Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Midwest: MN, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, WV

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1 hour ago, peppygolfer said:

Hi everyone, I'm Pep from Grand Rapids, Michigan. Just recently joined the forum after stalking the review section for a while. Figured its time to actually introduce myself.

- How long have you been playing golf?

Short answer: 2 years. Long answer: Started golf in 2012 but went into golf hiatus for over 10 years due to constant travel. Returned to golf in 2022 and now been golfing every day since. 

- What’s your handicap or normal score?

I'm an 18 Handicap - but on a bad day it could get ugly. 

- What do you love about golf?

In golf you can go from hitting a tour caliber shot to shanking it in one hole. Chasing the tour caliber shot is addicting.

- What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

MyGolfSpy has a lot of resources for golfers. I want to help build this community of Golf Spies. No I do not know any other spies here. 

- Where are you from? What is your home course?

Grand Rapids, Michigan. Indian Trails Golf Course.

- What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Its cold in Michigan, so you can only golf for 5-6 months out of the year. But its not too hot when you can play.

- What do you do for a living?

I'm an International Business Manager.

- How’d you pick your user name? 

I'm pep. So Peppygolfer

Welcome to the Forum!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

How long have you been playing golf?
A long time. My parents belonged to a club in town, and while I spent the majority of my summers playing baseball, I'd go to the course with dad and play 9 holes with him a few times a year. Trips to the course became fewer as the baseball schedule picked up in intensity, but I never gave it up entirely. This year I've made a concerted effort to figure out how much I really like this game and it's been a wonderful experience.  

What’s your handicap or normal score?

Somewhere in the 80s. Pretty solid for the majority of holes, but I will inevitably have 1-3 blowups that tank my score. 

What do you love about golf?

Now that I've got some perspective in life (your 40s will do that to you), I see it for the personal challenge it is. I don't have to stack up to anyone else, just be the best player I can be. Or, just go have fun with friends. It's up to me. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I've read so much content and watched a bunch of videos, so I wanted to be a part of the group. Plus, I'd love to be a tester in the future. 

I don't know any other spies, at least, not that they've told me.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

NE Indiana. Unfortunately, my home course is closed. Greenhurst Golf Club in Auburn, IN, was a wonderful place to learn the game. I play most of my rounds at Bridgewater Golf Club in Auburn. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Golf is pretty accessible around here and prices are reasonable. But, that can also mean long round times unless you're fortunate enough to be able to afford membership at a private club. 

What do you do for a living?

Certified Financial Planner working for a company that helps people across the country achieve their financial goals.

How’d you pick your user name?

I used it as a screen name for a golf game, and it was available here, too. 

D - Ping G430 LST

3H - Titleist TSr2

Irons - Ping i5

Wedges - Ping Tour

Putter - Ping Craz-E

36 minutes ago, Hosel Rocket said:

A long time. My parents belonged to a club in town, and while I spent the majority of my summers playing baseball, I'd go to the course with dad and play 9 holes with him a few times a year. Trips to the course became fewer as the baseball schedule picked up in intensity, but I never gave it up entirely. This year I've made a concerted effort to figure out how much I really like this game and it's been a wonderful experience.  

Somewhere in the 80s. Pretty solid for the majority of holes, but I will inevitably have 1-3 blowups that tank my score. 

Now that I've got some perspective in life (your 40s will do that to you), I see it for the personal challenge it is. I don't have to stack up to anyone else, just be the best player I can be. Or, just go have fun with friends. It's up to me. 

I've read so much content and watched a bunch of videos, so I wanted to be a part of the group. Plus, I'd love to be a tester in the future. 

NE Indiana. Unfortunately, my home course is closed. Greenhurst Golf Club in Auburn, IN, was a wonderful place to learn the game. I play most of my rounds at Bridgewater Golf Club in Auburn. 

Golf is pretty accessible around here and prices are reasonable. But, that can also mean long round times unless you're fortunate enough to be able to afford membership at a private club. 

Certified Financial Planner working for a company that helps people across the country achieve their financial goals.

Welcome!

