Birdiehunter17

THE ONE AND ONLY KIRKLAND SIGNATURE BALL THREAD

So a 4 piece urethane ball for $30 for a double dozen! Costco makes solid products, anyone try yet? I ordered them to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hadn't heard of them but I'm intrigued

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

From their web site:

Introducing the Kirkland Signature Four-Piece Urethane Cover Golf Ball, featuring professional quality ball performance!

This four-piece, tour quality ball is encased in a urethane cover, providing a very soft feel, so you won't have to trade distance for "feel" anymore. The quality construction provides a controlled iron spin, consistent ball flight, excellent green-side control and lasting durability. 

Kirkland Signature's speed boosting outer core is engineered to maximize the impact energy transfer for all high and low swing players!

If they have any in the store next time I'm there I'm picking some up for the winter!

Nassau is the company that makes TaylorMade TP and Project a. Likely, these are "extras" of those balls repainted and renamed. There's a glut at TM/Nike ball factories, so from what I've heard, this won't be the last foreign maker of balls to do this. They can't make them and throw them away... Repurpose them and get em sold.

• Like 3

Nassau is the company that makes TaylorMade TP and Project a. Likely, these are "extras" of those balls repainted and renamed. There's a glut at TM/Nike ball factories, so from what I've heard, this won't be the last foreign maker of balls to do this. They can't make them and throw them away... Repurpose them and get em sold.

That was gonna be my guess as well. Most Kirkland brand things are just brand name things. For that price it's worth a shot even if they become practice balls.

• Like 2

I have never played a Project (a) until a week ago.  I found one on the course in perfect condition after a tournament and played it for a few holes; didn't like it.  Great price, but I'll stick to my Snell.

This is the same argument as their vodka. Everyone thinks its Grey Goose just repackaged haha. Who knows it could be someone's premium ball repackaged. I was trying to see if the dimple pattern resembled any of the big brands' designs

I don't have a Costco in my town. Yet.

Who's going to be the first one to test these out? At $1.25/ball seems enticing. I'd try them.

Just bought some - we'll see how they roll...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

I'll be watching closely for your thoughts on these balls. I'll make a bet that you'll say they are a "very good" ball. I personally can't tell much if any difference these days between top quality balls. The ones I'm talking about are all in comparison to the generic PV1. The so called standard of a top rated ball. 

I don't buy Titleist PV balls because they are ridiculously priced. Yes, I can afford to buy them all day long if I chose to. But I won't. The following balls IMHO will play as good as or equal to a PV for most players without paying more than necessary. Remember, most golf is played by weekend amateurs of varying degree of skill. I have another question.... can you or someone at MGS tell us what the average Hcp. for all members? I'm going to make a wild guess it's about 15. Aside from playing "rocks", Mojos, or other cheap balls any of the following in no particular order are very good balls for most players. Including a 1 handicapper. None of them cost $48+/dz. Most are $35 or less. One of these balls below will suite you.

Chrome Soft

Snell

Project a

MG C4

Duo U

Bridgestone E5

NXT Tour-S

Kirkland Signature?

• Like 1

There is a big thread over on WRX for these balls.  A few of the people in the thread have got a chance to play a round with them and so far the feedback is pretty positive.  

golfballtest.org also has some initial measurements of the ball and a full review coming soon.  Seems to measure similar to the ProV1 in both compression and cover hardness.  

Based off this early feedback I think this could be a decent tour caliber ball at a fantastic price.  Realistically I'm hoping I can get another month of golf out of this season so I don't think I'm going to pull the trigger on ordering any.  If I happen to find some in a store though I'll throw them in the cart.

You can get them online even if you're not a Costco member.  I had a pay a $1.50 non-member fee, plus tax. Free shipping.  Not bad at all...

• Like 3