Exputt RG - 2024 Forum Review

@buckpillar that muscle memory is really valuable. My experience has been similar.  I am weighting my RL putts much better overall based upon the practice with ExPutt.

Bummed I missed the match play earlier this week. I had a few family matters come up. I didn’t even get a round on the course in this past week. First week without playing a round this summer. 

Edited by Wolfstrum

Switch hitter, RH Driver, LH Irons

Callaway Mavrik Driver (RH)

Sub 70 3i Driving/Utility iron (LH)

Maltby STi2 4i-PW, GW (LH)

Mizuno MP R Series 52 degree 

Wilson Jim Ferrier Signature SW (LH)

Mizuno TP Mills blade putter (LH)

7 hours ago, Wolfstrum said:

@buckpillar that muscle memory is really valuable. My experience has been similar.  I am weighting my RL putts much better overall based upon the practice with ExPutt.

Bummed I missed the match play earlier this week. I had a few family matters come up. I didn’t even get a round on the course in this past week. First week without playing a round this summer. 

@Wolfstrum it’s even showing up in my iron play, seems like my alignment has gotten better and the finesse shots around the green seem to be better

I would like to get a few more matches with 4 players..hint hint @GolfSpy BOS

Let me know when everyone is available, I go back to work Thursday night till Tuesday morning, then off for 5.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

25 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

@Wolfstrum it’s even showing up in my iron play, seems like my alignment has gotten better and the finesse shots around the green seem to be better

I would like to get a few more matches with 4 players..hint hint @GolfSpy BOS

Let me know when everyone is available, I go back to work Thursday night till Tuesday morning, then off for 5.

I need to jump on with you guys too.  This lady has been kicking my butt so I need some easier competition!

IMG_1503.jpeg

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

14 minutes ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

I need to jump on with you guys too.  This lady has been kicking my butt so I need some easier competition!

IMG_1503.jpeg

That’s awesome that she is enjoying the ExPutt, looks like good distance control.😃

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

5 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

That’s awesome that she is enjoying the ExPutt, looks like good distance control.😃

she gets the short ones, makes me putt the long ones! haha

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

ExPutt Play 9 best score to date!!

Played my best Play 9 round to date, I started out making 3 tuff pars on two 30 ft putts that was left to right sidehill breakers, missed the birdie and made a 5 footer coming back on the first and then made a 7 footer to save par that was uphill all the way 1 1/2 feet elevation from birdie putt to holing out. I bogeyed the next hole after a lip out for par.

The next 4 holes were routine pars and I was 1 over heading into #9 - I had an uphill 22 foot left to right with not much break until about the final 4 feet, with the muscle memory and visual assistance the ExPutt has helped me develop over the past few weeks is starting to pay off as I drained it for birdie and finished even par . I'm really grasping reading the breaks and the speed in relationship to the elevation changes of the pitting surface, Most of the time I found I was not reading enough break, now I'm giving more break and relying on my speed control to make the putts. 

This past weekend I played 54 holes and only had three 3 putts on lightening fast greens and I believe the work that I have put in on the ExPutt really helped especially with distance control.

I'm going to continue the work on the ExPutt and continue a positive impact on my putting.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

7 hours ago, buckpillar said:

ExPutt Play 9 best score to date!!

Played my best Play 9 round to date, I started out making 3 tuff pars on two 30 ft putts that was left to right sidehill breakers, missed the birdie and made a 5 footer coming back on the first and then made a 7 footer to save par that was uphill all the way 1 1/2 feet elevation from birdie putt to holing out. I bogeyed the next hole after a lip out for par.

The next 4 holes were routine pars and I was 1 over heading into #9 - I had an uphill 22 foot left to right with not much break until about the final 4 feet, with the muscle memory and visual assistance the ExPutt has helped me develop over the past few weeks is starting to pay off as I drained it for birdie and finished even par . I'm really grasping reading the breaks and the speed in relationship to the elevation changes of the pitting surface, Most of the time I found I was not reading enough break, now I'm giving more break and relying on my speed control to make the putts. 

This past weekend I played 54 holes and only had three 3 putts on lightening fast greens and I believe the work that I have put in on the ExPutt really helped especially with distance control.

I'm going to continue the work on the ExPutt and continue a positive impact on my putting.

That's fantastic!!!  

Testers-

With as much time you are putting/putting in on the ExPutt, is it showing any signs of wear ?

Would you say this unit is designed more for occasional, moderate, or frequent (borderline commercial) usage? 

WHAT, if anything,  is covered under warranty?

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

2 hours ago, Rob Person said:

That's fantastic!!!  

Testers-

With as much time you are putting/putting in on the ExPutt, is it showing any signs of wear ?

