How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 minute ago, Rob Person said:

What a day!!! Tl/DR skip to bottom.

I mentioned this morning that I was offered a spot for a charity tournament. There were over 200 participants!!! Shotgun start at 12, free chikfila lunch prior, chipping and putting contests,  etc.

It was for the Alabama Child Advocacy Center. Since I was gifted the spot, I ponied up some cash for raffle tickets and chipping and putting contests. 

The putting contest was fun. $ 20, 3 balls from 3 distances. I sank 2 of the 3. 10 footer and 30 footer. I lipped out the 20 footer. I thought for sure I was the winner. After the tournament i found out I placed solo 2nd ! The DB was on fire today! Won a $25 gift card to the pro shop. (Where I also work) the chipping contest I did not fare well. The sponsors got to place the balls and I wish I grabbed my 56 over the 60. I bladed 2 of the 3. We were 20 yards from the green for 40 yards total to the pin.

MY TEAM partners - 1 was someone my age and similar handicap,  the other 2 were late 20s , former college golfers. Boy could they drive! (One of them won the longest drives contest on 3 holes) he was pumping out 290-320 yard smoke shows.!!!

We carded 2 eagles,  and 2 pars, the rest were birdies.

We used all of their drives except 1 where they both got into a deep bunker about 285 out. We used my drive at 255 yards center fairway. I smoked my 19⁰ 210 yards and it rolled up  20 yards onto the green, 4 foot from pin. They let me putt for a natural eagle.  I was ecstatic and we all did the eagle dance, cawwwing and arms flapping.    

So we used their drives, the other partner (my age) was a weapon on 120 yards and in approaches. Used alot of his approaches, and 12/18 putts were on me. The DB was on fire!!!

I doubt I would have played that well on my own because they had the orange tees set at the backs of all the tee boxes. Which I would never choose to play from like that.

We finished at 25/29 -54 total 

There were no buy-ins for special options like mulligans and throws like most tournaments. Instead they had raffles at all the par 3s and par 5s for prizes.

We tied for 3rd. The lowest scores being 49, 51, 54, 54, 57.

This was probably the most fun I had playing in a tournament. 

I have only a couple of pictures.  As I didn't realize until our 3rd hole that my phone was MIA. Fortunately someone turned it in to the pro shop.

Charity outings can be a lot of fun.  For the last 5+ of employment I did a shipload of charity golf, it was almost my job description.  Most of them were great but some took forever 5+ hours.  Our company believed in giving to the community and to many causes especially veterans.  I kinda miss them especially the people who played in them, a lot of dedicated people!

Happy you had a great time!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

8 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Charity outings can be a lot of fun.  For the last 5+ of employment I did a shipload of charity golf, it was almost my job description.  Most of them were great but some took forever 5+ hours.  Our company believed in giving to the community and to many causes especially veterans.  I kinda miss them especially the people who played in them, a lot of dedicated people!

Happy you had a great time!!

Uh, yeah, this was definitely a 5+ hour round.  It's expected though,  as alot of teams were newer or weeknd type golfers 

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

This weekend my 3 sons are treating us to stay at a game lodge in the Waterberg region in South Africa.  This is for my 60th birthday, which was in March, but coincidentally coincides with my eldest son's birthday today.  We are playing golf at Zebula Golf Estate (https://zebula.co.za/) on Monday and doing an elephant interaction on Sunday.

Watch this space for feedback on the golf.....

• Callaway Mavrik Driver 10.5* (280yd)
  • Callaway GBB 3 wood (256yd)
  • Ping G25 17* Hybrid  (230yd)
  • Callaway AI Smoke 4Hybrid (set at 22* & replacement for the 4 iron) (208yd)
  • Callaway Apex Pro 19 (5 to A) Irons
  • Wilson Staff Dynapower SW (1975)
  • Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Wedge 60 Mid 10
  • Odyssey DXF Rossie Putter
  • Srixon Q-Star balls
  • Garmin Approach S60

8 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Uh, yeah, this was definitely a 5+ hour round.  It's expected though,  as alot of teams were newer or weeknd type golfers 

Yup, Charity Golf have to expect long rounds.  All for good causes.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Bad week this week. For some reason my irons were all going right. The driver and fairway woods were good. But I could not hit a green with my irons today to save my life. Even my wedges were all going right.

