What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

Recently bought some bombtech wedges (52,56,60) since I only had a PW and SW with my starter set I got a few years ago. More excitedly I got a Cleveland Golf Frontline Elite Cero 35" putter to replace my Callaway Strata putter that came with my set as well. Have an outing on the 17th to try it out for 18 but just putting around my house and at a range it felt so much nicer.

Dr- Wilson Launchpad 

3w,4&5H,6i-PW-Strata

52°, 56°, 60°- Bombtech

P- Cleveland Frontline Elite Cero 35"

2 minutes ago, RaRa Golf said:

Got my new grips, and decided instead of using a bent coat hanger to remove my old grips like I usually do, I ordered one of these to save some time, energy, blood, sweat, swear words, etc.. 

image.png.2142ba8f3561249a6b767f49dc8f445a.png

Haha! When I first started doing my own grips many years ago, I also adopted the bent coat hanger tool. You're going to love how easy it will be with the new tool!

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

On 3/11/2015 at 6:27 PM, jbil8802 said:

I went and and got fit for a driver for the first time this past weekend. Ended up going with the Mizuno JPX 850. Picked up about 15 yards of carry over my G25 by being able to dial in the spin and launch numbers. Based on my range session today, I'm extremely excited about it. Consistently hitting baby draws with it. Also picked up the JPX 850 3W as well as 19* and 23* JPX Fli Hi hybrids with Nippon N.S. Pro 1150 shafts at 2* up to match my irons. Really excited for this season.

Going from an M1 to the modern tech of Ping has to be a stark difference lol. New setups are always great for getting the golf excitement back.  

Driver:   Srixon ZX7 w/GD Tour VR X 60g w/ Midsize ZCord

5W: TM Rocketballz RBZ with kai'li White X 60g w/ White VTC Cords

3-6 : PING iBlades DG X100 w/ White VTC Cords

7-PW: PING Blueprints DG X100 w/ White VTC Cords 

Wedges: TM MG3 52, 56, 58 DG S300 w/ White VTC Cords

Putter: Scotty Cameron Del-Mar 35" w/ Dancing Scotty Golf Pride Grip

12 hours ago, cnosil said:

Got notification that my new putter shaft arrived today at the CC near me.   Hopefully they will get the shaft installed in the next couple of days so that I can pick it up prior to this weekend since I need a different look on the greens.   

What shaft did you go with?! Was looking at some LAgolf options earlier this year.

Driver:   Srixon ZX7 w/GD Tour VR X 60g w/ Midsize ZCord

5W: TM Rocketballz RBZ with kai'li White X 60g w/ White VTC Cords

3-6 : PING iBlades DG X100 w/ White VTC Cords

7-PW: PING Blueprints DG X100 w/ White VTC Cords 

Wedges: TM MG3 52, 56, 58 DG S300 w/ White VTC Cords

Putter: Scotty Cameron Del-Mar 35" w/ Dancing Scotty Golf Pride Grip

10 minutes ago, RaRa Golf said:

Got my new grips, and decided instead of using a bent coat hanger to remove my old grips like I usually do, I ordered one of these to save some time, energy, blood, sweat, swear words, etc.. 

image.png.2142ba8f3561249a6b767f49dc8f445a.png

Its the bees knees!  I have saved many grips over the years using it.  You will also need the wire brush to clean out the tape residue if you dont already have it.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex; :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik 18* 5w;  :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro 4i;  :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

3 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Its the bees knees!  I have saved many grips over the years using it.  You will also need the wire brush to clean out the tape residue if you dont already have it.

I have everything except for a removal tool. I have a wire wheel for my bench grinder that is a Godsend for this stuff. 

Driver: TaylorMade M5 / Callaway Epic Sub-Zero / Callaway Epic Flash 

3W: Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5º (2015)

5W: Adams Tight Lies 19º (2014) 

Irons: Adams CB1 4 - GW / Adams CMB 4 - GW / Adams CB2 5 - GW 

Hybrid: Adams V4 4 iron

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56º / Burke Golf TF01 60º 

Putter(s): Odyssey Ai-ONE 2-Ball® / Ping Candence TR Tomcat C

I recently put a Cleveland Golf Huntington Beach Soft Premier #8 (Blade style putter) into my bag, it replaced my old faithful Adams Redhead putter that is about 18 years old. I’m a more budget conscious golfer and the Cleveland came in at $180 CDN. 35”, single bend, oversize grip, black on black on black finishing… its name on the course is Vader and it’s awesome, you could say that my golf bag is now “fully operational”. Average round I’m probably a two putter (about 22 handicap), this putter feels quite heavy compared to my old putter which I quite like and has an extended back which has a slightly longer alignment line, overall I’ve dropped more putts per round than I have in a long time. I’ve used all kinds of top end putters and none have given me the consistency that this one has, dollar for dollar, it’s well worth it! Pics will be posted shortly.

