What is your driver for 2024?

GolfSpy_APH

7 minutes ago, SilvesterT said:

$1,300 Tsr2. 

replaced my off the rack sim max with a fully fitted tsr2 with tour adh shaft. Club champion helped get me in this with me not mentioning any brand i wanted. Gaines 20-30yds of carry in the 280yd range now which has brought my handicap down from about 13.6 to 11.3 currently since putting it in my bag at top of the year. Worth every penny. No intention of changing for years as it cost alot, but im the type that only has 1 driver. Currently trying to sell the sim. 

IMG_0138.jpeg

I also paid up for a GD Tour AD shaft. Best out there IMO. 

Callaway Rogue ST max driver (Tour Ad IZ-6)

Cobra LTD-X 3 and 5 wood (Tour AD UB-6)

PXG 0317 X Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue)

PXG Gen 6 P 5-G irons (Mitsubishi MMT)

PXG 0311 Forged wedges (Mitsubishi MMT)

Ping Tein 4 putter

blessed beyond measure. 

3 minutes ago, arodrig29 said:

I also paid up for a GD Tour AD shaft. Best out there IMO. 

Yea. Driving home from the fitting was nerve wrecking if i made the right choice or not spending that much. It was. Swear by club champion or at least a full fitting such as they offer. 

Silvester

Just did fitting for GT2 11 degree  reg shaft yesterday...   not ready to buy yet...

Currently

Titleist TSR1 9 degree reg shaft

Fairway   Taylormade M6 3 wood

Hybrids   Taylormade    2,3,4

Irons   Taylormade M6  steel/fiber "R"

Wedges   Ping   BECU   PW and 56

Putter   Callaway Toulon Garage  Indianapolis center shafted 

Ball  TItleist Pro v1 and v1x

Titleist Driver Head Pic 2.jpeg

So about this time last year PXG was doing their driver challenge: their new Gen6 driver would beat your current driver or you get $100.  I was stoked to see they had a "fitter" locally who could do this test so I signed up.  Headed out to The Daniel Island Club (private track) and proceeded to hit a few drives with my Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero with HZRDUS Smoke 5.5 regular flex shaft I bought off eBay after I bought the Mavrik head (also from eBay).  I usually hit it well (although my slice rears it's ugly head much more often than I like) so after a few practice balls I hit my 3 qualifying balls for the challenge.  Not bad, slightly right of target, about 210-215...pretty normal for me.  Then the "fitter" hands me the Gen6 and I proceed to bomb banana balls off to the right.  He's confused and he goes through 4 or 5 different shafts until he realizes my HZRDUS shaft is shorter than normal (43.5 in) which I did not know either, never measured.  He tries a couple of stiff shafts and my ball straightens out.  We finally settle on the Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 65g stiff with the Gen6 0311 head (it wasn't a drastic change from my old driver, maybe a few more yards).  But since he didn't get the correct setup on his first try I got $100 (which I had to contact him about a couple of times and finally email PXG directly about before I got it). Anyway, I am a frugal golfer and not about to spend $350 on a new driver so I consider this a my fitting and keep a lookout for a PXG driver configured like this.  Fast forward to earlier this year I find a PXG Gen4 with stiff shaft on FBMP and get the guy down to $90.  I use it for a few months and like it.  Then in June I see a Gen6 0311 on eBay with a couple days left on the auction with not too many bids.  I put in my bid at $202 and forget about it. Then I get a notice that I won!  Then the seller (who lives about 3 hours away) says he is quoted some ungodly amount to ship it through eBay and wants to know if I can wait a few days he can have his son-in-law (who lives near me and is coming up for a visit) deliver it to me.  Heck yeah! So I get reimbursed for the original shipping I paid, get a nearly new Gen6 driver almost configured how I was fitted (I had picked up the Tensei shaft separately in between all this) for about $100 less than I had seen them selling for.  I'm sure this is more than anybody wants to know or read but I've driven the ball pretty well with this new setup 2 of the 3 rounds I played (not sure what happened my last time out but sure it's more my swing than the club) and looking forward to hitting many fairways in the future. 

WIN_20240814_08_28_03_Pro.jpg

PXG Gen6 0311 driver 9 degree with Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 65g stiff shaft

Tour Edge Exotics C722 2 hybrid (17 degree)

Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 3 hybrid (20 degree)

Callaway Mavrik 5 hybrid (23 degree)

PXG 0311XP Gen3 irons 6-PW

Wedges: Edel 48 degree;  Cleveland RTX Fullface 52 degree; Cleveland Smartsole 58 degree

Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 putter

Still rocking the PXG Gen 4 with my Tour AD 7.x shaft.  I went into PXG just a week ago to test the Gen7 irons ( super impressed with these) and wound up testing the Black Ops driver with 4 different shaft options and my Gen4 was still out performing the BlackOps!  I'll be honest, I was not expecting that and neither was my fitter!

Chris Cejka

Callaway AI Smoke Max, 10.5 degree turned down to 9.5. Love this driver. Tons of feedback on miss hits. With that being said, miss hits are almost always still playable. Catch the center of the face and this club absolutely sends the ball.

IMG_2090.jpeg

Edited by Acanz04

Andrew Canzanese

Husnand/Educator/Coach

Still using my 9.5° Nike VR Pro Limited Edition Driver, but i'm eyeing up the GT4 for 2025... 🔥

post-30-0117432001318368529.jpeg.4be7c8440ba84b919e22d6ba16d01d00.jpeg

nike200.png.457470e6ca5d47ee6e169491b267aa1b.png   Driver: Nike VR Pro Limited Edition | Diamana 'ahina 65g (9.5°, Stiff)

titleist200.png.e01ae7639090c209c93c9f2f7435d808.png   4 Wood: Titleist TS2 | Kuro Kage Black Seires 65g (16.5°, Stiff)

mizuno200.png.4605df8e24685074d10718ba6ac66080.png   Irons: Mizuno MP15 | True Temper DG S300 (4-PW, Stiff)

taylormade200.png.e6cb0a20f84873d1f59007172ed00680.png   Wedges: Taylormade Z-Spin | True Temper DG S300 (52°/9°B, 56°/12°B, 60°/10°B, Stiff)

nike200.png.457470e6ca5d47ee6e169491b267aa1b.png  Putter: Nike Method Milled Model 004 (35")

⭐ See my review of the ShotScope Pro ZR here ⭐

BigBertha’23 … 1”-short, with Draw & 11.5’ settings. Consistent fairway-finder. Need distance as swing speed ~80mph, so considering — Ping.G430.Max.

Driver:    :callaway-logo-1:  Big Bertha. 2023. A-Light. 12.5’

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1:  Big Bertha. 2023. A-Light. 19.0’

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1:  Big Bertha. 2023. A-Light. 21.0’ Heavenwood

Hybrid:   :callaway-logo-1:  Paradym-X. A-Light. 24.0’

Irons:      :callaway-logo-1:  Big Bertha. 2023. A-Light. 6-7-8-9-PW-AW.

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-Zipcore. Wedge. 50’ / 54’

Wedge:    :cleveland-small: RTX. Full Face. Wedge. 58’

Putter:       :taylormade-small:Spider. Tour III

Using the Wilson Launchpad my girlfriend got me for Christmas to replace the second hand RBZ driver with a stiff shaft. Definitely see improvements already in my driving. Hoping this weekend I get some straight drives with it.

Dr- Wilson Launchpad 

3w,4&5H,6i-PW-Strata

52°, 56°, 60°- Bombtech

P- Cleveland Frontline Elite Cero 35"

I am currently playing a Ping G430 Max. It will probably be in the bag for a while. I was fitted for it at Club Champion. I went there looking for a shaft upgrade to my Callaway Rogue Max driver and decided to try several other drivers. I told the fitter that distance is nice but not the key. I wanted to find more fairways, so I was looking for something with a tighter dispersion. I thought that a shaft upgrade would do the trick, but turned out that was a false premise. I’ve had Ping drivers in the past so it wasn’t a live changing revelation. The G430 gave me that much tighter dispersion that I was looking for with a minimal loss of distance, 3-5 yards. Turns out the shaft was a big part of this too. I got fitted into an Aldila Ascent shaft, 50 grams, reg flex, 10.5 degrees, neutral position 45inches long, and had the shaft poured. My Ping is definitely a fairway finder and my distance has not been too shabby either. At my age, 72, I am only going to hit the ball so far, so staying out of trouble is the biggest thing for my game to give me a shot at low scores.

Edited by Delaware Joe

Still rocking the TM M2 from 2017. Everything on it is stock. I've considered fittings for a new shaft, but just don't have any complaints about this driver and don't necessarily think swapping shafts will make a material difference. When shots go awry, I get the feedback I need, and when I pure it.... butterrrrr

- TM M2 driver, Titlesist 909 F2 3wood, Paradym 3hy, Mizuno JPX 923 HMPros, Cleveland CG14 wedges. 

I've been playing golf for 2.5y at this point. I have run through a lot of used drivers as learn the game and hone technique. While I have gotten custom fit for irons and a couple long clubs, I refuse to get fit and spend 6-900 bucks when tomorrow I might change my swing for the better.

