13 yds for the Callaway vs 11 yds for the PXG, I miss more to the left with the Callaway and more to the right with the PXG, but I hit the Callaway 10 yards longer according to my Shot Scope stats. I'm torn with which to keep in play. The Callaway may be longer due to shaft length being standard?

I'm thinking of doing the Lucky 7 fitting at PXG and getting only 6-PW Gen 7 irons plus 2 Sugar Daddy 3 wedges instead of getting my typical setup of 5-GW plus carrying an SW and LW. That would free up two spots in the bag, and maybe I could carry both drivers using the Callaway where distance or a draw is better, and using the PXG for doglegs right, set up for more of a fade.

Thoughts?

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: Callaway Apex CF19 with UST Recoil F2 shafts
Wedges: Callaway MD5 54° and 58° with KBS steel shafts.
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet or Toulon Portland
Ball:  Currently Bridgestone Tour B RX Mindset

Gaming the titleist 910D and it has been amazing for me.  Yes it's much older, but gosh I'm starting to enjoy using my driver again!

I can afford anything within the last 5 years, and so many have had separation/cracking issues that I'm sort of leary about that.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

No surprise here if you’ve followed my posting the past 6 weeks 

Titleist GT2 with Autoflex Dream 7

IMG_1101.jpeg

IMG_1103.jpeg

IMG_1100.jpeg

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Callaway AI Smoke TD Max 9 degree with Ventus TR Black 7X. I am in love with this thing. 

Callaway: AI Smoke Triple Diamond Max

Callaway : Paradym Irons

Scottie Cameron Newport 2.5