Has anyone purchased products because of the MGS Reviews?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My entire bag in my signature except for the loaner Titleist driver has come from reading MGS. Never would have considered Srixon until they won most wanted GI iron, and the Cobra F7 hybrid reviews re

Not really, only my driver, driver shaft, putter, irons, bag, umbrella, wire brush, balls, shoes, GPS, pull cart and gloves.

I wouldn't have ever heard of Evnroll if it weren't for MGS. Based on the test results they've done, forum members, and some personal testing, I'm waiting for my custom ER2 which should be here any da

Yep. Snell balls, because I probably wouldn't have heard of them. Also, my Mizuno 5 wood. Because of being a tester for the JPX-EZ driver and 3 wood I ended up buying the 5 because it just simply works for me.

Also looking at the Evnroll ER1 or 2 to replace my 11 year old Yes! Tracy.

• Like 3

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Snell golf balls and I bought a Ping Glide wedge (it's since been donated to a friends bag since winning the set of Cobra clubs)

• Like 4

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Snell balls. Hogan wedges (SCOR). Srixon. Definitely enjoy the reviews on the site.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3
:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Can't say that I have. But before I make my next one I'll read the blog reviews if there are any and search through the forum first.

• Like 3

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I had forgotten about the Snell MTB balls. Would never have heard of them if not for here. Most people at my course still have no idea about them.

"You're playing a what?" 

After a couple of holes I get more serious questions about them.

• Like 4

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Absolutely! I had Cobra Fly-Z irons in my bag which came in 2nd in 2015 GI test (I didn't want TMags) and my Datrek bag which was an MGS winner. The Cobras are some awesome GI irons, the MGS results were spot on. But I am having some Nike nostalgia problems and decided to put them back in play. My putter was based off of the Ketsch dominance---had to have some TR grooves in the bag.

• Like 3

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w, Evenflow Riptide
:nike-small: Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

My entire bag in my signature except for the loaner Titleist driver has come from reading MGS. Never would have considered Srixon until they won most wanted GI iron, and the Cobra F7 hybrid reviews really sold me on pulling the trigger there. The Srixon/Cleveland turf interaction and the MGS first look got me to ditch my Vokey wedges for the more forgiving Cleveland CBX wedges. And I went with an Edel putter after reading so many positive things from people on here about their fitting experience.

I am the poster child for the site I think. Was a 6-8 handicap when I got on here and have changed out my entire bag, and now down to a 1.5 because of that and a whole lot of short game practice.

That's quite an endorsement!!

As for me, I bought the Srixon Z565 Driver based on the Most Wanted Testing results.  I recently ordered an MLA  putter based on the reviews and the 50% discount offered to MGS members.  

• Like 6

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

• 1 month later...

EvnRoll ER3, and possibly the Flightscope Mevo. It's all the info I need currently!

• Like 4

:callaway-small:      GBB Epic Driver 10.5 degree, Project X HZRDUS T800 55 Graphite - Stiff

:ping-small:  G400 3 Wood 14.5 degree, PING Tour 75 - Stiff

:nike-small:       Vapor Fly Hybrid 17 degreeMitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 80H - Stiff

:ping-small:  G400 4 - UW Irons, Pro-Modus 120 - Stiff 

:titelist-small:    Spin Mill Vokey 56 Wedge

:titelist-small:    Spin Mill Vokey 60 Wedge

EvnRoll     ER3 

:titelist-small:    NXT Tour ball

To buy golf clubs based on recommendations is committing golf suicide.  I don't care what anyone says, swing the clubs firsthand and get fitted.

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Not clubs... yet. Nah, I take that back. When I got back into golf I found the clubs I ended up with on here, with amazing reviews. Golf balls though. MBP got me to step out of my Titleist obsession and find Srixon and Wilson balls. This place is full of a bunch of good stuff. You never know what you'll find.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Can't say that I have. But before I make my next one I'll read the blog reviews if there are any and search through the forum first.

Turns out I just did. Today I bought a Cobra Fly-Z+. It was the 3rd top pick Most Wanted Driver of 2015. I based my decision largely on MGS reports and reviews on the Blog and in the forum. I've seen the driver many times and also thought it looked great and setup nicely. We'll see.

• Like 3

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I may have posted in here before about something else, can't recall. But recently I bought an MLA putter based on reviews here and the discount being offered.

• Like 4

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Snell Golf Balls

Would have purchased an Evnroll, but then was lucky enough to have been chosen for testing

• Like 4

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 59D
:EVNROLL: ER1v
:titelist-small: ProV1

To buy golf clubs based on recommendations is committing golf suicide.  I don't care what anyone says, swing the clubs firsthand and get fitted.

I'd disagree to a certain point. I always prefer to try before buying, but sometimes it isn't possible for me. I took an educated gamble on Scor wedges based on reviews and comments on MGS. The price was worth the gamble, as from the review they sounded like they would suit my game.

Buying purely due to one person saying something is great is perhaps ill advised, but if there is a weight of positives from a range of reviewers it's more likely to work out, especially for lower cost items.

Most people on here who have purchased due to reviews on MGS have probably tried them before buying. I'm looking seriously at Mizuno JPX900 Tours, which I might not have considered if not for the review. I will definitely go through a full fitting if I do purchase.

• Like 6

:ping-small:  G400 SFT Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I am in a little different position than most people reading the testing results. Since I am part of the most wanted tester group I get to try and touch most anything that is tested in Yorktown at the testing headquarters. This enables me to see what works best for me and not the group as a whole since I can see my results on the launch monitor.

Time for some more evaluation for bag changes as testing for 2018 is officially under way. Looks like there will be some different stuff in the mix this year based on my wandering around the lab, peeking in boxes, and removing head covers. Wish I could post some pics but some of it is still under pre release embargo. Great way to geek out on new golf equipment!

• Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I am in a little different position than most people reading the testing results. Since I am part of the most wanted tester group I get to try and touch most anything that is tested in Yorktown at the testing headquarters.

So now my wheels are spinning......

During the live raffle, Sam said he's got about 80ish testers on his roster. Where are they? I hardly see anyone besides yourself post that say they're part of the group. I'd imagine some are Golf Spy staff but the majority would be average Joes.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

So now my wheels are spinning......

During the live raffle, Sam said he's got about 80ish testers on his roster. Where are they? I hardly see anyone besides yourself post that say they're part of the group. I'd imagine some are Golf Spy staff but the majority would be average Joes.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

I have met a few of them during testing sessions and during the thank you party. I know that some are really into golf and equipment like myself and others are just people that come in to test that are members of local golf clubs. Perhaps they aren't into posting on golf forums in the end it isn't an answer that I know. Most are in the hampton roads area of Virginia. From a staff perspective I think Sam is the only on that participates in testing, but that may change this year since they hired a new person to help run the testing. The goal is to have everyone local so they can ensure the same testing protocols are followed and. It have to ship stuff all over the place.

• Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG