Testers Wanted: Precision Pro Titan Elite Rangefinder ×

Bridgestone MindSet Golf Ball Testing - (Sampling and Shot Scope Ops)

14 hours ago, Rob Person said:

How many of you are:

A. Using the mindset process in conjunction with the logo as some form of alignment.

B. Only applying the mindset process.

C. Only using the logo as an alignmnet aid.

I already mentioned that I am a medium A, But a strong B everytime.

A - As a tester I want to test how they designed it first. 

Did a deeper look at my BXS balls and noticed some strange aspects in the cover. IMG_1038.jpeg.549655eb4d7ccba712d2a13810ffe93c.jpeg

IMG_1041.jpeg.da92c8d6d8ea0169013437fced274214.jpeg

IMG_1040.jpeg.7018079ffbb8be194f6c30a10141d9f1.jpeg

I know some have noticed blemishes but these look intentional. Anyone else see what looks like numbers stamped into the cover? Just thought it was odd. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

24 minutes ago, Preeway said:

Did a deeper look at my BXS balls and noticed some strange aspects in the cover. IMG_1038.jpeg.549655eb4d7ccba712d2a13810ffe93c.jpeg

IMG_1041.jpeg.da92c8d6d8ea0169013437fced274214.jpeg

IMG_1040.jpeg.7018079ffbb8be194f6c30a10141d9f1.jpeg

I know some have noticed blemishes but these look intentional. Anyone else see what looks like numbers stamped into the cover? Just thought it was odd. 

Welp, definitely odd

IMG20240513203340.jpg.6422df591975bc15107831ecacd0ab83.jpg

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Welp, definitely odd

IMG20240513203340.jpg.6422df591975bc15107831ecacd0ab83.jpg

We talked about this in the other Bridgestone ball test a few months ago ( same balls, but without the mindset logo)

It was determined that it was probably manufacturing sites, batch numbers, or lot numbers

Edited by Rob Person

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

25 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

We talked about this in the other Bridgestone ball test a few months ago ( same balls, but without the mindset logo)

It was determined that it was probably manufacturing sites, batch numbers, or lot numbers

Ahh gotcha. Okay thanks Rob.

WITB

Yesterday's round was probably not a good test for the ball, as the course was so wet from weekend rains that it was almost unplayable. However, I hit some good shots using the process, but I also think at times it is hiving me a "hit" tendency instead of swinging and letting the ball get in the way. My bad shots tend to be some of the worst I ever experience when I focus so steadily on the green dot. Feast or famine!

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: Callaway Apex CF19 with UST Recoil F2 shafts
Wedges: Callaway MD5 54° and 58° with KBS steel shafts.
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet or Toulon Portland
Ball:  Currently Bridgestone Tour B RX Mindset

6 hours ago, Rob Person said:

I suppose that could be the case but why risk messing with the aerodynamics when you could put that information on the box? Maybe it’s much ado about nothing?

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

On 5/4/2024 at 9:33 PM, Big moose said:

We're Supposed to play 5 times this week but with all the rain predicted I'll be lucky to get 2 days in. Next time I play I'm going to compare a prov to the mindset ball. I really like markings on the ball off the tee, I tried it putting but I don't like it, its too much to look at I would rather just use the line on the side of the ball. 

The Pro v1 out performed the mindset ball off the tee on average by 10 yards, I didn't notice too much difference off the irons, around the green was the biggest difference. Because I play the tour BRX I am used to the ball rolling out more but the Pro v was really checking up and I was leaving my chip shots short. I still like the process with the mindset ball off the tee but I don't like putting with it.

Frank musolino 

Okay so this is my first time using a Bridgestone Tour B RX ball. Upon opening the box I have to say the packaging was really nice. Standard box with sleeves but they had a lot of notes regarding the philosophy of the mindset on the box as well as inside. The structure of the ball was really nice. I felt the shell held up throughout the round and had minimal cosmetic damages after the round. I really liked the way the ball responded off the irons and around the greens. Decent spin without sacrificing feel. As for the mindset, I tried really hard on every green to go through the steps and I felt each color was a nice way to kind of clear the mechanism but when it came time to focus on the green dot and clear everything else out I found that to be a challenge.  With that being said when I used the arrow as an alignment aid and just went through the steps without the dot I really liked the ball. Great feel and I would recommend it to those folks with a slow-mid swing speed. Thanks for letting me test and I will follow up with any findings from my future rounds with Bridgestone Tour B RX balls.