Edited by RStreet

-Canadian golfer

1 hour ago, RaRa Golf said:

I have everything except for a removal tool. I have a wire wheel for my bench grinder that is a Godsend for this stuff. 

I was meaning the round wire bottle brush to get tape residue out of the grip.  But yes on steel shafts i have used the wire wheel to clean up real stubborn stuff.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex; :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik 18* 5w;  :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro 4i;  :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

5 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

I was meaning the round wire bottle brush to get tape residue out of the grip.  But yes on steel shafts i have used the wire wheel to clean up real stubborn stuff.

oh I gotcha, I have a kit for cleaning out gun barrels with extensions and little brushes that are perfect for that. 

1 hour ago, CorporateGolfRat said:

What shaft did you go with?! Was looking at some LAgolf options earlier this year.

When I get it I’ll post the pictures and review.  got a call about 30 minutes ago to say they are targetting the 10th 😢.   I didn’t like the LA Golf, felt too stiff for my liking.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Sort of an impulse buy from Callaway Preowned...Showing up on Friday....

A Mavrik 5w coming my way (Ignore the stock pic from the email being a 3w).  I have been looking for a 205-210 yard club and intermittent sessions trying various lofts at golf galaxy and 2nd swing over the summer have led me to 5w territory.  "Good" condition from CPO usually means extremely good in my eyes.  I  had a 16.5* Mavrik (a castoff from the extensive collection of @Golfspy_CG2 ) that I hit well for about a month before swmbo swiped it for her bag so I am hopeful this will play as well.

image.png.f8b707a8d36380cf1106020c5548ea80.png

2020 MAVRIK

Qty: 1

Club : 5 Wood

Condition : Good

Hand : Right

Length : - 1/4 in

Lie Angle : Standard

Loft : 18°

Shaft Flex : 6.0

Shaft Material : Graphite

Shaft Type : Project X HZRDUS T800 Orange 65 Graphite

Question for buying preowned preference , do you intend to swap out grips before you take it out?

-Canadian golfer

3 hours ago, RStreet said:

I recently put a Cleveland Golf Huntington Beach Soft Premier #8 (Blade style putter) into my bag, it replaced my old faithful Adams Redhead putter that is about 18 years old. I’m a more budget conscious golfer and the Cleveland came in at $180 CDN. 35”, single bend, oversize grip, black on black on black finishing… its name on the course is Vader and it’s awesome, you could say that my golf bag is now “fully operational”. Average round I’m probably a two putter (about 22 handicap), this putter feels quite heavy compared to my old putter which I quite like and has an extended back which has a slightly longer alignment line, overall I’ve dropped more putts per round than I have in a long time. I’ve used all kinds of top end putters and none have given me the consistency that this one has, dollar for dollar, it’s well worth it! Pics will be posted shortly.

Funny enough I just posted a new in wrapper Huntington Beach Collection #8 for sale for $100

2 hours ago, Indy_Oz said:

Up to now I'd been using the headcover from my now-spare Odyssey Toulon putter for my Scotty, as I want to preserve the Scotty headcover (it's like new). I've been looking for something a bit different/ individual with good magnetic closure but hadn't seen anything that really grabbed me until now. When I saw Taylormade's new PacMan limited edition mallet headcover I couldn't resist! Sharing here as I'm hoping at least one other Gen X nerd in here also thinks it's cool. Ha ha

C8596A34-71C1-4A79-9E1C-4CF874FF4157_1_105_c.jpeg.a73d0639edbee7a6897d7efb9043944b.jpeg

As a kid in the early 80s I spent countless hours playing PacMan, and designing and playing my own levels on my Commodore Vic20 and C64 computers.

Whilst not a perfect fit (no shaft cut out like the Scotty cover, and the shape being more square) and clearly the wrong brand, it will work well and is very plush inside to keep the Scotty looking nice.

9B14247D-F9CF-4A65-A40B-DDD1B54E787F_1_105_c.jpeg.4a7bea7b6455a4af6e8716c6badd0f11.jpeg

51B1AD8A-7594-42D7-90B0-BB1DCF483102_1_105_c.jpeg.08b008af526abcc585d60fe33dd90255.jpeg

B044CB99-9854-4364-B9FF-247AB2C847F0_1_105_c.jpeg.5fa7c3bab283ca25f7f669efc3b5663d.jpeg

I saw this online and loved it!  I was just showing pacman to the kids on the Nintendo. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

16 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I liked Donkey Kong better

DSC9654.jpg?v=1713919978&width=700

Sweet!