2024 WITB:

Driver::callaway-logo-1: Ai Smoke 🔹🔹🔹 MAX 9* w. Denali 60g 6.5 (XS)

FW woods: :titleist-small:TSR2+ 13* '2W' w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X & TSR2 21* 7W w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

Hybrid: :taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18*) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

Irons: :taylormade-small: 5i-PW: '17 P790 w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X (Incoming soon: :taylormade-small: 4i-PW: 2024 P770 w. :projectx: Rifle 6.0 (+1/4"))

Wedges: :taylormade-small: 50/09 MG4; 56/12 MG4TW Raw; :vokey-small:SM9 60/04L

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X7

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x //  :callaway-small: Chrome Tour // Maxfli Tour X

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder;  :Ogio: Woode Hybrid Stand Bag; :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

2024 Tests:

"...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!"- Eric Idle

On 8/24/2024 at 9:01 PM, peppygolfer said:

Hi everyone, I'm Pep from Grand Rapids, Michigan. Just recently joined the forum after stalking the review section for a while. Figured its time to actually introduce myself.

- How long have you been playing golf?

Short answer: 2 years. Long answer: Started golf in 2012 but went into golf hiatus for over 10 years due to constant travel. Returned to golf in 2022 and now been golfing every day since. 

- What’s your handicap or normal score?

I'm an 18 Handicap - but on a bad day it could get ugly. 

- What do you love about golf?

In golf you can go from hitting a tour caliber shot to shanking it in one hole. Chasing the tour caliber shot is addicting.

- What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

MyGolfSpy has a lot of resources for golfers. I want to help build this community of Golf Spies. No I do not know any other spies here. 

- Where are you from? What is your home course?

Grand Rapids, Michigan. Indian Trails Golf Course.

- What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Its cold in Michigan, so you can only golf for 5-6 months out of the year. But its not too hot when you can play.

- What do you do for a living?

I'm an International Business Manager.

- How’d you pick your user name? 

I'm pep. So Peppygolfer

Welcome to the forum! There are several other GR forum members around! 

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter: LABLogo_25px.png.d348c70a35f07dfed1742feb45210a2f.png DF3 OFFICIAL MEMBER REVIEW HERE ‘24

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

1 hour ago, Hosel Rocket said:

Welcome to the forum! Bummer that your home course closed!

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter: LABLogo_25px.png.d348c70a35f07dfed1742feb45210a2f.png DF3 OFFICIAL MEMBER REVIEW HERE ‘24

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

1 hour ago, Hosel Rocket said:

Welcome to the Forum!

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

9 hours ago, jbern said:

Welcome to the forum! Bummer that your home course closed!

Thankfully, the people who bought it turned 95% of the course property into a publicly accessible park and not a housing development or strip mall. I feel pretty fortunate that I can walk around the place and talk with my kids about what used to be there. 

D - Ping G430 LST

3H - Titleist TSr2

Irons - Ping i5

Wedges - Ping Tour

Putter - Ping Craz-E

53 minutes ago, Hosel Rocket said:

Thankfully, the people who bought it turned 95% of the course property into a publicly accessible park and not a housing development or strip mall. I feel pretty fortunate that I can walk around the place and talk with my kids about what used to be there. 

That is nice and fun to reminisce! One of the courses that closed where I grew up in NW Ohio was turned back to farmland and there was one extremely elevated green that you could see from the road. The farmer left the elevated topography of the green and doesn't plant crops in that area (just lets it grow to pasture grass). It always gives me flashbacks of missing the green short and then having a torturous 40 yd chip back up that hill! 😆 

13 hours ago, Hosel Rocket said:

This forum ain't big enough for the both of us, buddy! Kidding, welcome to the forum!!

WITB:

:cobra-small: Driver -  LTDx 9* w/ Mitsubishi Chemicals Kuro Kage 70g Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: 3 Wood -  LTDx 15* w/ Mitsubishi Chemicals Tensei 75g Stiff Shaft

:callaway-small: 7 Wood -  AI Smoke Triple🔹 20* w/ Project X Denali Black 70g Stiff Shaft

:taylormade-small: Irons (PW-4 Iron) -   P790 w/ Oban 115g X-Stiff Shafts

:vokey-small: Wedges (50, 54, 58) -  SM9

:bettinardi-small: Putter -  Studio Stock 28 Armlock w/ Super Stroke Grip

34 minutes ago, jbern said:

That is nice and fun to reminisce! One of the courses that closed where I grew up in NW Ohio was turned back to farmland and there was one extremely elevated green that you could see from the road. The farmer left the elevated topography of the green and doesn't plant crops in that area (just lets it grow to pasture grass). It always gives me flashbacks of missing the green short and then having a torturous 40 yd chip back up that hill! 😆 

What are you talking about? There are no elevation changes in NW Ohio! 🤣  I can think of 3 courses on the east side of Cleveland that have been turned into parks. Two private and one public. I miss the public one, Wicked Woods, because it had the hardest greens I've ever played. It felt like there was no flat areas anywhere on the course, so trying to read the greens was a huge challange.

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic MAX LS
Hybrid: :taylormade-small: Rescue 
4-GW: :taylormade-small: Burner Plus
SW: :macgregor-small: MS8 
LW:  Slazenger Wrath 60
Putter: ? It was a gift with no brand on it
Bag: :Ogio: Fuse 2024 Neon Sport

33 minutes ago, Hosel_Rockets said:

This forum ain't big enough for the both of us, buddy! Kidding, welcome to the forum!!

You just keep to your side of the border, and we'll be just fine. Or, we can lean into it and start a two-day golf trip in OH/IN called the Hosel Rocket(s) Open. No one with an index of under 10 is allowed to join. 

Thanks! Looking forward to contributing. 

D - Ping G430 LST

3H - Titleist TSr2

Irons - Ping i5

Wedges - Ping Tour

Putter - Ping Craz-E

1 hour ago, Dan1247 said:

What are you talking about? There are no elevation changes in NW Ohio! 🤣  

It had to be man-made! The rest of the course was flatter than a Blackstone!😆

24 minutes ago, jbern said:

It had to be man-made! The rest of the course was flatter than a Blackstone!😆

The amount of trips I've had from Sandusky to Fort Wayne/BG/Toledo/Lima/Findlay/etc tells me it must've been! The highest elevations out there are the bridges going over the highways.

A little off topic here. @jbern I saw you play the 659 CBs in your sig. How are you liking them? I've been debating going with those over the 699 Pros because I much prefer the look of the CBs. My handicap says I shouldn't, but I was hitting them about as well (or as bad depending on perspective) as the 699 Pro V2 and OG 699 Pro when I tried them at a local sim.

5 hours ago, Dan1247 said:

A little off topic here. @jbern I saw you play the 659 CBs in your sig. How are you liking them? I've been debating going with those over the 699 Pros because I much prefer the look of the CBs. My handicap says I shouldn't, but I was hitting them about as well (or as bad depending on perspective) as the 699 Pro V2 and OG 699 Pro when I tried them at a local sim.

I have never hit the 699 Pros V1 or V2, so I can't give you my comparison between those two, but I like the 659s a lot! They look great, feel phenomenal when struck well and the v-sole provides great turf interaction! They don't have much forgiveness, specifically on toe strikes or high strikes I found I lost 8-12 yards. I've found that heel strikes (that don't hit the hosel 😆) and thin strikes are pretty forgiving and only loose 3-5 yards. 

WITBSub70irons.jpg.448e8b087143a732833ae7095577dd56.jpg

I've had a draft of a full review for the 659s on my Notes app for quite a while now, I need to finish it and put in on the forum informal reviews threads. 

28 minutes ago, jbern said:

I have never hit the 699 Pros V1 or V2, so I can't give you my comparison between those two, but I like the 659s a lot! They look great, feel phenomenal when struck well and the v-sole provides great turf interaction! They don't have much forgiveness, specifically on toe strikes or high strikes I found I lost 8-12 yards. I've found that heel strikes (that don't hit the hosel 😆) and thin strikes are pretty forgiving and only loose 3-5 yards. 

WITBSub70irons.jpg.448e8b087143a732833ae7095577dd56.jpg

I've had a draft of a full review for the 659s on my Notes app for quite a while now, I need to finish it and put in on the forum informal reviews threads. 

Thanks! With the 20% off deal they're running right now it's getting harder not to pull the trigger.

I've been playing since the mid-80s, but I took 9 years off between 2014 and 2023. Before having kids, I played golf 5 or 6 days a week. I had a low single-digit handicap at the time. I couldn't switch to playing once or twice a month and lose my mind so I just stopped playing while they shuttling them to soccer and other activities. In 2023, some friends talked about their rounds of golf and with some spare time I said I'd like to go one time.  I shot 79 that first round back - chipped in for birdie on the 2nd hole. And I found I didn't mind a bad shot or a missed putt like I used to. As long as I could find my ball, I was still in the hole. I have played about 20 times since I started back. 

What’s your handicap or normal score? 3.4 is my index. 

What do you love about golf? Spending 4 hours with my friends is what I love the most, but the unique challenge of playing golf is right up there too.  

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? It seems like a great place to keep up on the game. 

Do you already know any other Spies? I don't think so. 

Where are you from? The Charleston, WV area.

What is your home course? I don't really have one. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing is cost. The worst thing is the lack of golf courses in the area.

What do you do for a living? I work in IT, but I have a side hustle as a sports photographer. I do work for an NCAA Division II school and local high schools. Once school starts (late August), my golf time is limited until school is out (early June). 

How’d you pick your user name? It's my name. 

Cleveland Launcher 9 degree - Grafalloy Blue S

Taylormade Sim2 Max 3 wood - Ventus Blue FW 6

Sonartec NP-99 5 wood - X flex Fujikura

4-PW Callaway X-16 - DG S300

52 - Cleveland 588 Black

56 & 60 - Cleveland RTX - 4

Kevin Burns - 9304

33 minutes ago, ScottAbbott said:

I've been playing since the mid-80s, but I took 9 years off between 2014 and 2023. Before having kids, I played golf 5 or 6 days a week. I had a low single-digit handicap at the time. I couldn't switch to playing once or twice a month and lose my mind so I just stopped playing while they shuttling them to soccer and other activities. In 2023, some friends talked about their rounds of golf and with some spare time I said I'd like to go one time.  I shot 79 that first round back - chipped in for birdie on the 2nd hole. And I found I didn't mind a bad shot or a missed putt like I used to. As long as I could find my ball, I was still in the hole. I have played about 20 times since I started back. 

What do you love about golf? Spending 4 hours with my friends is what I love the most, but the unique challenge of playing golf is right up there too.  

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? It seems like a great place to keep up on the game. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing is cost. The worst thing is the lack of golf courses in the area.

What do you do for a living? I work in IT, but I have a side hustle as a sports photographer. I do work for an NCAA Division II school and local high schools. Once school starts (late August), my golf time is limited until school is out (early June). 

Welcome to the Forum!

9 hours ago, ScottAbbott said:

Welcome to the MGS forum @ScottAbbott

A lot of good information and people here to answer any questions you may have.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

10 hours ago, ScottAbbott said:

Welcome! 

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to the game of golf! 

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Been playing on and off for 40 years.  Normal score is in the mid 90's

Time spent with great friends or family in a beautiful environment.  You can continually improve no matter what your age.

I continually search for the magic club.  I buy and sell clubs to try them out.  I use MyGolfSpy to research my purchases.

Holt, Michigan.  Just moved here.  Don't have a home course yet.

So many great courses in Michigan.  

Retired from auto dealership job this year.  Love playing weekday golf.

I tend to leave putts short.  I've heard this comment too many times to count.

5 minutes ago, DoesYourHusbandPlay said:

Incredible username. Welcome to the Forum!