Would you say this unit is designed more for occasional, moderate, or frequent (borderline commercial) usage? 

@Rob PersonI don't see any signs of ware, I thought maybe the cushioned back stop would be the first thing to show any ware, but it's like it just came out the box. 

I will have to check the warranty to see what would be covered and for how long.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

11 hours ago, Rob Person said:

That's fantastic!!!  

Testers-

@Rob Person Here is the Warranty information.

20240830_175202.jpg.eb79f03212f9cc4bec51eaab40951ca4.jpg

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

20 hours ago, Rob Person said:

That's fantastic!!!  

Testers-

My ExPutt is holding up fine. No signs of wear. I wouldn’t say it is made for commercial use but the mat material is of very good quality and the backstop foam also seems to be very durable. I would rate it as made for regular personal use from a quality and durability standard. 

Played a 9 hole round today. Didn’t play great and felt like I lost a few strokes in my putting game. Then when I checked my overall stats from the round I had 2 fewer putts than my recent average.

The ExPutt is improving my putting and raising my expectations on the green. 

19 hours ago, Wolfstrum said:

Played a 9 hole round today. Didn’t play great and felt like I lost a few strokes in my putting game. Then when I checked my overall stats from the round I had 2 fewer putts than my recent average.

How have you been doing with reading the breaking putts and are you better right to left or left to right?

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

ExPutt Testers ?

I have been finding that I have always been good with left to right putts, The Exputt is definitely helping with the right to left breakers, I think it is because maybe I'm able to see the contour better when I use the option to get to ground level to read the putts.

Have any of the testers encounter similar success or just the opposite?

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

On 8/30/2024 at 6:46 AM, Rob Person said:

That's fantastic!!!  

Testers-

I would say the moderate category, with the easy setup and takedown, it would be a good party game, but with me and the frequency of use I would say moderate is my category. 

Commercial wise I really can't answer that one, I would like to see if it could withstand day in day out constant use to check the durability.

The in home usage I would say it is a high quality product.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

On 8/30/2024 at 5:46 AM, Rob Person said:

That's fantastic!!!  

Testers-

ZERO sign of wear from me I even pulled out the foam back stop, mat, and messed around and inspected the thing. 

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
4W:  Maltby KE4 
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50,54,58: Maltby TSW

Putter:  L.A.B. DF2.1 Accra Shaft 2023 Forum Testers - L.A.B. Putters
Ball: Mixed prefer ProV1 or Snell
Handicap: 9.2  -  Best Score: 72 (E) Springdale CC, Canton NC -2022

2020 Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

On 8/31/2024 at 2:39 AM, Wolfstrum said:

A “game” that improves the real world results is exactly what exputt was aiming for but really exciting to see! When/if I get to build my golf shed I’ll be putting this on the must have list!

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

18 minutes ago, Coulter said:

A “game” that improves the real world results is exactly what exputt was aiming for but really exciting to see! When/if I get to build my golf shed I’ll be putting this on the must have list!

@Coulter I have no reason to disagree, it won't hurt your game it can only improve!

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

ExPutt Update and Wear and Tear

Got in 90 putts last night in analysis mode, Stats are continuing to improve since placing the plexiglass under the mat. 

So I was dusting the mat off and wiping down the sensor and the bumper on the mat, I noticed a slightly darker path along the ball path from the ready position and goes about a foot toward the bumper. I don't know if its just my eyes or do any of you see what I believe I'm seeing? Look to the left of the yellow line.

ExPuttWear.JPG.e1df1dacca14f9542866a6059a3e8ffd.JPG

Also I included a couple photos of the Explore mode where you select a course a green and putt till your hearts content. This mode has been helping me read putts and to practice on the ones that been given me problems recently on the ExPutt and the course. Like I said the more I use the different modes and options within each mode of the ExPutt is helping my progress.. arrow is still pointing in an upward direction.  The pictures if I remember correctly I issued previously, current photos did not turn out well this time around.

Testers, Have you tried the Explore mode? If So what are your thoughts, should there be an option to select multiple greens and have the ExPutt randomly select ball location on the green just like in the multi-play?

20240803_204801.jpg.203bb790e8d9a90db90b2e690f8032e3.jpg

20240803_204629.jpg.42a0a47314a4561a788719087ec69f38.jpg

Sorry I haven't been that active the past few days, been taking care of the Mother in law health issues and getting ready for abdominal aorta surgery next Friday.

20240803_204653.jpg

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

1 minute ago, buckpillar said:

ExPutt Update and Wear and Tear

Got in 90 putts last night in analysis mode, Stats are continuing to improve since placing the plexiglass under the mat. 