My parents wouldn't let me have a portable Super Mario/ Donkey Kong game. Friends had them so I played on them a fair bit, but never owned one. Might have to rectify that one day...

2024 WITB:

Driver::callaway-logo-1: Ai Smoke 🔹🔹🔹 MAX 9* w. Denali 60g 6.5 (XS)

FW woods: :titleist-small:TSR2+ 13* '2W' w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X & TSR2 21* 7W w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

Hybrid: :taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18*) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

Irons: :taylormade-small: 5i-PW: '17 P790 w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X (Incoming soon: :taylormade-small: 4i-PW: 2024 P770 w. :projectx: Rifle 6.0 (+1/4"))

Wedges: :taylormade-small: 50/09 MG4; 56/12 MG4TW Raw; :vokey-small:SM9 60/04L

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X7

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x //  :callaway-small: Chrome Tour // Maxfli Tour X

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder;  :Ogio: Woode Hybrid Stand Bag; :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

2024 Tests:

"...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!"- Eric Idle

6 hours ago, RStreet said:

Question for buying preowned preference , do you intend to swap out grips before you take it out?

It depends on what grip comes on it.  If it is a size that feels ok and not a cord grip of some kind or too soft then I will play it until it needs replacement.  If it doesn't feel right I will swap in a GP Tour Wrap my GoP (Grip of Preference) right away.

1 hour ago, Indy_Oz said:

Sweet!

My parents wouldn't let me have a portable Super Mario/ Donkey Kong game. Friends had them so I played on them a fair bit, but never owned one. Might have to rectify that one day...

You need redemption!

3 hours ago, RaRa Golf said:

You need redemption!

I was immediately scouring ebay and FB marketplace. Tempting...

2024 WITB:

Driver::callaway-logo-1: Ai Smoke 🔹🔹🔹 MAX 9* w. Denali 60g 6.5 (XS)

FW woods: :titleist-small:TSR2+ 13* '2W' w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X & TSR2 21* 7W w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

Hybrid: :taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18*) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

Irons: :taylormade-small: 5i-PW: '17 P790 w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X (Incoming soon: :taylormade-small: 4i-PW: 2024 P770 w. :projectx: Rifle 6.0 (+1/4"))

Wedges: :taylormade-small: 50/09 MG4; 56/12 MG4TW Raw; :vokey-small:SM9 60/04L

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X7

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x //  :callaway-small: Chrome Tour // Maxfli Tour X

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder;  :Ogio: Woode Hybrid Stand Bag; :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

2024 Tests:

"...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!"- Eric Idle

On 7/21/2024 at 4:27 PM, No3PuttLaLa said:

Iron upgrade from my CC Fitting. They wanted $2k to replace 4-6 from ZX4 to ZX5, upgrade shafts and new grips. I laughed and used a buddies Srixon discount for $700 out the door and went full new set. 

Srizon ZX5 MKii 4-PW

KBS C-Taper X 130

Lamkin Sonar + Midsize

IMG_8793.jpeg

IMG_8794.jpeg

IMG_8795.jpeg

IMG_8796.jpeg

That's insane and I'd laugh too at that! Play the same clubs and grips, minus the 4i and I have the blackout style grips. Enjoy! I love mine.

:ping-small:G430 Max 10k 9°

:cleveland-small:3+ Hy-wood 17°

:cleveland-small:4+ Hy-wood 20°

:ping-small:4 Hybrid 22°

:srixon-small:Zx5 mkII 5i-P

:cleveland-small:CBX 48°, CBX FF 53° & 58°

:cleveland-small:Frontline Elevado 

:srixon-small:Z-Star

I just purchased a Shot Scope V5 watch with tracking tabs for my clubs. I'm hoping to be able to have a more data driven approach towards my club selection/game. Would love to hear from anyone with experience using the Shot Scope app/watch/data and best way to optimize. It looks like it does an incredible job collecting data and the app is downright impressive thus far.

Adam Carter

Driver: Ping G425 10.5 deg Ventus VeloCore+ Black 6 X

3wood: Ping G425 14.5 deg Rogue White MSI 130 X

Hybrid/Utility: Ping G430 19 deg Tensei Orange 80 X—Ping iCrossover 4 iron 22.5 deg Tour 2.0 X

Irons: 2018 Titleist AP2 5-PW AMT Tour White

Wedges: Vokey SM 9 50-54-58

Putter: Odyssey TriForce 1 @ 35” or Scotty Del Mar @ 34”