Vice Golf Irons - 2024 Forum Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow our testers main posts in the links below!

@Tom the Golf Nut - Main Post 

@dback - Main Post 

@gingerbeast87 - Main Post 

@Splatt - Main Post

10 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I put an alignment stick so the club heads would touch to show they were to the heal. I put the ball in the center of each club face. Then took a photo with a yard stick in place.

IMG_0980.jpeg.8a6354ad3361d9149f38b5986da93ca0.jpeg

IMG_0981.jpeg.6c8c8d541651592ae25207b5db56df36.jpeg

If that's the Cobra on the left, the Vice look HUGE in comparison if they're the same iron number. It looks like there's more meat from the hosel to the scoring lines on the Vice but similar toe size/length. The Vice look taller too, at least in the picture.

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

5 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Would you believe that members are bitching that the course has closed a couple times in the past few days.

Honestly, yeah I do. People these days pretty much suck.

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

The Cobra is on the left and I used the same iron number for direct comparison. The heights are the same though.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

6 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

The front 9 was dry enough for play this morning. The VGI01 irons are still doing well with the combination of the Vice Pro Air ball.  

I’ve been curious about Vice Pro Air.  How does it compare to your usual ball?

Driver:  Ping G425 Max (10.5º; Regular )

Fwy:  Cobra King SZ (3; Regular); Ping G410 (5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

37 minutes ago, tdc1 said:

I'm holding off using mine until I am a little more used to the clubs, would rather not lose them 🤣

Ryan Gardiner 

Driver: Wilson Deep Red Maxx

Woods: 3W Cobra speedzone

Hybrid: 4H Cobra Speedzone

Irons: Cobra King F8 5-9, PW, GW

Wedges: Rife RX7 60:8 & 56:12

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro Hammer

Thanks, @Tom the Golf Nut.  When I tested the Maxfli Tours earlier this year I thought they were a solid ball but launched a little low for me with all my clubs.  Looking for a higher launching ball so will have to look seriously at the Air.

Driver:  Ping G425 Max (10.5º; Regular )

Fwy:  Cobra King SZ (3; Regular); Ping G410 (5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

4 hours ago, tdc1 said:

Check the vice ball thread.  I tested the vice pro air. It’s a solid golf ball

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

irons - Callaway Big Bertha 2002 (It's a long story!)

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

19 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

The front 9 was dry enough for play this morning. The VGI01 irons are still doing well with the combination of the Vice Pro Air ball.  Nice higher ball flight and dropping and landing softly with minimal roll out. I will say the PW, 9, and 8 are strutting their stuff lately with a lot of birdie looks. I won’t bore you with more ball marks and ball sitting by the pin photos today. I had to get done playing as quick as I could. Mosquito fest was on strong with some requesting permission from the tower for landing. I swear I thought I saw one with a saddle on its back.
I finally got to use the Vice Gap Wedge. Now that baby was hot right out of the gate. I had two 100 yard approaches and they were within a few feet of the pin. I also had two chips with it. One lipped out for a tap in birdie. The other left me with a one foot putt for par. So far so good for its maiden voyage. 
It didn’t take long to get used to the full face grooves.

Finished with two under for 9 with three birdies. 

I have to say that the performances you are getting, especially out of the scoring short irons, are quite impressive. 

How are the faces holding up? Just wondering if they are marking up quicker than you expected. 

Also, it might be a bit too early, but do you think these will replace your regular irons?

Edited by M-in2Golf

WITB

Cobra F9 driver

Adams golf 2 hybrid

Mizuno 9 wood

Cleveland Zipcore XL irons 5i - GW

Pron Wedge 52/10

Mizuno T20 wedge 56/10

Wilson Harmonized wedge 60/10

Seemore putter

3 minutes ago, M-in2Golf said:

I have to say that the performances you are getting, especially out of the scoring short irons, are quite impressive.  How are the faces holding up? Just wondering if they are marking up quicker than you expected.

Between two driving range sessions and a round of golf I have no marks on the faces at all.

Ryan Gardiner 

16 minutes ago, M-in2Golf said:

I have to say that the performances you are getting, especially out of the scoring short irons, are quite impressive. 

How are the faces holding up? Just wondering if they are marking up quicker than you expected. 

Also, it might be a bit too early, but do you think these will replace your regular irons?

How confident are you with these irons in hand? Additionally, which iron from the set gives you the most confidence?

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

irons - Callaway Big Bertha 2002 (It's a long story!)

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

12 minutes ago, Lefty11 said:

How confident are you with these irons in hand? Additionally, which iron from the set gives you the most confidence?

For me, I am still getting used to the feel of them. I am more confident in using the long irons than I was with my Cobra King F8's. Tonight up the course I am going to be focussing on using the irons to get more used to them. I feel like I need the practice on the course with them.

