Weather in your neck of the woods?

Currently 28° dropping into the low teens overnight. Got 3” of snow overnight with another 4-6” expected over the next 3 days. The weather nerds say it won’t get over freezing for the next 10 days. Grand total of 11” since the Super Bowl.

IMG_1534.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, I'll add my part. I'm sure the beach has dusting of snow and ice but I'm sorry to disappoint you, I live 2.5 hours south of Houston. It is even rarer for us to get the fluffy white stuff. And I no

We added another six inches of snow Monday night into Tuesday. Wind chills well below zero this morning with actual temps near the negatives, too. They're talking up to a few more inches later this we

4 days after the storm. Almost walked home without a jacket. 

Posted Images

My street was a literal sheet of ice from the freezing rain we’re getting; I had to go 5 mph and if I even touched the brakes I was drifting over. Go Indiana weather!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

I know that snow = 0% chance of golf, but I'm getting tired of all the rain in the Houston area. 

Galveston CC super (J. Smelser) posted on twitter that as of Feb 1, his course has received 82.75" of rain since Sept 1...and this wasn't even due to a hurricane, this was all a pissed off mother nature. I'm not sure what other area courses have received, but everyone is sloppy, soaked, etc. We're supposed to have a dry spell the next three days so hopefully I can call in sick on Friday and get in 18, but then all next week is 40-60% chance of rain every day. 

I never knew who would buy those hideous Nike Bandon golf shoes...turns out I just might need a pair! 

• :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* w/ VA Composites Nemesys 65 X tipped 1/2" 
  • :ping-small: G425 LST 3W 14.5* w/ Ping Tour 75X
  • :srixon-small: ZX Utility 18* w/ Project X 6.5
  • :callaway-small: X Forged 21* w/ Tour Issue Dynamic Gold S400
  • :taylormade-small: 2020 P770 5-PW w/ Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X100
  • :ping-small: Glide 3.0 54* & 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S400
  • :ping-small: Sigma 2 Arna - 35.25"...coming soon: Evnroll ER5B
  •  Pro V1x Left Dash
  • I'm left-handed so I don't go broke buying all new clubs every week. 

Willamette Valley is a mix of snow. hail, wind. rain, 20s, 30s, and 40s. The weather people arent sure what to say or do. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

My firm just put together a stormwater plan for a local small city to combat flooding.  It's just a study so, they won't get relief for a while. It's an effort to get some funding to help pay for some of what's necessary.  During the study, we found the area had received a 50-year storm and four 10-year storms within 6 weeks.  

We need some relief!  We've had the equivalent of 19 months rainfall since September.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

I know that snow = 0% chance of golf, but I'm getting tired of all the rain in the Houston area. 

Galveston CC super (J. Smelser) posted on twitter that as of Feb 1, his course has received 82.75" of rain since Sept 1...and this wasn't even due to a hurricane, this was all a pissed off mother nature. I'm not sure what other area courses have received, but everyone is sloppy, soaked, etc. We're supposed to have a dry spell the next three days so hopefully I can call in sick on Friday and get in 18, but then all next week is 40-60% chance of rain every day. 

I never knew who would buy those hideous Nike Bandon golf shoes...turns out I just might need a pair! 

I love my Nike Bandon Dunes!!  I don't wear them much since most years we don't get much snow or rain.  A few times each year I will wear them on the course if it's really wet and I'm walking.  I wore them yesterday to shovel snow all morning and they kept my feet dry and warm.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My wife and I stayed home all day Monday because it was still snowing and the streets hadn't been plowed yet.  We normally don't get much snow in the winter, so the city doesn't have a lot of plowing capability.  We just wanted to stay out of their way.  I shoveled the driveway... again.

Well, I woke up to another inch or two of fresh powder and shoveled the driveway... again, at 6am.  My wife had to open her business since she closed Monday because of the snow.  Many businesses were closed.  So, I decided to drive her in to work and shovel her walkway and customer parking places.  Took 90 minutes.  Worked up a sweat!!

My wife's business is at the Richland airport (small planes only) and the Port plows the parking lot and the airport grounds.  They had plowed on Monday, but there was that new snow last night; they will probably come around to scrape it off later today when they finish higher priority lots.

We don't normally use the back door to her building since it open onto the airport tarmac, but I decided to take a look...

Feb12.jpg.2bcf85bd607a11717866ad2bae11c1d1.jpg

Guess we won't be using the back door any time soon!!

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Rain, rain/snow mix, more rain, more snow, lot more rain mixed with snow, then rain, then snow again, on and on and on...In fact the whole next week to at least next Wednesday looks absolutely "friggin' crappy"-which is a technical meteorological term btw😝...Looks like I picked the right month to send my irons back to PING..! Better start slapping around more putts in the living room too just so I don't go bat sh** crazy...

