Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Looking to buy new irons

TBT

Yes I know they are all over the map as far as players irons, GI or SGI and that's a big part of the problem.

I haven't gone through a fitting in a few years but I've played Callaway Raxr X Blacks, Bridgestone J40 DPC's, Cleveland 588 MT's and currently playing TM Speedblades.

My eyes like the thinner profile irons but I think my game is better suited with a GI set. I have heard people describe the Apex CF16 as a cross between a players iron with game improvement characteristics, that's why it's so high on my list.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I know it's not an iron that has caught on that much, but I know a few guys that swear by the M2 tour irons, including our local TM rep. He chose the M2 tours for the forgiveness and a bit of the M2 tech without the chunky look. Maybe worth a shot as I bet you can snag a solid deal on 2016 irons.

Sent from my LG-H812 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Ok- not listed, but in your parameters, look also to the Wilson Staff camp. V6's, f5's, even c200's. In reverse order of forgiveness. These have some of the best feel of any iron in their respective categories, probably better performance, and generally better price.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

I'm in the market for a new set of irons and I'm having a hard time deciding which ones to go with, here are the contenders and no particular order.

Callaway Apex CF16

Titleist AP2

Callaway XR Steelhead Pro

Taylormade M2

Cobra F7

I would love to be able to get the new Epic irons but the cost is WAY TOO HIGH!

I have hit all of these with some decent results but nothing has really stood out about any of them.

I would love to hear the the thoughts of members that are playing some of these.

I'd lean towards the CF 16's myself. They are easy to hit with a great launch and fantastic distance. I know these are on my radar for a purchase in the near future.

I would suggest a fitting though. Try them all with different shafts and specs. See which ones have numbers that are satisfactory to you and then go from there.

Of course as we all know, what works for one, doesn't always work for another. Without knowing your game, swing and overall makeup, I don't think it's fair for anyone to tell you exactly what to get.

Keep us updated on what you decide. 🙂

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

I was hitting some demo jpx 900 forged and I want to spend more money again

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Seeing that you've listed the F7 and the AP2, have you given the Cobra Forged Tour a try? I recently got AP2s but I was very torn between them and the Forged Tour. I loved the feel of both, but I like the look of the AP2s more.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Cobra King F7, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0, 9.5º

3W: Cobra King F7, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0, 14.5º

Hybrid: Callaway XR Steelhead 19º

Irons: Titleist 716 AP2, True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT, Standard lofts and lie

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 3.0 50º, 54º, 58º, Tour Raw finish

Putter: Scotty Cameron Cameron & Crown Newport Mallet 1

Ball: Bridgestone B330 RXS or Titleist ProV1 or Vice Pro

Archived