So I was dusting the mat off and wiping down the sensor and the bumper on the mat, I noticed a slightly darker path along the ball path from the ready position and goes about a foot toward the bumper. I don't know if its just my eyes or do any of you see what I believe I'm seeing? Look to the left of the yellow line.

ExPuttWear.JPG.e1df1dacca14f9542866a6059a3e8ffd.JPG

Also I included a couple photos of the Explore mode where you select a course a green and putt till your hearts content. This mode has been helping me read putts and to practice on the ones that been given me problems recently on the ExPutt and the course. Like I said the more I use the different modes and options within each mode of the ExPutt is helping my progress.. arrow is still pointing in an upward direction.  The pictures if I remember correctly I issued previously, current photos did not turn out well this time around.

Testers, Have you tried the Explore mode? If So what are your thoughts, should there be an option to select multiple greens and have the ExPutt randomly select ball location on the green just like in the multi-play?

20240803_204801.jpg.203bb790e8d9a90db90b2e690f8032e3.jpg

20240803_204629.jpg.42a0a47314a4561a788719087ec69f38.jpg

Sorry I haven't been that active the past few days, been taking care of the Mother in law health issues and getting ready for abdominal aorta surgery next Friday.

20240803_204653.jpg

I would say that wear mark is from putter drag?

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

9 hours ago, buckpillar said:

🤣 If I got putter drag that far past impact I must be doing something wrong!  

Is it from different positioning when you putt?  That's the only explanation unless the ball is causing it.

WITB-

31 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Is it from different positioning when you putt?  That's the only explanation unless the ball is causing it.

@Rob Person I thinking it is because all the different putters I've been using it is due to the skid of the ball before it actually gets on it's true roll, I could be wrong, because that is way to far of a skid for a putt to get rolling. I may need to try and get some high speed photography to see if it is the skid.

One other possibility may be that I had the ExPutt set up on a plush carpet until I figured out to place some plexiglass under the mat, thinking the softness of the carpet and the mat could have started the wear pattern. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it will get worse or stay the same.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

My putting today was horrible. Can’t blame the ExPutt though. I just had a bad day on the course. Played 9 holes and added 5 putts over my normal 9 hole putting average. 

Within the next few days I will update my page one testing post with my updated testing results and my rating and impressions. 

6 hours ago, Wolfstrum said:

Within the next few days I will update my page one testing post with my updated testing results and my rating and impressions. 

Are you going to do a final overall when it comes time?

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

15 hours ago, buckpillar said:

Are you going to do a final overall when it comes time?

Most definitely. Just figured it is time to put some updates and additional info on the page 1 post. 

ExPutt 10ft Practice Session

Got to roll some putts today on the ExPutt, all putts were from a fixed distance of 10ft. After a brief warm up to get the putting muscles ready, I set out to roll 50 putts making 38 from the 10ft distance for a total of 76% make percentage. I will do another round from 10ft and then move on to the 20footers.

Overall I roll the putts well and should have had a higher make percentage than what I had due to a couple lip outs and the rest were just plain ole user misses. 

I have included some photos of the practice session which has my arrow still pointing in the upward direction. The last photo shows some distance data for all length of putts.

20240911_092719.jpg.5b59dab29210216df5f51caec0042219.jpg

20240911_101312.jpg.48121490189b62824c30e084e33880b9.jpg

20240911_101355.jpg.aeb93449d48b30ff351688f29b0108a5.jpg

20240911_101423.jpg.c7777ebf5dfea8cc104524bb6a1bca1a.jpg

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

ExPutt Visual aide Cosmetic upgrade???

Hey Mr. ExPutt,

just thought of an idea to add to the ExPutt, it's just a cosmetic trinket that will help aim and provide a visual focal point. I would like to see a different color marking on the back stop of the foam stopper, make it just as wide as the ball path to give a visual point, target if you will to roll your putt at, it will help the golfer and also the sensor will not be able to pick it up when practicing. See the picture of my set up.

Thank you for checking it out.

Testers- What do you think??

20240911_105937.jpg.219e5e75b494cd3b7f6315a7fe887036.jpg

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

38 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

ExPutt Visual aide Cosmetic upgrade???

Hey Mr. ExPutt,

just thought of an idea to add to the ExPutt, it's just a cosmetic trinket that will help aim and provide a visual focal point. I would like to see a different color marking on the back stop of the foam stopper, make it just as wide as the ball path to give a visual point, target if you will to roll your putt at, it will help the golfer and also the sensor will not be able to pick it up when practicing. See the picture of my set up.

Thank you for checking it out.

Testers- What do you think??

20240911_105937.jpg.219e5e75b494cd3b7f6315a7fe887036.jpg

Why don’t you consider the white lines on the mat to be an acceptable target?  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG