Testers Wanted: ExPutt! ×

Special Exemption for TW's

Tiger's lifetime exemptions are into the regular tour events along with his Masters, PGA Championship, and Open Championship but originally not for the signature events. They were originally created for the so called meritocracy that the Tour loudly proclaims. As someone mentioned that he would probably not use all of these exemptions, that is debatable as he continuously insists how much better he is feeling and wants to play more. I can understand the Tour wanting to grab all the money and PR they can obtain from Tiger's appearance but pandering is not the way to go especially if the goal is to gain leverage over PIF.

Driver: Ping G430 SFT 10.5

Fairway Woods: Ping SFT G425 3-5

Hybrid   Ping G410 4H

Irons;    Ping G425 5-LW

Putter:  Ping Anser 2           

Ball:      Titleist Tour Speed/AVX

Bag:      Titleist

I don't have an issue.  As LIV continues to capture a percentage of the market share the PGA needs to be calculated and strategic in how they go about their business.  Tiger is irrelevant but also relevant at the same time.  He pulls people in because "hope floats".  While I know everyone wants to see him in the final group on Sunday afternoons the reality is he will most likely continue to miss cuts.  Tiger is more personable than ever (humbled by life and poor decisions) and that too is good for golf.  He is now a tremendous ambassador to the sport and the PGA was smart to recognize he does still move the needle.  

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

I think a lot of us on here have forgotten that the PGA Tour is an entertainment product that has to be sold. It is in the tours best interest to have the biggest name ever in the sport, and arguably the biggest name in athletics ever, in the field whenever possible. The R&A and USGA’s job is to protect the history/legacy/integrity of the game, not the pga tour. It exists because they posses a sellable product, and like any other business they made a move to protect their brand. I think people forget that outside of the Olympics (and really this is debatable too) sport is an entertainment business, just like music and movies.

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

2 hours ago, Micah T said:

I think a lot of us on here have forgotten that the PGA Tour is an entertainment product that has to be sold. It is in the tours best interest to have the biggest name ever in the sport, and arguably the biggest name in athletics ever, in the field whenever possible. The R&A and USGA’s job is to protect the history/legacy/integrity of the game, not the pga tour. It exists because they posses a sellable product, and like any other business they made a move to protect their brand. I think people forget that outside of the Olympics (and really this is debatable too) sport is an entertainment business, just like music and movies.

Exactly on many levels. How they setup courses is there to entertain their viewers. They want longer drives and lower scores. Their viewership, sponsors and partners do too. The PGA of America also does. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

15 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Exactly on many levels. How they setup courses is there to entertain their viewers. They want longer drives and lower scores. Their viewership, sponsors and partners do too. The PGA of America also does. 

If this is fact, we may need to re-think our position on the ball rollback.  Jacked balls would increase the odds of reaching more par 4's off the tee and even get the shortest hitters onto par 5's in two.  Let the quest for 54 begin.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

If this is fact, we may need to re-think our position on the ball rollback.  Jacked balls would increase the odds of reaching more par 4's off the tee and even get the shortest hitters onto par 5's in two.  Let the quest for 54 begin.

Well they want that with the current equipment which I’m good with.

Fast and firm fairways, non penalizing rough all make for lower scores. Shorter courses benefit the shorter hitters and longer courses penalize them. Strokes gained points this out. The tour has a good mixture of both right now.

Plus they don’t utilize the full length of the courses with tee boxes usually forward most days. I’m good with keeping things where they are at

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

I could understand the lifetime exemption if he were healthy. He is not the Tiger of old and those that come out to these tournaments, hoping to catch a glimpse of that are going to be a bit disappointed. Tiger has been through the grind his entire career and the last few years have been an absolute breaker. So for him to be able to walk is remarkable, but to expect him to play golf on his previous levels is just pure fantasy. 

18 minutes ago, That’s Mr. Dirt said:

I could understand the lifetime exemption if he were healthy. He is not the Tiger of old and those that come out to these tournaments, hoping to catch a glimpse of that are going to be a bit disappointed. Tiger has been through the grind his entire career and the last few years have been an absolute breaker. So for him to be able to walk is remarkable, but to expect him to play golf on his previous levels is just pure fantasy. 

Most people just want to see Tiger and most dont think they are going to get 2000s Tiger. He is still a good golfer and being able to watch an all time great athlete just for the chance to see one or two of those Tiger shots is what people are doing.

It’s like when mj was with the wizards. Nobody expected to see early Jordan. But he still had his moments, but you are getting the chance to just watch an all time great