OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - NIKE VAPOR FLEX 440

Our Sponsors

Those distance differences were interesting -- I know the SLDR was custom fit for you, but what about the Cally?  I'm wondering about the stock shaft in the Nike...I know I swapped the stock out for a Fujikura Pro Tour Spec and it made a bit of a difference for me.  I'm nowhere near as long as you but the right shaft did make a difference...

Cally was not custom fit.  Second-hand, off the rack.

Remember, you have to account for mile-high distances (take off at least 10%).  My "flushed" distance at sea level is roughly 280.

The shafts are pretty similar.  All stiff shaft, 55-60Gram.  It's the loft will make a difference (still a guess)

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Still can't believe I was chosen.  So cool.....I entered this review with absolutely zero thought of being selected.  SOOO excited to be able to contribute to this one!   About me: My current inde

Hey everyone, my name is Nick Spears and I really want to thank everyone at MyGolfSpy for choosing me to review the Nike Flex 440. I am a diehard Nike guy and by that I mean, I play nothing but Nike.

NIKE FLEX 440-OFFICIAL MGS FORUM REVIEW by NSpears23   As a Nike lover, I went in to this review hoping this was gonna be my favorite driver ever. So lets find out if it ends the way I hope!   P

Posted Images

We'll have to see what altitude does next week! I'm bringing the Nike and the Mizzy - we'll see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Highfade, you have the distances for the Nike vs the Alpha and SLDR, but what about accuracy. How was it (specifically compared to the Alpha)?

I don't have any technical data on accuracy. No launch monitor or anything. It's strictly my eyeball test. Compared to the Alpha, it was significantly more accurate for me.

But I rate them in this order:

Flex - 75/100

BBA - 60/100

SLDR - 55/100

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Twoputts2AZ's Stage two is up -- you won't want to miss it!!

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/15902-official-forum-member-review-nike-vapor-flex-440/?p=205395

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Awesome reviews guys, I've never had a chance to hit a Nike driver, I guess my memories of a Nike driver are still stuck in my head of the Sumo driver, I could hear it a mile away, it's so loud it's like hitting a steel trash can with a hammer. Nike has really come a long way in their R&D. This driver in particular looks great. Hope to read more on it's feel and sound. Thank you!

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

• Like 1

WITB:

Driver:   :cobra-small: F9 driver 9* stiff shaft 

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* regular shaft

Hybrids:  :nike-small: Vapor Flex  3 hybrid regular shaft 

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Ben Hogan BHB01 blade

Ball:  :Snell: Black

Bag: 2015 Ogio Chamber Cart Bag & 2018 MyGolfSpy Stand Bag

Awesome reviews guys, I've never had a chance to hit a Nike driver, I guess my memories of a Nike driver are still stuck in my head of the Sumo driver, I could hear it a mile away, it's so loud it's like hitting a steel trash can with a hammer. Nike has really come a long way in their R&D. This driver in particular looks great. Hope to read more on it's feel and sound. Thank you!

Go find the Flex and hit it. If you like a good sounding driver, youll love it.

• Like 1

NSPEARS23's Stage 2 Review is up!

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/15902-official-forum-member-review-nike-vapor-flex-440/?p=204055

Excellent stuff gentlemen. You guys are killin' it!!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Go find the Flex and hit it. If you like a good sounding driver, youll love it.

What shaft did the vapor flex come with and what shaft is in your vapor pro? I too struggle with the occasional low heel hit, but mine are caused by spinning out my lower body-  there are other causes mind you.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Rogue 9*, UST chrome 7F5T 

Fairway:     :taylormade-small: M5 3 wood, UST chrome 7F5T

Irons:        :titelist-small: TMB 3i &  :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     :titelist-small: Voke SM7 LTD Jet Black 

Putter:       :bettinardi-small: Queen Bee #9

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

I played a 13 degree SQ and it was the same sound, but if you laid into it, that thing would go

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Accra TZ5 Proto 65 M5 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Tour Blue 75X 

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, TT DG S300 HS 1x

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX 45.8, 50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S300

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

What shaft did the vapor flex come with and what shaft is in your vapor pro? I too struggle with the occasional low heel hit, but mine are caused by spinning out my lower body- there are other causes mind you.

Diamana Blueboard Xstiff. But it was to whippy for me. Switched it our for my Kuro Kage Silver Xstiff. I have zero problem hitting the sweet spot with my Vapor Pro, but there is just something different about the Flex. And its really bothering me cause when I connect with the Flex, its better than the Pro! So much less spin. Better(lower) ball flight. Im not giving up on it, but i just need more time with it. I love everything about it except the fact that im not hitting it square. Urgh!

Diamana Blueboard Xstiff. But it was to whippy for me. Switched it our for my Kuro Kage Silver Xstiff. I have zero problem hitting the sweet spot with my Vapor Pro, but there is just something different about the Flex. And its really bothering me cause when I connect with the Flex, its better than the Pro! So much less spin. Better(lower) ball flight. Im not giving up on it, but i just need more time with it. I love everything about it except the fact that im not hitting it square. Urgh!

What weight is the blue board vs the kk? I really like the look of the head w/ the weight port. I'm guessing your pro is 460 vs the 440 in the vapor, so it's inherently less forgiving

My Mixed-Bag:

I swapped out the stock Diamana for a Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 73 and had pretty solid results, although the Diamana was pretty decent for me.  I've found with this driver, as with most - my results get spotty when I really try getting after it.  But it's easy to feel like you can get after it, if that makes any sense.  

Another thing about this driver that's interesting is how much of an affect moving the Flight pod actually has on ball flight and forgiveness.  I hit the ball high with a positive AOA so I tried moving the heavy end forward and found that it made the driver noticeably less forgiving and a heck of a lot spinnier.  Moving the heavy end toward the rear, and then cranking the loft down to 8.5 made a world of difference.  

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I was also surpised at how much it changed my ball flight. And the drop in ball spin was something Ive been searching for. Im not giving up on it, but i need some more range time to get my swing set for it. Such a great driver when struck solid.

Both are 60.

I tried to find more info on the stock shaft , looks to be part of the higher balance point shafts, my kryptonite! Hopefully you can get squared up with a shaft to make it come to life!

My Mixed-Bag:

What lofts are you finding to work best? I've tried the 440 Flex with the weight for a mid-launch and the loft set at 8.5 and it seems to give me the best penetrating flight. The sound at impact is still tough to get used too.

Nice reviews guys. After reading these I was curious and got to hit this yesterday at a Nike demo day at my club. Love the look of the Flex, but not the results. Hit six different shafts and just could not get it dialed in.

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

Mine is in the bullpen right now. Consistency is hard to find and with 30 different settings it's been a challenge finding the right one.

Will be hitting the range again today - will see what we can come up with. I really want to make this work because I absolutely love the sound and feel. And my first round with it was driving magic - want to get that mojo back!!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Mine is setup at low launch and 8.5. Ive messed with 5 shafts to see if I can get my swing right and its frustrating me beyond belief! As Barb stated, the sound and feel is amazing, but im just not hitting it solid. Maybe next year they will give us a 460 version???