Current WITB:

Bag: image_2024-02-27_104948566.png.b92168231016d467eb3d016dba2075b9.png MV2 Golf Bag

Driver:  image.png G425 Max 9.0º,Fujikura-Smiths-golf-logo-effect(1)(1).png.6f8993e93c81265138ae9592b03a5dd9.pngVentus Blue Velocore 6S

Fairway: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png TSR2 3 wood 15º,Fujikura-Smiths-golf-logo-effect(1)(1).png.6f8993e93c81265138ae9592b03a5dd9.pngVentus Red Velocore 7S

Driving Iron: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png U505 2-iron, Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85S 

Irons: image.png.b5950bd367d637859d211fef578a14af.png MP-54 (4-P), Project X 6.0S

Wedges: TM23WDG-MG4-Stacked-Color-OnLight-v1-1024x410.png.ac724a75349db558663486b0cf600638.png 50.09 SB, 54.11 SB, 58.11 SB

Putter: default_odyssey-small.jpg.a7dc06ee6fc9b8df09953a46df717684.jpg Ai-ONE Jailbird Mini DB 35"

Ball:  Maxfli_new(1).png.543c09044d6b6e8a80c748512567d803.png Tour X

Welcome

6 minutes ago, DoesYourHusbandPlay said:

Been playing on and off for 40 years.  Normal score is in the mid 90's

Time spent with great friends or family in a beautiful environment.  You can continually improve no matter what your age.

I continually search for the magic club.  I buy and sell clubs to try them out.  I use MyGolfSpy to research my purchases.

Holt, Michigan.  Just moved here.  Don't have a home course yet.

So many great courses in Michigan.  

Retired from auto dealership job this year.  Love playing weekday golf.

Welcome

I’ve got a bad feeling about this.

Driver-  image.png.c7958ee984bbf04f894ad61f7b2912ee.png     AI Smoke Triple Diamond 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Velocore+ 6x/ image.png.34846e03859e439eea57f542ae27df59.png  Mini Burner Copper 11.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5

Fairway- image.png.05e3e95116b254160104eb63157eaf9c.png Stealth 2, 5 wood Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0/image.png.05e3e95116b254160104eb63157eaf9c.png Burner Bubble 2, 7 wood (sometimes)

Utility- IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpg.1b17f43b70edb2cc8206713b580280bc.jpg 3 Utility Project X HZRDUS Black Smoke RDX 6.0 (sometimes)

Irons- default_mizuno-small.jpg.683f01332cf642e1a0791b7880818c55.jpg JPX 921 Forged KBS $120 5-GW

Wedges-titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpg.69fcd3f4fc6e6cc63e96630188337bff.jpg Vokey SM 56 and 60

Flatstick-titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpg.69fcd3f4fc6e6cc63e96630188337bff.jpg Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7.5 

11 hours ago, ScottAbbott said:

Welcome to the forum!

2024 WITB:

Driver::callaway-logo-1: Ai Smoke 🔹🔹🔹 MAX 9* w. Denali 60g 6.5 (XS)

FW woods: :titleist-small:TSR2+ 13* '2W' w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X & TSR2 21* 7W w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

Hybrid: :taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18*) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

Irons: :taylormade-small: 5i-PW: '17 P790 w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X (Incoming soon: :taylormade-small: 4i-PW: 2024 P770 w. :projectx: Rifle 6.0 (+1/4"))

Wedges: :taylormade-small: 50/09 MG4; 56/12 MG4TW Raw; :vokey-small:SM9 60/04L

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X7

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x //  :callaway-small: Chrome Tour // Maxfli Tour X

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder;  :Ogio: Woode Hybrid Stand Bag; :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

2024 Tests:

"...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!"- Eric Idle

I've been playing golf since about the 5th grade (36 now). Mom would drop me off at a new indoor driving range while she ran errands and I really fell in love with the game! Actually did a golf tournament within the first year of playing and took first place, been down hill since then lol. Current handicap is a 13.8, been as low as a 11.2 and as high as a 15 - really depends how much I'm playing and hitting the range. Two kids under 2 does not help!  

I really enjoy being outdoors and I'm a competitive person in nature so it's a win win. Its also something I get to do with friends and family which is a huge plus. Ultimately I think the challenge to always try to get better is what drives my golf obsession the most; ie. can i get to a single digit?!? 

Followed on instagram for the reviews of equipment. Actually really was the golf ball reviews that got me there initially. I'm really into golf equipment and like to tinker with grips, shafts, etc and so naturally a lot of what mygolfspy does has a large interest to me. Do not know any other spies. 

From Chagrin Falls, OH (cleveland) - was a member out at Mayfield/Sandridge club prior to having kids and now my home track is the Tanglewood Club (public)

Really nice country clubs, lots of courses designed by big name golf architects, metro park courses are great. The bad, weather can be challenging, since covid its very hard to get on a public course without really advance tee times. There is a good amount of public courses in NE Ohio however where I live there is really only 1public course within 25 min. of me but there is like 10 really nice CC. 

Strategic Sourcing and Procurement. 

AIM screen name from when i was a child, just stuck with me (its my initials). 

Nicholas Newell  - Family, GOlf, Cleveland Sports

1 hour ago, npn6933 said:

I've been playing golf since about the 5th grade (36 now). Mom would drop me off at a new indoor driving range while she ran errands and I really fell in love with the game! Actually did a golf tournament within the first year of playing and took first place, been down hill since then lol. Current handicap is a 13.8, been as low as a 11.2 and as high as a 15 - really depends how much I'm playing and hitting the range. Two kids under 2 does not help!  

I really enjoy being outdoors and I'm a competitive person in nature so it's a win win. Its also something I get to do with friends and family which is a huge plus. Ultimately I think the challenge to always try to get better is what drives my golf obsession the most; ie. can i get to a single digit?!? 

Followed on instagram for the reviews of equipment. Actually really was the golf ball reviews that got me there initially. I'm really into golf equipment and like to tinker with grips, shafts, etc and so naturally a lot of what mygolfspy does has a large interest to me. Do not know any other spies. 

From Chagrin Falls, OH (cleveland) - was a member out at Mayfield/Sandridge club prior to having kids and now my home track is the Tanglewood Club (public)

Really nice country clubs, lots of courses designed by big name golf architects, metro park courses are great. The bad, weather can be challenging, since covid its very hard to get on a public course without really advance tee times. There is a good amount of public courses in NE Ohio however where I live there is really only 1public course within 25 min. of me but there is like 10 really nice CC. 

WITB: 

Driver: Ping G410 (Alta CB Red 55 - stock, R-flex) - 10.5

3 Wood: Taylormade M2 (TM REAX 55 — R-FLex) 15

3 Iron - Taylormade DHY 19 degree (regular flex / stock shaft) 

4 hybrid  - Ping G400 22 degree (regular flex / stock shaft)

5-P: Taylormade P790 (original) True Temper 105 S300 

50/60 degree wedge: volkey SM7 

54 - taylormade milled grind 4

Nicholas Newell  - Family, GOlf, Cleveland Sports

2 hours ago, npn6933 said:

Welcome from your Solon neighbor! 

Long time browser of the forum, but wanted to get into it a bit more as I'm on the hunt for potentially getting new irons after breaking 80 again for the first time in almost a decade during the first round of my recent club championship. I ended up shooting 93 the next day against Sunday pins, but I think it was mostly user error getting away from what I did well on Saturday most of all and having approach shots come in too low.

I've been playing since I can remember, so for about 40 years. I played a little bit of junior golf and high school golf on the JV squad, started playing in a club around 2004 and have gotten as low as a 7 handicap. Right now I'm a 12.8, usually shoot in the mid 80s and just shot a 78 last weekend.

I love getting out to walk the course and spend time with my group. Getting around the course in about four hours with friends allows for plenty of time to catch up, stay connected and get some steps in at the same time.

I went to college with Chris Nickel and enjoy following his takes on the golfing world. I'm not sure if I know any of the other Spies out here, but enjoy lurking.

I'm from the metro area of Minnesota and play most of my rounds at the University of Minnesota Les Bolstad Golf Course. I also enjoy playing Keller, Chaska and Northland CC when I can get up there.

The short season is definitely the tough thing up here for playing. I'm also involved in hockey quite a bit, so the sticks kind of get put away from November to March. I might have to start changing that to get back to a single digit handicap.

I'm a business analyst working in research information technology doing software implementations, upgrades, enhancements, training, development and reporting. I also freelance in college hockey podcasting and reporting.

Driver - Titleist TSi3

Wood - TaylorMade SIM2 MAX

Hybrids - TaylorMade SIM MAX

Irons - Mizuno JPX 825

Wedges - Callaway Mack Daddy Forged Slate

Putter - Odysset White Hot Two-Ball Center Shaft

Ball - Titleist ProV1x