cksurfdude

Tee It Forward campaign - Good? Bad? Ugly? (Other?)

Yes! Completely agree with those ideas (had posted something not too dissimilar above) ... get rid of the traditional "labels" and MARK each set of tees with signage conveying some information to _guide_ each player in choosing the right teeing ground for them and their game.

Signs could possibly include markings like on ski trails (eg. easiest .. Intermediate .. expert .. double black diamond) and also Yardage ranges into the designed landing area.

I think I've posted some of this in another thread. As long as you can figure out the yardage you played, you can use this chart to adjust slope and course rating for an "unrated" set of tees: https://www.usga.org/HandicapFAQ/handicap_answer.asp?FAQidx=14

What we really need is a rating and slope for each hole from each tee for each gender. I'd find it hard to believe that this couldn't be done.

• Like 1

If everyone left their ego and cell phones in the car, golf would be both quicker and more fun.

I'm a firm believer in the "5 iron distance x 36" guide for which tees to play. I hit my 5 145 or so, and generally play from the senior tees or whichever set works out to the 5200-5300 yd. range.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app