Should be Friday - our one week of winter broke today. The frosted car window is something that you rarely see in St Pete. I was at a conference in Orlando where it was a few degrees cooler.

attachment=56081:IMG_0837.JPG]

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

IMG_0837.JPG

• Like 5

Tomorrow morning 8:15am. Should be around 60* @ tee time. Our week of winter seems to be over

• Like 1

Should be Friday - our one week of winter broke today. The frosted car window is something that you rarely see in St Pete. I was at a conference in Orlando where it was a few degrees cooler.

Your right about the frost. Saw heavy frost the other morning. Killed a couple of SWMBO plants, she's not happy.

Played yesterday and today. First full rounds in over a month due to work and weather. My short game was bad, gonna blame it on rust. Drove the ball well and hit my irons good though. Lots of good signs from the G400 so far. Shot +3 yesterday and +1 today.

• Like 3

First round was pretty decent. I've been really working on my chipping pitching and irons these last few weeks. Had time to play nine holes last weekend. Shot 13 over but bad two blow up holes. Finally pared a par 3 though and had two birdie chances that I didn't convert unfortunately. My pitching and chipping still needs work with distance control. Keep leaving them short. Putting was pretty decent. Had 20 putts over 9 holes so I feel like that's ok. My driving is usually terrible and fade/slice everything to the right but this time I hit 85 percent of fairways straight in the middle. Still not hitting enough GIRs but I'm thinking this will be a big year for me. Looking forward to more rounds.

• Like 1

Looks like my car every day... except my car's not red... and it's not a Hyundai. 

• Like 1

It was chilly yesterday; about 37* at 10am.  The back nine was still closed because of goose poop.  Here is #17 green with the perpetrators.  

IMG_0823.jpg

Grounds crew was blowing off the goose poop from the putting green.

IMG_0825.jpg

I went to the range to hit a small bucket, and one of my usual walking buddies showed up.  We hit a few balls, chatted, and then heard that the front nine was opening at noon.  So we decided to play 9-holes.  I rode in a cart because my foot is still not 100%, and froze my arse.  Incentive to get better and walk!!

The course as been close since before Christmas, so this was my first time out in over two weeks.  Sandy par on the first hole and it was all downhill from there.  Did not keep score and hit multiple shots on occasion, but it was nice to be swinging a club.

• Like 3

I shot 88 today and boy was it a struggle . I finally got to play with kingcscott who is a player! Beautiful ball striking day for Scott as he had everyone in our group gawking! I believe he shot a 74 and it could have been a few strokes better. 🏌️⛳️

Looking forward to teeing it up again with Scott except he'll have to quit taking all our quarters.

• Like 4

Should play my first round in the Atlanta area in February. Hopefully the weather holds up as well as the plans to get to Atlanta

• Like 1

I played last Saturday.....had some issues with short game....the finess shots seem to be the first thing to go. Went out in 46 thanks to an ugly triple on the 7th hole, got a little better with a 42 on the back...so at least I broke 90.

• Like 2

Went to Mecca-rey and posted some pics in the Pics from the Course thread. Got my arse handed to me on a golden platter at Spyglass, but I don't really care, wasn't expecting to play that well, but couldn't drive it at all. One does not need a driver there, played my 16.5 hybrid off the tee box the most, was unreal overall. Only 2 3-putts on that day.

2nd round at Spanish Bay, could drive the ball well there, and wedge work was awesome. Bagged 3 pars on the back 9.

• Like 5

You must be able to move it out there to play that track without driver. I've played Spy twice and absolutely loved it but that was probably because I drove the ball just perfect both times. Other than holes 2 and 4 it was bombs away all day

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Played my first two 18 hole rounds this weekend.  Foot is still swollen and it bothered my on Saturday but still shot 83.  Temp was nice at 49*.  Sunday was cooler, around 41*; played about the same, but it got colder as the day went on.  My next round will be in Palm Springs where it's sunny and 78* today!!

• Like 4

Since first of the year I've now been able to play 6 rounds. My scores have started dropping but I've been struggling with my driver a little bit off and on during rounds. So this year I've shot 80, 78, 77, 81, 77, and today 74. I'm pleased so far as course conditions are difficult with really tight - hard fairways. My iron play has been medicare but short game and putting a life saver. We're due for another 2 days of winter tomorrow and Wednesday but the weekend is already forecast to be mid-60's. Sweet.

• Like 4

My first round of the year was at Bandon Dunes with my dad, brother and brother in law. A great way to start the year!

IMG_0287.JPG

Sunrise of the first day of 2018 golf

IMG_0307.JPG

• Like 8

Played my first 18 today, but I've played 2 9 hole twilight rounds after work since the new year as well.

Couldn't get anything going on the front 9 except my driver. Nothing like making bogey from 150y out (short course only 6000 yards). Shot 44/41 with 3 doubles, ugh. I had absolutely no "touch" today on any wedge or chips it was disgusting. Oh well, back on the horse Saturday!

Made 2 birdies as well, including one from after sticking a bunker shot within 6 feet from about 90 yards. Probably the only thing I did today that was somewhat good.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Got out today. Shot an 81 with three doubles. Played the last 6 holes in the dark. A little rough, but good to be back out there!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Since first of the year I've now been able to play 6 rounds. My scores have started dropping but I've been struggling with my driver a little bit off and on during rounds. So this year I've shot 80, 78, 77, 81, 77, and today 74. I'm pleased so far as course conditions are difficult with really tight - hard fairways. My iron play has been medicare but short game and putting a life saver. We're due for another 2 days of winter tomorrow and Wednesday but the weekend is already forecast to be mid-60's. Sweet.

:lol:  Some days my iron play is on medicare too!!   :lol:

• Like 5

You must be able to move it out there to play that track without driver. I've played Spy twice and absolutely loved it but that was probably because I drove the ball just perfect both times. Other than holes 2 and 4 it was bombs away all day

Yeah my hybrid with the KBS proto shaft was on fire, saved my bacon many times. #2 was so brutal, small flattish landing area off the tee and when I missed, the angles were ridiculous, and #4 had the funkiest green, so narrow, my father in law did a couple over and backs on that one.

• Like 1

Yeah my hybrid with the KBS proto shaft was on fire, saved my bacon many times. #2 was so brutal, small flattish landing area off the tee and when I missed, the angles were ridiculous, and #4 had the funkiest green, so narrow, my father in law did a couple over and backs on that one.

Our caddies did a great job navigating those holes for us. The first time I played it I knocked it to about 3 feet underneath the hole on 4 to a front right pin and made the birdie putt and my caddy said "you have no idea how good that was. Nobody makes birdie with that hole location!" When I went back a year later I bladed a wedge to the back of the green and 4 putted for double