During the journey of buying/selling/trading I had issues with 'MAX' style clubs spinning too much even though I appreciated the forgiveiness off center. I had slightly better luck with a LTDx-LS for a few months - i really got penalized on bad strikes but when I did my job I got terrific results. I was nearly content.

Then about 3 months ago I got my hands on a Rogue ST Max-LS and it's terrific. It's not QUITE as long as the Cobra LS when everything lines up (like my once a week PERFECT bomb was 305y now it's like 295) but more importantly, the Rogue ST MaxLS bumped my AVERAGE distance up 20y since I don't lose everything on the bad ones. Seems easier to keep straight than most other drivers i've tried as well. 

I honestly love it. I have accumulated a stock of shafts i'm playing around with - and haven't officially decided if i'm going to keep my Tensei 1k white TX 50g or my Tensei AV raw white 70g but I highly doubt i'll look for a new head anytime soon. I

WITB:

Driver: Rogue ST Max LS, tensei 1k white XS

3w: PXG gen5 XF

3h: PXG gen5 xf

5-g: PXG gen3 T

52/56/60: cleveland cbx

Putter: odyssey backstryke marxman or cobra vintage nova depending on the day

Switched from a Ping G425 Max to the Callaway Ai Smoke Max D this year.  The Ping may be slightly more forgiving, but I love the look and feel of the Max D (and it still has plenty of forgiveness).  

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Ai Smoke Max D (MCA Tensei AV Series Blue 55 Graphite)

Woods: :taylormade-small: Taylormade Qi10 Max 3 wood and 7 wood (Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50), :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Stealth 2 HD 5 Wood (Fujikura Speeder NX Red Regular)

Hybrid:  :cleveland-small: Cleveland Halo XL 4 Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 65 HYBRID)

Irons: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Apex 21 DCB (Project X IO Steel R), 

Wedges: :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 50, :cleveland-small: Cleveland RTX Full-face 2 54, :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Jaws Full Face 58

Putter: :cleveland-small: Cleveland HB Soft #8P (UST All-In)

Ball: :srixon-small: Srixon Q Star Tour

1 minute ago, Z06Dave said:

I did not get fitted but I bought a Ping G425 from second swing in December. It's a 10.5 degree but I was having issues getting it to fly so I turned it up a degree. 

Average drives are ~245 with long ones in the ~260 range. 

For sure. I had always had issues with launching too high (prob from a combo of spin and delivery) so I always erred on lower loft (8.5-9ish) but just for fun tried out raising the loft a tad and my strike improved so much and honestly I was making better contact so it didn't climb any higher and ultimately went further.

I have learned that quality of strike matters more than anything. If you can get a few more yards (or hell, even 30) out of a harder to hit club (be it a LS model with lower MOI or any club lofted down) but can't hit it well often, it's absolutely not worth it.

I play my 9 deg at 10 and get infinitely better results. 

WITB:

Driver: Rogue ST Max LS, tensei 1k white XS

3w: PXG gen5 XF

3h: PXG gen5 xf

5-g: PXG gen3 T

52/56/60: cleveland cbx

Putter: odyssey backstryke marxman or cobra vintage nova depending on the day

Will be keeping the Srixon ZX7 with the stock smoke black shaft in the bag.   Tried to kick it out all winter and early season, but nothing I tried to finish it off.  

:srixon-small:      ZX7 MKII  Driver 9.5 Stiff flex Smoke Black shaft

:taylormade-small:  3HL 17 Rocketballz Matrix Ozik Stiff

:wilson_staff_small:  C300 Hybrids 20. 23 Fujikura Speeder Stiff

:taylormade-small:   Stealth 5- PW Ventus Red 6-R

Screenshot2024-07-132_16_06PM.png.b5cba86d1671728aea26101cb7b4e4a9.pngEdison 49 and 55 degree wedges

:cleveland-small:  RTX 4  64/6 Raw Wedges

:EVNROLL:  ER5 CS 35 in putter

:ShotScope: V3 GPS Shot tracker watch

:OnCore:  OnCore Elixr

:BagBoy: Nitron Push Cart and Revolver XP cart bag

Haven't gotten out for a round yet, but I'm very excited to get out soon! Got fitted for the Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Triple Diamond 9° set at 10° in a Denali Black x stiff 70g. 

I also need to test using my counter balanced 2017 Hand Crafted Project X T1100 6.5 x stiff 75g that has even a lower torque than the Denali. Should make the left side miss even harder to do.

I came from a 2017 TaylorMade M1 10.5°.

This thing was a bomber and very consistent. I wanted to eliminate the left side of the golf course and this did just that. Spin was in a great window and when I did draw it, it was still very stable.

I attached my Trackman fitting results with my driver at the top, 3W (also Triple Diamond) and my new hybrid (TSR2 21°)

Increased carry by 20+ yards, ball speed up, everything.

The updated AI face is pretty spectacular. I attached screenshots from Golf.com's Fully Equipped podcast/show robot testing on the 3 main driver heads. They customized each face based on the locations of each player characteristics. Really interesting and really smart.

Take a look and use it as a guide if you're interested in the AI Smoke lineup.

PXL_20240720_192157417.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20240810_152422598.PORTRAIT.jpg

20240812_093245-COLLAGE.jpg

Screenshot_20240814-102000~2.png

Screenshot_20240814-102003~2.png

Screenshot_20240814-102005~2.png

Edited by MWGolf23
Updated information

Driver: :callaway-small: Paradym AI Smoke Triple Diamond 9° set at 10° (Project X HZRDUS T1100 6.5 xstiff 75g OR Denali Black 6.5 xstiff 70g, Golf Pride CP2)
3W: :callaway-small: Paradym AI Smoke Triple Diamond 15° set at 16°(Project X Denali Black 6.5 xstiff 80g)
4 hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21° set at 22° (Tensei Black 1K xstiff 85g)
Irons: :mizuno-small: Pro 225 4-5, Mizuno Pro 223 6-PW, (Project X LZ 6.5 125g, Golf Pride CP2)
Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM6 52° F-grind,  56° M-grind, 60° L-Grind
Putter: :taylormade-small: TP Black Copper Juno
Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer Cart Bag
Ball: :titleist-small: ProV1x

Gaming a Titleist 910D3 @ 9.5°, which is probably 10+ years old now.

Shaft is Aldila RIP @ 60g-2.9-stiff.

Bought it used off eBay. I've never been fitted, so I'm sure there's plenty of room for improvement, swing faults aside!

Generally pretty happy with the flight and distance.

PXL_20240814_134918788_MP.jpg.7584134db463f842d7d10f237a865bc4.jpg

PXL_20240814_134948633_MP.jpg.63eba9b502b2fc847601f0627cb9a6d8.jpg

Driver - Titleist 913 D2 (9.5) | 3-Wood - Titleist 915 D2 (15) | 3-Hybrid - Maltby KE4 Tour TC (19)

4I-PW - Snake -Eyes 685X Forged (24-47)

GW - Maltby TSW (50) | SW, LW - Cleveland RTX 4 (56, 60)

Putter - Mizuno M Craft Type IV

52 minutes ago, Cyclereport_Nate said:

For sure. I had always had issues with launching too high (prob from a combo of spin and delivery) so I always erred on lower loft (8.5-9ish) but just for fun tried out raising the loft a tad and my strike improved so much and honestly I was making better contact so it didn't climb any higher and ultimately went further.

I have learned that quality of strike matters more than anything. If you can get a few more yards (or hell, even 30) out of a harder to hit club (be it a LS model with lower MOI or any club lofted down) but can't hit it well often, it's absolutely not worth it.

I play my 9 deg at 10 and get infinitely better results. 

Exactly! I was actually shocked. I gained 20-25 yards and a lot more consistency with the extra degree of loft. 

I was fit for my current driver a little over 2 years ago. Because my driver swing is somewhat downward, I ended up with a Ping 425 Max. It keeps me on the fairway, but my drives average 165 yards (sometimes more, sometimes less... lately more frequently less, LOL) As a 77 year old, I should attribute it to age, but I feel that I have a lot more distance to get. 

Up until a few weeks ago it had been the F9 since 2020. 

Nabbed a couple of AeroJet drivers but wasn't as thrilled as hoped.

So... Now I have M1 with new Kai'Li shaft and it does fine.

Will be moving to LTDx, SIM or RadSpeed sometime soon. Unless a crazy deal presents itself on another trusted performer. 

WITB

Drivers: Cobra F9 w/Atmos

HOOK STICKS(hybrids): Adams Pro 20*/23*  hook sticks!🤓

IRONS: Bridgestone Tour Stage TS-202 (5-PW)  /  Yamaha Inpres XV Forged (5-PW)   /   Ping Eye2 (3-S)

WEDGES: Callaway MackDaddy2 52*/56*

PUTTER: Ping Zing2 /  Anser4  /  Bobby Grace LoPro   / Bobby Grace Fat Lady Swings

BALLS:   :srixon-small:  Z-Star    :vice:  Pro +

:ping-small:        :callaway-logo-1:   :cobra-small:   :1332069271_TommyArmour:      :bobby-grace-1:   :adams-small:      :cleveland-small: