Your Brand Opinion: Evnroll Putters

I like the heavy feeling of the ER2 I use but it's more about the feeling of where the weight is located in the head.

I believe it contributes to a steadier and more consistent attempt at square as I get back to the ball.

Epic Flash SZ driver
G425 3w
G425 3h
Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-G
Evnroll ER2
Srixon Z-Star

My entire bag was TM, but when I tried a EVNroll at Golftown, I fell inlove instantly. I don't mind that they are not recognized on tour, they would probably be more money if they were LOL. I purchased the ER7, but found it too heavy after a few rounds so i picked up the ER2 and ER 1TS as my practice putter but I putt much better with it and keep that in my bag as my daily. The MOI is so pure and you know when you've made a good putt. I would HIGHLY recommend the EVNroll to people that are playing SC and other high end putters! The new Z models look like they will be a game changer.

Edited by MILGolfing

It's always that one good shot that keeps us coming back! Follow me on IG

What's in my bag?

• D - TM SIM2 MAX 
  • 3W - TM SIM2 MAX
  • 5W - TM Aeroburner 
  • 3H - TM Rescue
  • 5-PW - TM P790
  • 52 - TM MG2 
  • 56 - TM MG1
  • 60 - TM MG2
  • Putter - EvnRoll ER7
  • Ball - PV1 or TP5 

Big big fan of Evnroll.  I have had two.  Would highly recommend anyone to get fit into one. 

I fitted myself into the first one, loved it, customized it, and played it for a several year, but I had a consistent miss.  Was at the Kingdom for an event and while in their putt lab  they suggested I might want to get it checked out... so when I got home I went to Club Champion for a putter fitting.  Sure enough I had a consistent miss alignment.  They bent the neck as far as they could but not as far as they wanted. 

So, they fitted me into an Evnroll ER10 Outback with the correct neck angle.  I don't think I will ever putt with anything else. It would take a lot to get me to change.  It is stupidly accurate.  If I miss, it is all me.  During the fitting process was the laser and computer I know it is set up perfect.  Has given me great confidence.  I worry about even changing grips - I have everything set just so...  Fitting - even in putters - matters. 

I've often wondered why you don't see them on tour - but that may not be their thing.  Let's face it, there is a lot of pay for play.  They apparently are doing just fine without having to pay someone to play the club. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

Having been an Evnroll tester here, I can say that I have never had more confidence on the greens that I do with the ER5. And my scoring stats this year have proven it out. Great looks, feel, and performance for sure. Highly recommended.

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Halo XL 5i-DW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:EVNROLL: ER5 
:maxfli: Tour S

I have owned  the same Evnroll putter now for 5 years and I love it !  I had a Spider putter before the Enroll and I made the switch for a few reasons.  The Enroll feels so much more balanced in my hands.  I love the way it sits on the green at address .  It seemed to me that the Spider putter would twist open and I had to square it , the Evnroll is square to the line and stays that way .  Love the firm feel , it gives me immediate feedback on my strike.  Great looking and I love the grip it comes with.  Nice to have a piece of equipment that I will not change !

Wilson DynaForged Irons 

Callaway Smoke  Driver

Cobra Hybrid ( 2 iron )

Ping Hybrids (2)

Volkey Wedges (58,54,47)

Evenroll putter 

3 hole in ones so far ( Ohio, Hawaii, Australia )

When I think of Evnroll, I think of Rick Shiels.LMAO

When I returned to golf I was watching a lot of youtube content and Rick Shiels' use of Evnroll putters (ahead of his switch to a Ping mallet) switched me onto the brand.

I've not owned one, but I've tried Evnroll putters at Golf Galaxy and PGASS. Aside from the premium brand price point, they do seem well made nicely designed. When I was shopping around for mallet putters I was impressed by Evnroll- they do roll the ball very well (whether blade, double wide or mallets).

In the future I would add the new Zero putters to the Lab to test out and see if they work better.

2024 WITB:

Driver::callaway-logo-1: Ai Smoke 🔹🔹🔹 Max 9* (@8*) w. Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X //or// stock Denali 60g 6.5

FW woods: :titleist-small:TSR2+ 13* '2W' w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X & TSR2 21* 7W w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

Hybrid: :taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18*) w. Project X Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

Irons: :taylormade-small: 5i-PW: '17 P790 w. KBS Tour C-Taper Lite 115X (Currently Testing: :taylormade-small: 4i-PW: 2024 P770 w. Project X T Rifle 6.0 (+1/4"))

Wedges: :taylormade-small: 50/09 MG4; 56/12 MG4TW Raw; :vokey-small:SM9 60/04L

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X7 w. GolfPride Reverse Taper Pistol Med grip

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x // Maxfli Tour X

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder;  :Ogio: Woode Hybrid Stand Bag; :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

2024 Tests:

"...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!"- Eric Idle

I've had a handful of playing partners that have had Evnroll putters and most seem to like them. Some times I think they like the Gravity Grip as much as they do the putter, at least that's what they first talk about when asking how they like the putter. I putt with a Bobby Grace Shiloh custom weld Neck Counter Balance, but recently acquired an Evnroll ER5 Tour Spec 38 in a trade. I was excited to try it, and the putter set up and looked fantastic. But in my opinion the putter just had no feel at all. It wasn't a nice solid click, it was just a dull clunky feel. I was definitely disappointed considering that I put them as a top putter brand. I will say the grip felt very nice but the roll was nowhere close to the Bobby Grace and the feel was just so off, that I sold the putter within the week. After this experiment, there are many other putter brands I would try before giving them another chance.

22 minutes ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

Big big fan of Evnroll.  I have had two.  Would highly recommend anyone to get fit into one. 

I fitted myself into the first one, loved it, customized it, and played it for a several year, but I had a consistent miss.  Was at the Kingdom for an event and while in their putt lab  they suggested I might want to get it checked out... so when I got home I went to Club Champion for a putter fitting.  Sure enough I had a consistent miss alignment.  They bent the neck as far as they could but not as far as they wanted. 

So, they fitted me into an Evnroll ER10 Outback with the correct neck angle.  I don't think I will ever putt with anything else. It would take a lot to get me to change.  It is stupidly accurate.  If I miss, it is all me.  During the fitting process was the laser and computer I know it is set up perfect.  Has given me great confidence.  I worry about even changing grips - I have everything set just so...  Fitting - even in putters - matters. 

I've often wondered why you don't see them on tour - but that may not be their thing.  Let's face it, there is a lot of pay for play.  They apparently are doing just fine without having to pay someone to play the club. 

I recently changed my original gravity grip for a new style gravity grip GG1. The old one had wore from putting it in and out of the putter well. The new versions seems to have a more rubbery texture and feels like it will last longer, but the weight etc all feels identical. 

Love the brand. Also really like Guerin's past projects (have an OG Rife in the basement, and two Guerin Tour Spec - mallet in my basement, blade in my office). For Evnroll specifically, I originally bought an ER5 Black, and also picked up an ER10 Outback -- loved the ER5 at first, but not so much the ER10 (but I gave it to my dad, and he swears by it). Eventually I jumped on the LAB train though...

I also have the Tour Stroke in my basement -- still play around with that from time to time to try to fix glitches in my stroke (but of course, "nothing works" 🤣 ).  

Driver: :taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 8* w/ Terra Forza Yellow+ (MGS Test!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver, 12.5* (adjusted to 13.25*) w/Terra Forza Yellow+, Stealth2 Plus 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X (still swap it in for the Mini on occasion, but currently on the bench)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 "Utility Build" long irons - '23 2 Iron (17*), '21 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have many others by the basement putting green that could tag in at any time... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip (and same Link.1 w/TPT shaft - MGS Test In Progress!)

I did a forum test of one of their blade style putters a few years ago.  I was very impressed with the quality and performance.  In fact, it is currently in my bag and, after a grip change, I am putting better than I ever have. 

