PGA Championship 2024

Splatt

Nice to see Xander finally win one. Was always seeming like just a matter of time when he'd break through and win one. Figure there's a couple more for him to win now.

Valhalla seemed incredibly long but not super difficult. Bit of a change from the most recent PGA Championships where they were starting to look like US Opens almost.

On a completely unrelated note, I don't know who designed/built/cut the alternate fairway on 18 but clearly they did not consider the aerial view. Phallic-shaped would be an understatement lol

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

Will people remember this PGA as the one Scottie got arrested or Xanders first one? In my opinion I will remember this tournament more for Scottie getting arrested because I did not believe the headline at first. I also think it will be followed up by saying he shot a 66 right afterwards. I am glad to see Bryson and Viktor playing well. I do feel bad for Colin for not being able to not get anything going

1. Driver Ping G5
  2. 3 Wood Ping G5
  3. 22 degree hybrid Ping G5
  4. Irons Ping G5 4-SW
  5. Putter Ping Anser 2
  6. Ball, anything that finds water

Glad Xander finally got it done. Guy has been the bridesmaid too many times. Thought he was going to choke after the drives on 17 and 18 but he clutched up!

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 Ventus TR Black 5 S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :vokey-small: 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: :L.A.B.: DF3 x Accra

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

11 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

On a completely unrelated note, I don't know who designed/built/cut the alternate fairway on 18 but clearly they did not consider the aerial view. Phallic-shaped would be an understatement lol

Ha!  Didn't even notice that! 😆

7 hours ago, AverageSizedDog said:

Will people remember this PGA as the one Scottie got arrested or Xanders first one? In my opinion I will remember this tournament more for Scottie getting arrested because I did not believe the headline at first. I also think it will be followed up by saying he shot a 66 right afterwards. I am glad to see Bryson and Viktor playing well. I do feel bad for Colin for not being able to not get anything going

Yup, I will agree with this. Tough shadow to be under for a MAJOR accomplishment and win. 

3 hours ago, yungkory said:

Glad Xander finally got it done. Guy has been the bridesmaid too many times.

Totally! I have been a fan of his for awhile, and loved seeing him pull it off!  

I always like to see playoff holes in any tournament.   Who do you think would have prevailed if this event went that way?

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

2 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Ha!  Didn't even notice that! 😆

Yup, I will agree with this. Tough shadow to be under for a MAJOR accomplishment and win. 

Totally! I have been a fan of his for awhile, and loved seeing him pull it off!  

I always like to see playoff holes in any tournament.   Who do you think would have prevailed if this event went that way?

I think the first playoff hole would have been 18. I feel like its hard not to think that Bryson's length would have been favored in a par 5 start. 

Driver:   G425 Max w/Hzardous im10
Fairway:  M4 3 wood w/fujikura atmos Cobra LTDx 5 wood w/hzrdous im10 shaft
Hybrids:  G425  max 3 hybrid w/alta cb      
Irons:      P790 4-pw  w/ dynamic gold 95
Wedge:   50 degree MG4 54/58 degree MG3 w/dynamic gold r300
Putter:   white hot versa double bend seven 

Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2024 at 8:58 PM, funkyjudge said:

Are you kidding? It’s still a 100% love fest for Tiger. In fact, so much so that it has been sickening for several years.

I think you may have misunderstood me. I'm saying that Golf (the game.... the golf gods) smile on  an individual for a time.... then, move on to another. The "just ask Tiger" statement was about his fall as a player.... falling out of grace with the game/gods. Scottie rocks, but he isn't immune to the cruelness of the game/gods. No one player ever stays on top... just ask Tiger. 😉

Edited by silver & black

12 minutes ago, silver & black said:

I think you may have misunderstood me. I'm saying that Golf (the game.... the golf gods) smile on  an individual for a time.... then, move on to another. The "just ask Tiger" statement was about his fall as a player.... falling out of grace with the game/gods. Scottie rocks, but he isn't immune to the cruelness of the game/gods. No one player ever stays on top... just ask Tiger. 😉

I think Father Time caught him before the golf gods did.. He was on top as long as his body allowed him and maybe a little after.. Like almost 700 weeks.. I'm only right at 40 and can see the advantage the 20 year old have on me and they aren't pros 

:PXG:Bubba Ivy 

7 hours ago, Bubba1985 said:

I think Father Time caught him before the golf gods did.. He was on top as long as his body allowed him and maybe a little after.. Like almost 700 weeks.. I'm only right at 40 and can see the advantage the 20 year old have on me and they aren't pros 

True, father time is undefeted. IMO, Tiger's fall has/had more to do with his personal life and the choices he made... injury and age have certainly contributed.

