Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×
2024 PGA Contest by MyClubFitter and My Golf Spy ×

Unofficial Ping G430 Max 10k Review & Update

RoyN

[[Template forums/front/topics/postContainer is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hey I'll take 50% fairways hit anytime!  That's great you found one that works.  I'm hoping that Titleist has gone the 10K route for their next release.  🤔

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

@RoyN good info! If I were looking for a new driver (tho am not this season) this one is def up there on the list.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

On 4/5/2024 at 8:48 AM, golfinnut said:

Hey I'll take 50% fairways hit anytime!  That's great you found one that works.  I'm hoping that Titleist has gone the 10K route for their next release.  🤔

Cough... late summer... cough... New driver... cough

Not 10k.

:ping-small:G430 Max 10k 9°

:cleveland-small:3+ Hy-wood 17°

:cleveland-small:4+ Hy-wood 20°

:ping-small:4 Hybrid 22°

:srixon-small:Zx5 mkII 5i-P

:cleveland-small:CBX 48°, CBX FF 53° & 58°

:cleveland-small:Frontline Elevado 

:srixon-small:Z-Star

My local range was doing a special fitting week so I went along to try my G430LST against the Max 10K.  I've been intrigued by all the amazing reviews I've been reading about it and watching on YouTube so I wanted to see for myself.  Best way to do that was with a paid for fitting session.  

We tried the same configuration in both clubs - 10.5 degree turned down to 9.5 with Kaili white stiff shaft.  After I'd warmed up we took baseline data from 5 drives with my LST, then tried the Max10K.  

Ball speed was exactly the same - not approximately, exactly which must be a statistical anomaly! Launch and spin were higher with the Max 10K and dispersion was poor.  It's not for me and the LST remains the better fit.  But it's a must try club if you're looking for a new driver.  

Driver: Ping G430LST, Kaili White S

3 Wood: Ping G425LST, Kaili White S

3H: Callaway XR16OS, Tour AD-DI 8S

4&5H: Callaway Apex Pro, Tour AD-DI 8S

6-PW: Taylormade P770 ('23 model), KBS Tour Lite S

50/54/60: Vokey SM9, Modus 3 115 

Putter: L.A.B. DF3

Backup putter: Toulon Atlanta flow neck with KBS OneStep shaft 

On 4/4/2024 at 6:26 PM, RoyN said:

Only 2 balls lost off the tee and that's obviously more the player than the club.

2 balls lost off the tee for 6 rounds sounds great to me, haha. 

That's awesome you tested both the current gen and the previous gen on each brand. I think this was a good year to do that. I'd love to do that too. The Ping G430 line definitely has my eye. I think I would be better fit with an LST knowing my past fittings. Thanks for posting your experience here for us!

Edited by HikingMike

Driver: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png G400 LST 8.5°

3W: cobra2.png.60653951979ca617ca859530a17d0a2d.png King Speedzone

Irons: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png i200 (3 thru PW & UW)

Wedge: Ray Cook 60 deg

Putter: Spalding TP Mills 3

Tech: golfshot.png.5c17c64b9425413b3bf24668ce3fa044.png on Apple Watch & phone

On 4/14/2024 at 9:01 AM, Braehead said:

My local range was doing a special fitting week so I went along to try my G430LST against the Max 10K.  I've been intrigued by all the amazing reviews I've been reading about it and watching on YouTube so I wanted to see for myself.  Best way to do that was with a paid for fitting session.  

We tried the same configuration in both clubs - 10.5 degree turned down to 9.5 with Kaili white stiff shaft.  After I'd warmed up we took baseline data from 5 drives with my LST, then tried the Max10K.  

Ball speed was exactly the same - not approximately, exactly which must be a statistical anomaly! Launch and spin were higher with the Max 10K and dispersion was poor.  It's not for me and the LST remains the better fit.  But it's a must try club if you're looking for a new driver.  

Well now you know! But great example like I said, the 10K seems to be the max version of the LST and some won't see a difference. Got to love the ball speeds being identical! And higher spin and launch is what I would expect compared to the LST.

I love my Ping G430 Max 10K! I won longest drive at Omni's PGA Frisco West course earlier this week with it and it was slightly off the toe. It's amazing.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9º | Ping Tour 2.0 Black 75S

Fairway Wood: Ping G430 Max 3W 15º | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 75S

Hybrids: Ping G425 Max 3H 19º | Tensei Orange 80S & Ping 4i iCrossover 22.5° | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 Forged (5-GW) | Dynamic Gold 120 S300

Wedges: Ping s159 54º & 58º | PING Z-Z115

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour

Ball: 2023 ProV1x / 2024 Vice Pro Plus

I recently also bought the 10k. I’ve been waiting over 3 weeks for it come in(the joys of x-stiff shafts and custom orders). After testing drivers multiple times through the spring I noticed that it was really easy to keep online and didn’t matter where I hit it on the face ball stayed fairly straight. Yardage drop offs on mishit balls was minimal compared to other models. There was a few drivers that I found longer but nothing that kept the ball online like the 10k. Hopefully I’ll get it soon and can really test it out on the course. I swore I would never buy another driver off simulator results only but here I go again. 

MM

On 4/19/2024 at 11:43 AM, I like to hit bombs said:

For me it's been the unicorn combo of being very forgiving while keeping the spin lowish.

It really is. Just hit 10 of 14 FW on Sunday. And 2 of the misses were in the first cut of rough and an unlucky bounce in a FW bunker, no barely offline. The 1 shot I really missed and was headed OB hit a tree and stayed in play and got it back in the FW on a Par 5. By the 16th I had one of my playing partners asking to use it thr last few holes.