Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

[article] Do's and Don'ts of gimme putts

STUDque

Gimme Putt Etiquette

I love this article. What a great read. I was an offender of many of these rules last year in our league and it cost me dearly in my matches. This year I've made it a point to give less putts (within certain parameters) and it's helped me tremendously.

I figure if I don't give many, they won't either. It's forced/helped me become a better putter and better competitor.

GettyImages-142546483.jpg

Sent by carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Gimme Putt Etiquette

I love this article. What a great read. I was an offender of many of these rules last year in our league and it cost me dearly in my matches. This year I've made it a point to give less putts (within certain parameters) and it's helped me tremendously.

I figure if I don't give many, they won't either. It's forced/helped me become a better putter and better competitor.

Its a reasonable list of recommendations.  In particular, I agree that you should never feel insulted if your opponent makes you putt.  If you can make it every single time, then there's nothing to worry about, just make it.  And if you CAN'T make it every single damn time, he shouldn't be giving it to you, he'd be a fool.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Pretty good list, I can't fault any of those. 

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

No gimmes. The object of the game is to put the ball in the little cup at the end of said hole isn't it?

In stroke play yes. In match play there is a bit more gamesmanship that can be applied to put additional pressure on you opponent

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

This year I've been more generous with gimmes - but it depends on the skill of the player for me as well..

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

KB

Cobra LS - Fujikura Ventus Black TR 7x

Cobra F9 3w- Fujikura Tour Spec 2.0 8x

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-PW

Taylormade Hi-Toe 50,54, 58 wedges 

Evnroll ER2

Ohio

6 handicap 

For chatterboxes or crybabies, I'm more likely to force them to putt it out. Gotta love that passive aggressive way of getting them back for annoying me.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Archived