Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What Is The Most You Would Pay For A Putter?

GolfSpy_APH

I assume my wife isn't going to read this???

Seriously, up to around $500 I suspect.  It's the part of my game that's at least average, I enjoy practicing on the putting green, and if we short hitters can't  putt we're doomed.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Ping G430 SFT 3 wood and Ping G430 HL 7 wood SR flex

Ping G430 4,5,6,7 hybrids  SR flex

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 8,9,P,G, SW irons   A Flex

Cleveland Smart Sole S wedge  A Flex

Cobra Nova putter

12 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Ask Rickie Fowler how that worked out. He went from being a good putter to not being able to putt well at all despite using various putters. 

Always a fun debate.  so how do you go from being a good putter to not being able to putt well? If the putter has the influence that you are implying he should still be using the original putter because that made him putt well.   So now you have to assess what created the decline and the Uptick in performance.  

Could it have been going back to Butch, could it have been that he also improved his tee game, approaches, and around the green in addition to putting?   Then the question could be did the “putter” improve his putting or was it that he got back to working on the correct skills associated with putting?  Could it have been going to prescription glasses that improved his vision on the green?   

Putters really aren’t different than full swing clubs. When you talk about fittings you say fitters have you switch because players change their swings to fit the equipment   Same happens with putters.   Putters want to do things during the stroke and players apply skills to make putts.  How the putter is trying to move will influence the players stroke but players with good understanding of aim, stroke, and touch skills can putt with anything   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

20 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Always a fun debate.  so how do you go from being a good putter to not being able to putt well? If the putter has the influence that you are implying he should still be using the original putter because that made him putt well.   So now you have to assess what created the decline and the Uptick in performance.  

Could it have been going back to Butch, could it have been that he also improved his tee game, approaches, and around the green in addition to putting?   Then the question could be did the “putter” improve his putting or was it that he got back to working on the correct skills associated with putting?  Could it have been going to prescription glasses that improved his vision on the green?   

Putters really aren’t different than full swing clubs. When you talk about fittings you say fitters have you switch because players change their swings to fit the equipment   Same happens with putters.   Putters want to do things during the stroke and players apply skills to make putts.  How the putter is trying to move will influence the players stroke but players with good understanding of aim, stroke, and touch skills can putt with anything   

I think Rickie’s issue was two fold. He had issues with his eyes that he didn’t know/realize and it affected his game overall but especially on the greens. It then caused mental issues which made things worse. He was using Spieth a backup putter, then was trying several other styles and iirc even brands.

Once the mental aspect kicks in and confidence is lost it’s hard to get back when you are grinding every week, missing cuts and missing out on majors.

His game suffered too. He was changing irons to find something as well there.

I don’t know if going back to Burch did anything other than maybe a short term boost in performance. His strokes gained putting for this year is 119th, not that good considering for awhile he was around 60 or better.

Rickie has always been a very streaky player and his putting is what kept him in the higher owgr rankings.

We can look at Spieth too. He was a solid putter and had some years where it seemed like any long putt was going to go in then boom it all went away and he struggled on the greens, which lead to struggles on the course.

Most people can putt with anything but can they make the putts that count with anything? Not really

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I believe that $300 is my personal price point for a putter. Fitting fee built into the price? Cake. I'll take a $300 putter in that case. I see guys with Cameron putters that couldn't hit their ass with either hand using it and I've seen guys with Powerbuilt putters knocking them in. Is it the putter or the golfer? Another question for another day...

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade Qi10 Standard, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Wilson D9 4 hybrid, Heat II Single Length Irons 5-SW, Snake Eyes 60' LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

On 3/25/2024 at 8:56 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Let's say the fitting is free or was included in the purchase price, what is your limit? How much is too much?

What putter would it be?

I'm always amazed by the answers to this question! People are willing to pay $400-$800 for a new driver, a club they use 13-14 times per round, but don't want to pay over $300 for a club they use 30-40 times a round. Marketing has conditioned us to believe distance is worth the price, lower scores not so much! YMMV

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Most people can putt with anything but can they make the putts that count with anything? Not really

Again, is the a problem with the putter or the application of skills?   Does the putter trump skill (arrow or Indian)?  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

7 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Again, is the a problem with the putter or the application of skills?   Does the putter trump skill (arrow or Indian)?  

It’s probably a combo of both. Good players have an easier time adjusting to ill fitted equipment but there are still going to be some issues that arise. See Billy hoerschel and his specs being off on his irons.

When the golfer is trying to find something they are typically changing what they are doing on the swing/stroke, if the putter doesn’t match that change it’s not going to help them and will more than likely make things work.

Rory won lots of tournaments with a blade and still ended up swinging to a mallet for the help and even suggested Scheffler do the same. So there’s a level that the good golfer can make anything work but only to some extent 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Some interesting points here, for me, putting is still the area that intrigues me the most in my golf game. 

So you have the "tool" the putter, and you have the "other tool" the puttee lol.. 

I agree the putter as the object is no different than the other 13 clubs you have in your bag, the difference is, for argument sake, the 13 other clubs make up 60% of your score, 1 club makes up 40% (that is my new mindset for understanding why it perplexes me so much).

I see players, all the time, with good understanding of aim, stroke and touch not being able to putt well, and putting fantastic, depending on their current confidence on the golf course greens, not their tool, so to that end confidence is the most important skill and then they could putt with anything.

I also feel that "whatever you focus on you will improve" ie. going into competition season soon for me I know "up and downs" will need some focus, so that is why my practice session starts with that, putting is always a work in progress so I always focus on that.

There are many example of that, you don't have to look any further than the elite golfers on the planet, Scottie getting confidence in his putting, Justin Thomas does not have confidence in his putting, then there are examples in between, always a fun debate @cnosil 

committed to performance excellence

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I think Rickie’s issue was two fold. He had issues with his eyes that he didn’t know/realize and it affected his game overall but especially on the greens. It then caused mental issues which made things worse. He was using Spieth a backup putter, then was trying several other styles and iirc even brands.

Once the mental aspect kicks in and confidence is lost it’s hard to get back when you are grinding every week, missing cuts and missing out on majors.

His game suffered too. He was changing irons to find something as well there.

I don’t know if going back to Burch did anything other than maybe a short term boost in performance. His strokes gained putting for this year is 119th, not that good considering for awhile he was around 60 or better.

Rickie has always been a very streaky player and his putting is what kept him in the higher owgr rankings.

We can look at Spieth too. He was a solid putter and had some years where it seemed like any long putt was going to go in then boom it all went away and he struggled on the greens, which lead to struggles on the course.

i like where you are going with this, we had a pro at our course for about a year and he grew up with Rickie, when I was playing with him he sent Rickie a text and said "what are you doing to putt so well?" Rickie sent a video of him making a putt and simply said "do this" 

It was great interaction between two friends...

committed to performance excellence

26 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

Some interesting points here, for me, putting is still the area that intrigues me the most in my golf game. 

So you have the "tool" the putter, and you have the "other tool" the puttee lol.. 

I agree the putter as the object is no different than the other 13 clubs you have in your bag, the difference is, for argument sake, the 13 other clubs make up 60% of your score, 1 club makes up 40% (that is my new mindset for understanding why it perplexes me so much).

I see players, all the time, with good understanding of aim, stroke and touch not being able to putt well, and putting fantastic, depending on their current confidence on the golf course greens, not their tool, so to that end confidence is the most important skill and then they could putt with anything.

I also feel that "whatever you focus on you will improve" ie. going into competition season soon for me I know "up and downs" will need some focus, so that is why my practice session starts with that, putting is always a work in progress so I always focus on that.

There are many example of that, you don't have to look any further than the elite golfers on the planet, Scottie getting confidence in his putting, Justin Thomas does not have confidence in his putting, then there are examples in between, always a fun debate @cnosil 

The use of the putter is generally in the 40% range.  But then you group everything else together.  How much does the driver get used, the fairway wood, the hybrid, each iron, each wedge.   Do you use the putter off the green?   

aim, stroke, and touch are only three of the skills.  You also have read.  I would agree that mental game is also a skill and maintaining mental state even when things go awry will keep you from losing confidence.  When players lose confidence is it in the putter or one of the skills(which I’ll count mental focus).  Mental is probably the most difficult to maintain.  Read is probably the hardest putting skill since we don’t know the exact speed or slope of the green. Touch is close behind because it has to match up with read.  Stroke and aim should be easy…point the putter where you want the ball to go and make a stroke that makes it go there. 

I also believe there is a difference in understanding a skill and applying that skill.   Let’s look at aim.  One would think you want to aim the putter on the exact line you want the putt to go so we can start the ball where aimed.   Sounds easy but even professionals don’t do that.  Tiger aims right and tries to hook putts to pull the putt back on line.   This is a compensation that relies on continuous practice to establish timing.   His putter is designed to help him feel that release.   His stroke is also inside and down the line.   

with putting, just like full swing,  we try to do things consistently but  have compensations and biases we need to deal with.   Continually good versus streaky is how often I can make the same “stroke” and quality of read.  Then the question about the actual putter is how well does it help me make those compensations or does it fight me.   

On 3/25/2024 at 8:28 AM, BaldJohnMD said:

I do not have a max but I no longer buy brand new clubs. My main putters of choice in the past have been PING and Mizuno TP models but with modern day variable weighted putters I’ve become very brand loyal to EDEL putters. Their openness with the sharing of their putter fitting theories on social media have turned me into a putter tinkerer and my putting performance has shown continuous improvement going on 2yrs. EDEL wedges are on my radar next. 

Hope you follow the Edel Array testing thread!

2023 MGS tester: OnCore VERO X1 ball

2024 MGS tester: Edel Array putter

Driver: Callaway Epic Max 9*

3W: Ping G425 max

Irons: Srixon JX5-MKII (5-PW)

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

52* Cleveland RTX Zipcore

56* Titleist Vokey SM8

Putter: Odyssey stroke lab r-ball mallet

16 hours ago, Bobbers said:

I assume my wife isn't going to read this???

Seriously, up to around $500 I suspect.  It's the part of my game that's at least average, I enjoy practicing on the putting green, and if we short hitters can't  putt we're doomed.

Your secret is safe with us LOL

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST R Flex

3 Wood: TaylorMade Razr

Hybrids: Callaway Rogue Max 3 - 5

Irons: TaylorMade M5

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 4 52, 54/Titleist Vokey M6 56

Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7

R.jpg

I could probably convince myself to go to $200. At the moment though I am happy with my Cleveland Huntington  beach Soft #11 I picked up for &129.

D- Tour Edge EXS 220

4W- Sub 70 949X

Hybrid- Sub 70 949X

Utility- Sub 70 699 U  21 degree

Irons- Sub 70 749 5-PW

Wedges- Sub 70 286 50+54, Tour Edge 1 out 58 degree 

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach soft # 11

Ball- Titleist Tour Soft

Given I change putters only once every 5-7 years at most, I think $700-$1,000 for a putter that works for me in a custom fitting is something I am willing to pay for.  

It seems like a lot but it’s a very important piece of golf equipment.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

Interesting read, this thread~!

Basically see two camps divided, one side the "I'll use whatever broomstick I find for under $100", and the other extreme, of "whatever it takes, I'll pay it" in the $500 and up range.

A few outliers in the $1000 and up, you know who you are 😆.

No judgement here though, I've got more putters than drivers, and I have a lot of drivers hahaha.

I personally land in the "whatever it takes" camp. Tried some that looked cool / had good marketing etc, some that were kinda limited run, like the OG Cobra 3D printed one.

Finally settled last summer on the Odyssey Versa 7. Then about a month ago I saw a Youtube vid where they tested the standard Odyssey face, vs the same putter with the Ai face, and of course the Ai had a way tighter dispersion etc on off center hits, so back to the well I go! hahaha

Yes, I have a problem 🤣

we got a pool and a pond... the pond would be good for you

If the putter was good enough a thousand dollars would be worth it.  Unlike a driver the putter can be used for many years and not have to worry about all the new technologies with the rest of our clubs.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

I really don’t have a limit to what I spend for a gamer: considering what I spent on my driver & 3 wood, I could see spending a stack on a custom LAB putter, if the results justified it. Considering you could theoretically use for the rest of your golfing career, the cost per season would be pretty low if you used it long enough.

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

Been fun to read the responses. I think I am in the $500 or so range. Again that caveat being that I am properly fit and I have been able to see the benefits vs my current model. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Before you buy a putter get a putter fitting. 
$150

Played golf for over 50 years until my health and business calendar reduced my time to less then 5 rounds a year. Then 4 years ago I retired, changed my diet and lifestyle, lost 100 pounds and got back on the course. Its been a struggle but things are getting better.

On March 10th 2024 at 9am, I thought to myself, “There is no way that a putter is worth $1000!” This was the time Jon Sinclair was explaining the way he had developed the TPT putter shaft for LAB Golf. 

Fast forward a few hours until after I finished my fitting for driver, fairway metal, and hybrid and I went to his putter room and began putting with the LINK1 with the TPT shaft. I’ve gone back since and putted with it again. 

I have $500 set aside from selling old clubs, and plan on selling all my non-LAB putters and will be purchasing this $1000 putter in the near future. 

The only reason this has not been a priority is that I have a LAB DF2.1 with Accra shaft which is an awesome putter. Full disclosure, I didn’t pay for that one, I would have had a hard time justifying $559 for a LINK1 Stock model, would never have bought the DF2.1, and didn’t think the shaft made any difference. $698 or whatever the value was would have been unthinkable. I was wrong. 

I chose the DF2.1 to prove a point. That the head shape was a superior design in terms of forgiveness, and it was not a crutch for bad putters. I chose the Accra shaft because it was white and would look good with the bright red head. Since I was in essence promoting their product I chose flashy. Of course, if their product would have been crap, I wouldn’t have gamed it or promoted it. 

Now, it’s not without flaws. It does not feel great with every ball. For instance, Bridgestone and even the ProV1x and other harder balls don’t feel great. Conversely, the ProV1, AVX, TP5 feel awesome. So that’s an easy fix. However, it takes up a lot bag space. 

Sorry for the rehashing of the DF2.1 review, and back to the original question. I guess I would pay $1000 for a putter, but I wouldn’t be for a copy of “favorite pros” putter he used to win the “fill in the blank” Championship or even the actual putter. It would be performance driven. It would have features, advantages, and benefits that added the true value. 

Will the LINK1/TPT help me make more putts than my current putter? Probably not, but only because I already have a great putter. I also have 6 putters that I will never go back to playing, so why not sell them and get one that I will play?

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Considering that it is the most used club in the bag, I think that it would only be fair to treat the putter the same way most golfers seem to treat the driver. I would be open to spending in the $500 range for a putter assuming that it was the result of having a legitimate fitting to get everything dialed in from the start. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

I wouldn't have thought i'd ever do it a few years ago, but i reckon about $500 is what i'd spend on one (and i did just a few years ago, on a custom LAB DF 2.1 putter).  I never really intended to do it, but i had the putter  in my hands on two different occasions over the course of about 18 months, and both times i rolled it, it just seemed to roll so effortlessly and accurately.  So i took the plunge.

It does seem to be a waste on a club that doesn't hit the ball very far, but in all  honesty,  it's probably wiser than buying a driver brand new at $500-$600 every few years.  The drivers made nowadays are absolutely fragile, and they do have a "hit limit", assuming you swing the club 95+ mph.  Putters don't.  And you're touching a ball more often during a round with a putter in crucial situations than a driver.  So when you step back and look at the big picture, a high-tech putter is probably a wiser investment than a driver.  But ONLY if you plan on keeping it for a long time.  Not a problem for me; i stuck with a Ping Pal from about 1985-2010, and only changed to the Ping Karsten TR Pal from 2010-2020 🙂

I paid $450 for a Rife Two Bar Hybrid back in 2008, which was more than a driver back then. I still game it so I guess I have gotten my monies worth out of it.  I would do it again too.

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Well, I'm currently waiting for the LAB DF3 that I paid £549 for, so I guess that's my limit!  

Predictably, the Toulon Atlanta has been putting its heart out since being told it's for the spare bag!  

IMG_8768.jpeg

Driver: Ping G430LST, Kaili White S

3 Wood: Ping G425LST, Kaili White S

3H: Callaway XR16OS, Tour AD-DI 8S

4&5H: Callaway Apex Pro, Tour AD-DI 8S

6-PW: Taylormade P770 ('23 model), KBS Tour Lite S

50/54/60: Vokey SM9, Modus 3 115 

Putter: L.A.B. DF3

Backup putter: Toulon Atlanta flow neck with KBS OneStep shaft 

Agree with the overall sentiment here   it's a critical partt of game and used every hole...almost. that said feel changes or sometimes just looking at different head can help get out of putting funks. Stroke is so small precise lead tape could make a difference so w that said 300 would be max.  I just bought eleven from Callaway my first mallet and enjoying it 

I have paid £350.00 for a putter, but I now wish I didn't as it is my technique which is the problem not the type of putter. I think £250 is probably the maximum anyone should have to pay, as we are the people paying for the pro's snapping their clubs or throwing them in a lake.

Ping 425 LS 9' Driver Mizuno JPX921 forged irons Mizuno T22 50' 54' 58' wedges and Ping putter

It’s the club you use the most, plus it’s a statement club. Get the one that works for you and makes you happy to own. I love my Evnroll.

Ping G410LST, G425 3W-3hb, JPX 921 Forged 4-5i, Tour 6-GW, TM Hi-Toe Raw 56, TM ATV TP 60, Odyssey mallet.