14 of the following:

Taylormade Qi10 Max

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Titleist TSR1 hybrid 26 degrees

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Ping G430 irons 6-50 degree

Sub 70 286 wedges 52 and 56 degrees

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER1v

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

I was at Golf Galaxy yesterday and like @Shankster I hadn't yet rolled an Evnroll either. So I decided to try it coincidentally for a few rolls. It felt really good, I also rolled the Mezz while I was there and DF3 and I preferred the Evnroll over the two. It was not, however, one of their Zero Putters that I had the chance to try. 

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max 10.5°

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 25°, :titleist-small: Tsi2 21°

4i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM10 - 50° 12f, 54° 14f, 58° 14k

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :vice: Pro Air

Bag: Ghost Golf Maverick 14-Way 

Glove: Nexgen Nano-X Pro Tour+

Forum Member Reviews:

I remember seeing them many years ago when my brother and playing partner started using one. He liked it but like a lot of us, was always searching for something better than the last. It seems like I hadn’t heard from them for a while until a couple of years ago when I started seeing reviews on the newest models. They seem to have great reviews and a great following and they look awesome. Might have to give them a try as I haven’t tried a new putter in 4 or 5 years. 

Mizuno 921 Tour 4-GW

Callaway Mack Daddy 54/58

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S 

Titleist TSI3 9 degree

TM Sim 15 degree

Great Putter 

Love my EV8 that's currently in the bag.  They have a great feel and put a great roll on the ball

Would love to try the new Zero models as well.

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

I know very little about ER putters. However, from reading reviews online it seems like a solid brand who’s been doing things right for a while. 

I would be interested in testing one out. Hopefully anything will improve my putting 😂

-Warren Kaminsky

I’ve only had the opportunity to play with an Evnroll putter twice, when I was considering shelving my Scotty Cameron Notchback Select Newport 2.5.  I was lucky enough the pro I was working with was developing a prototype putting training aid and wanted to have as many different putters to try it with, so he had an assortment of Scotty Cameron, Evnroll, TaylorMade, Ping, Odyssey, and a couple of Bettinardi’s and PXGs, and a SeeMore, and a few others.  

I liked the look of the fang-style Evnroll and one of the thicker blade-style putters, so I tried them against my Scotty.  They performed as well as a new putter could, but I couldn’t say whether they outperformed my gamer.  I like the subjective feel of the thick blade putter more than the fang, which surprised me, though it might have just been that the blade was closer to what I played everyday, and I consistently pulled the fang.  

I thought they were really well made, if maybe a little “busy” in the color combos and design, which was a slight distraction.  One thing I like about the Scotty, and interestingly my LAB Mezz.1 Max, is that they have a pretty simple ‘cut from a single billet’ look, even if the designs are complex.  I don’t know if that makes sense, but both of the Evnroll’s I tried had mixed bands of metals/colors, and maybe it’s my neuro-spicy take on it, but I didn’t like that as much.  They still left me feeling like they were a high quality brand and that a lot of thought went into their designs, but they didn’t suit my eye as much

Dan Yates, 55 year old trying to qualify for PA Senior Amateur in 2024; searching for some magic in my game again

Tried a few of them at a couple golf stores when I was looking to replace my Odyssey Two-Ball.  Big name, optically appealing, good weight, great feel, silly price.

Driver - Ping G410+ LA golf 65S

3wood - Ping G400 Aldia green 75S

5 wood - Ping G410 Aldia 75S

4-pw Iron - TM M3 steel fiber  i110

Ping Glide 3.0 - 50, 54, 58 Nippon 115

Odyssey O-Works 2-ball

ProV1x

I have never owned one myself, I’ve rolled a few of them wrong handed and loved the feel off the face. They do not have too many lefty options around stores to try but as I said they seem great right handed and well made. I’d love to get my hands on one eventually.

Anthony Aubain

2 minutes ago, AnthonyAubain said:

Is have never owned one myself, I’ve rolled a few of them wrong handed and loved the feel off the face. They do not have too many lefty options around stores to try but as I said they seem great right handed and well made. I’d love to get my hands on one eventually.

I've never even tried one--some of the geezers with whom I play have 1960s Bullseyes or 1970s Ram Zebras--

but I have to admit that at least in photos, the Z2s looks really, really good to my eye.  