Cobra LTDX 10.5driver

Cobra LTDX 3 wood

Cobra LTDx 5 wood

Cobra Dark Speed 7 wood

Cobra King Tour irons  5 thru. p UST Recoil 680 shafts

Cobra Snakebite 48, 54, 60

Cobra Vintage Stingray 40

Snell Prime 3.0

22 hours ago, Donn lost in San Diego said:

First time back on the course after a 2-3 month pause for vision problem.  Played poorly.  Twisted a back muscle in the shower getting ready for a 7:40 tee time, and it wouldn't let go or loosen up.  I enjoyed the 6 good shots and 3 good putts I made.  I do plan to start playing early morning 2-3 x weekly.  Hardly worth writing about but this is my primary social media.

Always worth writing about Donn. We're here to listen.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

I forgot to post my round from yesterday. Had school until 3:30, then played 9 holes from the tips at Sterling Hills. I was trying out ProV1x Left Dash for the first time. I played pretty well, but it was a failed experiment. I felt like I didn't have control over the ball, so I'm sticking with ProV1 for the future. Putting was also tougher than normal with the left dash. Here's the scorecard. For stats, X is Missed and C is hit. Oh yeah also my brother and I are listing some of our old clubs on ebay, and we're going to use the money to buy some new clubs. He's had some putting problems so we just ordered a blue LAB DF2.1 off ebay (got a great deal on it too). He might do an unofficial review on it and post it on my account, because I don't think he has MGS.

Holes:1 2  3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Par:    4 4  3 5 4  4 4  3 4    35

Score:3 4  4 4 4  5 4 3 4     35

FW:    X X    C X C C    X

GIR C C X C C C C X C

Putts: 1 2 2 2  2 3 2  1 2 

Edited by TheBirdieMasterLOL
Forgot to add my score to my stats sheet

WITB
Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST D 

3 Wood: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue St D

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max

4-iron: :taylormade-small: SIM DHY

5-PW: :taylormade-small: P7MC

52*, 56*, and 60*: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 Nickel w/Custom USA 🇺🇸 Paint Fills

Putter: Sacks Parente Custom Series 54 Mid-Sized White 1 Stripe - Center

15 hours ago, Boris119 said:

Bad week this week. For some reason my irons were all going right. The driver and fairway woods were good. But I could not hit a green with my irons today to save my life. Even my wedges were all going right.

I had this happen last week!  Went to the range, couldn't repeat it. Went back to the par 3 and recorded a couple of shots off the tee. After reviewing those and a few prior recordings, I figured out where I was having the issues.  

For me, I was over flexing/turning my trail knee forward too early in the downswing. This was causing my hips to open up early, leading to the club face pointing more right at impact.

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

8 hours ago, LeakyValve said:

Okay one more try. From the abysmal round the other day. Highs. And lows.  

Thanks for sharing!

WITB-

Been on on hot streak lately.  Soft and slow aerated greens have actually been helpful. Yesterday I was standing in the middle of the ninth fairway 167 yards from the flag when I thought to myself “if I can just get this on the green I’ll shoot even par on the front”.    Which was like opening a cage door and ALL the mental demons came flying out… 

Needless to say I did not par the 9th, or any of the next five. Could not shut if my brain.  My pace got faster and faster.  Salvaged an 80, but… What a game we choose to play. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

Won A grade today with a 39 pointer in some fairly horrible conditions, 25 knot winds, recently cored greens. Was pretty happy although I still left a lot of shots out there.

GT2 10° Project X HZRDUS 6.0 Black 5G 60  
GT2 16.5° Project X HZRDUS 6.0 Black 5G 70
TSR2 18° HZRDUS Black 6.0 4G 
2 Iron T200 Utility HZRDUS Black 6.0
4 Iron T200 Utility HZRDUS Black 6.0
T150 5- PW (44) Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff
Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Grip Master Tour Wrap Grips
Garmin Z30

21 minutes ago, Medfloat said:

So I met with ClevelandGirl for 18 holes at Ironwood, just south of Cleveland.  Had a great time!  The course was nice, the breeze was cooling, the sky was cloudless and the golf was fun.  First time for me doing an MGS meet, it was worth missing college football and beer.  Golfed ok, but the golf was secondary to the company.  All you C-Towners missed a great day!

Maybe next time we can have a few more golfers.  And there will be a next time!

Thank you ClevelandGirl for setting this up.

IMG_8036.jpeg

IMG_8037.jpeg

I like to topography on that course from the pics. Not a boring layout it seems.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

1 hour ago, Dweed said:

I like to topography on that course from the pics. Not a boring layout it seems.

IMG_0035.png

IMG_0036.png

IMG_0037.png

Driver - Ping G410+ LA golf 65S

3wood - Ping G400 Aldia green 75S

5 wood - Ping G410 Aldia 75S

4-pw Iron - TM M3 steel fiber  i110

Ping Glide 3.0 - 50, 54, 58 Nippon 115

Odyssey O-Works 2-ball

ProV1x

Got out for a 9 to test the Opus wedges some more. Was playing lights out, rolling at 2 under with 3 to play. The wedges saved my tail a few times, but finished bogey, bogey, par to come in at Even! Dang game, but at least the Opus line continues to do work!!!

Screenshot_20240921_191957_Shot Scope.jpg

Scott J

PXG Driver, AP2 irons, Cleveland wedges and Odyssey white ice 2.0

Unfortunately, I didn't get to finish the round of my life...

IMG_5447.jpg.6517e28123f216f7e5a6bfef5e140a70.jpg

+1 Through 15 holes and the sun decided it was time to go. I'm a 9 handicap and have never come close to shooting even par on a full length course. 

That was one of those rounds where everything came together. My scrambling was the best its ever been, the LAB was LABing, the driver was cooperating and ball-striking was pure. 

IMG_5448.jpg.2fb9910b22d5663ef332ed2a8e5abaa6.jpg

Couldn't have asked for a better round, just wish I got to finish and record my lowest score ever. 😞 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 - TENSEI AV Series White 65 Stiff

3wood: Taylormade Stealth - Ventus Blue Stiff 

Driving Iron: Ping Crossover 3iron - Ping Stiff 

Irons: 4-PW Titleist AP2 - Dynamic Gold S300 

Wedges: 52 Vokey SM6 (F Grind), 56 Vokey SM8 (D Grind), 60 Vokey SM9 (M Grind)

Putter: LAB MEZZ.1 MAX

Ball: Titleist TruFeel 

GPS: Garmin S70/CT10 Sensors 

I played Friday and Saturday and ended up with the same score, 73.

Friday was much better than Saturday, I was -1 going into 17and +1 standing on the 18th tee lol...

Yesterday I bitterly burned the cup on 5 putts, 4 were really makable, so even though I scored well I left the playing ground quite frustrated...

The greens seem like they are getting a bit of "winter" thickness to them, I will have to adjust to that I suppose...

Golf "a constant series of adjustments" I suppose...

committed to performance excellence

6 minutes ago, cburins said:

Unfortunately, I didn't get to finish the round of my life...

IMG_5447.jpg.6517e28123f216f7e5a6bfef5e140a70.jpg

+1 Through 15 holes and the sun decided it was time to go. I'm a 9 handicap and have never come close to shooting even par on a full length course. 

That was one of those rounds where everything came together. My scrambling was the best its ever been, the LAB was LABing, the driver was cooperating and ball-striking was pure. 

IMG_5448.jpg.2fb9910b22d5663ef332ed2a8e5abaa6.jpg

Couldn't have asked for a better round, just wish I got to finish and record my lowest score ever. 😞 

Too bad, I think if you consistently put in your scores "hole by hole" into the handicap system, there is an algorithm that will fill in your missing holes, only if you have one or two missing, I think anyway...

committed to performance excellence

Play a Metroparks course named Seneca Golf - Baldwin (3450yds, 37.4/128) shot 40, and Furnace Run (3270yds 36.1/126) shot 39 today.  Furnace Run played closer to 3350 today.  Tee time was 7:30 with just enough light to make out the fairway features.  Played well, drove it ok, pitches and chips were spot on but putting was a bit off.  18 putts on first 9, 15 on second 9.  Very happy with the par 5s having finished -3 on them.  Course was in very good shape and the greens rolled true.  Still having issues reading them for break.  That will be my winter project whilst honing the swing.  Now a quick nap then lunch.  Until next time, hit em straight and one-putt all day long!

IMG_8046.png

IMG_8045.png

IMG_8044.jpeg

IMG_8043.jpeg

Driver - Ping G410+ LA golf 65S

3wood - Ping G400 Aldia green 75S

5 wood - Ping G410 Aldia 75S

4-pw Iron - TM M3 steel fiber  i110

Ping Glide 3.0 - 50, 54, 58 Nippon 115

Odyssey O-Works 2-ball

ProV1x