Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Wilson Staff Times Are A Changing

langesc88

So last week I was supposed to be in Florida attending the PGA show and enjoying some product testing and golf with a bunch of Hack To Jack friends and one MGS member. What my body decided to do was throw a disc two days before my trip causing emergency surgery and halting my trip to warm weather.

My buddy Barbajo for a couple months has been telling me about the new Wilson Staff clubs coming out and of course my response was "Ahhhhh they are Wilsons John." Now I grew up in were a set of Wilsons we tucked away in a deep dark corner in my dad's hard brown leather, dust filled golf bag and remember thinking even back then...These SOB's are old. Fast forward 30 plus years later and here they are again. Not tucked away in some corner, but sitting in my living room. To clarify these are not the clubs my dad had 30 years ago but are the brand new Wilson Staff FG Tour 100 blades, D-200 19d hybrid and the D-200 cavity back irons along with a couple of the FG Tour Traction Control Blue wedges.

Now go back to the top of my blog here and quickly remember I had surgery last week which means I can't play golf nor swing a club! 30 years ago I wouldn't have cared but this is pure torture to have these absolutely beautiful clubs sitting here staring at me as if to say...knock knock pudding head.....remember me?

I unfortunately have some cruel friends (You know who you are) who know that I eat, sleep and drink golf and thought gee here's something that will cheer him up while he is on the self. Let's give him something so shiny and new that we will put juuuuuust out of reach from him and say dude these things are bad ass.

I will say I am impressed with the new Wilson Staff clubs especially the blades although, right now,  I cannot say how they feel off the face. Times are a changing and I am looking forward to getting back soon to review these.

Nice work Wilson Staff...nice work!

2015-01-30 22.46.35.jpg

20150130_224151.jpg

20150130_224229.jpg

20150130_225045.jpg

20150130_231728.jpg

Titleist AP1 irons

Titleist 913D 7.5 Degree, Stiff Speeder Tour Spec 6.2 Shaft

Wedges: Taylormade 60 d Titleist Vokey 54,56,58

Seemore Mallet Putter

Right Handed

Apple Valley, MN

8 Handicap

10885218_10205856139265562_6140026354236

The FGTour 100 is such a beautiful looking blade. Wow.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

The FGTour 100 is such a beautiful looking blade. Wow.

I can only best describe them as stunning! I kid you not. I'm a Titleist guy but these things appear to be a homerun.

Titleist AP1 irons

Seemore Mallet Putter

Right Handed

Apple Valley, MN

8 Handicap

I know it's tough looking at those wonderfully new, exciting, lovely, powerfully precise tools that will make significant improvements in your game... but don't rush it. Health is more important.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Having taken advantage of the opportunity to play with those clubs that you're looking at, I can only say that once you're sufficiently healed enough to actually start swinging them is: you're going to be AMAZED!  These definitely aren't the "Wilson clubs" you associate with Wal-Mart or discount stores.

These clubs ARE "real deal" and play as sweet as they look!

Get well soon ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Nice praying you get back in action and can use those as soon as the snow melts. I'm a Wilson convert. I'm stoked about that D200 hybrid because it means I will be able to find D 100' s at a nice price. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Those 100 blades have had my interest ever since they came out. Although their new FG Tour iron with the tungsten in the sole looks really promising too and might be better suited for me. If only a shop around here carried the brand. Everything is so parsed down at the big box golf retailers for brands and models. I end up hitting some brands sight unseen.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

Having taken advantage of the opportunity to play with those clubs that you're looking at, I can only say that once you're sufficiently healed enough to actually start swinging them is: you're going to be AMAZED!  These definitely aren't the "Wilson clubs" you associate with Wal-Mart or discount stores.

These clubs ARE "real deal" and play as sweet as they look!

Get well soon ;)

Well for the last week I have been on more supplements than I can shake a stick at and have been in rehab with a trainer. I have a golf trip to Vegas the first week in March, yes four weeks away, for the Be The Ball documentory filming and three rounds at Pauite Golf Resort.

Be The Ball.PNG

Titleist AP1 irons

Seemore Mallet Putter

Right Handed

Apple Valley, MN

8 Handicap

Nice praying you get back in action and can use those as soon as the snow melts. I'm a Wilson convert. I'm stoked about that D200 hybrid because it means I will be able to find D 100' s at a nice price. :)

Thanks Rev!!!! The big man has big plans and I'm excited to be a part of it.

Titleist AP1 irons

Seemore Mallet Putter

Right Handed

Apple Valley, MN

8 Handicap

Well for the last week I have been on more supplements than I can shake a stick at and have been in rehab with a trainer. I have a golf trip to Vegas the first week in March, yes four weeks away, for the Be The Ball documentory filming and three rounds at Pauite Golf Resort.

You're gonna love it!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

You're gonna love it!

Can wait. Lots of good stuff happening for this Hack To Jacker and MGS member.

Titleist AP1 irons

Seemore Mallet Putter

Right Handed

Apple Valley, MN

8 Handicap

Archived