Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Tigers Return

JBones

I've been trying this for the past five years with very few takers/converts so I will try it here again.......

It's about the putter!

It's not physical, it's not ball striking and it's not mental unless that's what is causing him to miss putts. It's all about the putter for him. He should take care of his swing himself and go see Dave Stockton.

Totally agree about the putter. He doesn't seem to have he same confidence he used to have. Stockton would be a good choice, but I would also add that since he is going back to his early swing, Tiger should also dig his old putter out of the closet.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I feel like we are witnessing a legend become human. I find it interesting about age and putter. Then again I find that stat a little scary since I am closing in on that age. But it can't make my putting much worse. The Tiger of days past have gone. He is a normal PGA player. He will have good weeks and bad weeks. We need to start watching the young guys begin to carry the work load and carry the future of the PGA to another new level. 

What's in the Bag

Bag- Sun Mountian 

Driver - Callaway Rouge 9.5* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow
Fairway wood - Ping G15 3 wood

Hybrid - Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 19* 
Irons - Callaway XR 5-PW
Wedges - Cleveland 588-RTX 52* 56* 60*
Putter - Scotty Cameron Select Newport 3 - SuperStroke Wrist lock Grip

I feel like we are witnessing a legend become human. I find it interesting about age and putter. Then again I find that stat a little scary since I am closing in on that age. But it can't make my putting much worse. The Tiger of days past have gone. He is a normal PGA player. He will have good weeks and bad weeks. We need to start watching the young guys begin to carry the work load and carry the future of the PGA to another new level. 

I doubt Tiger sees himself as a regular PGA player now. He is going to have to figure a new way to score low, similar to how Michael Jordan had to figure out how to score when he could no longer jump over everyone, so he went to the fadeaway.

Wonder what is going to be Tiger's fadeaway?

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Great point Theoo. And maybe Tiger switching his gear is like MJ going to 45. 

What's in the Bag

Bag- Sun Mountian 

Driver - Callaway Rouge 9.5* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow
Fairway wood - Ping G15 3 wood

Hybrid - Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 19* 
Irons - Callaway XR 5-PW
Wedges - Cleveland 588-RTX 52* 56* 60*
Putter - Scotty Cameron Select Newport 3 - SuperStroke Wrist lock Grip

Great point Theo, the legends always find a new trick to get them over the next challenge and remain great.   I remember when the Mailman started taking mid-range jumpers and I thought, "What are you doing, take it to the hole!"   Then he started hitting them and uh-oh, he had another weapon.

I think there is a difference in the MJ and Tiger analogy, however.  MJ never stopped thinking he was MJ.  It seems to me that Tiger may think he's human now.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

It's what makes great players great. Like some of the guys said, his full swing looked really good. We all know short game and the putter comes down to feel. He must have really taken the time he needed off and not touched any clubs while he was out. With all that has happened to him though, I still wish him the best and hope to see him give Rory a run for his money.

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Archived