Shane Lawton

I got a dozen in the other day; I'm hoping I can get out for 9 holes to try them out sometime within the next few days, schedule permitting. 

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D7 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact

Posted (edited)

Took the Mindset balls out for a round at the NC State course in Raleigh yesterday. A couple of comments:

Distance seemed to be no better, no worse than my current gamer (Srixon Soft Feel). But I was able to check up some wedges which I'm not accustomed to doing. Others rolled out, off the green, etc.

I played one ball for the first nine (which was the back nine due to aeration on the front side). Changed balls before playing #10 again, and promptly bladed a sand shot into the deep fescue on #11, never to be seen again, so went back to the original ball. The reason I changed at the turn is that I noticed the Mindset graphics were wearing off the ball. Didn't bounce it off any trees or cart paths, so it would be due to club strikes and/or the sand from my too-frequent visits to the beach. Focusing on the green dot seems to help once I have my other swing thoughts right, but I think I could focus just as well on the number or the Srixon logo on my gamer, now that I'm familiar with the concept.

Edited by ILMgolfnut

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

I got a dozen in the other day; I'm hoping I can get out for 9 holes to try them out sometime within the next few days, schedule permitting. 

4 minutes ago, Joe Maxwell said:

I received a dozen of the Bridgestone Tour B RX mindset balls yesterday just as I was going out to play. Really liked the feel of the ball. I did seem to focus more while looking at the green dot. Still working on using to line up putts. Thanks Bridgestone!!

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

On 5/9/2024 at 6:58 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

I'm particularly proud of this one and have been working with Garmin on this for the last few months to get it to be what we both want. 

Going to be a fun one to follow along with and see how it sorts itself out!

Taylormade driver and fairway woods 

On 5/13/2024 at 8:42 AM, Durf said:

My box arrived this weekend!  Can't wait to play them tonight and see how they feel!

First round was nice, very pleased with the ball.  Reacted and played just like the typical premium balls I play.  Looking forward to a couple more rounds.  

Mick

One thing I've learned is I'm more of a head case than I had thought. The system for focusing on and blocking out distractions works great but I have not fully engrained or trusted the process yet. The second I'm a little off the rails I feel like it amplifies the car crash that is my golf swing. I'm thinking I'll need to start taking some mindfulness lessons or classes.

Ian Lydon

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9.5

3W: Cobra LTDx

3H: Callaway XR 16 Pro

Irons: Titleist T100 (2023) PW-6, Titleist T200 (2023) 5-4

Wedges: Sub 70 (52 and 58 Tester)

Putter: Ping Anser G2

My dozen just came in late afternoon yesterday. I'm really excited to try these out and see how they play. I always played random balls that I had and never used a consistent ball until a few months ago. I bought Distance+ as my first test mainly because it was 2 dozen for $35, and I was not a fan. I fade my shots and seemed like this ball turned my fades into slices. Not long after I went and purchased Maxfli Trifli off a recommendation and now my fades stay as a fade and don't go slicing OB; much happier. I hope to go out this Friday and see how these handle. 

P.s. This Mindset test will be even more interesting because I'm actually colorblind and the red and green they chose are a little tough on me. Can't wait to see how that effects the play as well.

:taylormade-small: R11

:1332069271_TommyArmour: 3H 18°

:adams-small: 4i-PW XTD Tour

:titleist-small: SM9 52° & 58°

Top Flite Gamer Putter (Previous: Ping Anser from my dad, but he took it back 😠😅

PFM! Pure...Magic!

I am happy to have received the dozen Bridgestone Mindset balls.  So I guess I am part of this test. 

Anyway, I already love these balls, having used an older model Tour B RXS to win the 2021 Skagit Open with an eagle on our #1 handicap long par 4. 

The balls are well known as the lowest compression ball, 3-piece with a spinny Surlyn cover, so they work great for me, being a lower swing speed hitter who relies on getting max distance and consequently needs good short game precision and results to score well. 

