Sluggo42

What was your Shot of the Day?

Par 5 Drive into the bunker. Crappy lie and I have to dig it out with an explosion shot. Then top my third shot. Then the shot of the day.

160 yard shot that stops 2 inches from the hole.

• Like 4

Nothing remarkable today but I made the two most exquisite up and downs on 1 and 3 on Sunday afternoon. They led to a 79 on a set of tees with a course rating of 73.8. That's the equivalent of 75 on an average course.

The game is coming along - slowly but surely

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Had first aid training at the course today as a part of work and me and one of the other Marshall's there decided to head out for 9 afterwards. Grabbed our clubs and cart and met up with two other members. No warm up other then a few putts and after sitting and listening for nearly 7 hours was pretty stiff. Also decided to throw the epic sub zero in the bag as driver is really the only club I'm still trying to figure out what to game... Anyway. Back 9 start so hole 10 is a par 4 about 375 with a sloping landing right to left and then heads down hill to the green. I normally hit a good drive to about the 100 then have a wedge in which is tough because it plays short and going long is death off a bank and the water.

Today was a different story, there was a good 14mph wind (thank you arccos) so I stepped with the the epic and took a rip at it. Went good and straight and thought perfect I should be about 75 yards in. However to my surprise I had run it onto the green about 12 or so feet to the pin. Shock doesn't begin to describe that drive. Maybe I finally found my driver! Unfortunately missed the Eagle right edge, but got my birdie shot 1 over for the 9 holes :)IMG_20180612_161522.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Monday I eagled a short par 4 during my league match. Flopped one in over a bunker from the rough about 30 yards away.

Today, I eagled the same hole! This time I was about 15 yards away after a great drive. Ran it up with my 54* and it dropped right in.

How fun is that?!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Ok this won't be a big deal to most of you. But having gone though my fittimg/lesson with Ian at TXG last week. I came out of it with a stronger grip, more neutral path and squaring the ckubfsce.

Tonight it all came together on one glorius shot.

I was 129 out on my 3rd shot into a 565 yard par 5. To a front left pin guarded by a bunker short and hazard to the left.

I aimed toward the right center of the green figured I'd be safe no matter if it drew, reverted to my old fade or stayed straight.

It was a perfect draw that disappeared over the bunker and I knew it was close.

Got up to find it about 8 feet beyond the pin. With the ball mark a good two feet behind it. Wish I could have seen the spin

After hitting cases for 30 years, the site of a draw was like an Awakening. Ha

And I topped it off by draining the left to right 8 footer for bird!

• Like 9

Ok this won't be a big deal to most of you. But having gone though my fittimg/lesson with Ian at TXG last week. I came out of it with a stronger grip, more neutral path and squaring the ckubfsce.

Tonight it all came together on one glorius shot.

I was 129 out on my 3rd shot into a 565 yard par 5. To a front left pin guarded by a bunker short and hazard to the left.

I aimed toward the right center of the green figured I'd be safe no matter if it drew, reverted to my old fade or stayed straight.

It was a perfect draw that disappeared over the bunker and I knew it was close.

Got up to find it about 8 feet beyond the pin. With the ball mark a good two feet behind it. Wish I could have seen the spin

After hitting cases for 30 years, the site of a draw was like an Awakening. Ha

And I topped it off by draining the left to right 8 footer for bird!

I knew you always had a hooker in ya jeans

• Like 2

I knew you always had a hooker in ya jeans

LMAO. Just don't tell SWMBO

• Like 2

League night tonight. Par 4, 444. Hit a perfect draw off the tee with my 3 wood 245yds. Felt great and was nice to be in the short stuff. The rest of the hole can be ignored.

• Like 4

Shot like crap for 14 holes then figured it out duhhh

Anyways, par 5, strong drive. Then one of the best hit hybrids of my life gave me a 15 footer for eagle that I missed

Then last hole I hit a 3 wood 20 yds longer than normal into a fairway bunker 113 out, uphill a bit, behind a tree.

Choked up a PW and hit the green, and 2putt par. Good way to end the day

• Like 3

Hole #4, par 5 today, after a good drive, center fairway, had a 240 yard shot to the green. Picked up the 5 wood and launched it. Stuck it on the green.

Like Sluggo, it was at 15 footer for eagle. A 2 putt birdie was good enough for me.

That 5 wood shot made my round.

• Like 2

I'd say the PXG 0311xf is a candidate to replace the U65. Down wind, but still, pretty useful.

IMG_1869.PNG

• Like 2

While turning in my cart, I tossed a soda can about 30' that found the bottom of a trash can. Unfortunately, that was the shot of my round yesterday!

• Like 5

While turning in my cart, I tossed a soda can about 30' that found the bottom of a trash can. Unfortunately, that was the shot of my round yesterday!

Impressive none the less!!

• Like 1

Hit a great shot from 173 with my 6 iron. Landed it on the front of the green and it rolled to about 2 feet. Only birdie of the day and I played like crap. I definitely play the cut blue better than I do the prov1. Put them head to head today and it was pretty obvious which ball I played better on a poor ball striking day.20180616_121301.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 5

Played a scramble today with the in laws and wife. 3rd hole was a 186yd par 3. I stuck my shot 12ft from the pin with a nice draw. We don't need to worry about how the putting went.

• Like 2

From yesterday but a 289 yard drive to start a Par 5. Unfortunately lipped out a birdie putt but still made par!

IMG_4311.PNG

• Like 2

Hole in One!

200 yard slightly uphill par 3. Used my 17* hybrid. One hop and in the hole.

That's #2 (first was 41 years ago!)

Nice! Congrats on the "Shot of 40 Years"
  • Like 1

Hole in One!

200 yard slightly uphill par 3. Used my 17* hybrid. One hop and in the hole. 

That's #2 (first was 41 years ago!)

Congratulations!

• Like 1

I had 2 today. The first was a 218 yard 3 wood onto the green with a 2 put for par. The second was 98 yard 50° wedge to about 6" for a tap in bird.

• Like 3