• Like 1

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I was prepared for the snow today, not so much for the unexpected ice storm. Barely made up the hill to my house. Love the Catskills this time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* AD TP 6x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 15* AD TP 7x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 18* AD MT 7x

PXG 0311X Gen 2 23* AD DI 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 5-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:odyssey-small: Toulon Madison Stroke Lab 34"

Sunny and 84* today

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*) w/Recoil ES Hybrid(75 GM) regular shaft Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).  Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Snow, ice. Snow Ice. Just keeps repeating itself. At least the highs of negative 20 are over with..... Ugh. 

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

20* and gale force winds here tonight.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

5 hours ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Rain, rain/snow mix, more rain, more snow, lot more rain mixed with snow, then rain, then snow again, on and on and on...In fact the whole next week to at least next Wednesday looks absolutely "friggin' crappy"-which is a technical meteorological term btw😝...Looks like I picked the right month to send my irons back to PING..! Better start slapping around more putts in the living room too just so I don't go bat sh** crazy...

Did you have a dust storm a couple of days ago before your rain/snow??  Local weather people and scientists said that dust, most likely from the Treasure Valley area, blew into our area and dumped a layer of dirt on our fresh snow.  Then it snowed some more.  It's all over town.  Here's a pic of snow I shoveled...

IMG_1026.jpg.32050de77296cdc539cdc4ce4bf29eb7.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Did you have a dust storm a couple of days ago before your rain/snow??  Local weather people and scientists said that dust, most likely from the Treasure Valley area, blew into our area and dumped a layer of dirt on our fresh snow.  Then it snowed some more.  It's all over town.  Here's a pic of snow I shoveled...

IMG_1026.jpg.32050de77296cdc539cdc4ce4bf29eb7.jpg

Oooh, that's bizarre...I hadn't heard anything about that. We've had some amount of wind associated with the weather here, but nothing that violent that would have kicked up dust like this...it's been too wet for dusty conditions of any type here quite honestly. And add that for dust to come from us clear down in SW Idaho and go backwards toward the West against prevailing winds..?! I question the science here...weird. Icky, but weird...

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

There's a picnic table in this picture.IMG_20190213_141751.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9°, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 X
:callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero 15°, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 S
:cobra-small: F6 5-6W, 18.5°, Fujikura Motore 6.3
:adams-small: XTD Proto dHy 21°, Aldila Green NV Hybrid 105 S
:Sub70: 699 Pro, Modus3 105, 5–PW
:Sub70: Forged Black 50°, 54°, and 58°
:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab EXO Seven Mini, 34"
:srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Full WITB with pictures

7 hours ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Oooh, that's bizarre...I hadn't heard anything about that. We've had some amount of wind associated with the weather here, but nothing that violent that would have kicked up dust like this...it's been too wet for dusty conditions of any type here quite honestly. And add that for dust to come from us clear down in SW Idaho and go backwards toward the West against prevailing winds..?! I question the science here...weird. Icky, but weird...

When the storms have come in this past week, the wind comes out of the north but the storm is rotating CCW.  All of the moisture is coming up from California, Eastern Oregon, and hitting us from the SE.  I didn't know there was any earth that wasn't covered with snow within 300 miles of here!!

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 7:38 PM, blackngold_blood said:

My wife showed me a weather report on facebook for our area next week.  It says 12"-18" of snow likely with the possibility of up to 36"!  I laughed and told her no way we are going to get that much snow.  I sure hope I'm not wrong on that!

Well turns out I wasn't wrong.  The storm passed us by and only dropped 4-5" of light fluffy stuff.  Sure would be nice if that was the last time I have to shovel the driveway until next year!

• Like 1

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Cold here in Southern Massachusetts. Got around 4 inches the other day. Been pretty cold winter compared to last year. But very little snowfall. Hope it doesn't repeat last year with two major snowstorms in March. Getting itchy.

Eagle1.jpg

golf sign.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Driver   :bridgestone-small:     JGR 9.5 R Flex Adila 65        

3 Wood  :callaway-logo-1:            XR RFlex Fujikura Evolution

5 Wood :callaway-logo-1:            XR R Flex Project X 5.5                                     

7Wood  :adams-small:    Speedline LP R Flex Matix HD Radix 5.1                                                                                                           Irons      :bridgestone-small:   4 thru A Wedge  J-15 CB R Flex NS Pro                                                                                                             Wedges :cleveland-small:              56 CG 15                                                                                                                                                                           XE!                      65                                                                                                                                                                       Putter      :EVNROLL:         ER 5  Hatchback                                                                                                                                                Ball          :titelist-small:                 NXT Tour S