Now, onto the 2024 version.  I do note that the dimples are deeper and seem of more varied diameter than the older Tour B RXS.  I have not been able to discern a difference in distance, but they are certainly as long as the 2023 Tour B RXS.   Ditto, spin on shots around the green, at least as good, maybe slightly better than 2023, certainly better than 2021 and 2023. 

I am adapting steadily more to the Mindset visual mantra and three step process.  And, why not?  It does not interfere with my single swing thought du jour, indeed helps me focus more on it and my pre shot routine in general which, at current, is Jordan Speith in 2014, esp the Australian Open of that year.   And I now use it, rather than the Tour B RXS logo line for lining up my ball to my intended putting line. 

I did play y'day with both and 2023 and 2024 Tour B RXS and found myself gravitating to the 2024, of course.   Soon I will do a comparative test round and report on it.  

Cheers my fellow Spys!!

Dee8ch

"Hit it hard. It's gotta lamd somewhere."

--Ben Hogan

Great fun to be a part of this one! I received mine just in time to play 9 holes on Sunday morning and figured first impressions are worth something, right?

A quick background, I am a weekend warrior nowadays. I got ok playing high school golf (20 years ago) but my game was much different back then.  Mostly, I’ve happily gotten quite a bit faster (110-115 mph) but lost my feel in the short game…that’s golf I guess.  I’m looking for a ball that can out-perform either the Srixon z-star or the maxfli tours that i normally play. 

IMG_4259.jpeg.55296f02e2cdb47568fc1d5a49f5560b.jpeg

So I spent some time going over the videos to internalize the theory.  I think “mindset” is a really nice, tight technique that could really help stay present for each shot, which is something that  I have been working on, but can sometimes forget to do.  It’s also refreshing to see something a little different to differentiate the normally boring alignment lines.  Though I have been practicing heads up putting lately, I still believe that the theory will be helpful.  However, it cold and rainy really put some pressure on my ability to use the mindset technique for my first go.

Two things initially stood out.  First, I found myself really liking the technique off the tee and on the greens, but forgot about it on a few approach shots.  I hit some good shots despite the bad conditions, and I believe that the technique really helped.  Second, the BX is a monster in the wind, it cut through much better than my normal maxfli tours, really impressive because I quite like that ball. 

I'm excited for my next round. Hopefully in the sun. 

:ping-small: g430 lst

:titleist-small: TS2 20* hybrid, New Level PF-2: P-7; 902: 6-5

:taylormade-small: hi-toe 51* and 57*

:mizuno-small: M Craft IV

11 hours ago, brodonnell17 said:

P.s. This Mindset test will be even more interesting because I'm actually colorblind and the red and green they chose are a little tough on me. Can't wait to see how that effects the play as well.

This is something I had not considered . I know the logo is supposed to help remind you to use the process based on color identification,  do you think that just seeing the logo itself will aid in implementing the "I V F" process into your routine?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

This is something I had not considered . I know the logo is supposed to help remind you to use the process based on color identification,  do you think that just seeing the logo itself will aid in implementing the "I V F" process into your routine?

I believe it will. Growing up I've adapted to using shapes over color. At least in this scenario my mind is connecting big circle, inner circle (although the yellow stands out easily) and dot, rather than red yellow green. I’ll confirm once I play how it goes. 

:taylormade-small: R11

:1332069271_TommyArmour: 3H 18°

:adams-small: 4i-PW XTD Tour

:titleist-small: SM9 52° & 58°

Top Flite Gamer Putter (Previous: Ping Anser from my dad, but he took it back 😠😅

PFM! Pure...Magic!

Posted (edited)

I have five rounds with the Mindset under my belt.  The latest was playing our back nine twice yesterday due to aeration.  

I know that there's a significant difference between correlation and causation.  In golf, it's often hard to totally separate the two at times.   With only five rounds in, it's tough to single out if the Mindset process has yielded my recent string of consistent golf or it's just a hot streak that coincides with introducing the Bridgestone ball into my game.  

Discounting the one round immediately after food poisoning (assignable cause) I've had my best score...ever (75), no double bogies in my last 48 holes and only five double bogies total in four rounds.   It's probably the most consistent golf I've played for a long time.  Is it due to the Mindset process?  Tough to say.  There are so many other variables that come into play.  However, I can safely say that it likely helped and certainly didn't hurt.  