Ryan Gardiner 

1 hour ago, gingerbeast87 said:

For me, I am still getting used to the feel of them. I am more confident in using the long irons than I was with my Cobra King F8's. Tonight up the course I am going to be focussing on using the irons to get more used to them. I feel like I need the practice on the course with them.

Move to one of the front tee boxes and go irons only for a round. 🙂 I've seen several iron testers do that in the past. Forces you to use all of the irons throughout a round.

Putter:
Technology:

1 hour ago, Shrek74 said:

Move to one of the front tee boxes and go irons only for a round. 🙂 I've seen several iron testers do that in the past. Forces you to use all of the irons throughout a round.

I'll try that tonight! Thanks for the suggestion

Ryan Gardiner 

7 minutes ago, gingerbeast87 said:

I'll try that tonight! Thanks for the suggestion

You bet.

I need to try that myself since we don't have any executive / par 3 courses around. Lord knows my iron play needs a ton of work.

Putter:
Technology:

I placed my order with the specs I usually play and then Iread here about the phone fitting. I have one scheduled for couple hours from now. Hopefully I got close and they won't have to modify the order much. 

Any insight on what information I should have ready? I've got a simulator so I have a lot of information available about my swing. Placed my order with the specs I usually play then read here about the phone fitting. I have one scheduled for couple hours from now. Hopefully I got close and they won't have to modify the order much. 

20240727_091833.jpg

Edited by Off Map Oscar

I should be golfing instead of talking smack on the web.

55 minutes ago, gingerbeast87 said:

Weather permitting I'm going to go back up Thursday to get and other practice session in. I'm hoping my photographer (my lovely fiancée Tabby) is able to come next time to get some action shots.

If you aren't gonna put again try some just off bump and runs with the 8 iron. One thing I've noticed with super game improvements vs player distance irons is the short bumps on the game improvements tend to lay flatter and are a little harder to control distance on. I attributes this mostly to the loft differences. I like my 9 iron in the game improvements I have but find the 8 in my mizuno set to be more contolled.

35 minutes ago, Off Map Oscar said:

If you aren't gonna put again try some just off bump and runs with the 8 iron. One thing I've noticed with super game improvements vs player distance irons is the short bumps on the game improvements tend to lay flatter and are a little harder to control distance on. I attributes this mostly to the loft differences. I like my 9 iron in the game improvements I have but find the 8 in my mizuno set to be more contolled.

I did those too. I spent 3 hours up there last night 😁

Ryan Gardiner 

10 minutes ago, gingerbeast87 said:

I did those too. I spent 3 hours up there last night 😁

Nice. 

How does the sound compare to your old ones on each shot? Maybe a video with the phone right next to the ball with every 3rd club and  then the same shot with your old ones for comparison would add to the test. I've watched all the videos I can find on these so far and they sound great but it's deceiving cause they only hit the one brand and the speaker and compression change sound a lot. 

Ever shopped for mufflers online audio tracks have so much variable it's probably a waste of time🤣

Anyone know why I get hit with an anti spam ever time I post? I've had to post 3 times now just a single word then go back and edit it to get an actual post

Edited by Off Map Oscar

Just spoke with Wade on the fitting for these clubs and he was great. Since I'd already ordered we went over some of my numbers and what I had previously been  fitted into. Ended up standard lengths and -.5 on lie. My current shaft is a true temper 115 s300 and I like them a lot but I wanted to go graphite this time so getting the 95 whiz. 

Hi guys new here first forum post! 

Ordered the VGI02’s last week (7/aug) had contact with vice with a lead time as the website states longer than usual production rates, they were great and replied with a 3-4 week lead time! So excited as these will be my first ‘proper’ set of clubs.

Been playing hand me downs this year, my first year actually on the course, prior I had just been to the driving range, so I think the excitement of my own stamp on the colours etc that vice offers is gunna give me such a boost to go and learn my swing more and enjoy my time on the course with ‘my’ clubs 

can’t wait!

p.s Tom those red VGI01’s with the black shaft and red grips look so damn goo!

Edited by Agent Hendry

5 minutes ago, Off Map Oscar said:

Ordered mine on the 10th. Hope we see them first week of September. What colors did you go with?

Fingers crossed dude!

Lime heads, lime ferrule, white 95g graphite shafts and then offset the colour ever so slightly with the green lamkin grips

if I’m not sold on the grips per the feel I might try to source the matching lime grips we will see!

Side note

Was very tempted to do a multi coloured combo set and have every colour 5-p, 5 in black vgi02, 6 in white vgi02, 7 in pink vgio2, 8 in lime vgi01, 9 in red vgi01, and pitch in light blue and white vgi01 

the fact you can choose all of this and match the grips would be so dope but I want to get good at my game so I thought best to stick with one type of club haha! 

what did you go for man?