Man, that final round was a nail-biter!  Xander's putt on 18 had me glued to the screen.  Would have loved to see Scottie make a run for it after the whole pre-tournament drama, but hey, Xander's been on fire lately.  Anyone else surprised Bryson wasn't more of a factor this time around?  Valhalla seemed like it would have suited his game perfectly.

2 hours ago, Matt Arnold said:

Man, that final round was a nail-biter!  Xander's putt on 18 had me glued to the screen.  Would have loved to see Scottie make a run for it after the whole pre-tournament drama, but hey, Xander's been on fire lately.  Anyone else surprised Bryson wasn't more of a factor this time around?  Valhalla seemed like it would have suited his game perfectly.

Bryson finished in second place. How much more of a factor could he have been? Do you mean Brooks?

On 5/21/2024 at 12:06 PM, FrogginBullfish said:

Bryson finished in second place. How much more of a factor could he have been? Do you mean Brooks?

I was thinking the same thing. He had a great final round himself. and although he didn't close out 18 with an eagle him birdying forced xander back on offense to finish it without a playoff.  

I think the course on the whole was pretty mediocre unfortunately which is sad because between that and Scottie I do think xanders first win becomes more of an afterthought to this major. Curious if between the masters and this Colin makes a meaningful putter change (vs bouncing between two different blades) cause it has let him down massively as of late. 

Driver:   G425 Max w/Hzardous im10
Fairway:  M4 3 wood w/fujikura atmos Cobra LTDx 5 wood w/hzrdous im10 shaft
Hybrids:  G425  max 3 hybrid w/alta cb      
Irons:      P790 4-pw  w/ dynamic gold 95
Wedge:   50 degree MG4 54/58 degree MG3 w/dynamic gold r300
Putter:   white hot versa double bend seven 

Posted (edited)

While withholding full judgement because we can't see the initial part of the encounter, it sure looks like this LEO is embellished a lot in the report.  I don't see the officer being drug by the car or falling to the ground to suffer scrapes and bruises.  I don't see anything that could be considered to resemble assault on a police officer.  🤷‍♂️  The only thing that appears to be true is that Scottie didn't get out of the car immediately.

Edited by Syks7

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Ventus Velocore+ Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&3 -- Tensei CK Orange

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 56/10º@55º  58º/10  C-Taper Lite 110

Putter

Test.png Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

1 minute ago, Syks7 said:

While withholding full judgement because we can't see the initial part of the encounter, it sure looks like this LEO is embellished a lot in the report.  I don't see the officer being drug by the car or falling to the ground to suffer scrapes and bruises.  I don't see anything that could be considered to resemble assault on a police officer.  🤷‍♂️  The only thing that appears to be true is that Scottie didn't get out of the car immediately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnWeQfNMLmM

This video doesn't make them look any better.  From what I have heard an eyewitness said the officer fell before this, perhaps tripped on the median?  

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Velocore+ Red 6S

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:callaway-small: Apex Pro 16

rivl.jpg.451a4db0b8a2d10598295b520557b7c9.jpg  Rivl 52 Black

rivl.jpg.451a4db0b8a2d10598295b520557b7c9.jpg  Rivl 58 Black

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

9 minutes ago, Syks7 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that Scheffler dragged the cop with his car? I'm not seeing that here. Looks like that cop chased the car down and gave it a high-flying elbow drop. 

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

3 minutes ago, TSauer said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that Scheffler dragged the cop with his car? I'm not seeing that here. Looks like that cop chased the car down and gave it a high-flying elbow drop. 

12 minutes ago, poprocksncoke said:

This video doesn't make them look any better.  From what I have heard an eyewitness said the officer fell before this, perhaps tripped on the median?  

Pretty much what I'm seeing.  It sure doesn't look like what was reported.  Even him getting out of the car doesn't seem confrontational until he gets slammed into the side of the car and cuffed.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Ventus Velocore+ Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&3 -- Tensei CK Orange

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 56/10º@55º  58º/10  C-Taper Lite 110

Putter

Test.png Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

• 2 weeks later...

It was interesting watching the Memorial this weekend provide more of a major-like challenge than the PGA Championship did. The biggest difference was the firmness of the greens and seeing how many approach shots bounced and rolled off, as compared to at Valhalla where all those shots just stuck. I'm sure that after all the rain at Valhalla the PGA was a bit limited in what the could do, but they really should make those kind of adjustments to keep it at a major-level challenge and not be just like many other tournaments. It was refreshing seeing the pros have less margin of error and  have to fight for some pars coming down the stretch at the Memorial.