I am a bit biased regarding EVNROLL, having known Guerin Rife for many years and having used one of his signature putters prior to his launching EVNROLL. I have owned at least one EVNROLL putter ever since Guerin fitted me for one of his new company's putters at the 2016 PGA Show (January, 2016).  That original ER2 model is still in one of my golf bags, and I used it continuously from 2016 through about early in 2022 (the ER2 still gets some play).

Since that first EVNROLL putter that I got fitted for in 2016, I have owned three other EVNROLL putters (an ER7 which never quite lived up to expectations, plus an EV8 with a long slant neck and an ER10 "Outback" model). I still own both the ER8v and the ER10, and both have gotten regular use over the last 2.5 years.  The ER10 "Outback", which is still 100% original, is firmly entrenched in the #1 putter position and has been the only putter that I have used since acquiring it more than a year ago .... it just works for me! The ER2 and EV8 work quite well for me, but the ER10 is an absolute winner in my hands, and my putting stats have improved substantially since I began using that model putter.

EVNROLL makes great putters, and there's not a nicer man, and a person more knowledgeable about putting and putter design than Guerin Rife (sorry, Scotty Cameron, et al!). EVNROLL's customer service and in-person attention to detail, plus feedback regarding what works and what doesn't for a golfer's putting stroke and style is second to none, in my opinion.

Edited by funkyjudge
typos

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max, Newton Motion 4-Dot shaft

4W - Titleist TSR2, Newton Motion 4-Dot FW shaft

HYB - Sub 70 949X 21*, original HZRDUS Black 85-S shaft

7W (if played) - Titleist TSR, ACCRA TZ6 7S

Irons - Cobra King Forged Tec X, KBS TGI graphite shafts

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 47* (bent to 48*), 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100 Tour S

Putter - Evnroll ER10 ""Outback” Mallet

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus

Bags - Vessel / Ghost stand bags

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

Lots of short game practice has made this a strength; now the driver is causing problems!

I have only ever heard good things, and actually wanted to try one before I was selected to test a sacks parente. I probably would own one now if the sp wasn’t doing so well for me. From what I have seen with YouTubers using them and the online reviews on them, I have always been surprised they don’t see much tour use.

Driver: Ping G425 LST, Otto Phlex Maltby MPF UL or GD AD-TP 6X

3 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@16 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder

5 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@20 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder 

4i Hybrid: Titleist 913h (@24 deg), Diamana Blue Board hybrid

Irons: Taylormade P790 (5-6) & P770 (7-AW), KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 1x)

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 TW grind 56 (@55) & 60, KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 2x)

Putter: Sacks Parente 91 aka "The Duke", 34 inches

Ball: Callaway Chrome Tour

2 hours ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

There's more than a few EVNROLL putters on the various professional tours; you just have to look hard to find them. There was also one player on teh PGA or Korn Ferry Tour rocking an EVNROLL bag a year or two ago.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max, Newton Motion 4-Dot shaft

4W - Titleist TSR2, Newton Motion 4-Dot FW shaft

HYB - Sub 70 949X 21*, original HZRDUS Black 85-S shaft

7W (if played) - Titleist TSR, ACCRA TZ6 7S

Irons - Cobra King Forged Tec X, KBS TGI graphite shafts

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 47* (bent to 48*), 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100 Tour S

Putter - Evnroll ER10 ""Outback” Mallet

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus

Bags - Vessel / Ghost stand bags

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

Lots of short game practice has made this a strength; now the driver is causing problems!

Definitely have a high value of the EVNRoll brand. I know several scratch players that use and love them...so the perception is that they are used by top players. I've putted with them at some shops and they do look and feel great. Definitely a consideration for my next putter purchase.

Titleist clubs

Would rather be playing Pebble

2 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

There's more than a few EVNROLL putters on the various professional tours; you just have to look hard to find them. There was also one player on teh PGA or Korn Ferry Tour rocking an EVNROLL bag a year or two ago.

So why did LAB catch fire and make it in the bag of so many but evnroll hasnt? I can only imagine where they would be if MyGolfSpy hadn't been singing it's praises for years on end. 

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more