Edited by Golf2Much
Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54.12D & 58.08M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

My Titleist SM10 Wedge Review:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64494-vokey-sm10-wedges-2024-forum-review/?do=findComment&comment=1065367

I’ve been having a lot of success with finding more fairways using the Bridgestone. My shot scope data thus far backs that up, with a lot less penalties taken. 

While I don’t love the ball, I will be doing some experimenting with this using my normal Prov1. I’ll draw something similar to the green and red circles on the ball. I do think this ball is giving more purpose for tee shots especially. 

Paradym Trip D

Titliest t150

I put the RX up against the ProV1X left dash in the sim, testing what I thought to be the case from the course, and confirmed that, for me and my swing, the RX is longer and straighter.  This is due to lower spin and lower ball flight.

I will keep gaming the RX for certain.

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :taylormade-small: Brnr Mini driver 13.5* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M1 Otto-Phlex)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids
  •  Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (:projectx: wedge shafts 6.5)
  • :L.A.B.: DF 2.1 (BTG shaft)
  • :redrooster: Gloves

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

Much better round today using the process. I still think "visualizing" my shot is a weakness. I "plan" what I want to do, but don't always "see" the shot before hitting it. I am better at focusing on the green dot and the ball on the tee and green, but I am hit-and-miss when it comes to doing that if the Mindset graphic isn't showing. For putting, I think I need a longer line for lining up my putts, the little orange arrow doesn't do it for me. In fact, it could be longer for more functionality everywhere as far as I am concerned.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: Callaway Apex CF19 with UST Recoil F2 shafts
Wedges: Callaway MD5 54° and 58° with KBS steel shafts.
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet or Toulon Portland
Ball:  Currently Bridgestone Tour B RX Mindset

I just got a dozen shipped to me and it was exactly the excuse I needed to get out for a quick 9. I receive the Bridgestone Tour B RX and they performed great. Bridgestone has slowly been working its way into my game a bit more recently and these performed great. I can't say I noticed a huge difference hole-to-hole but I did find myself feeling confident as a I stepped into shots by having the brief yet easy to remember routine at address.

Will need to use them some more to see if it was a happy coincidence but I did find they took my mind off high pressure shots a bit which was great. What's the highest pressure shot in golf? The tee shot when a group lets you play through and are all watching. Had this come up on the third hole and I definitely felt the shift in focus by walking through the process and proceeded to hit one of my better drives of the day. Endorsements may not get better than that.

IMG_2024.jpg

IMG_1992.jpg

Driver: Mizuno STZ, HZRDUS Smoke Green 60S, 9.5 Degree 

3 Wood:  Taylormade M2 (2019)

Hybrids:  Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 21 degree, Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 4

Irons:  Adams XTD (Looking to upgrade!)

Wedges:  Taylormade Milled Grind

Putter:  Odyssey #7

Ball: Vice Pro Plus, Taylormade Tp5x, Kirkland 

Push Cart Mafia - Clicgear 4.0  (See more here)

On 5/15/2024 at 11:47 AM, PhilM75072 said:

Much better round today using the process. I still think "visualizing" my shot is a weakness. I "plan" what I want to do, but don't always "see" the shot before hitting it. I am better at focusing on the green dot and the ball on the tee and green, but I am hit-and-miss when it comes to doing that if the Mindset graphic isn't showing. For putting, I think I need a longer line for lining up my putts, the little orange arrow doesn't do it for me. In fact, it could be longer for more functionality everywhere as far as I am concerned.

Agree with the visualizing part of the process.  Not sure what I am supposed to do there.

Lefty.  Calloway woods.  Taylor Made Irons. Will play in snow. 

Posted (edited)

Another round in the books using the RX Mindsets today. Overall, it was a good day and I have taken a liking to them. Will post an unofficial review this weekend as I have enough information to give my full opinion. 

Keep em rolling everybody 🙃

Edited by Michael.Sandoval33

WITB

Hi All. Didn't think I was selected, but a dozen Bridgestone RX balls were delivered to my house yesterday without any info. So I am assuming its from MyGolfSpy. So first of all, thank you and super pumped to try these balls out.  Will be playing 9 (or simulator) tomorrow.

As a higher handicapper, i'm thinking the MindSet protocols is something that can help my game.

Cobra Drivers and Callaway Irons and Wedges.  Still looking for the right Putter and Hybrids.